General Weapon Refinery discussion/speculation/creation thread

Corrobin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/6/2023 at 7:45 PM, Florete said:

If I'm not missing anything, I believe Eleonora is the only non-Staff in the game with a full sweep effect that has no drawbacks or conditions.

She has to initiate combat to get the full sweep, so that's a condition.

I believe you are right. Everyone I remember has some type of condition, Like Legendary Veronica requiring the target to have allies around them or Legendary Ninian having target beinf blue or being penalized. I believe the most common condition is a stat check, so it's nice to see Eleonora not having to compete in Spd to be able to not get counterattacked.

• 2 weeks later...

One new weapon for a translation note:

Stoutheart Lance is "自信家の長槍" (jishinka no nagayari), "Long Spear of the Self-Confident".

And my usual hopes and expectations:

Ferdinand: Stoutheart Lance

Currently has Vanguard+, which grants +7 Def with a Stance condition.

Ferdinand has a stat spread that gives him mediocre values in every stat. His base kit is garbage, having Reposition, Fortress Def, and Rouse Spd/Def.

He could theoretically go for Spd, but he'd need a huge boost from his weapon given that he's a full 6 points behind Brave Eirika, who is currently the premier fast lance cavalry unit and already has a massive stat boost from her weapon. More likely, they'll have him rely on a guaranteed follow-up. He has Reposition by default, so they might give him an effect that activates when a movement Assist skill is used.

Legendary Lilina: Studied Forblaze

Current effect is:

• Slaying effect
  • At start of turn 1:
    • -1 Special cooldown
  • If HP is 25% or higher at start of combat:
    • +6 Atk/Res in combat
    • Hardy Bearing effect

For reference, her remix gives her and allies within Ploy 4 range Canto (1) as a status effect after combat. The damage dealt by Gifted Magic is also boosted to match that of the Growing series of Special skills. Her new skill is Sabotage A/R 3, which is an upgrade of her existing Sabotage Res 3.

Currently, there are no skill effects that allow AoE Specials to ignore damage reduction of any kind, and I don't expect that to change. While Lilina has an AoE Special, it has a lower damage multiplier than the usual Blazing series, so she doesn't rely on it quite as much as other units of this archetype to deal damage. Instead, I expect her to gain effects to boost her in-combat damage, like damage reduction nullification or the start-of-combat damage that is all the rage right now. Tempo or Time's Pulse would be nice to have to prevent Guard from blocking her from having her Special charged for her next round of combat.

We also have a bunch of new status effects like Sabotage, Ploy, Exposure, and Discord that could potentially be inflicted at start of turn to help boost her damage.

Kiria: Mirage Rod

Current effect is:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • -6 Atk/Res in combat to opponents within 2 spaces

Kiria's stat spread is basically a less optimized version of Validar's, having more Spd and less Res. Her incredibly simple base kit of Atk/Res Solo and Lull Atk/Res with nothing but Atk/Res Rein on her weapon gives me zero clue what direction they'll go with her, though it's pretty much a given that they'll either give her a guaranteed follow-up or high single-hit damage. Or both.

Young Minerva: Dragoon Axe

Current effect is:

• Slaying effect
  • If opponent's HP is 100% at start of combat:
    • +4 to all stats in combat
    • Guard effect

Minerva's exclusive skill Dragoon Shield did not age well at all. Ideally, they'll move its Iote's Shield effect onto her weapon to open up the slot for a better skill.

Her weapon having the Guard effect implies that she's intended to take counterattacks and will probably be getting damage reduction of some kind. Ideally, she just gets exactly what Spring Maria has, but I doubt they'll have them overlap that closely.

Young Merric: Winds of Change

Current effect is:

• Effective damage against fliers
  • Slaying effect
  • If unit has a stat bonus or HP is 50% or higher at start of combat:
    • +5 Atk/Spd in combat
    • Null Follow-Up effect

Merric's base kit is designed around as a Sweep build, and I think it's pretty likely that he'll get Phantom Spd on his weapon to help him continue to activate Windsweep against all of the other units that can get Phantom Spd effects from their weapons or B skills.

His exclusive Special skill heals the entire team when it activates, and it would be nice to guarantee that it activates during every round of combat. Ideally, he'd get Time's Pulse 4 on his weapon so that his Special always activates on his first attack instead of activating on his follow-up.

Leila: Constant Dagger

Current effect is:

• Permanent +3 Spd
  • With a Blow condition:
    • +5 Atk/Spd in combat
    • If unit's support partner is within 2 spaces:
      • Sweep effect
      • Swaps positions with support partner after combat
  • Dagger common effect

The absolute best effect to give her would be to allow her to always be able to teleport within 2 spaces of her support partner and to allow her support partner to always be able to teleport within 2 spaces of her.

Legendary Female Corrin:

Current effect is:

• Slaying effect
  • Dragonstone common effect
  • With a Stance condition or if opponent's HP is 100%:
    • +5 to all stats in combat
    • +1 Special charge rate

For reference, her remix fully charges her Special immediately after activation if the opponent has the Brave effect and slightly boosts its damage and damage reduction effects. Her new skill is Guard 4, replacing Shield Pulse.

Replacing Shield Pulse means its effects are likely to be moved entirely to her weapon since they're an integral part of making her build work. It would be nice if they also boosted the flat damage reduction to 7 to match her CYL version's exclusive skill's effect. I would have preferred it if she got Null C-Disrupt 4 instead of Guard 4, though, since Null C-Disrupt 4 comes with a Spd boost and Guard 4 doesn't, but Null C-Disrupt 4 is significantly more recent of a skill.

