Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nagito Komaeda said:

Toshio/Rick interactions are scum/scum af.  He votes Toshio for a pressure vote in the middle of the day but I'm never feeling the pressure.  Toshio even has to ask "am I still your strongest scumread" which is absolutely hilarious.  I know scum is perpetually in a state of despair for rolling mafia, but surely you can try harder than this!

Mello could be scum because he intentionally avoids the Mello wagon but it's not as telling because it could be scum/town as well (trying to buddy w/Mello).  Maybe it's more likely to be town because he does the same thing w/Faye as well.

Kokichi/Endeavor/Mercenary Kratos are all basically cleared.  Maybe Omar is the last scum.

##Vote: Toshio

This comments on toshio/rick interactions but doesn't comment Rick/me interactions outside of the fact that he says I'm 'basically cleared'  I actually kind of what to know how/why he feels that way.  I don't think Rick's posts alone are something that could clear me in anyway shape or form.  He scum read me and posted that he would like me lynched but he could have said that whether I was scum OR town in that situation, especially if he didn't think I was going to be lynched that day.

1 minute ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

You were mutually scumreading each other. Titania was obvious town to EVERYONE ELSE BUT YOU. I don't care about your role. Why should I care about your role if picking doctor is good for mafia as well? How is this hard to understand?

Why the fuck would scum pick hitman and doctor.  WIFOM purposes?  Doubtful, especially since they could easily pick something like vengeful and have an extra kill, especially if it's on someone that has been lynched frequently before for being scummy.  I don't think my track record outside of my last 2 games is pretty great and I'm pretty sure I used to be lynched all the time.

2 minutes ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

Out for real. Getting mad isn't worth it.

Actually when you get back answer me some questions: Why was Titania obv town? Because I'm pretty sure she wasn't.  I would like you to actually look over the past day phase and give me some exact quotes and reasoning for how they were definitely town.  Then I would like for you to explain how my interactions with Rick make me scum.  As well as if you could give me some of the quotes that you comment about WRT me not commenting on endeavor's post and where I 'pushed people towards voting other people for reasons that were kind of bogus'.

I want to know WHY you thought titania was town, most of the posts made by them didn't seem to come from a great town perspective but from a self-reliant perspective, as in just trying to keep themself alive.

I'm also gonna step away from this game for a bit to calm myself down and attempt to come back more rationally.  I still am perfectly fine with my claim because I would rather not argue all day about whether I'm town or scum or not to only end up claiming potentially later in the phase which would just be a waste of time.

I think Kokichi keeping their vote on me with their current reasoning is extremely suspect though and it seems like a ploy to make town waste it's time.

@Toshio Ozaki Yes, but scum picking strongman means it's more likely they didn't try / thought it was hopeless.

Rick makes more sense for a SK kill than Ouma does; Ouma was an obvious shot for scum and SK doesn't want to overlap kills. I suppose I could've been a SK target but I consider myself to appear more neutral than a lot of players, and SK would rather remove an obvtown that's not getting nightkilled that night. I also doubt Ouma is scum and know I'm not scum.

Objective best play is to leave Kratos alive today anyway like he said. Him claiming now is reasonable in this scenario. Scum would want to claim near deadline to cause panic. I don't think Ouma still voting Kratos is scummy. More likely Ouma is town tunneling who hasn't thought through the implications of the claim yet. Komaeda's vote switch is weird, though. He said it was a RP joke but that wasn't clear at all until after he made the initial post.

I'm feeling better about Faye being scum. While the interactions are few they seem pretty significant. Rick oddly dismisses Faye as "I didn't read the post as scum and case on them didn't convince me". He also seems to be really defensive when Kokichi questions faye.

"Faye just made a huge wall post, but I just deigned to read it anyways. I don't see why your reasoning for voting is much different from hers, and it seems hypocritical for you of all people to call her out."

All kokichi was asking was a question,

Kokichi basically summed up the rest of my thoughts on Nagito that I was going to talk about. However him suddenly having a ton of conviction in toshio (and voting toshio seems like an unusual choice for scum imo feel like you ) and the doctor vote are causing conflicting feelings. Also not sure why he'd try to clear a bunch of people as scum at the beginning of the day. 

I also saw Faye lurking the thread but then no longer here. Perhaps they had to do something but still want to put pressure on them.

##vote Faye

As for the other scum, I'm leaning towards Toshio but that's only because of associative. Even if Rick legitimately had trouble with the whole Mello wagon debacle, I realize if he were to actually provide the post he would have thought someone on it would be scummy because he mentioned how he didn't feel good about it. I guess i just feel weird that he would choose toshio as his "pressure" vote (which Nagito mentioned wasn't much pressure) when he presumably had people he actually thought were scummy. Toshio did sort of try to clear me but i think there are still plenty of players from their pov that he could pursue whereas I feel nagito severely limited his which would make not much sense as scum.

FMPOV me, Batter, Kokichi, Endeavor, Kratos, Mello, and Lapis aren't scum (some based on reads, some based on interactions, one based on a legendary ED2 doc claim).  Toshio is really messing w/me because Rick's interactions w/him still bug the fuck out of me but the way he's been posting throughout this day seems counterproductive for scum and it's really messing w/my head (and I'm already having a hard enough time concentrating on mafia as it is).  I'll look into him again when I'm in a better headspace and actually analyze his D1 posts ( @Toshio Ozaki You're right that it was unfair of me to only analyze posts from Rick's PoV and I apologize for that).  For now, Beast/Omar/Faye are everyone else who I want to look into for the day.  

