Soren =o

Yeah, I don't really like Soren's know-it-all aspect. Unless he's telling off someone I don't like. Still, it'd be quite epic seeing Soren and Bastian talk...

"Welcome to the world of yesteryear!"

"Quit raping the English language."

Also, I hope Princess Kilvas doesn't mind that I sent her a fic where the Black Knight rapes Soren. Literally.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then again, if you remove the know-it-all-ness of soren, what are you left with?

an emo kid who hates the world except the one guy who ever smiled at him

*shivers*

its the knowitallness that makes Soren Soren, if you get what i mean, and i like him because of it!

<3

he could do with a change in wardrobe though.

Yeah, I don't really like Soren's know-it-all aspect. Unless he's telling off someone I don't like. Still, it'd be quite epic seeing Soren and Bastian talk...

"Welcome to the world of yesteryear!"

"Quit raping the English language."

*rofl* Wow! Really epic! With this example I really wanna see Soren ans Bastian talk

Also, I hope Princess Kilvas doesn't mind that I sent her a fic where the Black Knight rapes Soren. Literally.

*gapes* ....what?! WHAT?! ._. ...send me the link, plz? :blink:

then again, if you remove the know-it-all-ness of soren, what are you left with?

an emo kid who hates the world except the one guy who ever smiled at him

*shivers*

its the knowitallness that makes Soren Soren, if you get what i mean, and i like him because of it!

<3

he could do with a change in wardrobe though.

Oh I rather like his robe wardrobe...but I totally agree. Though his know-it-all is annoying sometimes it makes Soren Soren. And those who love him (MEH~) will learn to accept that, too ♥

Impossible to hit with Ike A supports, solos half of every map in Chapter 17 and beyond (even some before) with just Wind tomes, crazy activation with Adept, maxed stats of Speed, Luck, Skill, Magic, and Resistance, a violet bathrobe, vantage really lets him murder everything in sight, the best damn healer in the game, allows others to kill while he heals, adorable little one sided crush on Ike that he outgrows eventually, the fact that his Shinon conversations are second to none-- Well I don't know why I use him so much, I guess I'm bias.

Impossible to hit with Ike A supports, solos half of every map in Chapter 17 and beyond (even some before) with just Wind tomes, crazy activation with Adept, maxed stats of Speed, Luck, Skill, Magic, and Resistance, a violet bathrobe, vantage really lets him murder everything in sight, the best damn healer in the game, allows others to kill while he heals, adorable little one sided crush on Ike that he outgrows eventually, the fact that his Shinon conversations are second to none-- Well I don't know why I use him so much, I guess I'm bias.

Haha, so much enthusiasm to use Soren! My Soren isn't as good as you described but that is probably because I failed to get a Soren-Ike-A-Support (I failed to notice that everyone only can have 5 conversations in total... o.O)...just to begin with my failures. Oh well, I like his dark violet bathrobe, too! And all his conversations are somehow funny! ...because Soren is just Soren~

Thanks again, Thingy Person! ...^^;

the best damn healer in the game

Only if you use Reyson to give him his turns back (so he can get the hell out of danger.)

Otherwise you risk him being screwed up by Ashnard (really only a problem in Hard Mode or Maniac Mode.)

Except on that level I agree with you.

It seems I'm one of the few people who dislikes Soren. I never could abide emo kids like him. That, of course, doesn't affect how well he performs on the battlefield. He's a good Sage, though not as good as many seem to think.

Only if you use Reyson to give him his turns back (so he can get the hell out of danger.)

Otherwise you risk him being screwed up by Ashnard (really only a problem in Hard Mode or Maniac Mode.)

Except on that level I agree with you.

Which is in the final chapter, where not just Soren, but EVERYONE needs to get out of the way. =D Ashnard still has a tough time hitting him, though.

Mist's horse and higher staff level say otherwise. Same with Rhys, only minus the horse.