Tempo would also be nice to prevent an opponent's Guard from preventing her from recharging her Special. That said, it would be even better if they just gave her Special Spiral instead to make it even harder to prevent her Special from recharging.

I highly doubt they'd give her Distant Counter on her weapon in order to open up both her A slot and Sacred Seal slot, but it would be nice if they did. It's just a bit annoying that have every dragon fight over the Distant Counter (D) Sacred Seal.

Kid Minerva is here, so February it is for Ashnard’s refine.

In the meantime, hopefully Legendary F!Corrin gets something good on her refine. Legendary Lilina and Kid Merric are also of interest to me.

Ferdinand: Stoutheart Lance

Base effect is:

• Grand Strategy effect for all stats in combat
  • If HP is 50% or higher at start of combat:
    • Guaranteed follow-up
  • If HP is 75% or higher at start of combat:
    • +7 additional damage, excludes AoE Specials

Refine effect is:

• With a Blow-or-Unity condition:
    • 40% damage reduction on opponent's first attack
    • Follow-up prevention
    • 7 HP recovery after combat

As expected, he got a guaranteed follow-up. In addition, he gets the kitchen sink.

Yeah, no complaints.

Legendary Lilina: Studied Forblaze

Base effect is updated:

• Slaying effect
  • Time's Pulse 3 (previously Quickened Pulse)
    • +6 Atk/Res in combat
    • Hardy Bearing effect

Refine effect is:

• +5 Atk/Res in combat
    • Guaranteed follow-up
    • Additional damage equal to 15% of Res, includes AoE Specials
    • 30% damage reduction on opponent's first attack

For reference, her remix gives her and allies within Ploy 4 range Canto (1) as a status effect after combat. The damage dealt by Gifted Magic is also boosted to match that of the Growing series of Special skills. Her new skill is Sabotage A/R 3, which is an upgrade of her existing Sabotage Res 3.

As I hoped, her Quickened Pulse was upgraded to Time's Pulse 3, which prevents enemies with Guard or post-combat Special drain from blocking her Special on the next turn.

Otherwise, she got more damage, a guaranteed follow-up, and first-attack damage reduction, which are all par for the course. That's not much, but AoE Special builds don't need much to begin with, so this is all just icing on the cake.

Kiria: Mirage Rod

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • -6 Atk/Res in combat to opponents within 2 spaces
    • Guaranteed follow-up (new)
    • 75% damage reduction on opponent's follow-up attacks (new)

Refine effect is:

• At start of turn, applies the following status effects on enemies in Ploy 4 range:
    • -6 Atk/Res
    • Sabotage
  • With a Stance condition or if opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat:
    • -5 Atk/Res to opponent in combat
    • Additional damage equal to 15% of Atk, excludes AoE Specials
    • 7 HP recovery after combat

Guaranteed follow-up it is. Also stat penalties and Sabotage with no condition. It looks like they really want you to run something other than Sabotage A/R 3 in her B slot.

I was not expecting damage reduction on follow-up attacks, as there are very few units with that effect, but now that we have Remote skills, it's probably a decently valuable effect, considering how well Brave Edelgard makes use of it.

Other than that, more stats, more damage, and post-combat HP recovery. Given the crazy counterattacks that I've seen Bride Cecilia tank with a Sabotage-Ploy build, Kiria is probably going to be pretty tanky, especially since she doesn't need a stat comparison to land the Sabotage effect on enemies.

Young Minerva: Dragoon Axe

Base effect is updated:

• Slaying effect
  • With a Stance condition (new) or if opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat (previously 100%):
    • Guard effect
    • 7 HP recovery after combat (new)

Refine effect is:

• At start of turn, with a Unity condition, grants the following status effects to unit and allies within 2 spaces:
    • +6 Atk/Spd
    • +1 Special charge rate
  • With a Finish condition:
    • Null Follow-Up effect

That is most definitely not enough extra stats. Her base Spd with maximum Dragonflowers is already 7 points behind the current leader among axe fliers, and that's before accounting for the fact that Duo Anna gains an insane amount of Spd from her weapon. 8 points of in-combat Spd is not enough if they're giving her Null Follow-Up instead of a guaranteed follow-up.

The effects themselves would actually be decent if Minerva's base stats were more comparable to more recent units, but the effects are only decent, and her stats are not comparable to recent units.

Young Merric: Winds of Change

Base effect is updated:

• Effective damage against fliers
  • Slaying effect
  • If unit has a Bonus (previously stat bonus) or HP is 50% or higher at start of combat:
    • +5 Atk/Spd in combat
    • Null Follow-Up effect
    • Additional damage equal to 15% of Spd, excludes AoE Specials (new)

Refine effect is:

• +5 Atk/Spd in combat
    • Offensive Tempo effect
    • Nullifies opponent's stat bonuses to Spd/Res
    • Nullifies opponent's non-Special percentage damage reduction when unit's Special activates, excludes AoE Specials

No Phantom Spd is a bit of a bummer since that leaves him vulnerable to opponents with Dodge 4 skills and other units that have Phantom Spd on a non-Sacred-Seal skill slot.

Also no Time's Pulse 4, which is also a bummer. Sure, Tempo does almost the same thing, but the difference is that if he kills the opponent on the first hit, his Special doesn't activate and doesn't heal the entire team.

