Favorite Brave Father

Arthur97

Favorite Brave Father  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which one

Now, for whatever reason, the brave heroes really seem to focus on their fathers and they all mention them in their descriptions (apparently Lucina is dressed like Chrom?) So, which of the fathers is your favorite?

Edited by Arthur97

*Greil

Hassar’s a blank slate, we know next to nothing about him.
Greil has the best voice acting in both Blueberry Saga games.
Chrom is cool and enemies sometimes make him angry but shares his game with his daughter.
Eliwood doesn’t die in his son’s story. Eliwood shags a dragon. Eliwood wins.

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

(apparently Lucina is dressed like Chrom?)

Lucina is dressed like Great Lord Lucina.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

*Greil

Hassar’s a blank slate, we know next to nothing about him.
Greil has the best voice acting in both Blueberry Saga games.
Chrom is cool and enemies sometimes make him angry but shares his game with his daughter.
Eliwood doesn’t die in his son’s story. Eliwood shags a dragon. Eliwood wins.

Lucina is dressed like Great Lord Lucina.

Yeah, but her short profile says she's dressed like her father. The only big similarity is that they both have shields.

Eliwood is the ultimate example of character development going from a kind hearted noble in FE7 into basically a force of nature in FE6. 

@Glennstavos Pre promote Roy with Horse maybe. Late game Roy can just use Niime taxi or buy 8 boots

Edited by JSND

eliwood's promotion in fe7 is the coolest shit and that's enough to make him my favorite

but also I just really like the dude

chrom's alright too and greil was cool for what little we saw of him but eliwood's just such a nice, fun dude in a way I really like

plus eliwood lives so he's the best dad ever

really wish his heroes art was better, i hope he gets an alt one day

although i have wondered, what would they have done if alm was one of the winners?

Edited by unique

3 minutes ago, unique said:

eliwood's promotion in fe7 is the coolest shit and that's enough to make him my favorite

but also I just really like the dude

chrom's alright too and greil was cool for what little we saw of him but eliwood's just such a nice, fun dude in a way I really like

plus eliwood lives so he's the best dad ever

really wish his heroes art was better, i hope he gets an alt one day

although i have wondered, what would they have done if alm was one of the winners?

Isn't Alm on a horse like the most obvious shit ever?

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Isn't Alm on a horse like the most obvious shit ever?

well yeah he'd be on a horse since his father figure and his real dad are both gold knights

but the thing is, ike lyn and lucina all got their promoted weapons

maybe in a world where lyn didn't make the top 2 and alm did, he would've been the first bow cavalier

Edited by unique

2 minutes ago, unique said:

well yeah he'd be on a horse since his father figure and his real dad are both gold knights

but the thing is, ike lyn and roy all got their promoted weapons

maybe in a world where lyn didn't make the top 2 and alm did, he would've been the first bow cavalier

The weapon choice would really be whatever IS feels like. The fact that Lucina got a new Lance out of nowhere is telling

What if the winners were ones whose fathers weren't clear? I do feel Lucina is a bit of a cop out since she looks more like her own promotion rather than her father, but would they have kept that theme with the last person left out? It does make me wonder. I mean, if Tibarn had won, he doesn't exactly have any sort of father figure mentioned, for instance xD

23 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

What if the winners were ones whose fathers weren't clear? I do feel Lucina is a bit of a cop out since she looks more like her own promotion rather than her father, but would they have kept that theme with the last person left out? It does make me wonder. I mean, if Tibarn had won, he doesn't exactly have any sort of father figure mentioned, for instance xD

I imagine they decided the theme after they found out the winners.  At least, that's what I would do.  They'd have to wait to design the characters until after the poll was over after all.

Anyway, to answer the question, Eliwood, no contest.  The guy is a Father of a lord who didn't get killed by "Lord parent syndrome" (Hector dies instead). 

He's generally a sweet guy, and his interactions with the other major protagonists in FE7 tend to be really nice.

Oh yeah he also apparently runs Lycia while Roy's out doing things literally everywhere else on the continent.  While he's sick.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I'd say, Eliwood.

15 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Oh yeah he also apparently runs Lycia while Roy's out doing things literally everywhere else on the continent.  While he's sick.

He didn't. He was only sick during the early chapters, to justify Roy being the one to do things and not him. After that, it's the whole "have to take care of Lycia" thing instead.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, Eliwood.

He didn't. He was only sick during the early chapters, to justify Roy being the one to do things and not him. After that, it's the whole "have to take care of Lycia" thing instead.

Huh, I thought he was ill the whole way through.  My bad.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, Eliwood.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Huh, I thought he was ill the whole way through.  My bad.

I thought he was sick the whole time, too.  Even if he's holding down Lycia, you'd think someone else could take care of that once the army gets to Bern at the very least, since the continent is on the line and all.

We barely know anything about Lyn's dad, other than a few snippets from FE7.  Dude sounds like a genuinely nice guy, barring the "run off with Lyn's mom" deal. . .which had its own awful repercussions.

Eliwood's held back by his Heroes art.  Which is a pity, because it's Eliwood that got me into the series.

Greil had a little bit of time before eating it.  He had some interesting interactions, though the bulk of his story had to be told instead of shown.

Chrom gets the most screen time and characterization, on the basis that Awakening had a ton of supports.  He also managed to be less interesting than Eliwood despite this.

Since this feels really lopsided, I'm not going to vote.  I'm partial to Eliwood because of bias, though.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Yeah, Lucina's outfit isn't that similar to Chrom's outside of the shield which is still different. Also, do we even know what Lyn's dad looked like?

Eliwood. He's the father to my second favourite FE character, and Eliwood himself is my third favourite Lord. He was arguably my MVP in my playthrough of Blazing Blade, and once he promoted, damn boy. His relationship with Ninian is just OTP right there, and that bromance with Hector, yes please! As a father, I think he's done pretty damn good. Roy's a polite kid who is really freaking smart, so props to Eli.

Chrom would come in second due to being the Awakening husband and just being a total dork. The way he reacts to Lucina's reveal is just A++ like, he was so calm. Some people would flip out, but he just delivers one line that sends me to tears everytime. He's also a great father, judging from what Lucina mentions, and he has a great dynamic with his other potential kids, Morgan and Inigo especially.

Greil comes in third for being a badass old dude, but I don't like his son. He dies too soon to actually form a connection to him, so, ah well.

Lyn's father comes last due to me not knowing anything about him.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, Lucina's outfit isn't that similar to Chrom's outside of the shield which is still different. Also, do we even know what Lyn's dad looked like?

No, but he is mentioned a fair few times in her story, and you can have a good guess at his clothing based on the outfits of the other Sacaens. I used Tibarn as an example - none of the Hawks seem to wear similar clothing... but maybe they'd've kept a father theme. It would be interesting to see what Tibarn's father's clothes might've been xD 

But many characters don't really have a father. It just seemed they all handily fit into that theme. Although, again, they seem to have copped out with it for Lucina and just decided her promotion was close enough xD