Rhys' use drops to heal only (horrible speed...), which is quickly taken over by (sage)/Mist, who only caps magic at 26. But I'm strictly saying 'healer' as in able to heal, able to dodge, able to take care of himself.

Mist will easily reach S rank on staves, but after Soren's done with leveling up he backs down and heals. A lot. He'll quickly reach B in staves (which is all he needs).

Now if we're talking distance, the battle field isn't that big, and Soren will be at the front lines taking in his support bonus with Ike, while unfortunately for Mist, Boyd is also at front lines, she can be with him, but horseback does neither good nor bad to her. I guess long distance healing, but she kind of hinders battle some... After the Burger King fight, I stop using Mist :X she is 20/20 when I stop.

Edited by Azel

Rhys' use drops to heal only (horrible speed...), which is quickly taken over by (sage)/Mist, who only caps magic at 26. But I'm strictly saying 'healer' as in able to heal, able to dodge, able to take care of himself.

Mist will easily reach S rank on staves, but after Soren's done with leveling up he backs down and heals. A lot. He'll quickly reach B in staves (which is all he needs).

Now if we're talking distance, the battle field isn't that big, and Soren will be at the front lines taking in his support bonus with Ike, while unfortunately for Mist, Boyd is also at front lines, she can be with him, but horseback does neither good nor bad to her. I guess long distance healing, but she kind of hinders battle some... After the Burger King fight, I stop using Mist :X she is 20/20 when I stop.

By the time Soren can use staves, staves aren't even needed as much because characters are dodging more often and taking less damage. By the time he canuse any better than Mend, staves really aren't needed as much. Rhys and Mist have been healing a lot longer and are using better staves. They're also healing more often since Soren is more of an offensive type than the other two.

I lol'd, literally.

By the time Soren can use staves, staves aren't even needed as much because characters are dodging more often and taking less damage. By the time he canuse any better than Mend, staves really aren't needed as much.
Sure, but later on I like to play a little more reckless and make good use of all the Physics I steal. :) Edited by YokaiKnight

It seems I'm one of the few people who dislikes Soren. I never could abide emo kids like him. That, of course, doesn't affect how well he performs on the battlefield. He's a good Sage, though not as good as many seem to think.

I'm in the same boat. I like him as a unit but I wouldn't say he's one of the best. He gets more playtime than most of the other sages but the others could be just as good as him if given a chance.

By the time Soren can use staves, staves aren't even needed as much because characters are dodging more often and taking less damage. By the time he canuse any better than Mend, staves really aren't needed as much. Rhys and Mist have been healing a lot longer and are using better staves. They're also healing more often since Soren is more of an offensive type than the other two.

Rhys and Mist are taking up space on the battle field in all honesty's sake, and all Soren REALLY needs is Heal (but Physics are fun), and Soren's just a beast against the enemy, so anyone who already hasn't promoted or is 20/20, Soren spends his time healing them on Player's Turn and killing everything in his range during Enemy's Turn.

And I did say I was bias towards Soren so he kind of promotes in chapter 11~2.

Them having healed people for a longer time does not affect Soren's ability to heal.

I'm not saying that Soren > Rhys and Mist (because it's exactly the other way around) though.

Them having healed people for a longer time does not affect Soren's ability to heal.

I'm not saying that Soren > Rhys and Mist (because it's exactly the other way around) though.

You're right, though I really meant that it's better because they have higher staff levels. Not that it means too much, but the advantage exists.

You're right, though I really meant that it's better because they have higher staff levels. Not that it means too much, but the advantage exists.

True. It's always an advantage. Soren needs less than 50 heals and mends combined to reach C for sexy Physics, though, so it indeed is not much of an advantage.

IMO, Physic is a staff meant for healers who were too weak to head to the front lines to heal. Soren hardly needs it but he is sexier with it.

I didn't say he replaced the other healers though.

Strange Lands? He'll have C by then.