The refine itself is really good, but my problem with it is that Merric has the tools to play an interesting role that other units can't do, and his refine just makes him generally better without having any effects that specifically make him better at that role.

Leila: Constant Dagger

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Spd
  • With a Blow-or-Unity condition (previously Blow condition):
    • +5 Atk/Spd in combat
    • Additional damage equal to 10% of Spd, excludes AoE Specials (new)
    • If unit's Spd is higher than opponent's Spd (new) or if unit's support partner is within 2 spaces (existing):
      • Sweep effect
  • With a Blow condition and if unit's support partner is within 2 spaces:
    • Swaps positions with support partner after combat
  • Dagger common effect

Refine effect is:

• At start of turn, inflicts the following status effects on closest enemies within 5 spaces and enemies within 2 spaces of those enemies:
    • -6 Spd/Def
    • Discord
    • +5 Atk/Spd
    • +1 Special charge rate
    • With a Blow condition and if unit attacked in combat:
      • Deals 7 damage to opponent and enemies within 2 spaces of opponent after combat

I'm a bit disappointed that she doesn't get the ability to teleport to her support partner and/or vice versa.

Otherwise, she gets a new condition on her Sweep effect that allows it to be used without the need for a support partner, Pain+, and a bunch of unconditional Penalties.

Also +1 Special charge rate to make it a bit easier to charge a Special with her Sweep effect. She can now run Lethality with Special Spiral if she wants to, though I'm not sure I'd actually recommend that.

Legendary Female Corrin:

Base effect is updated:

• Slaying effect
  • With a Stance condition or if opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat (previously 100%):
    • +1 Special charge rate
    • 7 flat damage reduction on opponent's non-follow-up attacks (new)

Refine effect is:

• If unit is equipped with a Special that activates on the opponent's attack:
    • -2 Special cooldown at start of turn 1
    • Offensive Tempo effect
    • 30% damage reduction on opponent's AoE Specials and opponent's attacks

For reference, her remix fully charges her Special immediately after activation if the opponent has the Brave effect and slightly boosts its damage and damage reduction effects. Her new skill is Guard 4, replacing Shield Pulse.

As expected, Shield Pulse is moved to her weapon. She also straight-up steals the flat damage reduction from Brave Corrin's Realms United, 30% damage reduction on all attacks from Vallastone, and 7 HP recovery after combat from Counter Roar 4. In addition, she also gets Tempo to make it harder for the opponent to stop her from charging Negating Fang and 30% damage reduction against AoE Specials.

The one thing that's notably missing from her kit, though, is Null Follow-Up, which is a bit awkward. She would certainly prefer to run Counter Roar 4 over her new Guard 4, but she'll probably end up having to run Mag. Null Follow instead. That's not a bad thing since half percentage damage reduction nullification is a good effect to have, but Counter Roar 4 is just a really good skill that she'll have to pass up on.

Overall thoughts

Lilina's and Ferdinand's are solid.

Corrin's is good, if a bit awkward in terms of how to build her now.

No real complaints about Leila's.

Kiria's also looks good, though I'll probably want to test her bulk.

Merric's is good, but I wish it catered more to his exclusive Special's healing effect.

Minerva's is disappointing. Her base stats simply aren't good enough to run Null Follow-Up without additional Spd support.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Did we already know that the next batch is Young Caeda, Fiora, Bernadetta, Ashnard, and Rinkah, along with Reginn and Triandra?

No, they just put up the Ver. 8.2 update notification at the top of this hour.

Too bad I didn't share my prediction here, because I mentioned it on discord with my friends and I got everyone right.

Anyway... I am only interested on the Mythic Heroes. 

In March, we will have more two Mythics on Seiros and Dagr. Both need help.

Oh nice. Feather Sword refine. That's the first refine in a looooong time I'm actually excited about as I still actively use my Young Shiida on a flying team where she is the lynchpin.

I apparently completely forgot to look at the refines due to being busy.

Only one new weapon for translation notes, but also a new keyword:

Airborne Spear is "穢れなき白槍" (kegarenaki byakusō), "Unstained White Lance".

Phantom is "虚勢" (kyosei), "Bluff".

Fiora: Airborne Spear

Base effect is:

• Null Follow-Up effect
    • Dragon Wall 3

Refine is:

• Tempo effect
    • Recover 7 HP after combat
    • If unit is equipped with a Special that activates on unit's own attacks:
      • If unit's Spd+Res is equal to or higher than opponent's Spd+Res−5, ignoring Phantom stats:
        • -2 Special cooldown before unit's first attack

Fiora's Spd stat is falling behind at this point, and +8 Spd isn't really going to be enough to help her keep up, especially now that most recently released fast units not only have the obligatory +5 Spd, but also have a gigantic conditional boost with a stupidly easy-to-meet condition. It doesn't help that they clearly want her to run Pegasus Flight 4, but Pegasus Flight 4 doesn't grant a Spd boost.

The pre-combat Pulse effect is also in a very awkward position. If she can't perform a follow-up, she's stuck only able to land Ruptured Sky. If she can perform a follow-up, she can run Glacies or Astra, which would pair well with Gambit 4, but she probably still wants Brash Assault 4 instead just to land the follow-up in the first place. But if you're confident in landing the follow-up, it might be better to run Aerial Maneuvers with No Quarter. Or maybe just Brash Assault 4 with No Quarter.

