Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

Oh also @Nagito Komaeda I didn't really agree with your case I just thought that it was good as in "not scummy", apologies for not making that clear. I think tonally they were ok, I can see your argument but I'm reluctant to be so kind with these monsters in human flesh about. 

@Mello To be perfectly clear I was referencing Nagito instavoting the doc claim.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Nagito Komaeda said:

@Kokichi Ouma Explain what caused you to backpedal on your Kratos read.  This doesn't read as a natural progression to me, considering you were hard defending him last phase.  Maybe I'm reading too far into this, but it reads like you're going out of your way to not townread Kratos based on his claim. 

I dunno, if someone I'd been townreading for an entire phase and later flip flopped on claimed Doctor, I'd be more conflicted than you are (especially considering you mentioned claims could be alignment relevant on D1). 

Additionally, I don't feel like you read me very well at all.  Surely someone of your talents can do better than that!  My main scumread for 90% of the phase was Mello, and I wasn't townreading Dr. Crowler. 

Your scumread on me also breaks apart at your main point.  At the same time, scum!me is supposed to be perfectly okay w/stating an Endeavor scumread after he was the most likely lynch candidate but defended Dr. Crowler because I didn't want to tie myself down to the lynch (even though he only had two votes at the time; if you're looking for the Super High School Level Fortune Teller, I believe he went that way).

My progression was roughly:
-this is tonally town (d1)
-rereading n1 iI realised their play looked waaaay more scum motivated than town
-come into d2 intending to vote you anyway but then with the rick flip Kratos seemed scummier due to interactions
-i thought the doc claim was scum panicking because doing it there was dumb (and was also kind of drawn into the giraffe's anger myself, which is my fault)
-after coming back calmer i agree that kratos is unfortunately town

The later parts aren't exactly great play but I think the rest is reasonable.  Besides, you couldn't really suspect a face like this, right...?

C1ls662.png

As for the rest of your post, meh, your Mello read existed but I never really got a strong impression from it. It didn't feel like you were really pressuring the slot in any meaningful capacity, although that's to be expected of someone with such a useless talent. Maybe this is subjective, and I could totally be a liar about it, sure,  but that's just how I feel. Honest! I also remember your Crowler defence happening as the Mello wagon was dying out, and Crowler was being presented as the counterwagon by a reasonable amount of posters. I suppose you're right that Endie had a lot more votes but the sentiments behind a Crowler lynch were definitely there, especially when he couldn't come back and defend himself. Wouldn't you agree?

14 hours ago, Beast said:

Oh yeah, I'm suspected by well-nigh everyone at this point. Where's my wagon? Honestly, I'm just a little interested in who would be onboard with lynching me at the moment, it would help me greatly with forming my own scumreads.

I think I hate this line.

Ozaki's point on Endeavour is actually good. I might even let you live for it, other doctor! Hopefully you're more useful than the last doctor. I feel more nervous about their slot now, although I still think that the phase end post tonally read town. I'm going to reread it now...! Okay, that was a lie. But later I'll get to it, I promise.

I'm okay with lynching Faye because they're pretty useless and their only content of the game has been scummy. They even viewed and dipped which could be a scared scumbag not knowing how to argue their way forward out of the lynch. I understand the Lapis cases because I think their first day wasn't good but I think they look much better af they got their feet wet and started to interact with the game. I'm not one to turn down a good lynching (who is, honestly?) but I don't think they're a lynch today. 

I'm rereading Nagito's posts right now to elaborate on the read but, to talk vaguely on my first I didn't really get a townie or scummy searead from them at the time. Then, when they pointed at Toshio, who I did and sill do townread, I went down the fishing hole, only to find it be much earlier in the phase page-wise, so IMO it doesn't hook damning. Instead, Nagito's vote and accusation hook misleading (sending the town on a fishing expedition), which is where I put my vote afterwards. Still reading but I feel like I should clarify on that point.

On Kratos: I don't know how draft played out but weren't the picks put in at the same time, just set at different priorities? That might work against the idea that scum couldn't try to get hitman and doctor at the same time. But Batter's logic holds up that the doctor should have been on Rick, as long as we continue to assume there's a  person mafia team. If there's a four person scum, he is not clear, because, well, in that case a scum doctor could've been on another PR. Like an amnesiac, for example. But that is admittedly unlikely.

