Bound Hero Battle: The Restoration Twins

SatsumaFSoysoy

9 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I'm asking for a friend

She doesn't have much LOL

Buy I guess I'll just see if anyone else can brainstorm with me...

@LordFrigid since you have like, every unit in the game and tons of strats for fun, see anything you can make with this?

Those are my friends units 

She has an Olivia too*

I'm thinking something along the lines of using Lancina's spurs and Nino to tank the mages (she's +Spd/-Res and Fury)

Still need this? I can see what I can come up with, I guess. I don't actually have every unit though, from that particular list, I don't have Summer Robin, and my Summer Corrin is probably incompatible with any strategy that would work for your friend, unfortunately.

That said...I do like putting together "for fun" strats.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Still need this? I can see what I can come up with, I guess. I don't actually have every unit though, from that particular list, I don't have Summer Robin, and my Summer Corrin is probably incompatible with any strategy that would work for your friend, unfortunately.

That said...I do like putting together "for fun" strats.

I already figured it out LOL

She's going to use Ike, jeroge (brave bow inherited), Nino, and Nowi 

She just needs to train Nowi up tomorrow (my friend is UK time so she's sleeping now)

The strategy is to let Nino tank the mages on the breakable block, Jeroge kills the green mage with hardy bearing, Nino steps back and kills Ephraim, while Nowi draws back Nino to safety

Ike repositions jeorge and is in range of the Dagger and Sword Guy.

From there it's pretty simple if you want to try it yourself~

27 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I already figured it out LOL

She's going to use Ike, jeroge (brave bow inherited), Nino, and Nowi 

She just needs to train Nowi up tomorrow (my friend is UK time so she's sleeping now)

The strategy is to let Nino tank the mages on the breakable block, Jeroge kills the green mage with hardy bearing, Nino steps back and kills Ephraim, while Nowi draws back Nino to safety

Ike repositions jeorge and is in range of the Dagger and Sword Guy.

From there it's pretty simple if you want to try it yourself~

I'll take your word for it. I think the merges I have on my Nino and Nowi are messing with enemy movements =P . I might have to see about building unmerged, no-inheritance versions of "good" units after "Operation: Death From Above, Arena Edition" is finished (only 100k feathers to go! ........ yeah it's going to be a while).

Edit: Just peeked at Maria's stat line...why is she that fast? O.o ... not gonna lie, my first instinct after that would have been to try putting something weird like Maria, Jeorge, [someone], [someone else] together =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I followed your link and there was also a 4* only (Gordin, 2 Olivia, Nino) clear without SI/seals/merges/support:

-snip-

Nino and Gordin aren't free units, but they are pretty common. 

With how Infernal maps are, 4* free units-only strategies are very limiting. Off the top of my head, Alm & Celica's BHB and Berkut, Clarisse, Legion, Lloyd, and Narcian's GHB have 4*-only or lower strategies. Granted, most of those maps have defensive tiles. Cecilia & Lilina and Eirika & Ephraim's BHBs and Valter's GHB do not with Valter's being a zerg rush with fliers map making it even more difficult since neither Gordin or Klein have been made free units.

Anyway, @Arcanite, what units does your friend even have? If she has all the free units so far, 5* Clive, 4* Donnel, Olivia, and Ursula might be the cheapest way to beat this map. Otherwise, maybe BH Lyn -- assuming she chose her or has one -- and 5* Camus will work with Berkut even though he's a blue and not a red like Eliwood.

Edit: Never mind.

Edited by Kaden

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, @Arcanite, what units does your friend even have? If she has all the free units so far, 5* Clive, 4* Donnel, Olivia, and Ursula might be the cheapest way to beat this map. Otherwise, maybe BH Lyn -- assuming she chose her or has one -- and 5* Camus will work with Berkut even though he's a blue and not a red like Eliwood.

A little too late there buddy ;P

She rerolled not too long ago so she doesn't have Ursula or all those other people anyway ha ha

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Edit: Just peeked at Maria's stat line...why is she that fast? O.o ... not gonna lie, my first instinct after that would have been to try putting something weird like Maria, Jeorge, [someone], [someone else] together =P .