It's a good weapon. It's just that Fiora's Spd isn't quite good enough to make the most of it, at least against fast units. If you build her specifically to function against slow units, I think it'll probably work.

Reginn: Lyngheidr

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Spd
  • On turns 1-4:
    • Canto (3)
    • +6 Atk/Spd in combat
    • +4 Def/Res in combat (new)
    • Nullifies stat penalties to Atk/Spd (new)
    • 40% damage reduction on opponent's non-follow-up attacks (previously 30% on opponent's first attack)

Refine effect is:

• Null Follow-Up effect
    • Additional damage equal to 20% of Spd, excluding AoE Specials

For reference, her remix fully charges her Special at the start of turn 4 and increases its damage from 15 to 20. Her new skill is Panic Smoke 4, which is an upgrade of her existing Panic Smoke 3.

Overall grants +4/4/8/8 over her base weapon, about 14 points of additional damage, Null Follow-Up, stat penalty nullification to Atk/Spd, and upgrades her damage reduction from 30% to 40% and applies it against the Brave effect.

Reginn was already a good candidate for Flared Sparrow, and now that she has Null Follow-Up on her weapon, her B slot is now open to run Assassin's Strike. The additional damage based on her Spd deals damage comparable to a 2-cooldown Special that activates on every attack, so she's still going to hit hard even if Seidr Shell isn't charged.

Absolutely nothing to complain about here.

Young Caeda: Feather Sword

Base effect is updated:

• Effective damage against sword, lance, axe, colorless bow, and armor
  • Permanent +3 Atk
  • With a Stance condition or if opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat:
    • +4 to all stats in combat (new)
    • Null Follow-Up effect (new)
  • If HP is 90% or lower (previously 75%) or if opponent is sword, lance, axe, colorless bow, or armor:
    • With a Stance condition:
      • Vantage effect

Refine effect is:

• Canto (2)
    • Increases Atk/Spd in combat by 3 times the number of allies within 3 spaces, maximum +6
    • 40% damage reduction on opponent's non-follow-up attacks

Overall gains +8 to all stats over her base weapon, an additional +6/6/0/0 if there are 2 allies within 3 spaces, Null Follow-Up, Canto (2), and 40% damage reduction on non-follow-up attacks.

Interestingly, despite her weapon now granting an absolutely massive +17 to Atk, it's only really on par with other modern units, a testament both to how low Caeda's base Atk is and to how insane recent premium units' weapons have gotten. That said, par is more than sufficient when you have effective damage against a lot of common weapon types.

Meanwhile, the +14 Spd essentially secures her position as the fastest sword flier currently in the game, though Legendary Elincia can still challenge it.

The only real disappointment is that her weapon doesn't grant her any of its effects as status effects, as she would love to run Prime instead of the weaker Distant Solo.

Less important are that she doesn't get Null C-Disrupt or percentage damage reduction nullification, both of which would make her much better against some of the more obnoxious units that were released recently.

Fallen Ashnard: Gurgurant

Base effect is updated:

• Nullifies opponent's effective damage against fliers
  • Permanent +3 Def
  • Inflicts the following effects on opponents within 4 spaces in combat (previously 2 spaces):
    • -5 Atk/Def
    • Nullifies stat bonuses to Atk/Def (new)
    • Follow-up prevention (new)
    • Guard effect (new)

Refine effect is:

• With a Stance condition or if opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat:
    • -5 Atk/Def in combat
    • Reduces opponent's Atk/Def in combat by 15% of unit's Def at start of combat
    • 30% damage reduction, excluding AoE Specials

The refine extends the range of his Rein effect from 2 to 4 and adds stat bonus nullification to Atk/Def, follow-up prevention, and Guard to it. He also gets an additional +11~12 or so Atk/Def/Res based on his Def stat and 30% damage reduction to all attacks.

The improved Rein effect is really cool and even more so due to the fact that its range was increased to 4, which is huge and makes him a really good support unit.

Unfortunately, without any source of flat damage reduction, he's probably not surviving on enemy phase in the current state of the game, but he can probably function well enough on player phase with the sheer power he can get from Brash Assault 4 and the large effective Atk boost he gets from his weapon.

Rinkah: Rinkah's Club

Base effect is updated:

• Slaying effect
  • If HP is 99% or lower at start of combat (existing), if opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat (new), or with a Stance condition (existing):
    • +5 Atk/Def in combat
    • +4 Spd/Res in combat (new)
    • +1 Special charge rate (previously only on opponent's attacks)
    • Flat damage reduction on opponent's non-follow-up attacks equal to 15% of Def (new)

Refine effect is:

• If there is an ally within 3 spaces:
    • 7 HP recovery on unit's attacks
    • Ice Mirror effect on opponent's first attack

Is this the first time we've had a weapon grant both flat and percentage damage reduction? I'm pretty sure all previous weapons with flat damage reduction didn't include percentage damage reduction and relied on passive skills for that effect.

Rinkah is getting about 7~8 flat damage reduction on top of 40% damage reduction and has the Ice Mirror effect and heals on each of her attacks. She also has the Slaying effect with +1 Special charge rate, which makes her a perfect candidate for Godlike Reflexes, which also capitalizes on the Ice Mirror effect.

Her only real issue is that her Spd stat can't quite match up against the fastest units currently in the game, and running a Dodge 4 skill to gain Phantom Spd means she can't get the benefits of Phys. Null Follow, which has 2 effects that she really wants.