That being said, I don't excuse his play. As multiple people have mentioned ED1, he was overly defensive until the wagon moved off of him and onto greater things, whereupon he is right, he did not disappear as Titania said, but I would also say that during that lull he was hardly impressionable in the way his early content was. Then, there was the Eruption at the end of the day, which notably caught Rick and Nagito in it, which was a massive overreaction. And IMO some of his defenses, such as calling the cases against him weak/terrible (Not using exact quotes but that's the general sentiment), are as weak as a river stream.  And there is so much wine in the water around him that the Atlantic is drunk off of it.

But he's a doctor claim. So then the previously stated logic by Batter probably applies.

I just can't bring myself to like this slot all the same. It would only really make sense if they were a reversed spellcaster who raises the dead, and even then I do not like it at all.

So I put him on the bottom of the lynch list, as Faye still exists.

On Omar: I decided to comment on him because he was mentioned by a few of the early d2 posts as a possible lynch target today. He is likely clear for a few reasons:

1) He supports Mello's coordinates claim.

2) Scum are unlikely to pick insomniac because it would put on them a burden to produce content, as mentioned previously by someone (I forget who atm).

3)Scum are unlikely to pick insomniac and then miss deadline where they could prove it, as Toshio(?) said. You could call this sloppy but I think a lot of stuff thrown around has been assuming best case.

That being said, I included the Lynch if he doesn't prove n2 because claiming insomniac then doing nothing to prove it, while dumb, more importantly wastes the town's time. It might be stating the obvious but given he drew the attention to himself I think it needed to be said. 

On Faye: The slot is being actively unhelpful, Nagito. I don't know how else to put it, the first post has been found to be fishy by virtually everyone including my alter ego, and that second post refusing to cooperate after the sub in makes her the obvious lynch. If they're townie they're LVP at this point. Again, she should be lynch priority 1 today for right now but there's no point to pressure voting them right now.

Votals 2.2

Nagito Komaeda (3): Lapis Lazuli, Kokichi Ouma
Lapis Lazuli (2): Mello, Nagito Komaeda
Faye Valentine (2): The Batter, Omar Little
Endeavor (1): Toshio Ozaki
Mello (1): Beast

Not Voting (3): Faye Valentine, Mercenary Kratos, Endeavor

A bit less than 51 hours left in the phase. 8 votes to hammer.

Ok, reread Nagito. My impression is that he was active, but towards the end of day 1, didn't have any strong scumreads outside of Worst Valentine and one that solidified on Crowler towards the end. Maybe mello/Kratos suspicion (IMO). D2, I think my point still stands, but also, @Nagito Komaeda how did you go from

On 1/6/2018 at 7:21 AM, Nagito Komaeda said:

@Omar Little Congrats on not responding to my provocation!  I'm not being insincere here, I was kind of expecting you'd get tilted by a baseless scumread on you as scum.  I really appreciate your Rick read because it brings a lot of new insight on the slot that I wouldn't have been able to deduce on my own.  Rick's defense was good, though, unfortunately for your case.  Don't be discouraged, though, you can't win 'em all!  D-definitely don't turbo me, I prefer a long and arduous death if possible!  Your reads on the leading wagons were quite impressive!  You've definitely waved away any preconceived notions I had about you by now.

which reads as you townreading him, to

22 hours ago, Nagito Komaeda said:

Maybe Omar is the last scum.

(Quotes snipped so I might've missed something)

Which is weird, especially because you're attacking me on Omar mention when I did that in response to mentions by both you and Beast initially? I don't think anything's changed to prompt that switch. In fact, you yourself said (while casing me) that Insomniac is more likely to be town-sided than not. Shore, that's not a guarantee, but you've done nothing to explain the tide turn so far.

Asides: I mentioned briefly that Kratos made a similar error to Mello, but looking at that again, the issues with it are:

A)Titania already corrected Mello for the exact same error, specifically explaining that it seemed like a town tell.

B) That was a page beforehand and he must have read past it to bring up the perceived contradiction.

So this ultimately comes out as a wash at best, tell-wise.

