October 30 - Halloween Banner

Coolmanio

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Henry giving players the chance to test-drive Veronica's Elvargar's tome effect... that also works on enemy phase. Jakob's bow has a similar effect and also works on enemy phase. For reference, Veronica's tome's effect only works if the user initiates combat.

Nowi's tome passive effect is ER3, which would be a powercreep of Anna's Noatun if it weren't for the fact that they're on different weapon and movement types.

Sakura will definitely be targeted by Felicia fans because of her weapon being super effective against tome users. Sakura, [you've] got trouble!

Veronicas debuffs last longer than just one action. Anyway, she got mildly powercreeped before even being available for the players. 

Nowis tome effect is more like Flier Formation 2 but without the movement type restriction. 

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Sakura is 100% adorable (Bridelia tier artwork here), I'm a bit skeptical of her usefulness. Daggers, in general, are pretty rubbish weapons with Kagero and Felicia being the only ones people ever used and I rarely see them these days. So, looking at Sakura's kit, her weapon does effective damage vs mages but is that really a good thing? Sure, she's better against horse mages (common), but mage armors and fliers aren't so common (well they will be for a while after this banner). Compare this to the Poison Dagger that deals effective damage to all infantry including infantry mages which are the most common kind of mages. Sure, Sakura's weapon has more atk, but I feel like it's just going to be situationally useful against horse mages. Then there is her A skill. Warding Stance looks good at first but it's really just a poor man's Distant Defense. She would appreciate taking less damage from bows/daggers more than reduced damage from manaketes. Guard is a good skill and will let her tank QP Moonbow Reinhardt but it also prevents her from running CA (which she would need to slay TA Raven users).

I still want her, if only because of that S+ tier artwork, but I think dagger users still don't have an effective role in this game. Disregarding her default hit, Polivia is probably the worst dancer because she isn't able to take advantage of the weapon triangle.

Edited by NekoKnight

1 minute ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

So is Jakob an.... armor knight? He has an armor knight only skill.... but nothing about his design resembles an armor knight in my opinion.

He has a chain around his feet, attached to a heavy ball, if i'm not mistaken.

40 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

>nowi's outfit

We /fgo/ now, I guess

She's just moved her cover from her legs to her arms.  She's just as covered as before, if not more so.  This isn't a Dangerous Beast.

I'm not really sure if I want to roll or not.  I'd really like a flying mage for Flier Emblem, but my flying team is so underwhelming it probably isn't worth it.  Only have Elincia as anything noteworthy, along with a 4-star no SI neutral Cordellia.  And no hone/fortify, so couldn't even really give a flying mage a Blade tome or anything.  Don't really like Henry outside of his support with Sumia, so don't really want him (plus, another green armor unit?  At least he isn't red again I guess).  Staying clear of colorless too.

Guess unless Nowi ends up broken, I'll probably pass.

12 minutes ago, GinRei said:

[...], but my flying team is so underwhelming it probably isn't worth it.  Only have Elincia as anything noteworthy, along with a 4-star no SI neutral Cordellia.  And no hone/fortify, so couldn't even really give a flying mage a Blade tome or anything.  [...]

Don't you have a Cherche? Together with Elincia and Cordelia you would have already three of the best melee Fliers available. TD!Nowi comes with Hone Fliers, just pull two of her. ;-) 

So I calIed Henry and Nowi being on this banner and they seem like the best units to pull. Even better is Sakura's inclusion with Halloween being the best season to feature her, and Im glad she wasn't shunned in favor of gaius/asugi. Although I'm disappointed that jakob shares her color since I dont care for him and I bamboozled myself by getting hyped up to believe little witch fae was a possibility. Oh well Good luck everyone

Edited by MisfitMiju

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Am I the only one who likes Nowi's art? Man, my bias is really showing if that's the case...

I actually like Nowi's art too. Nowi was the first character i S-Supported in Awakening (i was 13 at the time) so i'm glad to see her represented in this Halloween Banner (even though i probably won't get her). Nowi's witch outfit legit reminded me of Akko from Little Witch Academia, if Akko had blonde hair and had more revealing clothing. And anything that reminds me of Little Witch Academia can only mean good things.

Sakura is really cute in this. As for the others... Henry is tempting. What a troll move to add him as an armoured mage right after Arvis debuts as a normal one. And then there's Nowi... will there ever be an unembarrassing flying mage?

Oh, I missed that Jakob is armoured too. Well that's interesting but I don't think it's worth rolling for.

Edited by Book Bro

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this banner, but three new unit types was certainly a surprise...and not necessarily a welcome one.  I get that they make more money this way and thus I shouldn't be surprised, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing that the new toys won't be added to the normal summoning pool after the banner is done.  Save us Aversa, Xavier, and Reptor/Blume/Gen2!Arvis!

Despite not liking her character that much, Nowi is probably the one I'd most like to pull given my flier bias. 