Okay @Arcanite, I know you have your strategy already, but I couldn't resist putting together a clear based on Maria tanking the mages; the idea was too intriguing.

Team and requirements (yes, there are requirements, unfortunately) --

Spoiler

Nino:

• +Atk OR Atk-boosting inheritance
  • +3 buff OR +2 buff and Atk +1 seal
Spoiler

ZzbqzAT.png

Ignore the +10, it's unneeded.

Maria:

• Reach 34+ Spd. Achievable with neutral Spd 5* or some combination of Spurs and/or Seals (my first attempt was with a heavily merged Sealife Tome Summer Corrin).
Spoiler

rsGOF1z.png

Abel:

• Whatever spurs or buffs needed to get Maria and Nino to the buff/Spd requirements. I used Spur Spd 1 and the Fortify Res 1 seal, but with a 5* Maria any old Lv. 2 (or Lv. 1 Hone Atk) buff will do it.
  • Brave Lance and Swordbreaker (natural)
Spoiler

cPXNKzl.jpg

Merges not necessary. Quad-ing Eirika with +0 is perfectly fine for ORKOing her =P .

Ike:

• Vantage and Quickened Pulse.
  • Not -Atk, -Def, or -HP. That's a lot of restrictions, unfortunately, but...MARIA.
Spoiler

ASqEi1r.png

And the battle in pictures (& words):

Spoiler

T1: Nino breaks the wall. Maria enters enemy range. Abel moves in behind her. Ike does nothing.

Spoiler

eJtzN2Y.jpg

T1 EP: Blue mage attacks Maria. Other enemies advance.

Spoiler

mmaaXZK.jpg

T2: Ike moves diagonally up and left. Nino moves left one space. Maria moves down two spaces. Abel moves below her and Repositions her out of danger.

Spoiler

a26mIPM.jpg

T2 EP: Blue Mage rallies the Thief. The Thief attacks Ike, activating Vantage and charging Aether. The Sword Cav attacks and gets Vantage'd, and Ike heals enough to survive (neutral Atk heals 2 less and should survive with 2 HP). The Green Tome Cav attacks Ike and gets Vantage-OHKO'd (neutral Atk also achieves this). Ephraim and Eirika advance.

Spoiler

s1wA2DA.png

T3: Abel ORKO's Eirika from the right.

Spoiler

jC3WnP6.jpg

Nino ORKOs Ephraim from below.

Spoiler

LB7SpYl.jpg

Ike finishes the Sword Cav from the right.

Spoiler

VzNLF4X.jpg

Maria heals Nino for the heck of it.

Spoiler

QFKj3Fh.jpg

T3 EP: The Blue Mage rallies the Thief, who proceeds to suicide into Ike.

Spoiler

XdGr4RM.png

T4 and possibly 5: Finish the blue mage however you please. I used a combination of Ike and Abel.

Spoiler

ieXejIJ.jpg

Edited by LordFrigid
Messed up my turn count #s

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Okay @Arcanite, I know you have your strategy already, but I couldn't resist putting together a clear based on Maria tanking the mages; the idea was too intriguing.

Team and requirements (yes, there are requirements, unfortunately) --

Reveal hidden contents

Nino:

• +Atk OR Atk-boosting inheritance
  • +3 buff OR +2 buff and Atk +1 seal
  Reveal hidden contents

ZzbqzAT.png

Ignore the +10, it's unneeded.

Maria:

• Reach 34+ Spd. Achievable with neutral Spd 5* or some combination of Spurs and/or Seals (my first attempt was with a heavily merged Sealife Tome Summer Corrin).
  Reveal hidden contents

rsGOF1z.png

Abel:

• Whatever spurs or buffs needed to get Maria and Nino to the buff/Spd requirements. I used Spur Spd 1 and the Fortify Res 1 seal, but with a 5* Maria any old buff Lv. 2 (or Lv. 1 Hone Atk) buff will do it.
  • Brave Lance and Swordbreaker (natural)
  Reveal hidden contents

cPXNKzl.jpg

Merges not necessary. Quad-ing Eirika with +0 is perfectly fine for ORKOing her =P .