Basically 5-star Echidna.

Triandra: Flower of Sorrow

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • Inflicts the following effects on opponents in Ploy range in combat:
    • -5 Def/Res (previously -4)
  • If opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat or if there are no enemies within 2 spaces of opponent:
    • -4 Atk/Spd/Res on opponent in combat (new)

Refine effect is:

• -4 Atk/Spd/Res on opponent in combat
    • Guaranteed follow-up
    • If unit attacked in combat:
      • Inflicts 10 damage to opponent and enemies within 2 spaces of opponent

For reference, her remix adds Discord to the status effects inflicted by her dance skill and increases the stat penalties inflicted from -3 to -5. Her new skill is Firestorm Dance 3, replacing her existing Aerobatics 3.

As she is primarily a dancer, she doesn't really need combat effects in order to function, so they are generally just icing for her. As expected, she gets a post-combat effect, and it's splash damage, though it's a bit disappointing that she doesn't also inflict Deep Wounds.

Bernadetta: Persecution Bow

Base effect is updated:

• Bow common effect
  • Permanent +3 Atk
  • If unit has a Penalty at start of combat or if HP is 99% or lower at start of combat:
    • +5 Atk/Spd in combat
    • With a Blow condition:
      • Desperation effect

Refine effect is:

• With a Unity condition at start of turn:
    • Inflicts 1 damage on unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit
    • -1 Special cooldown
  • With a Blow condition or if opponent's HP is 75% or higher:
    • +5 Atk/Spd in combat
    • Increases Atk/Spd in combat by 2 times unit's current damage taken, maximum +10
    • +1 Special charge rate

As expected, she gets the same team damage effect that Hrist has except it's no longer restricted to when she's at full HP.

Interestingly, she gets a guaranteed follow-up instead of Null Follow-Up, though given that her base Spd is starting to fall behind a bit, it's probably better this way.

The -1 Special cooldown at the start of each turn and +1 Special charge rate is clearly there to let her actually run Deadeye despite having the Desperation effect. Additionally, because it's at the start of each turn, she can wait a few turns to simply have it fully charge on its own while at the same time racking up damage to fuel her refine's effect of boosting her Atk/Spd by 2 points for each point of damage she currently has.

Very interesting refine overall. Given that Push 4 is now outclassed pretty heavily by newer A skills, she actually probably wants to run the Fury Sacred Seal to help her rack up recoil damage, and since this means giving up another 2-3 points of Spd from the Sacred Seal slot, it does make a bit more sense to give her a guaranteed follow-up instead of Null Follow-Up. Like with Reginn, she has her skill slots completely freed up now to run Flared Sparrow + Assassin's Strike.

Overall thoughts:

Fiora's weapon is really the only one that I have real apprehensions about, and this is a case where it has a lot of good skill effects, but is simply missing out on stat boosts. She'll probably be fine as a wall breaker, but have worse match-ups against fast units. It's a bit interesting that Fiora, Rinkah, and Bernadetta all have almost the same base Spd stat as each other, but Bernadetta got a guaranteed follow-up, Fiora got Null Follow-Up, and Rinkah got neither.

Ashnard's is probably a bit lacking for his own combat performance since the current state of the game isn't all that nice to slow units that don't have a one-hit-kill mechanic, but its support effects are no joke. I can absolutely see running him with Aerial Maneuvers just to serve as a Rein bot.

Triandra doesn't get much to help with her own combat performance, but as a dancer, the boosts to her dance skill from her remix are already good enough.

The other weapons are all pretty solid.

• 3 weeks later...

Midori gets a new weapon, so we get translation notes:

Lucky Bow is "おまじないの弓" (omajinai no yumi), "Good-Luck-Charm Bow".

And the usual hopes and predictions:

Midori: Lucky Bow

Currently has Spendthrift Bow, which grants +7 Atk to the unit, inflicts -7 Atk to the opponent, and drains 2 cooldown from the unit after combat if the unit attacked.

Despite how long ago Midori was released, with maximum Dragonflowers, she still matches Wil's offenses and has his defenses, but with Def and Res reversed. As such, she still has one of the highest base Atk stats among bows.

A guaranteed follow-up is pretty much a given. If they want her to keep her really outdated Close Foil, they should probably give her some form of follow-up prevention, possibly in the form of raising the natural follow-up threshold, as well as giving her a substantial amount of damage reduction.

Seiros: Aurora Breath

Current effect is:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • With a Blow condition:
    • +6 Atk in combat
    • Guaranteed follow-up
  • With a Stance condition:
    • +6 Def/Res in combat
    • Follow-up prevention

For reference, her remix gives her 30% damage reduction and +1 Special charge rate along with huge improvements to her support abilities. Her new skill is Atk/Res Scowl 4, replacing Mirror Impact.

+1 Special charge rate is interesting because most of the preferred Specials for dragons, namely Aether and Dragon's Roar, have an odd maximum cooldown, which I'm hoping means that there's a chance she'll get the Slaying effect to make the cooldown line up better.

Scowl 4 replacing Mirror Impact makes it somewhat likely that they'll move the follow-up prevention on player phase to her weapon, which means there's also a chance that they'll also just give her a guaranteed follow-up on enemy phase.

