Summoning Focus: Brave Heroes!

Vaximillian

Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Well, now i know where all my banner luck went to, lol.

To be honest, it was my first 15 orbs for the summoning event ( +5 are free).

now i dont know what to build them properly.. giving those bane and boon.. i think my roy is a bit off with -atk

Edited by Quanggquangg

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Quanggquangg said:

To be honest, it was my first 15 orbs for the summoning events ( +5 are free).

now i dont know what to build them properly.. giving those bane and boon.. i think my roy is a bit off with -atk

Considering both Ikes I pulled are +def/-atk, i was considering giving him fortress def off one of the spare Seth for lulz.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

I think the off-banner chances are higher or something...8 freaking 5* in red trying to summon CYL Roy and ALL of them were off banner. 1 Luke, 1 Ryoma, 1 Tharja, 1 Seth, 1 Lucina, 1 Athena and 2 Alm...at least give me Reds I didn't already have! >_<

Honestly, it feels that way to me. 100 orbs later (5 full pulls) and my only noteworthy pulls were 5* Priscilla, Leo and Ike. And they all had bad natures.

Jumped into Colorless Hell (while also pulling Reds) trying to get a gordin/klein for BB+ for the eventual free bowlyn pick, but about 30 orbs in got this +spd -hp bowlyn.

Spoiler

59a83f1acef32_fehbowlynpull.thumb.png.b17286d7dc51e16bc40faf3c70dd4423.png

Luck ended there though, for another ~20+ orbs I kept pulling only Red/Colorless, and got the 4* Gordin if I ever decide to not use her excellent base bow, but no Royliwood yet. Probably will end up using the free pick on Roy since I badly need a 3rd competent Red horse.

Will Brave Heroes be available for summoning after the CYL event? And if it's unknown do you guys think they will?

Edited by Logos

8 minutes ago, Logos said:

Will Brave Heroes be available for summoning after the CYL event? And if it's unknown do you guys think they will?

If you check the noticeboard, it says the special heroes will continue to be available after the focus ends

Now i wish i tried harder for summer corrin

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

If you check the noticeboard, it says the special heroes will continue to be available after the focus ends

Now i wish i tried harder for summer corrin

Hope has been restored to me. I also wish I had gone for Summer Corrin more, a lot of 5 Stars I've had were just so bad, a few good. I blame it on Nintendo playing it smart and releasing so many good banners one after another.

54 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I need to put Iotes Shield and Gronnraven on my BunnyCamilla to counter all those Lyns flooding the Arena... bye bye Litrblade B!Camilla ._. you will be missed

I think Gronnraven + Triangle Adept might be better, that's what I'm using right now. If you're using a flier team that is (Fortify + Ward).

9 minutes ago, Birdy said:

I think Gronnraven + Triangle Adept might be better, that's what I'm using right now. If you're using a flier team that is (Fortify + Ward).

TA would defeat the entire point of running -raven because Lyn can just pack CA in the B-slot.

This banner is worrying me because I'm seeing CYL units in full pulls and I only did one full pull. The 2nd time with the latter 20 orbs I sniped for Ike.

Crap what was I thinking... I could have left a CYL Roy, Lucina or Lyn on the table... I really wish this game would show you what was inside the orbs you left behind when you chose to stop summoning. It would hurt, but at least it's better than not knowing what you left behind.

18 minutes ago, Zeo said:

This banner is worrying me because I'm seeing CYL units in full pulls and I only did one full pull. The 2nd time with the latter 20 orbs I sniped for Ike.

Crap what was I thinking... I could have left a CYL Roy, Lucina or Lyn on the table... I really wish this game would show you what was inside the orbs you left behind when you chose to stop summoning. It would hurt, but at least it's better than not knowing what you left behind.

The best thing I got out of 3 summons -- wanted to round out my total summons to an even number, 66, and I didn't have anything I wanted to do with my orbs -- was a +HP, -Def 4* Seliph. Why is he the best? New character I never summoned. Otherwise, a +HP, -Spd 4* Seth who gave up his Fortress Def 3 for +Spd, -Atk Azama and I guess +Spd, -Atk 4* Lissa -- she'd basically be the higher base resistance version of +Spd, -Atk Azama -- would be the other highlights. -Atk Jakob, Mae, and Sully, more Niles than I can ever use because Iceberg is only so useful on units with high resistance and that I would want to use, random Beruka, more Ravens -- go away, I have too many Brave Axes and too many of you! --, and a 4* Eliwood to get rid of a 3* Eliwood -- 2k less feathers for Ward Cavalry.

