Tempest Trials: Breath of Destiny!

Vaximillian

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't hit max HM on anyone but had a good round of S-Ranks...

Finished off normal M!Robin, then did Hector Tudor, Zelgius, Valentine Roy, Eldigan, Frederick, Berkut and Bunny Xander :D

I'm basically done on my runs apart from three tomorrow, since I hit 100k today.

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

It happens all the time: 

Yeah, I do like the tempest for the feathers. It’s the best feather dispensing mode… while you’ve still got HM capacity to fill.

I’ve had Marth, Mae, Arvis, Clarine, Tharja, and Dark Azura all capped or re-capped during the event, and Faye and Azura both got over 1k over the days I’ve been using them. This is wonderful.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, I do like the tempest for the feathers. It’s the best feather dispensing mode… while you’ve still got HM capacity to fill.

I’ve had Marth, Mae, Arvis, Clarine, Tharja, and Dark Azura all capped or re-capped during the event, and Faye and Azura both got over 1k over the days I’ve been using them. This is wonderful.

Yep, you can't have enough feathers. If I didn't run the LA units and Clarine (who where without HM before the event), I would have finished my first page of maxed units again. 

30 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yep, you can't have enough feathers. If I didn't run the LA units and Clarine (who where without HM before the event), I would have finished my first page of maxed units again. 

Thanks to these feathers I could do this:
Screenshot_20180226-215304.jpg

Now if only I could casually pull a Rhajat/Celica/Micaiah and a Brave Lyn…

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Thanks to these feathers I could do this:
Screenshot_20180226-215304.jpg

Now if only I could casually pull a Rhajat/Celica/Micaiah and a Brave Lyn…

Cool, looks hard to kill. I wanted to do the same to my LA!Roy (30 DEF/RES), but his HP are too low (34). While I happen to sit on a spare Celica, I've never pulled a Faye. 

You could give her Warding Breath soon.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

No, I couldn’t. Warding Breath is infantry and armoured melee units only.

I keep forgetting that about the breath skills. 

I also invested into Archers: LA!Roy got Brave+ and QR 3, Innes (+SPD) got Brave+ and LnD3 for a quad set (I recognized only later that Setsuna +ATK 4*+10 would still be faster with the same ATK value). 

The current feathers will hopefully go into Cordelia merges. 

/Edit:

Just for a good looking score:

jvu6l0el.jpg

@Vaximillian Won't repeat that though `^^

Edited by mampfoid

Wow, I just had an abysmal speed record of E on Lunatic 5 autobattle.

It was the Two Noblewomens map with the two bridges.

I only had Valentine Lyn and Clarine (weaponless) left and there was a Florina with a Heavy Spear on the top right and Mathilda below her.

The battle stalled for 54 turns WITHOUT ANYONE MOVING. I didn't realise until I checked my game.

I think it's because Lyn is weak to Heavy Spear so she didn't want to go up. But she can't go down because Clarine is beside her and wouldn't move. And Clarine didn't want to go up because of the Ridersbane I guess.

Don't remember the bottom two units if they head effective weapons as well. But wow- I've seen Reciprocal Aid endless chains but not like this when no one actually performed any action at all (not even Swap on Lyn?)

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I do, but... Wow. The amount

They are still faster spent than earned.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

/Edit: 

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ok I’m obviously not taking full advantage of the Tempest Trials but still, how does one cap HM so quickly?

I'm doing exclusively lunatic/7 runs since TT1 and have been in top 5k since TT3 (or 4?). So before the latest change to the HM cap I had 1.5 pages of maxed units (3k HM). Fully maxing out  HM on a unit that already had reached 3k HM is not so hard in TTs. In the current event I'm overdoing it a little, I won't try so hard in the next one. 

Edited by mampfoid

Welp, I need to grind up 5k to get to 100k. Not as far off as I feared after a weekend of only sleeping off this dang cold. I am still snotting everywhere, but I can actually do some cell phone games now without my head feeling like it is going to explode. Problem is I need to get that 5k fast if I want to sleep today. That dang cold shot so many of my plans down. Eliwood isn't fully built. Neither is Lilina or Roy. I was also going to build SP on my Mage Eirika. All dead thanks to any light making my head hurt. Thanks cold.

I don't have nearly as many HM maxed folks since I tend to just use a core that can auto battle on the TT. That means my Amelia probably has like 40k HM if it weren't for the cap. Tharja is maxed now too since she is Amelia's armor buddy. I kinda wish they would show us how much over the cap we are. That could be fun. And I think they may actually be my only two HM capped units. Checks. Yup. Bridal Lyn, Sakura, and Effie(Amelia's old armor buddy) all would have been capped at the old cap. But I guess I haven't been using healers much in TT's lately.