Fallen Male Corrin: Brutal Breath

Current effect is:

• Permanent +3 Spd
  • If there are no more than 2 allies within 2 spaces:
    • +1 to all stats in combat
  • If there is no more than 1 ally within 2 spaces:
    • +2 to all stats in combat
    • Guard effect
  • If there are no allies within 2 spaces:

Corrin already has Null Follow-Up in his B slot by default, but as a dragon, there are way better skills out there that he wants. Either they'll move Null Follow-Up onto his weapon (possibly giving it the full Mag. Null Follow effect), or they'll give him something like Counter Roar 4's effect. I'm thinking the former is more likely since it would be kind of nuts to give him Counter Roar 4 on his weapon and then let him run a second stack of it in his B slot.

I can also see them simplifying his base weapon's stat boost to just an Alarm condition to make it easier to use.

Dagr: Skinfaxi

Current effect is:

• Unity effect for all stats
  • Permanent +3 Spd
  • Pathfinder

For reference, her remix gives her the secondary effect of Phys. Null Follow and effectively some additional stats. Her new skill is Atk/Spd Hexblade, replacing Atk/Spd Push 4.

Her remix is extremely tame, so I'm guessing they'll do the brunt of the improvements to her kit through her refine. As the player-phase-focused twin, I'm expecting her to get some of the typical offensive skill effects, like Tempo and damage reduction on the opponent's non-follow-up attacks. As mentioned in the remix thread, it would also be nice if they gave her Canto and Disarm Trap, though the latter is rather unlikely.

Also as mentioned in the remix thread, since her weapon has the Unity effect it would be nice if it could either use stat penalties on allies to power it or simply steal them from allies. Alternatively, granting Grand Strategy to herself and allies would also be really nice to have.

Annette: Crusher

Current effect is:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • Targets the lower of Def or Res
  • When using a Rally Assist, excludes when target is a range-2 cavalry:
    • Grants +1 movement to target as a status effect

Please give her Assist Galeforce.

It's also pretty common nowadays for on-Assist effects to also grant more status effects or inflict more status effects. Dodge would be cool. Granting the same status effects to herself would also be cool.

Duo Micaiah: Joyful Vows

Current effect is:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • Effective damage against armor and cavalry
  • If unit has a Bonus:
    • +6 Atk/Res in combat
    • With a Blow condition:
      • Follow-up prevention

Almost certainly will get a guaranteed follow-up. Will likely also get one or both of the Desperation effect and damage reduction on the opponent's first attack since the other Micaiahs have been getting those effects, and this one doesn't have Prescience.

This is the Micaiah that grants Dominance to herself and allies with her Duo skill, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more effects that rely on having a Bonus or the opponent having stat penalties. It would also be nice if she got an effect that grants herself a non-stat Bonus without needing to use her Duo skill or run Oath 4, as it would be nice to be able to run Ploy 4 or something similar on her.

Gangrel: Levin Dagger

Current effect is:

• If opponent has a Penalty:
    • Additional damage equal to 20% of Res
  • Permanent +3 Res
  • Dagger (7)

Gangrel is most notable for having a gigantic HP stat in exchange for his other stats being pretty unnoteworthy. He has Panic Ploy by default to make use of his HP, but it would be nice to have some more effects based off of it, especially if he can use his max HP instead of his current HP. It would also be nice to get an effect that replaces all comparisons with his current HP to use his max HP instead as well as a Phantom HP effect.

Other than that, I'm not sure what they'd want to do with him, as he's extremely unremarkable otherwise. His weapon granting him additional damage based on his Res is also kind of laughable considering his Res isn't even good.

Refines are out now.

Midori: Lucky Bow

Base effect is:

• Bow common effect
    • +7 Atk in combat
    • -7 Atk to opponent in combat
    • Additional damage equal to 15% of Atk
    • Flat damage reduction equal to 15% of Atk, excludes AoE Specials
    • If unit attacked in combat, +2 Special cooldown after combat

Refine effect is:

• At start of turn, with a Unity condition:
    • Removes Penalties on unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit, excludes Penalties inflicted at start of this turn
    • 10 HP recovery to unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit
    • Guaranteed follow-up
    • Follow-up prevention

Midori unfortunately keeps the drawback of Spendthrift Bow, but gets sizable boosts to her damage and bulk. Thankfully, there are enough ways to deal with it nowadays.

She functionally gets +15/8/15/15 plus something like 13~15 or so additional damage and flat damage reduction. Unfortunately, due to being a ranged unit, her only real source of percentage damage reduction on enemy phase comes from skills like Guard 4 and Null C-Disrupt 4, which are less powerful than what are available to other classes.

She also gets both Even Recovery 2 and Odd Recovery 2 that also applies to herself, which is really neat.

Seiros: Aurora Breath

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • +6 Atk/Def/Res in combat (Atk previously with a Blow condition, Def/Res previously with a Stance condition)
  • Guaranteed follow-up (previously with a Blow condition)
  • Follow-up prevention (previously with a Stance condition)
  • Guard effect (new)

Refine effect is:

• Slaying effect
    • +4 Atk/Def/Res in combat
    • Additional damage on first attack equal to 15% of opponent's Res, excludes AoE Specials
    • Dragon Wall 3

For reference, her remix gives her 30% damage reduction and +1 Special charge rate along with huge improvements to her support abilities. Her new skill is Atk/Res Scowl 4, replacing Mirror Impact.