Ike:

• Vantage and Quickened Pulse.
  • Not -Atk, -Def, or -HP. That's a lot of restrictions, unfortunately, but...MARIA.
  Reveal hidden contents

ASqEi1r.png

And the battle in pictures (& words):

Reveal hidden contents

T1: Nino breaks the wall. Maria enters enemy range. Abel moves in behind her. Ike does nothing.

Reveal hidden contents

eJtzN2Y.jpg

T1 EP: Blue mage attacks Maria. Other enemies advance.

Reveal hidden contents

mmaaXZK.jpg

T2: Ike moves diagonally up and left. Nino moves left one space. Maria moves down two spaces. Abel moves below her and Repositions her out of danger.

Reveal hidden contents

a26mIPM.jpg

T2 EP: Blue Mage rallies the Thief. The Thief attacks Ike, activating Vantage and charging Aether. The Sword Cav attacks and gets Vantage'd, and Ike heals enough to survive (neutral Atk heals 2 less and should survive with 2 HP). The Green Tome Cav attacks Ike and gets Vantage-OHKO'd (neutral Atk also achieves this). Ephraim and Eirika advance.

Reveal hidden contents

s1wA2DA.png

T3: Abel ORKO's Eirika from the right.

Reveal hidden contents

jC3WnP6.jpg

Nino ORKOs Ephraim from below.

Reveal hidden contents

LB7SpYl.jpg

Ike finishes the Sword Cav from the right.

Reveal hidden contents

VzNLF4X.jpg

Maria heals Nino for the heck of it.

Reveal hidden contents

QFKj3Fh.jpg

T4: The Blue Mage rallies the Thief, who proceeds to suicide into Ike.

Reveal hidden contents

XdGr4RM.png

T5 and possibly 6: Finish the blue mage however you please. I used a combination of Ike and Abel.

Reveal hidden contents

ieXejIJ.jpg

I don't think my friend has an Abel, but this is pretty imaculate lol

From now on I'm asking you to make all my clears

Just now, Arcanite said:

I don't think my friend has an Abel, but this is pretty imaculate lol

From now on I'm asking you to make all my clears

Yeah, assuming Abel was a stretch, but it was easier than assuming merged Summer Corrin (even after the Hone Atk buff, she needs considerable Atk and Spd boosts to be able to ORKO Eirika, assuming neutral Atk and Spd, which requires inheritance and almost certainly merges).

Give me an interesting enough character pool to work with and I'm good to go.

• 3 months later...

Renais Twins BHB is being rerun!

The quests took me a few tries only because I was trying to clear all quests in a single run.

Used the following units on the Lunatic map:

5* Sharena: Reposition, Escutcheon, Swordbreaker 3 (ORKOs Eirika and the sword cavalier)
5* Anna: Reposition, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3 (finishes off Ephraim; tanks and ORKOs blue mage)
+Spd/-Res Deirdre: Draw Back, Glacies, Fury 3, HP +3 (baits and ORKOs green mage cavalier)
+HP/-Spd PA Shigure: Hone Atk 3, Spur Atk 1 (Sing+buffs support; lands the first blow on Ephraim, which puts Ephraim in KO range for Anna)

Edited by Roflolxp54

Hmm...Turns out a 3* Anna with only Darting Blow 1 can double Ephraim on Lunatic to kill him. Thought this would be harder but I overestimated this BHB.

I did everything with my Eirika, Tailtiu, PA!Olivia and Sharena/Anna. Took 2 runs to get everything.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So how about that Askr challenge again? Anna and Sharena reqs on Infernal, no Brave Bow, no Blade tome, no Reinhardt or Brave Lyn.

I'm putting it off until after Tempest, but I'm down. Gonna go a step further and do Infantry only as well.