A guaranteed CYL unit and summoning CYL Lyn was probably the best idea even though it feels like a pity summon: "Here's a powerful archer for free that everyone can get because you're never going to get a good archer otherwise." Ike was tempting, but I have enough axe units and I can hopefully get him and every unit eventually since the CYL units aren't limited. Man, a +Def CYL Lucina would be awesome and CYL Ike's stats are good enough that even the worst boon and bane would just be a minor inconvenience.

TL;DR: I'm done with this banner. Didn't get anything out of it other than Seliph. Black Knight GHB when?

Edited by Kaden

14 minutes ago, Kaden said:

TL;DR: I'm done with this banner. Didn't get anything out of it other than Seliph. Black Knight GHB when?

An armor with a DC Prf sounds kind of terrifying on paper, to be honest. A slot is completely free to run whatever he wants while still being able to run Wary or QR depending on speed tier.

E rank mobility will forever make him a second class citizen in FEH, however, since you aren't rewarded very much for having higher BST.* (Arena score rises with BST, meaning what you gain in stats you lose in harder opponents, a part** of why Rein is ridiculous since his BST is as low as it gets. Horse stat penalty basically doesn't exist since they fight weaker BST opponents, and armor BST advantage basically doesn't exist because they fight harder opponents.)

*Stacking a ton of meges does force you to only ever fight teams of 4 armors with 300 pt skills and Aether in the special slot, which simplifies teambuilding drastically, but that's a very heavy investment, 220k feathers per character, for at least 3 characters, for very marginal return---you get a higher rank on arena assault, and that's about it.

**I have to wonder if someone secretly planned Reinhardt to be ridiculous in every single possible way that a unit could be ridiculous.

Edited by DehNutCase

55 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

TA would defeat the entire point of running -raven because Lyn can just pack CA in the B-slot.

Nah,  CA is too niche. Considering amount and Access to DC, I doubt lot of player would sacrifice Blessing for anything less than desperation. In other hands Raven alone is far from enough answer to bows on flyer.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

An armor with a DC Prf sounds kind of terrifying on paper, to be honest. A slot is completely free to run whatever he wants while still being able to run Wary or QR depending on speed tier.

E rank mobility will forever make him a second class citizen in FEH, however, since you aren't rewarded very much for having higher BST.* (Arena score rises with BST, meaning what you gain in stats you lose in harder opponents, a part** of why Rein is ridiculous since his BST is as low as it gets. Horse stat penalty basically doesn't exist since they fight weaker BST opponents, and armor BST advantage basically doesn't exist because they fight harder opponents.)

*Stacking a ton of meges does force you to only ever fight teams of 4 armors with 300 pt skills and Aether in the special slot, which simplifies teambuilding drastically, but that's a very heavy investment, 220k feathers per character, for at least 3 characters, for very marginal return---you get a higher rank on arena assault, and that's about it.

**I have to wonder if someone secretly planned Reinhardt to be ridiculous in every single possible way that a unit could be ridiculous.

You're acting like fighting higher-scoring opponents is always a downside. If you want more points, it's an upside.

Plus, the arena isn't the only concern. I'd certainly like another unit for my armor team, both for use in Arena Assault and elsewhere, and having DC without needing to eat a Hector is really important because armor teams can have trouble dealing with ranged attackers without a suitable DC unit on hand.

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

You're acting like fighting higher-scoring opponents is always a downside. If you want more points, it's an upside.

Horse teams can also fight higher-scoring opponents, by stacking merges. I do score inflate enough to reach the tier I want, but once you have enough more points does exactly nothing for you. And even horse teams don't take any merges (although you might have to run some Aethers or AoE skills) to reach T20. Fighting higher score opponents isn't an advantage armors actually have vs. competitors until you reach the score cap. (Mind, they might simply get there earlier, it might be possible to reach score cap with some very SP heavy horse builds, but I wouldn't know.)