Sakura and Nowi (that home fliers) look nice, I think Jakob would look better as Frankenstein's monster(a bow armor unit for the first time). Henry is interesting wondering that stat spread on him. I'll try to summon Nowi or Herny in this banner.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

While Sakura is 100% adorable (Bridelia tier artwork here), I'm a bit skeptical of her usefulness. Daggers, in general, are pretty rubbish weapons with Kagero and Felicia being the only ones people ever used and I rarely see them these days. So, looking at Sakura's kit, her weapon does effective damage vs mages but is that really a good thing? Sure, she's better against horse mages (common), but mage armors and fliers aren't so common (well they will be for a while after this banner). Compare this to the Poison Dagger that deals effective damage to all infantry including infantry mages which are the most common kind of mages. Sure, Sakura's weapon has more atk, but I feel like it's just going to be situationally useful against horse mages. Then there is her A skill. Warding Stance looks good at first but it's really just a poor man's Distant Defense. She would appreciate taking less damage from bows/daggers more than reduced damage from manaketes. Guard is a good skill and will let her tank QP Moonbow Reinhardt but it also prevents her from running CA (which she would need to slay TA Raven users).

I still want her, if only because of that S+ tier artwork, but I think dagger users still don't have an effective role in this game. Disregarding her default hit, Polivia is probably the worst dancer because she isn't able to take advantage of the weapon triangle.

I was super hyped for her at first, but the more I think about her the worse she seems.

Her dagger seems amazing at first, but once you think about it, you realize that it only hits about 8 or 9 more units than a regular poison dagger (Leo, Cecilia, Rein, Olwen, Ursula, S!Camilla, S!Corrin, H!Nowi, H! Henry) and that's it.

Unlike a raven tome, it doesn't give her any boosts to defense, so if she doesn't have the resistance, Rein can still just plow through her.

And warding stance legitimately is just a worse distant defense 3. I rarely am concerned about my high resistance daggers getting hit by dragons, so that doesn't add anything there, while taking away a huge benefit against daggers and bows.

But I'll be pulling for Jakob anyway, so I'm sure I'll get her instead, knowing my luck.

Fortunately, it's pretty much impossible for Henry to be bad.

At WORST, he'll be able to run TA Gronnraven better than the alternatives.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I'm glad I stopped at two units on the PA banner and completely passed on the FE4 ones, because that means I should be able to dump about 400 orbs into this one. Henry is the highest priority of course, and I guess Nowi is second because she seems really useful even though I don't like her art. Having a flier on a broom instead of a living mount is cool, though, as well as her having an ultimate weapon, and fliers have long been in need of both more reds and more sources of Hone Fliers.

I'm not sure what I think of colorless. It'd be cool to have a bow armor and/or to finally have a 5* dagger user, especially one that's so effective as a mage slayer, but colorless units can be hard to get good use out of. Might depend on their stats. As cool as they are, it seems hard to justify spending orbs on them that could be going towards the Awakening characters, even despite the increased odds of getting a focus unit due to there being two of them.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm glad I stopped at two units on the PA banner and completely passed on the FE4 ones, because that means I should be able to dump about 400 orbs into this one. Henry is the highest priority of course, and I guess Nowi is second because she seems really useful even though I don't like her art. Having a flier on a broom instead of a living mount is cool, though, as well as her having an ultimate weapon, and fliers have long been in need of both more reds and more sources of Hone Fliers.

...Just noticed there are two wyverns and one broom to zero pegasi in the flying mage department.

At least the mage pegasi are going to look decent when they're out. Hopefully.

Man, I kinda want them all! Nowi is biggest priority though, as I am still in need of more 5 star/good red mages. I also have not gotten any of the flying mages we've had so far. There's a Hoshido royal there for once too, even if it's my least favorite one. Glad for some Hoshido at last!

I just might go full whale on this one to try getting all four...

Even though I wanted some non-3DS characters too. I guess we're doomed never to get any outside of bride banners... :/

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Just noticed there are two wyverns and one broom to zero pegasi in the flying mage department.

You know what's going to be weird? Flying archers.

That's going to be weird.

Bit tired of the constant Awakening and Fates but hey ho.

I'll be pulling for Sakura and Henry. Can't stand Jakob, and Nowi, while I like her, isn't one of my favourites.

28 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

20 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

You know what's going to be weird? Flying archers.

That's going to be weird.

Gee, i'm looking forward to Aversa and Reina. How 'bout you?

I will pull random and see for which characters I'm worthy. I will stop if I draw one of them.
My devotion burned all my orbs till now anyway.

13 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Gee, i'm looking forward to Aversa and Reina. How 'bout you?

Those characters would be awesome. Aversa was the wife of my first avatar in Awakening.
And I like Reina.

Edited by Stroud

Damn it.
I was hoping there wouldn't be anyone I really like in this banner. But alas...
Guess I'm trying for Nowi.
I knew I was getting baited by the flier banner, damn it.

I would normally try for Sakura too but I am NOT risking rolling Jakob.

Well I will be trying for Henry and Jakob, I am just happy I can pull for a Henry that does not hit like a wet paper towel now.  I like Nowi's design but I have NS! Corrin so I will only pull for making a good armor team.  I guess I am one of the few people who want Jakob, my love of Black Butler is showing.

Thinking about it more, restraint has served me well in the past. Unless stats really change things, I think I'll just pull red and green. Even red might be a bit ambitious, since Nowi will be fairly rare and Henry is the real prize, but I think I have a safe enough shot at Henry.