Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It's not pure luck, it's by design.  Remember where FE came from!

While Hawaii may be a small part of the US, it is STILL a part of the US, and it's my country too.  While things can be super-swingy, remember that the maximum number of times someone can compete in a given multiplier is 2.  I've stumbled upon them before, and all it did was allow me to be lazier than normal.  I think dedication would be a lot more effective than being awake for the first few hours of the gauntlet.

I just wish all regions got the same fair shake from this system.  But I fear no hour of the day would be equally optimal for each primary region. People are out here crying that their favorite character lost a popularity contest due to a system meant to deliver upsets, but the only thing that bothers me about multipliers is not always being able to whip out your phone at the right time of day, or at a time when you're awake. You need a reddit spreadsheet to accurately predict when these are coming, and real life tends to occupy me for more than an hour at a time. 

Anyway, I shouldn't complain about a system without providing a theoretical solution. Keep the multiplier system, but instead of activating it when your score gets to too low compared to your opponent the players earn multiplier charges for themselves by playing the mode normally throughout the day. And as one team's score inevitably lags behind, they can automatically reduce the amount of victories required to earn yourself a charge. That way the winner is decided by both popularity of that character, and how often people are playing the mode. Dedication can be a factor in your ranking instead of time zones. Probably won't deliver as many upsets as the current multiplier system, but you can add more mechanics, like once X amount of players have earned themselves a multiplier, everybody on the team gets an additional global multiplier charge, but only if they're on the losing side.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After finishing off my flags, I went to go summon from the CYL banner with a decent boosted rate. Saw greens, and sure enough, I got Brave Ike Camilla 5*. I guess she did have one last trick up her sleeve after all.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, it's the last hour and no multipliers, Camilla can't win now. lol

But I'm glad this is finally about to end! IKE IS OFFICIALLY FIRST MALE WINNER! :D

That's nice.  I wish it were a clean victory and not this...whatever this game is supposed to be now.  But thankfully it's done for a month.

10 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

That's nice.  I wish it were a clean victory and not this...whatever this game is supposed to be now.  But thankfully it's done for a month.

I know, right? This gauntlet has just felt messy and disappointing. As much as I love the rewards, I glad this is over, and I'm stoked for the Tempest. XD Maybe IS will think long and hard about this.

Ike has avenged the Purple Upset! He is the Blueberry Wolf!

I would have preferred to see Lyn in the finals. I guess we'll never get to see those two giants duke it out, but I'm happy Lyn was popular enough to be qualified for it.

Now, where is that salty Lucina fan who never got over losing fair and square to Lyn?

Edited by NekoKnight

I feel wrong for having to say that this was my favorite and best gauntlet so far... Not only because Ike won, but we finally got ourselves a male winner and the best male winner at that imo and I walked away with the biggest pile of feathers I ever got in a gauntlet.

I really wish that there hadn't been so much shitshowing over this whole thing... I'd feel so much better about having enjoyed this gauntlet.

Managed to sneak in one final battle of 110 points 3 minutes before the end.

Hopefully I move to the next tier. Just outside top 1000 for Ike and outside 10,000 for Camilla.

Missing multipliers because I fell asleep waiting sucks. Especially when you're just outside the next feather tier :(

Global ranking is meh though, since I failed to rank on Round 2- so  I didn't get ranking feathers which also sucked

Edited by mcsilas

4 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Good Ike has won , we have a male gauntlet winner at last and Minerva and Lyn have been avenged and I am happy.

Not just a male gauntlet winner, but a pre-3DS winner.

Well, gauntlet's over. Surprisingly somewhat disappointing for me despite our first male AND pre-3DS winner (yay!). I joined Lucina hoping for a bloodbath with Lyn first round and the ultimate final match-up between Ike and Lyn, but didn't get either... Oh well, I actually got a decent amount of feathers this time and still had fun, definitely better than the salt fest last VG was.

Shout outs to @Rezzy's Titania and @JSND's Cecilia. Got both of them quite a bit and they helped turn the tide against a lot against blues considering my rando pair ups were 99.99% Ike or another swordie. Didn't really get anyone else on here, a bit disappointing too because I really wanted to try Tybrosion's Soren.

Good game Team Camilla! Sorry for the hell you guys faced after the semis, but this was a fun match!

I'm good with having the first male gauntlet winner and actually having backed a character in the finals who won.

5 minutes ago, Knightlybean said:

THOT ELIMINATED!!!!!

Don't do that.

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Oh yeah, Ike is the first for both those categories, isn't he? :o That's so awesome!

WE LIKE IKE! <3

He deserved this!

As a strong supporter of Tharja and Camilla, this was a fun gauntlet. But sadly reminded me how the vocal fans can be so toxic to certain characters. This makes it hard to like them, since I supposedly have bad taste for liking them. But it was worth it to see the salt of Team Lyn not being in the finals. There needs to be more gauntlets like this in the future with not clear winner and upsets.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Well, gauntlet's over. Surprisingly somewhat disappointing for me despite our first male AND pre-3DS winner (yay!). I joined Lucina hoping for a bloodbath with Lyn first round and the ultimate final match-up between Ike and Lyn, but didn't get either... Oh well, I actually got a decent amount of feathers this time and still had fun, definitely better than the salt fest last VG was.

Shout outs to @Rezzy's Titania and @JSND's Cecilia. Got both of them quite a bit and they helped turn the tide against a lot against blues considering my rando pair ups were 99.99% Ike or another swordie. Didn't really get anyone else on here, a bit disappointing too because I really wanted to try Tybrosion's Soren.

Good game Team Camilla! Sorry for the hell you guys faced after the semis, but this was a fun match!

Wait what

I didnt realize Cecilia is my flagship

Oh yeah, I know Rezzy never got my Summer Freddy, but did ANYONE ever get him? I remember one person said they did back in round 1. But no one else mentioned having gotten to use him. Any other Team Ike people get him?

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

A little disappointed it wasn't Hector in that role, but since Ike has his hair and build, I suppose we can let him be an honorary Hector.

1,800 feathers for total rank 11,246; 3,100 feathers for Team Camilla rank 4,313.

With 5,200 feathers from the previous rounds this brings me to 10,100 feathers across the gauntlet. Not bad, not bad at all.

Just now, JSND said:

Wait what

I didnt realize Cecilia is my flagship

Oh. Well apparently she is. >.>

Or I have someone with your exact name on my friendlist but if I do, that's one hell of a coincidence.