Fire Emblem Heroes: The Mafia Gacha: The Game Thread

Shinori

On 10/5/2017 at 8:34 PM, BBM said:

Bartozio's post today was baaaaaaad but ultimately his D1 was okay enough that I'm leaning town. I really don't think the mods would run with a scumteam of Bartozio and Michelaar (especially as the only person who's good enough to possibly balance out that scumteam is Prims and he was town). I also think that Michelaar's read on him where he complained about how Bartozio was also doing nothing doesn't seem like scum distancing. Feels more frustration that Bartozio was getting away with poor play and he wasn't. same with the post yelling about Bartozio being hypocritical. Bartozio's posts about how Michelaar was focusing more on defending himself than finding scum are good. In fact it wasn't a point I expected a new player to make, which is why I asked him how much mafia he'd played. I was wondering if someone was feeding him content, but scum A feeding scum B content to bus scum C seems kind of unlikely. Also I think that while bussing scum didn't ~need~ to unvote Michelaar to save him anymore since it looked like Pika was going to get lynched at that point, it probably would have been the safer move. His reads posts D1 were kind of meh and his play as a whole feels a bit lurky but he's new so I'm not going to harp on that too much.

my reason I don't think bartozio is scum; it's not just bartozio's reasoning for finding michelaar scum- michelaar's posts towards bartozio feel very passive aggressive and laced with frustration. read this post and this post and tell me if you think that's scum talking to/about scum

pika reasoning is admittedly weaker and I think I'd probably look at him being scum at the same time as Proto/Refa/junko (I realized I forgot about junko). my tiers of scum likelihood go elie > fk > proto/refa/pika/junko > gp/bartozio/mack

FK's D2 has been pretty bad though; a jump (albeit without a vote) on the Refa flashwagon and then getting off it when the tide against Refa turned, and then basically no scumhunting since then. I have a lot of townreads right now too but like... nothing? halfway through the phase?  and he was kind of tunneling last phase too, even when there were a lot less townreads; I don't think he pushed anybody except mack all phase; he spent most of it arguing with elie and then me.

honestly if it wasn't for the persuade thing I would probably be voting FK over Elie right now. cop should target FK imo. pretty sure that if elie flips scum we can break this with a massclaim next phase. 

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck there's so much rolespec I want to do that I wish I was a courier* so I could send it privately to marth

mods, next time you want to include a courier, have a networker instead, thanks

*I don't actually wish this

this is kind of a crack possibility but FK can you just vote someone, anyone? (me if you want) want to test idea of FK being persuader who can't vote if they use their ability

another thing I realized is that it's possible the scum persuader might not have realized that the mods would pause the phase and indirectly announce the persuade by posting new votals. maybe they just thought that an extra vote would go on and somebody might place an extra vote on Refa thinking he was at L-2 when he was actually at L-1

the third idea, related to the second one, and as crack as the first one, is that Junko is scum who can vote from his PM and also didn't realize it would get announced and was hoping someone would accidentally hammer

fourth idea is scum junko wanting excuse to not have to do anything with his vote

4 minutes ago, BBM said:

the third idea, related to the second one, and as crack as the first one, is that Junko is scum who can vote from his PM and also didn't realize it would get announced and was hoping someone would accidentally hammer

fourth idea is scum junko wanting excuse to not have to do anything with his vote

I don't think either of these are right since Junko attempted to change his vote, we haven't seen the results yet because their hasn't been a votal, but if he where faking he would have just dismissed or ignored the idea of changing his vote because it would immediately reveal his bluff

Think the persuader would have been anyone who posted around that time or you think it could be someone like Elison who didn't post around that time to make it look like they weren't there when it happened.

yeah I think it's easily possible the persuader avoided posting right after doing it if they hadn't posted already in the thread; certainly what I would have done

well with the last one I was thinking that scum purposely targeted junko with the persuade so that he couldn't vote and therefore didn't need to. all those ideas except the second one are pretty unlikely; I'm just theorizing ideas bc I really don't understand what scum were thinking  with the persuade

38 minutes ago, BBM said:

another thing I realized is that it's possible the scum persuader might not have realized that the mods would pause the phase and indirectly announce the persuade by posting new votals. maybe they just thought that an extra vote would go on and somebody might place an extra vote on Refa thinking he was at L-2 when he was actually at L-1

this is the most likely possibility imo, especially considering the timing.  most persuaders aren't announced afaik, so i could see scum just assuming that it wouldn't be.

it's assuming that the phase pause isn't in the role pm (if it was, then the persuade goes back to making no sense), but that still seems a lot more reasonable than the other possibilities.