58 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So how about that Askr challenge again? Anna and Sharena reqs on Infernal, no Brave Bow, no Blade tome, no Reinhardt or Brave Lyn.

Technically, we should up the challenge now to infantry only because of the infantry only quest because the original challenge was "all quests cleared on a single Infernal run" plus the unit and weapon restrictions.

So, that wasn't too bad, though I did bring Fae out to play because Myrrh isn't in this game yet.

+10 Fae [+Atk, -Def] (Lightning Breath+ [Def], Reposition, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Fortify Dragons, Distant Def 3)
+0 Sharena [=] (Fensalir, Rally Atk, Speed +3, Hone Def 3, Close Def 3)
+6 Lachesis [+Spd, -Def] (Absorb+, Physic+, Solid-Earth Balm, Spur Res 3, Atk Ploy 3)
+0 Anna [=] (Noatun, Astra, Vantage, Spur Res 3)

The usual imgur gallery with annotations: https://imgur.com/a/2OIvP.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Technically, we should up the challenge now to infantry only because of the infantry only quest because the original challenge was "all quests cleared on a single Infernal run" plus the unit and weapon restrictions.

Oh, really? I somehow missed that... I just did the quests with infantry anyway lol. It's kinda sad that Infantry are so vanilla and get no help now... Only Infantry Pulse ever came out. Maybe we'll get a Infantry Spectrum or something someday.

Damn dragons are ridiculous now. Do you still run your dragon core in Arena?

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Damn dragons are ridiculous now. Do you still run your dragon core in Arena?

Yep. There aren't really many teams that give me trouble these days. Bold Fighter Halloween Jakob and high-Res-melee teams boosted by Gunnthra are the only things that I actually have difficulty with.

I did it the lazy way and adapted the strategy I posted earlier on this page.

• 5* Sharena - Fensalir, Reposition, Moonbow, Fury 3, Swordbreaker 1, Hone Atk 3, Spur Spd 1 seal
  • 5* Anna - Nóatún, Reposition, Glacies, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Spur Spd 3
  • 5* Ike: Young Mercenary (+Atk/-Res)  - Ragnell, Reposition, Aether, Heavy Blade 3, Vantage 3, Hone Spd 3, Quickened Pulse seal
  • 4* Maria (+Def/-Atk) - Panic, Rehabilitate, Imbue, Live to Serve 1, Fortify Res 2, Squad Ace D 3 seal.

3 cheers for Maria!

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

For future reference, how would I refer to them? 

I’ve copy/pasted Nóatún in through the power of Google.

The accents themselves, or the words with accents in them? I'm mostly joking because the only words in English that natively have accents in them are either borrowed from another language that has accents (i.e. are not English) or have accents to indicate a specific intended pronunciation different from its normal pronunciation (e.g. past tense with "-èd" instead of "-ed" to indicate that the "e" is pronounced, seen most often in Shakespeare to preserve meter).

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The accents themselves, or the words with accents in them? I'm mostly joking because the only words in English that natively have accents in them are either borrowed from another language that has accents (i.e. are not English) or have accents to indicate a specific intended pronunciation different from its normal pronunciation (e.g. past tense with "-èd" instead of "-ed" to indicate that the "e" is pronounced, seen most often in Shakespeare to preserve meter).

The former...I just completely failed to identify that as a joke, somehow.

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

The former...I just completely failed to identify that as a joke, somehow.

I use Windows's Character Map program, which basically gives you every single displayable character in any given font. The program from a user interface perspective is complete garbage (which is to be expected because the UI hasn't changed at all since Windows 95), but it gets the job done.

I kept a printout of the extended ASCII table on the wall next to my desk for so long because of the crappiness of Character Map, ugh. These days in the age of multiple monitors and always-on Internet I just open an extra browser window instead though.

Edited by Humanoid

That was the easiest lunatic I've did. I remember I struggled a lot before.. But here.. I just cleared it in 3 turns with Cordelia, brave Ike, ayra and Fjorm. 

Edited by Metakirby