Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

To everyone- please check new posts before posting near deadline. (Just don't click on quote notifications before saving your post because that'll wipe your post).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Code of Conduct is still active, even in anonymous games.  BBM knows who is who, and I will issue warnings on your main account if you step too far over the line.
2. If any of you accidentally post outside of this game with an anonymous account, please let me know immediately.

clipsey out.

• BBM changed the title to Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Night 1)

Once you all woke up, you groaned in dismay as you realized two among you were lying on the floor dead. But then you checked their bodies and… maybe it wasn’t so bad after all?

Titania Andersen has died! She was the Vanilla Serial Killer.

Rick has also died! He was a Mafia Vanilla.

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch. A hammer is required. Phase ends in a little over 72 hours, on Wednesday 2 PM PST.

Alright. I still have a lot going on IRL, but the last thing we need is someone else subbing out, so I’ll try and stick to it. I'm going to have a five-minute window to post this before I have to go to work, so no NK reaction yet.

In my opinion, the scummiest players right now are Endeavor, Kratos, and Mello. Here is my reasoning:

Endeavor has been a fairly infrequent poster with questionable reads throughout the game. Her vote on me seemed rather easy, she was reluctant to address any of my posts afterwards, and she didn’t offer the best reasoning for her Crowler vote either. I understand that time issues play some part in all of that, but her later posts read less as posts based off of quick reads and more posts that are just poor in general.

Kratos’s main contribution towards the end of D1 was his whole “these draft numbers don’t add up, somebody’s lying” argument. Which is an easy point for scum to make, as pointing out things like that allows someone to contribute to the game without actually scumhunting. His posts at the very end of D1 are especially confusing. I don’t see a reason for scum to post something like that after the threat of a turbolynch has already passed, except maybe to throw off suspicion, in which case it actually makes a lot of sense. I really disliked the tone of his last posts: it reads like a last-minute defense, but he should have been able to tell he wasn’t in danger. It’s very scummy to me.

Mello is currently a strong townread for many players because of how he reacted to his claim and then to Crowler’s claim. The reactions are good, yes, but is the rest of his content? His late D1 content was very insubstantial other than those two things. It almost feels like after everybody started townreading him, he loosened up and stopped trying to post good content. Like, literally. Read back and you’ll see where he promised he’d post some thoughts in an hour or so. Two hours later, he shows up only to post a correction on some of Kratos’ numbers logic. Then he disappears for the rest of the day. Could be circumstance, but nonetheless, he missed some key conversations at a key moment and never explained why. Mello did some things yesterday that cast doubt on his being scum, but that shouldn’t let him off the hook for all of the scummy things that haven’t changed about his play.

I’m very interested in hearing some reads from the above 3 players. I would lynch on any of those slots should they be unable to convince me of their non-scumminess. I’m on the fence about Faye, Lapis, and Omar, I want to hear more from these slots before casting any firm judgements. Everybody else is probably town, maybe with Toshio and Titania being a little bit more suspicious than the others.

• BBM changed the title to Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Day 2)

Hello, I'm the insomniac

I can confirm Mello isn't lying about his draft numbers, I picked 7,4 as well @Mello how come you could not make a read on Endeavor because of too few posts but were able to make one on Faye. Just to make sure Mello is most likely to be town right based on him thinking Crawler was lying? I'm thinking perhaps drawing attention to his slot would be better than getting lynched especially if he had a BP. However crawler flipped town so he was definitely telling the truth? IDK can someone help out here

I'd also feel better about lynching Endeavor D2. I feel like we're having to forcing him to elaborate on stuff, it wasn't just the beast post but the kokichi wagon as well. His reads on batter and kratos feel sort of buzzwordish and don't really seem to do much. Why is batter's vote jumping around (early d1) odd? I don't expect much conviction ed 1 so it's fine. His response to the beast post just feels very dismissive. Only thing that makes me hesitant is his claim post. Not sure why he'd go into about picking vengeful as scum. Just seems more naturally townie.

I think Kratos is probably town. He does the same thing as Mello in thinking that the people who posted their draft numbers are lying until told what may have happened. Also him calling Titania scum seems weirdly reactionary in a way that I don't think scum would do.

Not sure why Titania as scum would call for a turbo on someone when she has a town lynch (Crawler) secured.

Something about Nagito is bothering me but I can't really put my exact my finger on it. I think it's because instead of just saying the thread that I was townie he told me personally which feels like it's trying to buddy up. I feel like a lot of his reasoning against Mello is overblown. He insinuates that Mello may have been trying to change opinions about Kokichi because he suggested that we shouldn't base alignment off people's claims which I think is a good point. I get the impression that he was just telling people to be careful. Really feels like Nagito was trying too hard there to force something and same with his "weak reason for dismissing Endeavor" which seems more of an opinion. I thought the explanation for why Mello's vote was opportunistic was good but that's about it.  

okay phase is about to end in 2 minutes but i'll continue my thoughts on nagito after phase ends

Joke game.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:44 AM, Faye Valentine said:

Heya guy I am in!

So, a few things to note, I will be scummy and not post anythingelse today,

I will be further scummy and focus on ongoing days while looking at older posts only while game is moving slowly

And I will take being scummy further by not posts too many times a day

Thanks for understanding~

Or can come at me and we can have a fun time~

##Vote: Faye Valentine

3 minutes ago, Omar Little said:

beast is probably town too he seemed to have thought that titania was alive which would have been dumb cuz he knows his factional kill

I've seen Mafia makes post about night kill targets before tbh. I do like him sharing more reads though.