##Vote: Faye Valentine

^^^Nah it wasn't unfair of you, it is a good point but there's not much I can really say against it so it's a little annoying FMPoV. Can you explain your Endeavor townread? You were neutral on him yesterday but seem more convinced about them being town today?

Also I see your cases Kokichi/Kratos and they're definitely worth responding too, but I just wanted to get out my current scumreads.  You're both pillars of hope, anyways, so it's not benefiting me too much to defend myself from you guys!

1 minute ago, Toshio Ozaki said:

^^^Nah it wasn't unfair of you, it is a good point but there's not much I can really say against it so it's a little annoying FMPoV. Can you explain your Endeavor townread? You were neutral on him yesterday but seem more convinced about them being town today?

It's a good point but I don't like making cases that people can't defend against.  What's the fun in that, it'll never go anywhere!  I thought Endeavor was town by the end of the day but also IIRC Rick went after Endeavor instead of going for one of his counterwagons.  It's possible from scum/scum but less likely and I wasn't scumreading Endeavor going into today anyways.

this is a message from Lord Nergal my former self: ~I wasn't voting for her for flaking. Voting for someone for flaking is scummy but I'm voting her because I think she is scum~

Ok, that was relayed, time to actually play this draining game.

I was going to vote Kratos because I think his Judgement is suspect and reactions were Grave, to say the least. I don't like in particular where he says mello's attempt to force a cc on crowler is null since that only serves to muddy the waters around that back and forth at best, and at worst it's drenching Mello in suspicion, especially. Technically he is right but in a low-info game like this, I don't think especially given Mello's reaction after the coordinate reveal that it was a scum move to do.

Then the overreaction at low tide happened, which didn't help things. I don't think anyone wants to deal with that Light Spear. And with that in mind, I was going to go from there to put a vote on him. But then the doctor claim swam in. Batter has a point about scum meta but more to the point I don't sea the harm in letting him get nightkilled tonight. Given our site's track record on doctor lynches, better to be safe than sorry this early on (D2 when we know strongman has been used), even if they smell like seaweed and are cosplaying inferior beings.

I'm reluctant to go after Omar because if his claim is true he's almost guaranteed clean assuming 10/3/1 (I think that's the numbers Batter's assuming with the Kratos != Mafia). That being said, I don't agree with the Kratos inno on mistake made because I think he had room to realize the error where Mello's is different because it's more a shellfless 'counterclaim'/commotion stirring rather than a shellfish one.

ie Mello is putting himself at risk by posting the coordinates because, assuming he didn't make the error, it's him vs crowler in terms of wagons.

Kratos pointing out a supposed error doesn't put as much risk onto him, as in that case it would be Mello Vs Endeavour Vs Crowler.

Again doctor claim is in play so that's kind of a wash as a whole, but I don't see it as inherently townie/scummy so to speak.

IMO give Omar another night phase and policy if he doesn't deliver on a night post, mechanically speaking. Game-wise I don't find him too bad.

##Vote: Nagito Komaeda.

Saying that the Rick/Toshio interactions are in the middle of the day is Super Highschool Level hopeful thinking at best and I think the 'are you even still my scumread' was still about a third of the way in. The wording makes it seem a lot closer than it really was to present day, so it does not look very promising. Do you have more recent interactions to point to wrt Toshio/Rick because those aren't convincing to say the least.

After Nagito I want to take a look at beast because while it is okay to not  have strong reads I think locking yourself in your castle with no strong reads and a shrug

I think endeavour is clear at this point given 3 vanilla flips but I hope he speaks up more.

Lynch faye if she doesn't provide much more than what she has right now at the end of the day. She's had two posts and one of them was outright uncooperative. That being said voting her right now is pointless.

Faye > Nagito > Beast > Kratos.

I think Toshio, amoral as he may be, is town, as are (Long live the) Supreme Leader and (Hey) Batter (Batter, hey batter, batter, swing). Mello should put the chocolate bar down and post more but I still buy his LD1 actions right now.

barnacles didn't mean to press submit but I mean that's on page 6 of the 17 page d1 if it was  on like 9-11 or so I would say that's mid-day but that is still ed1 IMO. The portrayal of it without that in mind makes me think that it was during the building wagon on Crowler in which case yes, Nagito would be absolutely right that hooks bad. With it in mind, asking about the scumread and whatnot just strikes me as the state of the game moving along as opposed to anything sinister. Which in turn calls into question why Nagito framed it the way he did.

Not a big fan of Lapis' recent posts and not just because they called my methods amoral (they were necessary at the time, I just wished I did it sooner).

The things that bother me the most are their Omar and their Nagito suspicions. It feels like they're only suspecting Omar because of the claim flub which I think is kind of silly because you can't expect him to be seriously faking insomniac? It's a very provable role and if he isn't that we will find out very quickly. The Nagito suspicion is really strange because they don't seem to have any fault in Nagito's reasoning, just the fact that Nagito said that my/Rick's interactions were a third of the way into the phase rather than half of the way into it, which is a really bad nitpick imo.

Also would like clarification on what he meant by this:

That being said, I don't agree with the Kratos inno on mistake made because I think he had room to realize the error

I ask because it's confusing. I believe you might be referring to me innoing Omar because scum!Omar would realise when phase end is. I said this because scum are much more likely to pay attention to phase end times than town whereas town would not really pay attention as much after they send in an action or whatever.