As expected, she gets the Slaying effect to give Dragon's Roar or Aether an even cooldown to line up more nicely with the +1 Special charge rate from Wings of Light+. Also as expected, all of the effects on her base weapon are now unconditional, which is really nice.

She also gets Dragon Wall 3 on her weapon, which makes it really easy to swap out Dragon Wall 3 from her B slot for Counter Roar 4.

In addition, she gets Guard, half of a Moonbow on her first attack, and post-combat regeneration. Good stuff overall.

Fallen Male Corrin: Brutal Breath

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Spd
  • +4 to all stats in combat (new)
  • If there are no more than 3 allies within 1 space:
    • +1 to all stats in combat (new)
  • If there are no more than 2 allies within 1 space (previously 2 spaces):
    • +2 to all stats in combat (previously +1)
  • If there is no more than 1 ally within 1 space (previously 2 spaces):
  • If there are no allies within 1 spaces (previously 2 spaces):
  • Guard effect (previously only if there is no more than 1 ally within 2 spaces)

Refine effect is:

• At start of turn, If there are no more than 2 allies within 1 space, grants the following status effects to unit:
    • +6 Atk/Spd
    • Dodge
    • Dull
    • Additional damage equal to 20% of Spd, excludes AoE Specials

I'm a bit surprised they didn't give him Null Follow-Up on his weapon, which means he's stuck running it in his B slot. In exchange, he gets Dodge as a status effect to give him damage reduction and post-combat regeneration to make up for not being able to run Counter Roar.

Interestingly, they also gave him what is functionally Incite Atk/Spd, but with Dull and the aforementioned Dodge instead of Incite as the non-stat status effects, which directly overlaps with his default Rouse Spd/Def.

The positioning-dependent stat boosts on his weapon's base effect were also made easier to activate by reducing the condition range from 2 spaces to 1 space. The Guard effect was also made unconditional.

It's worth noting that he doesn't get the Slaying effect, which means he'll probably want to run Time's Pulse 4 or Emblem Marth to get a 2-cooldown Dragon's Roar. It looks like Time's Pulse 4 is what they're intending you to run on him since the stat bonuses on his refine effect overlap with the Atk/Spd versions of Oath/Pledge/Incite, making them less worth running.

Dagr: Skinfaxi

Base effect is updated:

• At start of turn, grants the following status effects to support partner; if unit has more than 1 support partner, this effect doesn't activate:
    • Pathfinder (new)
    • Unity effect for all stats
  • Permanent +3 Spd
  • Pathfinder

Refine effect is:

• -4 Atk/Spd/Def to opponent in combat
    • In-combat Panic effect to opponent's Atk/Spd/Def
    • Additional damage equal to 10% of Atk, excludes AoE Specials

For reference, her remix gives her the secondary effect of Phys. Null Follow and effectively some additional stats. Her new skill is Atk/Spd Hexblade, replacing Atk/Spd Push 4.

The only update to her base effect is that she also grants Pathfinder to her support partner as long as there is only one of them, which is really helpful. Thankfully, Nott won't be able to do this on Aether Raids defense, though I'm sure they'll find an alternate condition for it, like with Brave Soren's Assign Decoy.

Other than that, she gets an effective +4 to all stats, in-combat Panic on the opponent, 7~8 points of additional damage, and the obligatory 40% damage reduction on the opponent's non-follow-up attacks. No Tempo is a bit unexpected, though she doesn't have any form of Special acceleration, so activating her Special isn't really prioritized.

Having both the Unity and Panic effects in combat is pretty fancy.

Amusingly, she only inflicts penalties to the opponent's Def stat despite getting Hexblade as her new skill. That's not really an issue, but it's a bit inconvenient that it makes it harder to actually make use of the Hexblade effect.

Annette: Crusher

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • Hexblade effect
  • When using a Rally Assist:
    • If target is not a ranged cavalry unit:
      • Grants +1 movement to target as a status effect
    • Galeforce effect (new)

Refine effect is:

• Reduces opponent's Spd/Def/Res in combat by 6 minus their current stat penalty to that stat, minimum 0, only if opponent doesn't nullify stat penalties to that stat
    • Guaranteed follow-up
    • If opponent has a stat penalty to Spd, Def, or Res:
      • Additional damage equal to 15% of Atk, excludes AoE Specials
    • Inflicts -6 Spd/Def/Res to opponent after combat as status effects

She got Galeforce on her Rally. Awesome.

Additionally, she gets a total of +8 to all stats, about 10 points of additional damage, the obligatory 40% damage reduction on the opponent's non-follow-up attacks, a guaranteed follow-up, and a weaker version of Seal Spd 4, Seal Def 4, and Seal Res 4.

No additional effects added to her Rally other than Galeforce, which is a bit of a bummer, but Galeforce is already plenty to help her keep up with more recent Rally-focused support units.

Duo Micaiah: Joyful Vows

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • Effective damage against armor and cavalry
  • If unit has a Bonus (existing) or opponent has a Penalty (new):
    • +6 Atk/Res in combat
    • Boost to Atk in combat equal to highest total stat penalties among opponent and enemies within 2 spaces of opponent
    • Follow-up prevention (previously with a Blow condition)

Refine effect is:

• At start of turn, inflicts the following status effects on enemies with the highest Atk/Spd/Def/Res and enemies within 2 spaces of them:
    • -7 to the respective stat
    • Sabotage
    • +5 Atk/Res in combat
    • Half percentage damage reduction nullification

Getting a guaranteed follow-up was expected. Not getting any defensive effect was not expected.

