Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you guys talked a bunch and decided to lynch Dr. Crowler Faye Valentine. She was the Town Sidekick. Oops...

End of D2 Votals

Faye Valentine (7): The Batter, Omar Little, Nagito Komaeda, Lapis Lazuli, Toshio Ozaki, Kokichi Ouma
Nagito Komaeda (1): Endeavor
Endeavor (1): Beast

Not Voting (3): Faye Valentine, Mercenary Kratos, Mello

Night 2 has begun. You have 24 hours to submit actions. Don't post unless your role allows you to.

• BBM changed the title to Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Night 2)

gonna just make this question here since you all seemed to have missed my question about lapis when it was hidden in my last post with a lot of words.

Do you guys think that the Kokichi/Rick interaction at the very beginning of the game could have been faked? Interaction implies that Rick didn't actually know Kokichi's role. Not sure how well they could fake it but i'm dumb and trying to at least eliminate some players since i'm feeling shaky on my conviction right now.

oh woops I forgot I posted it right after my post. But just realized the question is moot anyway. The way Rick specifically pointed out the amount of votes for some reason tells me that it is possible for it to be faked. This is also going to sound incredibly stupid, but why did you reveal your role the way you did @Kokichi Ouma? As in the very beginning with the whole accusing rick of miscounting votes even before he posted? Also not sure why you switched off from Endeavor to Faye at that point. I did like your case but what made Faye look worse than Endeavor at the time? Also somewhere around ED1 you indicated that roles did somewhat matter for alignment. How come you were initially so dismissive of Kratos's claim?

Also looking back at the interactions, i'm leaning towards Endeavor not being scum imo. Rick's vote on endeavor occurs immediately after Toshio's which seems more like it's an attempt to actually set up something as opposed to a bus. What further supports this imo is that after Kokichi votes Endeavor, Endeavor is at 5 votes. I think Rick makes 1 post after this and decides to keep this vote. Think the closest person was Mello who was at 3. Think his second post, Endeavor and Crawler are tied and yet he decides to keep his vote on Endeavor. IDK it just seems ridiculously risky. Something about Toshio's switch onto crawler also seems awkward to me, "batter townreads him and I trust him" just seems weird. If I assume Toshio is scum it feels like an attempt to perhaps split scum between the wagons. Kinda frustrated at myself because I know Toshio isn't actually able to defend themselves so it's kinda unfair but I can't shake the feeling that Rick bussed at least one of his scumbuddies and i'm 60-70% sure it's not endeavor (and 90% sure it's not kratos) so I'm really looking at kokichi and Toshio.(Although I do think actually the voteswitch is objectively bad though regardless of my thoughts on Endeavor). His priority was Endeavor >Crowler until magically because of batter? and some meta thing he's fine to go onto crowler. Especially important because I think toshio's vote made it 5>4 Cralwer Endeavor.  

For actual scumminess though, Beast is there. Starts the day off with no vote and asking for more opinions which to me just comes off as testing the waters on what to do. Votes Mello which is eh but then later admits he did it because his case was more original or something which just comes off as trying to appease people. His vote on Endeavor isn't very good, just random meta being the only thing pretty much. Kokichi makes a point that it's not opportunistic cuz he's fine with faye lynch but imo beast's vote just comes off as more of a "choose what other people are choosing" vote. D1 was not very good either as I explained.

so basically this is dumb as fuck probably but i want to lynch between beast, toshio, or kokichi tomorrow. Preferably beast or toshio.  In terms of actual scumminess i like beast and i have a strong gut feeling that rick bussed one of his buddies, (think he made 4 votes d1, kokichi, toshio, kratos, endeavor) and I think it's mostly likely to be toshio. my reads have been trash this game so far but maybe i can get at least one scum right lol.

Btw some might infer my vote switch comment as (note in my head I'll assume a scum toshio pov) scum toshio trying to save his scum buddy but both being scum seems hella unlikely to me as both toshio and Rick voted endeavor which seems weird for both scum buddies to suddenly bus your other scum buddy and idk why Rick would bus one scum buddy (assuming scum toshio), jump to kratos then decide to bus another.

Faye is bad civilization.

@Omar LittleI don't think the interaction was faked in part because it confused a lot of the other players (and myself) at the start and as a result was a weird way of going about things. I don't see that mess as being planned out. Also I don't think Mafia would have a priority on Mayor, since it disables in *YLO.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you think Endeavour is not scum because Rick risked letting him get mislynched before the wagon swung to Crowler? Ie he could've changed ships safely at that point but didn't? How does that match against the rest of his content though IYO?

@Nagito Komaeda It's weird you didn't sea it given the clam was the very first line in Omar's post and you had a laugh at the good morning.

I'm going to searead the doctor, but for now,

##Vote: Endeavour

I think, knowing Faye was town, that his describing her first post as "calling for a quick hammer" is misleading, and his later content does not make me feel better.

Hello, I'm reading in reverse order. Shout if you want anything from me.

@Omar; if you think Toshio switched to Crawler because he didn't want to be on the same wagon as his buddy Rick, why would Rick vote Endeavour soon after Toshio did?

@Mello Who do you think is scum?

I'm actually not feeling well, so I'm going to go lay down for a time. I'll try to talk about Toshio later but I know towards the latter half of yesterday he wasn't as active as before, which makes sense given the circumstance. Hope the interview went well.

