Soren =o

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Soren's independence relies on Ike... Geeze, Soren, why do you have to be so frustrating? <3

Pretty ironic, isn't it? Oh my, troublesome boy we can't stop to be amazed of. ♥

Poor Soren, stuck in puberty.

At least Soren's not like the hormon-driven guys. Not obviously at least. Thingy Person, you changes your username! ._.

Edited by Celestie

Maybe it's because he's a branded and that also slows down his mental age? Am I making sense here?

B, but Andrews finally out grew her attachment! Soren should do the same...

Soren went through a harder time than Adrian did. Adrian only lost a friend by *spoiler* (play the game), but Soren had his childhood ruined being mistreated by everyone around him.

Not really. She is still depending on Franshiska. But enough of that. As stated already Soren should do the same.

Soren is a bishounen character which is obvious where his role lies...to be Ikes "interest" even though hes a dude...After playing PoR, one can know that Soren likes boys..well just Ike really..he seems to hate everyone else..

Soren is a bishounen character which is obvious where his role lies...to be Ikes "interest" even though hes a dude...After playing PoR, one can know that Soren likes boys..well just Ike really..he seems to hate everyone else..

The whole IkeXSoren thing is scary, and it gave me nightmares. I'm surprised NoA even let those parts in the game ha ha. :)

The whole IkeXSoren thing is scary, and it gave me nightmares. I'm surprised NoA even let those parts in the game ha ha. :)

LOL! yeah...i hear ya..I personally think Soren is too adorable to be leaning in that direction but thats just me..but its so painfully obvious that im sure many younger players had the same nightmares..

There is no inexplicable awkwardness concerning Ike and Soren (there is awkwardness, but all of it has a logical explanation). Even if it was hinted at, it'd be only a jab or to put you on the wrong track. It doesn't hold any ground in the games, at all.

Replace Ike with Soren and remove "Bishounen" and I'd agree with you.

Sure, the thing between them is food for fangirls, but there is no actual proof there's romance or whatever. We don't know if Soren likes Ike that way. Ike is the centre of his world, but /if/ it is love I it's probably platonic. And Ike... if you ask me Ike is asexual.

BTW Ike and Soren weren't the first. Raven and Lucius made quite a name for themselves as well.

Not really. She is still depending on Franshiska. But enough of that.

...yeah, but less unhealthy than before. Okay, I stop now XD

Nah, he's more like a teenage girl who's obsessed with her boyfriend :P

Hm, might hit the spot... but if we stop seeing Soren as any teenage person (whether boy or girl), no matter how true it is that he is stuck in teen age mentally, he might as well only be an annoyingly over-protective brother. It's not like FE never hinted incest-like things.

In a romantic-and-more-way, yes it is scary. But only such things, with slight hints capture a wide range of fans. Those who don't want to see anything there won't and thsoe who want to see more there, will do it on their own with enough fantasy.

Sure, the thing between them is food for fangirls, but there is no actual proof there's romance or whatever. We don't know if Soren likes Ike that way. Ike is the centre of his world, but /if/ it is love I it's probably platonic. And Ike... if you ask me Ike is asexual.

My words exactly. Since Ike never seems interested in any other girl or boy and sees Soren as sort of family member everyone can argue at this point, it doesn't really matter, more than a platonic relationship isn't there. It just differs in how deep that platonic relationship is running. :D

BTW Ike and Soren weren't the first. Raven and Lucius made quite a name for themselves as well.

Since Lucius is REALLY easily mistaken as girl, and the support between Raven and Lucius hints even more than Ike's and Soren's....(or talking about Lucius in general, his support with Karel already hints a bit more, too...). Oh well...

Edited by Celestie

Ike and Soren were the first with a lot of controversy because of all the face time the 'pair' had. (Ike being a 'lord' and all.)

Soren is stuck in some adolescent's mind, he could 'like' Ike like that, or he might just genuinely think of him as the only possible friend he'll ever have. (Thus the obsession with everything he does HAS to be in Ike's favor.)

Ike might know this, Ike might not, he would rather leave Soren to grow up on his own without hindering him any longer.

Ike is very much Asexual.

Raven/Lucius. Eh. Really very eh.

In my view, IkexSoren is overruled because a Nintendo-published game would never ever contain honest serious gay fiction XD (although I've said this before)

If, for example, their A support were to have a romantic context, that'd be way more serious and conclusive than RavenLucius (unless I'm missing something).

And what does "Platonic" mean? The dictionairy failed me by giving me a literal translation ._.

It always seemed to me that Soren loved Ike like a father/son.

I don't think Ike loved Soren in the same way, though,

since Ike had been brainwashed to forget that day before his mom died...

Ike didn't know anything beforehand other than ever meeting Soren. I don't think that effected much.

I think that Ike and Soren are just really close friends, kinda like best friends. I think Soren clings on to Ike cause he's the only person that he trusts and if he went off on his own, he'd probably feel like the same things would happen to him that they did during his childhood. Soren probably thinks of Ike as his protector or something. Ike's not ready to get into any kind of relationship. The whole thing was blown way out of proportion.

I think that Ike and Soren are just really close friends, kinda like best friends. I think Soren clings on to Ike cause he's the only person that he trusts and if he went off on his own, he'd probably feel like the same things would happen to him that they did during his childhood. Soren probably thinks of Ike as his protector or something. Ike's not ready to get into any kind of relationship. The whole thing was blown way out of proportion.

More like parental/guardian figure that happen to get along really well, kind of friends.

A parental love, I guess. Kinda like a double edged sword, because their roles kind of switch between PoR and RD.

(Soren, the worried mother in PoR; Ike... is Ike in RD)

Ike didn't know anything beforehand other than ever meeting Soren. I don't think that effected much.

That's true. It only set their meeting back in time. That Ike still cares for Soren like that without remembering how Soren was at their first meeting makes it even better, actually. Family love, with Soren being the overly-worried mother + over-protective father figure (sorta) And Ike being Ike and guardian all the same to Soren...*laughs* But I don't know much of RD yet.

They look after eachother and that is what I like about their... whatever it is. I kinda doubt the mercenaries, or Ike, would have made it this far without Soren help. Soren also tries to make sure doesn't lose himself in idealism, always remaining practical and logical. Ike tries to make it clear to Soren that his existance is not a sin against the goddess and there are other people he can trust and rely on. They cover eachother weaknesses.

They look after eachother and that is what I like about their... whatever it is. I kinda doubt the mercenaries, or Ike, would have made it this far without Soren help. Soren also tries to make sure doesn't lose himself in idealism, always remaining practical and logical. Ike tries to make it clear to Soren that his existance is not a sin against the goddess and there are other people he can trust and rely on. They cover eachother weaknesses.

They complement one another. With those two, it's really...well, amazing. And we fans love it^^

Happy new year, anyone?