Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@The Batter What do you think about Komaeda's flip on Omar? (hi Nagito you cut me)

I agree that Faye is Lynch priority one today assuming they don't put one hell of a defense up. That being said, voting her at this point isn't going to really add pressure and talking about it is treading water along those lines imo

Re: Mello, I think the major stumbling block is again the page 14 debacle since I don't see scum ccing that since if they think crowler's lying then he must be wolf ftpov in which case I don't think scum, knowing they have a strongman, would try and lynch him on day 1, when the wolf has yet to do anything. It's depriving them of a kill source so to speak.

My position was that I could see Mello just knowing he's making a mistake and doing it for the hell of it as scum because it'd get him townread. I just recalled that post was his player slip, though, which does point to him being town and posting that because he's jumping the gun. Whatever. I'll let him go again, this time.

It's hard for me to criticize him. I don't have scumreads outside of Faye either. I'm more open to lynching him after his last post, but he's not a priority for me today. "This is after sitting on the vote since ED1. Scum aren't going to move their vote off their buddy if they don't have to." is a mischaracterization. Rick only voted Endeavor after his pressure on you and Kratos didn't go anywhere. The main counterargument is that Endeavor didn't have to even become a wagon without Rick's vote. I don't count him out as scum but it's looking pretty unlikely.

ISO add-on doesn't actually work, if the results for Komaeda are indication. I did just realize that you can just view his post history since this is an anon game. Going to re-read him.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:40 PM, BBM said:

So I realized I didn't actually give a deadline for submitting draft picks- please submit them by midnight today PST and then I'll start the game tomorrow at 2PM PST.

Also making a rule change- *YLO will not be announced because it could potentially give away the alignments of some roles, which would be against the spirit of this kind of game where any role could be any alignment. The setup numbers are 10/3/1 however, so you should be able to more or less figure out how much danger you're in.

I didn't see any sort of numbers but I just figured this is close enough to 15 that if you figure a third of the village is anti-town/  we'd have 5 members of that. IE 9/4/1 isn't much different from 10/3/1 or 10/4/1. Slightly more scumsided but this is a low power setup to begin with before drafts and you have to factor in doctor/hooker interference.

@Toshio Ozaki Didn't Rick voteswap to Endeavor and make him the most likely lynch candidate?  I'm almost a Super High School Level Amnesiac, so correct me if I'm wrong here, but that's what I was referring too earlier.  Agree about Lapis playing to their town meta self yesterday, but their posts today are bugging me.  I know you've probably explained this before, but why do you think Endeavor is costing in particular?

@Kokichi Ouma Fair enough about your Kratos progression.  It read as a convenient switch to me, but night rereading is a thing...for other, more talented people.  Honestly, you being frustrated w/the Doctor claim is more telling to me than the other parts.  WRT my Mello read, I definitely feel like it pressured the slot considering my reactions to it.  Pretty sure no one even seriously looked at the slot until I called it out.  Read my Crowler defense again.  As scum, I'd either want to defend him or vote to lynch him, not flip flop on the slot.  I thought Lapis was obviously town from their meta, but the sub out weirded me out because I feel like they'd have stuck it out as town.  Therefore, when their sub in makes scummy posts, I get all hot and bothered.  Do you know when Faye viewed and dropped out?  Was it after their last post?

@Lapis Lazuli Kratos read is fine, why is Omar cleared for supporting Mello's claim?  He'd have to do it eventually regardless of alignment.  Agree w/the Insomniac part.  I was suspicious of Mello/Endeavor/Faye D1.  It's frustrating when people say that my Endeavor suspicion came late because FMPOV I was suspicious of him after his first post, and then when I had the opportunity to fully read through the game, I was suspicious of his later posts as well.  My suspicion only cleared at the end of the day.  I didn't flip flop on Omar, it's just that off the top of my head, he would be the player I thought would make the most sense as scum w/Toshio.  Regardless, I didn't think of Insomniac being more likely to be town until Batter pointed it out himself.  I still don't get why you want to lynch Faye over me...

6 minutes ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

I didn't see any sort of numbers but I just figured this is close enough to 15 that if you figure a third of the village is anti-town/  we'd have 5 members of that. IE 9/4/1 isn't much different from 10/3/1 or 10/4/1. Slightly more scumsided but this is a low power setup to begin with before drafts and you have to factor in doctor/hooker interference.