8 hours ago, BBM said:

I'm quite sure that Boron purposely said he was a "sibling" to leave it unclear whether they were masons or neighbours, but come on with Marth's role existing there's no chance they were masons. Three confirmed townies in a 13p game would be so borked that the rest of the town could be vanilla and it would still be a townsided setup. I also asked Boron and she said she couldn't be more specific.

not that both neighbours can't be town, but there's no way they're ~confirmed~ town

@refa- this elie/FK scumteam actually makes a lot of sense. Elie contriving a reason to vote him and then FK having a weird "finger of unusualness" on him but refusing to commit to any kind of scumread on him despite elieson's case on him getting progressively worse could easily be a staged slapfight. it also would be a good explanation for why FK was randomly like "ok let's stop now" while arguing with Elie but refused to stop arguing with me

Fair enough, although I don't get why she didn't just call them neighbors then.

I'd sheep that.

3 hours ago, Junk said:

one weird thing I notice is that proto I think has said twice now that he "finds refa scummier" but then votes for elie anyway because "he's not active, what could this be"? which seems pretty flimsy especially since i'm pretty sure some still prefer refa.  I do like Marth's point about Proto's case on refa. I get that feeling he's just sorta going with the flow? This probably only matters with flips though >_>

I legitimately don't get why Proto voted Elie over me just because he was absent.  

I'm going to bed, so don't expect any updates on the game until I'm awake. Sorry about not getting votals done today, I'd do them now but I'd probably fuck up horribly.

Oh, yeah, I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but I don't want to push my Refa case too hard because I've been scumreading him in tons of past games and I was wrong in almost all of them. So basically, normal Refa townplay is scummy to me, so I don't trust my own perception with respect to Refa.

And I do still want Elieson to talk.

Welp, I need to go right now and Elieson isn't talking, so I guess I'll attempt to avenge my imouto.

Elieson, I'll take you down! Dire Thunder!

FYI my role PM states that my imouto is town-aligned, so I would think that Prims' role PM would say the same about me. I'm not sure why the cardflip is ambiguous about it.

Proto steps forward and strikes down Elie for his lack of answers.

Elie has died he was:

Dear Elieson, you are Amelia, the Rose of War.

The elusive armor waifu, the holder of the slaying axe, the user of armor march, the Black Knight's true form under his helmet. You are Amelia, the unit many people are after but can't have, having only been on one banner and being the dreaded color of green. Poor Shinori still can't find you.

Each night, you may respond to your role PM with "I will become your shield, <USER>." You will stand guard over <USER> during the night, stopping anyone from interfering or visiting <USER>. However, if someone were to want to kill your target, they would probably be too strong for you. In short, you are the safeguard.

You are aligned with Askr. You win when all enemies of Askr have been eliminated.

Day 2 still continues, There is 1 day and 8 hours remaining in this day phase.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20171008T16&p0=3704&msg=Day+2+end+time.&font=cursive&csz=1

Votals:

Votals
Refa (2): Green Poet, Bartozio
pika_pika42 (1): Magnificence Incarnate

Not voting: everyone else

If there are any errors PLEASE say something.

>Green being a dreaded color

I still need a ton of Gunters, so I really don't mind pulling green...

But back to mafia. If my eyes are not mistaken, Junko's vote on Refa dissapeaered after his unvote (he voted Elieson after that, I'm guessing we would have seen it there if he hadn't died), so that means the whole vote lock from a persuade was a lie. @Shinori just to be sure, was this an error, or did his vote change really work?

I'd have rather seen Elieson get a chance to speak before being killed, but since most people were suspecting him (me among them, I just found Refa more suspicious), I can't really blame proto for this.

I'll analyze things more when the votals get confirmed to be true, since that seems pretty important. This is turning out to be quite the eventful day though...

On 10/5/2017 at 12:49 AM, Shinori said:

Votals

Michelaar (5): Oboro-garasu, Green Poet, Bartozio, Junk, BBM
pika_pika42 (4): Magnificence Incarnate, Prims, MichelaarRefa
Faerie Knight (1): Elieson
Green Poet (1): Refa
Mackc2 (1): Faerie Knight
Elieson (1): Mackc2

Not voting (1): pika_pika

ugh this is headache inducing, does this mean Oboro is town, or is reinhardt mafia, a dayvig mafia seems kind of OP so I would think town and Ellie was actually town 

Votals:
Refa (3): Green Poet, Bartozio, Junko

Not voting: everyone else

This should be accurate votals.

If there is any other problem please let me know.  If you are voting someone and aren't on this list just let me know.

Edited by Shinori