Also:

On 1/6/2018 at 8:05 AM, Titania Andersen said:

so this only makes sense if Mello is specifically SK, which is... possible, but I'm still not super interested in a day 1 SK hunt lynch

feelsbadman

Urgh, sorry for my lack of posting guys. Being busy, lacking motivation and having trouble getting reads regardless of the first two points is a bad combination.
Not here to whine though, here to play a game:

I agree Kratos is probably town. That doc claim makes more sense to me coming from a frustrated towny under suspision then a desperate scum. I also don't think he'd lie about being a doctor at this point, because with only 2 scum members left, getting one member lynched to find a doctor doesn't seem worth it.
The only reason I'd see Kratos not protecting Rick as scum is if the other scum member was also a likely target for the SK and I'm not sure I want to believe our townreads are really that bad.

@Faye Valentine I'm willing to believe you've been to busy to fully read up on the game for now, but could you at least give your opinion on the Kratos claim, and Mello's number claim? I think those are somewhat relevant, and context isn't really needed to form an opinion on it.

##Vote: Faye Valentine

Mosty a pressure vote, but I'm willing to lynch here if nothing comes from it. Didn't like her predecessors only post, and the new one hasn't done much to improve on it.

Beast is starting to post more reads which is good. His reads strike the line where they seem good enough that he actually put effort into it, while not being so good I don't believe he couldn't come up with good reads in the first place. They also feel natural when compared to his other post with reads, so I'm starting to feel better about his slot. @Beast would still like you to stop reffering to me as female though.

@Omar Little While I agree fake claiming insomniac is stupid, could you make extra sure to post something next night regardless? Just starting the night with a quick proof post before a possibly big post of reads would do wonders to stop this whole mess.

For what it's worth, if I were scum I'd prefer being vanilla over being insomniac, so that I'm at least not expected to post during the night as well. I think an insomniac pick is more likely to come from town, although I wouldn't go so far as to say he's obv town for this.

This is driving me nuts.

I wanted to post more today (sound familiar anybody?) but I JUST. CAN'T. CATCH. A. BREAK. So while I do some quick reading, I wanted to go ahead and put a few things out there:

@Mello Congratualtions! You are now officially being townread by me, because along with the already overwhelming evidence in your favor from the whole claiming deal, your post rebutting my case against you was one of the towniest things I've read all day. The thing I loved most about your post, however, was that you called me out for making lazy posts. Thank you! Somebody finally noticed! my posts are extremely lazy, based off of minimal reading and indefensible logic. Anybody who hasn't picked up on that already isn't paying enough attention.

@Endeavor Sorry, dude. I don't actually know where your character is from, but I know a girl IRL whose name is Endeavor. I didn't mean to offend you, man. Peace out, bro.

After reading the last few posts I'm leaning a little bit towards Toshio but I'm not really sure of anything right now.

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

@Mello Congratualtions! You are now officially being townread by me, because along with the already overwhelming evidence in your favor from the whole claiming deal, your post rebutting my case against you was one of the towniest things I've read all day. The thing I loved most about your post, however, was that you called me out for making lazy posts. Thank you! Somebody finally noticed! my posts are extremely lazy, based off of minimal reading and indefensible logic. Anybody who hasn't picked up on that already isn't paying enough attention.

This sounds sarcastic but I can't tell what you actually are getting at with it. Explain.

(Apathy is setting in for me, honestly. Kokichi, your points on Komaeda do make sense but I waffle on him whenever I read him. I mostly just don't want to lynch consistently active posters like Lapis or Komaeda today over Faye - I really think invoking LAL on Faye is the best for gamestate; we off that slot now and don't have to deal with it later and there's also a very good chance it's scum IMO. Why is Conqueror viewing this thread.)

2 minutes ago, The Batter said:

I don't understand your vote switch. Seems like his post is some form of sarcasm.

Uh... Maybe that makes more sense. I don't know what the hell I'm doing with this guy anymore. I was kind of hoping you'd just trust me enough to sheep the vote and see what kind of reaction he got out of it but well, this sure was a thing.

##Unvote

Sigh.

Wrt other things Endeavour's catchup doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. Voting Faye at this point with no other real opinions is a bit of a joke and Ozaki is on the right line of questioning because ignoring most of the happenings of Day 2 is weird. Weird weird weird. Lapis' luckboy points are interesting and I don't want this slot lynched today.

##Vote: Nagito Komaeda

Here we go again! Pedit: I'm fine with a Faye lynch (and what you're saying Batter seems reasonable) but I'm not really sure what the case is on Mello aside from a shifty glance or two coming from Rick. Do you think he's coasting?