6 minutes ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

oh

I am bad

Ok, Kratos is probably clear then as I said

This seems like a weird thing to fake in an open numbers game.  I'm more inclined to believe it's a genuine town fuckup over scum using over 10 degrees of WIFOM.  Game blows, my only scumread is this inactive dude.

##Unvote

##Vote: Faye Valentine

I vote-switched from Mello because my read on him was very weak as it was. I acknowledged in my read on him that, using Titania's logic, the claiming shenanigans on D1 had made his being scum unlikely. I just wanted to point out that, in the case that those were faked, there were still plenty of scummy things about Mello's play. But it was based on a very quick and lazy readthrough, so once I saw Mello's rebuttal, I knew that most of my original points were pointless.

BTW the reason I voted Mello over Endeavor was because I felt like I had a more original case against Mello, while my Endeavor case relied on a lot of what others had said. Hence, Mello would be responding to me directly (as he did), while Endeavor would be responding to an entire group of detractors. 

At first, Toshio's logic on Rick/Endeavor was rubbing me the wrong way, but after looking at it again, I think I can actually back that up. At any rate, I would hardly consider Rick's treatment of Endeavor "hardbussing". Endeavor's infrequent posting and basic post content reminds me of a certain Mafioso from a past game who managed to get pretty far in the game with subsistence reads. Granted, one could say the same about me, but I actually know why I'm unable to post anything good or frequent.

I suppose I'll put my vote there, then:

Vote: Endeavor

I'm really not OK with lynching Faye. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not lynch someone pretty much solely for the reason of not posting anything. If Faye is scum, she's still not that valuable of a target. And I can understand IRL issues getting in the way of things here, that's hit me pretty hard too. 

Aside: Real subtle, Nagito. Reaaal subtle.

Omar didn't have to vouch for Mello's claim as pond scum. He would've known rick's draft order and could've faked that, rather than tying himself to someone a large part of the game has suspected and who the SK buddied.

And in that case, why didn't you dive to Faye first over Omar? Faye could be schooling with just about anyone.

On Faye vs You, I agree with the policy lynch reasons that are: Her one post pre-sub was a tsunami of terribleness and her sub in post was actively uncooperative. They're not cooperating in any way, shape, or form so there's little point in keeping them around as an enigma. And because I can see a scenario where a mafia member might want to do this when crowler was already in the hot spring to begin with, I don't think it's just a case of an unmotivated townie.

Your recent crumb also helps, though it's not enough right now to shore up rapport.

I've read Komaeda's posting history. He's actively helpful and I think Kokichi's case doesn't give enough credit to his main push being Mello, who was a plausible wagon for a lot of that phase. I don't want to lynch him today.

@Kokichi Ouma Explanation of your priorities would be helpful. Want to know how you sort out Beast and Komaeda and whether you actually think they're better lynches than Faye or not. Also a read on Toshio would be good.

@Mercenary KratosYou're coasting again. Post and vote.

Fuck it. Maybe Endeavor really is scum, interactions be damned. I'm still lynching Faye though. Would hammer her without a claim once Kratos gets in a post / vote. Town needs to get out of this rut and a flip is the only way it's going to happen.

A possibility is that Rick the Mafia Vanilla picked Vengeful and failed and Endeavor the Mafia Strongman knew it was safe to claim as a Vanilla fake.

I made no attempt to hide my identity so I assumed I would be blatantly obvious.

Sorry I haven't been around, i've been taking a lot of pain killers recently and it's kind of got me in a rut.

I'm fine with a Faye lynch because the slot is not doing anything and the only two posts I can remember from them were both bad, one even admitting to being scummy and the other saying they wouldn't even do anything.

Outside of that I'm scum reading endeavor and beast with nagito a bit behind them I think.  Let me try to reread some of the past few pages so I can post some more thoughts on what's been happening.

6 minutes ago, Nagito Komaeda said:

I’m not crumbing Amnesiac, it was a DR Zero joke.  Please don’t town read me for that, I don’t want to get CC’d for a dumb reason.

What was this in response to? I'm kind of curious.  Someone else already claimed Amnesiac I believe so the fact that someone thought you were crumbing amnesiac is weird to me.

Regarding the amnesiac claim, Omar NEEDS to post during this night phase or I think I would policy vote him at the start of day 3.