Edit- I managed to grind it up. +1 extra match to hopefully stay in the top 50k.

Edited by Usana

Finally hit 100k (I had slowed down in the second week for certain things to be done), used Bowy for the last day because I got round to levelling him yeasterday. I'll miss when Bowy had stats, more likely to use Roy in AA and I can't see using Bowy much besides that Bow Valour (which is why I spent <100 ors on him alone).

I also managed to get Hunktor Ward Armour, so he's done unless I get a merge/some crazy skills. LALyn already got Luna and unless I get Iceberg after some other units get it it'll likely stay that way.

I've never actually gotten to 100k before. It's tedious, I knew that beforehand having gotten to 85k previously. Oh well, victory is boring, though it nets me orbs for tomorrow.

Bed-time, Minerva. I hope I won't wake up with an ugly demotion surprise tomorrow morning:

GmY4bQ5.jpg

Also, just in time:

9RCa3j2.jpg

(All my bonus units except Klein maxed HM now. I was missing only Hector and Lyn). 

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'll miss when Bowy had stats, more likely to use Roy in AA and I can't see using Bowy much besides that Bow Valour (which is why I spent <100 ors on him alone).

With (Brave+/DB3/QR3/Bonfire/Hone Cav/Reposition/ATK+3 seal) LA!Roy became one of my best Archers. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

With (Brave+/DB3/QR3/Bonfire/Hone Cav/Reposition/ATK+3 seal) LA!Roy became one of my best Archers. 

That's a good build option, certainly one to keep an eye on with fodder in future.

He already has Hone Cav and with the right fodder will be quick in getting those skills as well. I'm not quite in the position to be passing QR3/BB+ any time soon, but I might pass Vantage if I can get Lonk for once and I'll also be going with Iceberg because +Res. He's also sharing a barracks with B!Lyn, he's always going to look worse in comparison, though he's certainly got the defensive advantage. Also, I'm lost on the recommendation for Bonfire when his Res is higher, especially for me. He's not actually that bad a ploy user at 33 and giving him Def Ploy seal might be good as an additional support, though it's certainly better for enemy phase to get Atk seal instead.

I have to wonder why Reciprocal Aid is a default, he's got awful HP, lower than B!Lyn.

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That's a good build option, certainly one to keep an eye on with fodder in future.

He already has Hone Cav and with the right fodder will be quick in getting those skills as well. I'm not quite in the position to be passing QR3/BB+ any time soon, but I might pass Vantage if I can get Lonk for once and I'll also be going with Iceberg because +Res. He's also sharing a barracks with B!Lyn, he's always going to look worse in comparison, though he's certainly got the defensive advantage. Also, I'm lost on the recommendation for Bonfire when his Res is higher, especially for me. He's not actually that bad a ploy user at 33 and giving him Def Ploy seal might be good as an additional support, though it's certainly better for enemy phase to get Atk seal instead.

I have to wonder why Reciprocal Aid is a default, he's got awful HP, lower than B!Lyn.

Well, it costs a Klein (+20k feathers), a 4* Subaki, an 4* Effie, a Barst, a 4* Gunter and a Gordin. 

He has got 2 ATK more in comparison to Lyn, which is a big argument for the Brave+ built. If course Lyns vanilla set is better than his. I considered double distant defense and Guard Bow for Roy, but his HP is too low (like you mentioned). 

Edited by mampfoid

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Well, it costs a Klein (+20k feathers), a 4* Subaki, an 4* Effie, a Barst, a 4* Gunter and a Gordin. 

He has got 2 ATK more in comparison to Lyn, which is a big argument for the Brave+ built. If course Lyns vanilla set is better than his. I considered double distant defense and Guard Bow for Roy, but his HP is too low (like you mentioned). 

The 20k concerns me more than the low chances of Klein, I'm not fond of spending that much on a unit purely for sacrifice, otherwise I'd have more QR3 units.

Where does Effie come in? He has DB3 by default. :P I've also given a Brave Bow, so it's Barst and Subaki I'd need to get besides.

I'm around 8,500-ish rank right now. Going to keep going to hit the next HM feather threshold on a couple of my units then I'm probably stopping. Settling with only a 10k range rank this TT since no 40% bonus unit made me not want to bother for my usual top 5k. And with only LA Eliwood and Clarine as my bonus units, the auto team isn't one of my better-performing ones this time. So less points + usually slower runs means less and less score compared to usual..

I could have done manual runs to make up for things some, but ever since a few TTs ago I just can't do it that way anymore. It's just too tedious and time-consuming when it's a full 2 week TT. Please stick to the minis, IS.