Soren =o

No, not everyone is mediocre until promotion. Ike is pretty good. Zihark is rather good. Oscar and Boyd are massive win. Rhys and Mist are pretty good as well due to their healing utility...

No, not everyone is mediocre, and I'm sure I've missed out on a few characters who are better than mediocre before promotion.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike is a main character. Lord units have different standards than regular people.

Oscar is god-awful until promotion. Titania has better stats than he has at 20/-- on average, plus she has better gains.

Boyd, okay, Boyd is pretty good. Zihark's not bad either.

Utility characters don't count because they are utility characters.

Ike is a main character. Lord units have different standards than regular people.

Oscar is god-awful until promotion. Titania has better stats than he has at 20/-- on average, plus she has better gains.

Boyd, okay, Boyd is pretty good. Zihark's not bad either.

Utility characters don't count because they are utility characters.

So? He's good, and that's what matters.

God-awful? Lolwut? He's one- or two-rounding everything, has pwnsome durability due to supports and has massive movement.

Also, 20/20 Oscar > 20/20 Titania, mainly due to supports and generally better stats.

Lol at that last comment. Why would they not count? Because they're utility characters? That deserves a huge lol. Of course they count. They're playable characters, just like Ike, Zihark, Boyd, Titania, Mordecai, etc. And they're great.

Examples please? I dislike Soren and I'm not exactly a fan of Hector or Nolan. I tend to like the lesser units, like Astrid and Ilyana.

Priscilla?

I don't have a really high opinion of Soren, but that's because of all the fandom saying him and Ike are gay for each other. He is the best Mage though, no lie there. He has great availability and turns out great too.

So? He's good, and that's what matters.

God-awful? Lolwut? He's one- or two-rounding everything, has pwnsome durability due to supports and has massive movement.

Also, 20/20 Oscar > 20/20 Titania, mainly due to supports and generally better stats.

Lol at that last comment. Why would they not count? Because they're utility characters? That deserves a huge lol. Of course they count. They're playable characters, just like Ike, Zihark, Boyd, Titania, Mordecai, etc. And they're great.

I've never had Oscar turn out worth my time in FE9. Even with average stats, he's not very good unless you overuse him (but then again, you can say that about anyone in FE9 or 10). Unless you get him a massive level lead on Kieran before he joins, Kieran is better by a long shot. Actually, you can say that about every paladin except maybe Geoffrey.

Earth affinity is non-essential, and one of my least favorite support types. I don't value avoid, especially in a game where enemies are so weak that your guys with higher defenses never take more than 2 or 3 damage against even boss units.

Also 20/20 Oscar vs. --/20 Titania happens within the last 3 stages of any given playthrough, and his lead on her is very minute. Oscar just doesn't fit my playstyle at all.

And utility characters don't count because they can have shit stats and still be good units. That's why they don't count as being good or bad before promotion. It's the class being useful, not necessarily that unit. Case in point, both thieves.

Soren, just like the rest of the Telleus mages, is pretty much overrated. He's by no means bad, but the Good Lord knows he's overhyped. Best mage in this game, most likely. Best character in this game, definately not. I'll take a weapon user in this game anyday.

I've never had Oscar turn out worth my time in FE9. Even with average stats, he's not very good unless you overuse him (but then again, you can say that about anyone in FE9 or 10). Unless you get him a massive level lead on Kieran before he joins, Kieran is better by a long shot. Actually, you can say that about every paladin except maybe Geoffrey.

Earth affinity is non-essential, and one of my least favorite support types. I don't value avoid, especially in a game where enemies are so weak that your guys with higher defenses never take more than 2 or 3 damage against even boss units.

Also 20/20 Oscar vs. --/20 Titania happens within the last 3 stages of any given playthrough, and his lead on her is very minute. Oscar just doesn't fit my playstyle at all.

And utility characters don't count because they can have shit stats and still be good units. That's why they don't count as being good or bad before promotion. It's the class being useful, not necessarily that unit. Case in point, both thieves.

Look at the averages again please. Then note that by Chapter 15, IkexOscar A support occurs and Oscar will be around 70+%. Also note that Oscar has a level lead on most unpromoted characters. He contends with Titania for best character easily. Kieran only beats Oscar a bit after promotion, when all the Paladins are invincible as-is.

Enemies in this game have a lot of Hit. EarthxEarth gives 10% Avoid at each support level, making the supportees nearly invincible supported.

Meh...

Except Sothe and Volke aren't that great regardless, even with Theif utility. Other Theives and Healers have good stats, such as Matthew of FE7, and Rhys and Mist in this game. They count as standard characters.

You can't make logical arguments against them, Klingy.

Try to debate against "us" with your own personal preferences (which I find flawed) all you want, but can you stop making this kind of comment every time someone from the debating circle steps into the ring? It's pretty damn weak when we could just say the same kind of thing about you, especially since you never seem to back it up properly (or if you do, you stop replying after an exchange of two posts or something).

Edited by Mekkah

Priscilla?

I don't have a really high opinion of Soren, but that's because of all the fandom saying him and Ike are gay for each other. He is the best Mage though, no lie there. He has great availability and turns out great too.

You took the words right out of my head. The whole Ike for Soren fan boy thing does creep me out too, and most people on Youtube have Ike and Soren tributes ew.

Boyd isn't all that great until after promotion.

After weighing in the vast amount of suck he carries the first 5 levels, anyway.

He has the second-best offense early game due to good AS by level 4 and Axes. Boyd's one of the best unpromoted characters for a while because his offense is just epic. :o

He has the second-best offense early game due to good AS by level 4 and Axes. Boyd's one of the best unpromoted characters for a while because his offense is just epic. :o

Eh. More like level 6-7 because he's running around 5 AS at level 4, which is by no means good. Which is why I said 5 levels. After 5 levels, he runs about 8, and it does okay from there.

Massive amounts of suck was just to draw attention to it. He's certainly not awful, but it detracts a lot more from his early game than anyone is willing to admit.

At level 4, he can get 2 strength points and 2 speed points. He'll probably only get one of either. But if he doesn't get that one point then he's not making out. Level 5 is a maybe, but I'll stick to my 5 level diagnostic. Which really isn't all that bad, all things considered. Of course, he struggles those first few levels and most characters who are 'mediocre before promotion' actually pick up by level 15 anyway.

I have some strong feeling this has had a topic very similar to it :mellow:

I'm just curious... Why does everyone like Soren so much?

I know why I like him, but I wanna see how others feel compared to me.

So, huh? huh? huh?

He's just.....awesome.

I love his personality, looks, good stats, uses magic wind is my fave element. XD He`s an awesome unit. I'm just drawn to him. And he has adept. =P

And I DESPISE the IkeXSoren thing...>_<

Edited by Princess Kilvas

At level 4, he can get 2 strength points and 2 speed points. He'll probably only get one of either. But if he doesn't get that one point then he's not making out. Level 5 is a maybe, but I'll stick to my 5 level diagnostic. Which really isn't all that bad, all things considered. Of course, he struggles those first few levels and most characters who are 'mediocre before promotion' actually pick up by level 15 anyway.

Level 4 Boyd has 8 Str and 7 Spd, giving him 5 AS, which means he can easily double all those axe guys.

Oh, and he doesn't lose AS anymore from as early on as level 7, and that's when his true rape starts.