18 minutes ago, Othin said:

Plus, the arena isn't the only concern. I'd certainly like another unit for my armor team, both for use in Arena Assault and elsewhere, and having DC without needing to eat a Hector is really important because armor teams can have trouble dealing with ranged attackers without a suitable DC unit on hand.

Second rate characters are perfectly usable. I never said the black knight was unusable, simply second rate. Xander and Camus both have DC, are GHB as well, and happen to be the second best unit type in the game, physical cavalry. (And armor teams having trouble dealing with attackers with reach---whether in mobility or range---is part of why armors are second rate in the first place.)

Usability and tier ranking is unrelated, anyway. A Meg in a world of level 1 lancers with only 10 hp and 1 in other stats would be first tier, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's usable. (The game could simply be literally impossible with Meg's statline, in which case even a first rate unit isn't enough to beat it.)

Edit:

20 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Nah,  CA is too niche. Considering amount and Access to DC, I doubt lot of player would sacrifice Blessing for anything less than desperation. In other hands Raven alone is far from enough answer to bows on flyer.

A, For a defense team, a skill's chance of being relevant is less important than how relevant it is when it is. Sacre blessing, even if distant counter physical units---it doesn't work against dragons----were more common than -raven TA, suffers from the fact that it doesn't actually do that much. Ryoma or Camus can't counter-kill Lyn anymore, big whup, she's still dead to him on player phase. CA, on the other hand, means that S!Camilla can't do anything do her if she's running the TA-3 -raven set---sniped on EP, not enough damage to KO on PP, and also being counter-killed for trying.

B, She specially said Iote's in the A-slot.

C, CA-3 gives perfect neutral coverage on bows, which is amazing on a unit with good offenses, because neutral coverage is all you need to exterminate the cast. You can't counter-attack if you're dead. This is why IceDragon was so afraid of Reinhardt getting CA---the guy would simply waltz up and kill every single unit that should've countered him, before Urvan popped into existence.

Edited by DehNutCase

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Horse teams can also fight higher-scoring opponents, by stacking merges. I do score inflate enough to reach the tier I want, but once you have enough more points does exactly nothing for you. And even horse teams don't take any merges (although you might have to run some Aethers or AoE skills) to reach T20. Fighting higher score opponents isn't an advantage armors actually have vs. competitors until you reach the score cap. (Mind, they might simply get there earlier, it might be possible to reach score cap with some very SP heavy horse builds, but I wouldn't know.)

Second rate characters are perfectly usable. I never said the black knight was unusable, simply second rate. Xander and Camus both have DC, are GHB as well, and happen to be the second best unit type in the game, physical cavalry. (And armor teams having trouble dealing with attackers with reach---whether in mobility or range---is part of why armors are second rate in the first place.)

Usability and tier ranking is unrelated, anyway. A Meg in a world of level 1 lancers with only 10 hp and 1 in other stats would be first tier, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's usable. (The game could simply be literally impossible with Meg's statline, in which case even a first rate unit isn't enough to beat it.)

Sure, I'll have my Reinhardt merge with the extra Reinhardts I don't have and inherit the Aether I don't have.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sure, I'll have my Reinhardt merge with the extra Reinhardts I don't have and inherit the Aether I don't have.

You can also just merge up a 3* base unit into 5* +10 for 220k feathers, and have that score machine carry you. (A unit like that can probably carry a team of 4*s into T20 without issue.) Reinhardt is far easier to get merges of than GHB units, anyway, thanks to being a 4* base.

We're getting more than 20k feathers/week recently, so score will never be a problem, realistically speaking.

Edited by DehNutCase

7 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

You can also just merge up a 3* base unit into 5* +10 for 220k feathers, and have that score machine carry you. (A unit like that can probably carry a team of 4*s into T20 without issue.) Reinhardt is far easier to get merges of than GHB units, anyway, thanks to being a 4* base.

We're getting more than 20k feathers/week recently, so score will never be a problem, realistically speaking.

A 200k investment is doable if you're really dedicated to getting one +10 unit at the expense of ten other units you could upgrade, but it's not some small, easy thing that's "not a problem".