In any case, I'll try to be back later tonight.

@Omar, I played earlygame the way I did because I have enough confidence in my town game to not get lynched for pulling stupid shit like that early and because accelerating the earlygame can cause scum to make awkward entrances. Personally I find earlyposting as scum harder than the rest of the game so being some annoying ball of weirdness is going to naturally cause people to react.

I'm not sure why you thought my Endeavour case was that strong, it was made a couple of hours into the game and Faye's one post was worse than Endeavour's scummy post. I still like that vote rereading it now, not gonna lie. My reaction to the Kratos claim was just me being mad and bad honestly. After I stepped away I realised the circumstances made him town and I switched away. I can't really say anything else there.

##Vote: Endeavour

Hey Endie, are you scared yet? I think their hope boy progression yesterday is bogus. While the initial point they made against the hopeless idiot was fine, I find it strange how they felt like their strongest scumread was who they had dirt on from two posts. It feels like a very "gotcha" type thing while ignoring the rest of their content and I feel like they overly forced their reaction to the defense made and didn't really care to figure out Faye's flip (see what I quoted at phase end yesterday) which makes me wonder if they were ever invested in their vote to begin with.

Beast confuses me, to the point that I'm unsure if we're reading the same game thread. There's a lot going on for someone without that many posts, and by that I mean they're a total mess. Even the Ultimate Maid couldn't clean up after you, I'd bet. I actually think their earlygame was fine in that they could totally have been lost town, but they've slowly dropped off in terms of productivity, which is weird considering they said they'd be better as the game went on. I'm getting preeeetty concerned that they're struggling for opinions after all because they're mafia and if it doesn't change we should probably lynch them today instead. We've had a scumflip now and if anything they've gotten less productive. Real life can be a thing but I have no idea who this guy wants to lynch now, and that's so sad it makes me want to cry!

lwVQ7Bk.png

Aaaaanyways, I'll echo Lapis in that I want more from Toshio after rereading them due to Omar because later on in the phase they seemed very willing to ask questions that never really seemed to lead anywhere instead of taking hard stances eg here where they imply Endeavour could be scummy for this but don't really seem bothered enough to force it. For someone who's supposedly torn up over the destruction of their village, are you perhaps a little too uninvolved in catching the mafia this time?

I had something too important to do to really follow up much but the gist of it is that not any of my questions yersterday really led to any change in my thinking so I didn't really comment. Endeavor only gave one read and it was kinda dodgy for reasons that I think were explained well by either you or Nagito. Faye didn't respond to anything because they were useless.

Lapis is scummy through PoE.

Votals 3.1

Endeavor (4): Lapis Lazuli, Toshio Ozaki, Kokichi Ouma (L-1)

Not Voting (6): Mello, The Batter, Nagito Komaeda, Endeavor, Beast, Omar Little

A bit over 69 hours left in the phase. 5 votes to hammer.

Omar is town for being insomniac.
Mello is town for the townslip.
Batter is almost certainly town but I don't want to go into detail on it.
Similar for You but I'm less sure.
Nagito is town for instavoting Kratos out of frustration
I know I'm town.

This leaves Lapis/Beast/Endeavor. Lapis is scummier than Beast for having a scummy thought process when coming into the thread and Beast was townie D1. Main hang up on the slot is that I'm not sure if their previous player would sub out as scum, but maybe they would.

yeah @Lapis Lazuli, that's pretty much all I got. I think the cases on endeavor are fine but the actions by rick against him don't make sense to me if endeavor is scum which is why i'm not feeling very good about it.

@Mello, I think this can be explained by there not really being a strong counterwagon yet. If we assume that endeavor is town and there is a crawler town wagon present, I could see why scum would want to split themselves upon the wagons. Also I don't think it's likely that Rick would tell his scumbuddies that he'd vote for endeavor. I just think he did it on his own. Only time i've seen scum really outline their actions to buddies is when they're in trouble and not sure what to do and Rick was doing fine.

I guess i'm okay with an endeavor lynch because even if they flip town and scum get a kill numbers should be 2/5 and if we fuck up tomorrow it is 2/3 so we have three mislynches and maybe associative will get me something.

If people are that set on endeavour, I don't see the value of waiting the whole phase.

@lapis; I'm fairly confident rick is scum. Also a couple of gut reads I need to look into.

@omar; fair enough, but still, rick said this about an hour before toshio switched, which IMO is stronger reasoning to switch to crawler. If scum!toshio wanted to split on the wagons but didn't want to use his buddy's reasoning and couldn't come up with a better reason, I think he'd wait a bit.

Not feeling very good still, but I figured I should make a short post before hammer happens.

I'd give Toshio a pass on activity yesterday, as I said. RL > Anonymous mafia.

I need to reread beast, because while I was going to go after them yesterday initially before I noticed Komaeda, a lot of their content, like admitting to being lazy, is just plain bizarre rather than scummy so to speak. I'm obviously more than fine with an endeavour lynch today, but I do need to broaden my horizons along those lines.

Toshio, could you restate why my thought process was scummy? Just so I can have something to argue about.

That aside, you're dismissing Nagito for an admitted joke vote. That's not a strong justification in any sense of the word.

@Mello: really. What makes you think that?

Also, Role Not Appearing In This Game So Far: You'd sure as hell better act tonight, now that Kratos has flipped.