The advantage is not that great, Soren's magic cap is still 30 > Mist(dropped eventually for more fighters taking less hits, less need for healers)/Rhys (Rhys has horrible speed; dropped for Mist eventually.)

Ability to use higher staffs is hardly an advantage since C is all you need at absolute most.

IMO, Physic is a staff meant for healers who were too weak to head to the front lines to heal. Soren hardly needs it but he is sexier with it.

I didn't say he replaced the other healers though.

Strange Lands? He'll have C by then.

The advantage is not that great, Soren's magic cap is still 30 > Mist(dropped eventually for more fighters taking less hits, less need for healers)/Rhys (Rhys has horrible speed; dropped for Mist eventually.)

Ability to use higher staffs is hardly an advantage since C is all you need at absolute most.

Physic is for when a unit is on the other side of the map.

And don't forget Silence, Sleep, Rescue, Recover, Fortify, and Ashera staff. They're all great for getting quick experience and can occasionally help in battle.

Physic is for when a unit is on the other side of the map.

And don't forget Silence, Sleep, Rescue, Recover, Fortify, and Ashera staff. They're all great for getting quick experience and can occasionally help in battle.

Healer. I said healer.

Best damn healer in the game. A 20/20 Soren who already has sexy C in staves, has no need for further experience, a Lolashera staff, or other barely usable staffs. Yes, I said barely usable staffs.

Sleep? Silence? Recover?

You want a staff user, then specialize someone you'll use as one.

As for Fortify, why are so many people taking a concentrated hit?

Healer. I said healer.

Best damn healer in the game. A 20/20 Soren who already has sexy C in staves, has no need for further experience, a Lolashera staff, or other barely usable staffs. Yes, I said barely usable staffs.

Sleep? Silence? Recover?

You want a staff user, then specialize someone you'll use as one.

As for Fortify, why are so many people taking a concentrated hit?

Sorry about that. I accidentally went from healer to staff user. But in any case, a level 20/20 Soren isn't likely doing much healing anyway since it means you're at the end of the game. And him being the best healer is still arguable. It depends on what you value more: Mist's +2 movement, or Soren's higher magic.

Sorry about that. I accidentally went from healer to staff user. But in any case, a level 20/20 Soren isn't likely doing much healing anyway since it means you're at the end of the game. And him being the best healer is still arguable. It depends on what you value more: Mist's +2 movement, or Soren's higher magic.

I think what she means is Soren with Physic Staff = Best Healer.

If you can use Physic already, I hardly think -2 movements as a problem.

Anyway, Mist’s magic caps at 26, while Soren’s at 30.

With Physic’s range is 1~M/2, that’s mean Soren’s range has larger than Mist’s by 2 blocks.

Sure that it can be redeemed with Mist’s movement, which is also 2 blocks more than Soren’s.

So you might think they are equals, because their ranges are practically the same.

BUT, once again, Soren has more magic than Mist, which means that Soren can heal more than Mist. (Before you say it’s only 4 HP difference, the point is Soren heals more than Mist. There.)

With Physic’s range is 1~M/2, that’s mean Soren’s range has larger than Mist’s by 2 blocks.

Sure that it can be redeemed with Mist’s movement, which is also 2 blocks more than Soren’s.

So you might think they are equals, because their ranges are practically the same.

BUT, once again, Soren has more magic than Mist, which means that Soren can heal more than Mist. (Before you say it’s only 4 HP difference, the point is Soren heals more than Mist. There.)

I could write another counter-argument, but it would be rather pointless. I just have a personal dislike of Soren, which is probably why I started this up in the first place.

I'd still stay the heal&run/fight/whatever is worth more than the 4 HP, though.

Dunno, but ever since I came here I have the feeling of finding more people who DISLIKE Soren...and come here to prove their point. Nothing wrong with that but lately more Soren-disliker come here...^^;

Edited by Celestie