Also, while you're right about me being town, I don't really understand your reasoning for it. Just because Rick was pushing my lynch I need to be town?

Also, these nightkills are amazing! I think this proofs Mafia has a strongman, since that's the only way they could kill the SK in one shot. Actual players shot don't suprise me too much, so I don't think there's much to derive from that.

Toshio/Rick interactions are scum/scum af.  He votes Toshio for a pressure vote in the middle of the day but I'm never feeling the pressure.  Toshio even has to ask "am I still your strongest scumread" which is absolutely hilarious.  I know scum is perpetually in a state of despair for rolling mafia, but surely you can try harder than this!

Mello could be scum because he intentionally avoids the Mello wagon but it's not as telling because it could be scum/town as well (trying to buddy w/Mello).  Maybe it's more likely to be town because he does the same thing w/Faye as well.

Kokichi/Endeavor/Mercenary Kratos are all basically cleared.  Maybe Omar is the last scum.

##Vote: Toshio

Just gonna copy/paste a few things I had from my notes that don't matter anymore:

Quote all my posts around page 15 and quote titania's post saying I haven't even posted.  Make a strong case on Titania and push that lynch. (Doesn't matter 

Rick/titania connections early on page 2/3(Doesn't matter cause different alignment also never really brought this up cause it felt way too graspy to matter.)

Let me go read beast's and Omar's posts.

Also just gonna say I called Titania as scum since like super early so I'm happy about that.

Did a quick skim for Rick interactions. Got slight town lean on Kokichi from ED1, town lean on Mello ("I don't like the wagon because of how quickly it sprang up" = non-reason used to justify white knighting a townie without committing to a read on them). Too bad I already had those reads to begin with. Kratos and Toshio votes were neutral enough they could be distancing, so no further read on them. Not many people talked about Rick instead of to him, unfortunately.

Faye is in no position to enter the game with a refuge in audacity post when their previous player only had one mediocre post. That slot should be in the hot seat today.

(Pretty sure I'm not in a good headspace for reading mafia as I'm trying to re-read and just glazing over everything, so I'll figure out who else I want dead later. Offhand I'm curious how the new Lapis is going to make up for their old player's lack of convictions, and me being wrong about Crowler makes me think I should take another look at the Beast and Endeavor, though I don't actually scumread either one yet.)

36 minutes ago, Beast said:

Kratos’s main contribution towards the end of D1 was his whole “these draft numbers don’t add up, somebody’s lying” argument. Which is an easy point for scum to make, as pointing out things like that allows someone to contribute to the game without actually scumhunting. His posts at the very end of D1 are especially confusing. I don’t see a reason for scum to post something like that after the threat of a turbolynch has already passed, except maybe to throw off suspicion, in which case it actually makes a lot of sense. I really disliked the tone of his last posts: it reads like a last-minute defense, but he should have been able to tell he wasn’t in danger. It’s very scummy to me.

The first sentence is a misrep, I posted other reads AND cases as well near the end of day 1.  MY last post is scummy? I would like to hear more reasons as to how.  This case on me is weak as butter.  IF you wanna know why I posted that then you also aren't really reading too much. I guess I actually have to go back and quote the stuff that doesn't matter anymore so let me go do that real quick.

2 minutes ago, The Batter said:

Did a quick skim for Rick interactions. Got slight town lean on Kokichi from ED1, town lean on Mello ("I don't like the wagon because of how quickly it sprang up" = non-reason used to justify white knighting a townie without committing to a read on them). Too bad I already had those reads to begin with. Kratos and Toshio votes were neutral enough they could be distancing, so no further read on them. Not many people talked about Rick instead of to him, unfortunately.

Faye is in no position to enter the game with a refuge in audacity post when their previous player only had one mediocre post. That slot should be in the hot seat today.

Good catch on Mello, didn't notice that during my quick skim.  WRT Kratos, I found that Kratos' responses were more telling than Rick's case on him, so I'd recommend reading those.

Is Faye a pillar of hope or a bastion of despair?  Either way, I have a good feeling it'll be immediately obvious after their next post.

Nevermind, it's not worth it, I'm gonna attempt to stop responding to this pointless stuff. If you felt I was scummy based off my last posts I'm just gonna ignore it.  It's pointless to argue against a weak case like that.  The logic and the posts focused at me were both from now flipped scum and both cases were terribly weak.  One just wanted to turbo me saying I hadn't posted at all when I had and even had reads and my thoughts on all three of the current potential wagons at that point in time.  The other one just said I was vote sitting on Titania and wasn't around for the end of the phase, WHICH PHASE END STILL HAD TIME TO GO SO THATS SOME BS ITSELF.  There was no actual strong case or any scum intent behind my posts that could be even telling as to why I would be scum.

As for Beast's 'case' on me now it doesn't have any strength behind it and if you want more of a response from me then you better turn around go back through the rest of the game and tell me how I'm scum, tell me how I have a connection to rick, tell me how I have scum intent in my posts or tell me how I am attempting to weaken the town in anyway.  Go back and point out any actual scum intent and I will then give you more of a response.   Until you do that I'm probably just going to take anything Beast says with a grain of salt because obviously that's all it's worth.