Instead, she gets a Dominance-like effect that uses the highest value including enemies near the target, a Chill 4 effect for each stat that also inflicts Sabotage, and half percentage damage reduction nullification. I don't see a way out of swapping out either her A or B slot for something with a defensive effect.

It's worth noting that because her weapon's Dominance-like effect is actually a boost to her Atk instead of additional damage, it also gets multiplied by her effective damage against armor and cavalry.

So on the bright side, she does a gajillion damage.

Gangrel: Levin Dagger

Base effect is updated:

• At start of turn, inflicts the following status effects on closest enemies within 5 spaces and enemies within 2 spaces of them:
    • -7 Spd/Res (new)
    • Guard (new)
  • If unit has a Bonus (new) or opponent has a Penalty (existing):
    • Additional damage equal to 20% of Res, includes AoE Specials (not previously specified)
  • Permanent +3 Res
  • Dagger (7)

Refine effect is:

• Hexblade effect
    • Reduces opponent's Atk/Spd/Def/Res by highest stat penalty to that stat among opponent and enemies within 2 spaces of opponent
    • 30% damage reduction on opponent's first attack

He's less unremarkable now.

His weapon now properly has Hexblade on it. It also inflicts -7 Spd/Res to the closest enemy with a 2-radius splash and gives him the Sabotage effect to double that effect, which helps fix his middling Atk stat as long as he actually targets their Res or you have a Def debuffer on the team. His Spd was already not horrible, so this mostly just closes up the gap to help him compete with the fastest units.

His additional damage based on his Res is still pretty funny since his Res still isn't that good, but the 20% scaling does make it at least almost comparable to other stat-based additional damage effects.

The Remote effect on his weapon means he doesn't have to run Remote in the A slot if the 30% is enough, which opens him up to run something else, like Finish 4 or Flash Sparrow.

Overall thoughts

Micaiah's is the only one that really makes me worry since it has no defensive effect on it at all, but given that it's stacking so much extra damage, giving up some offensive effects on her passive skills shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Otherwise, I don't really see any glaring issues with this batch. Even Gangrel's is actually usable, even if he still doesn't stand out compared to other infantry daggers.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Midori unfortunately keeps the drawback of Spendthrift Bow, but gets sizable boosts to her damage and bulk. Thankfully, there are enough ways to deal with it nowadays.

That drawback is pretty bad, and her Refine is not even that crazy to begin with. She is basically stuck running low cooldown Specials. We have Gambit that makes high cooldown Specials really worth considering, but I do not think we have any effects that makes uncharged Specials worth considering.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's worth noting that he doesn't get the Slaying effect, which means he'll probably want to run Time's Pulse 4 or Emblem Marth to get a 2-cooldown Dragon's Roar. It looks like Time's Pulse 4 is what they're intending you to run on him since the stat bonuses on his refine effect overlap with the Atk/Spd versions of Oath/Pledge/Incite, making them less worth running.

Should not Incite be fine since he wants to be alone?

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

That drawback is pretty bad, and her Refine is not even that crazy to begin with. She is basically stuck running low cooldown Specials. We have Gambit that makes high cooldown Specials really worth considering, but I do not think we have any effects that makes uncharged Specials worth considering.

When used as a wall breaker, she can always land Deadeye on her follow-up attack with any Pulse effect in her C slot (Time's Pulse 4, Pulse Up: Blades, or Infantry Pulse 4) or Emblem Marth if the opponent can counterattack. If you don't mind your Special being stopped by defensive Tempo, Pledge will also let her land Deadeye, Dragon Fang, Ignis, or Astra on her follow-up. With Pledge and Emblem Marth, she can even land Aether.

And if you want to play it safe, she always has access to Ruptured Sky + Tempo 4.

Getting your cooldown drained by 2 points after combat is not an issue when builds that let you land 3- and 4-cooldown Specials in every round of combat are commonplace and no longer need to rely on Special Spiral.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Should not Incite be fine since he wants to be alone?

While normally I consider the +3 Atk/Spd in combat from the tier-4 Oath and Rouse skills to be worth using even if the visible +6 Atk/Spd overlaps with an effect on a different skill slot, Fallen Corrin has to deal with the fact that he doesn't have access to a premium 2-cooldown Special. He doesn't have access to Ruptured Sky at all, and he doesn't have the Slaying effect to run Dragon's Roar with 2 cooldown. He also can't reliably activate Aether without both +1 Special charge rate and a Pulse effect.

As a result, if he isn't running Emblem Marth, a Pulse effect in his C slot is more useful to him than the extra stats from Incite.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh wow, they skipped Eremiya to the surprise of......literally nobody.

The quality of Fallen Julia's refine will determine whether or not I pull the trigger on claiming the Forma Fallen Julia. Admittedly, getting her to +5 (currently at +4) merges was already tempting enough.

Oh, good, good. Lysithea is this month. I just pulled the last copy I needed to get her to +10 from this week's Arena ticket, and I need to figure out if I want to use the Atk or Spd Asset merge base.

Here are my usual hopes and predictions, I guess:

Lysithea: Hades Ω

Current effect is:

• Slaying effect
  • With a Blow condition:
    • +4 Atk/Spd in combat
    • If Special is charged at start of combat:
      • +6 Atk in combat

Her weapon essentially forces her to run either Time's Pulse (with a 1-cooldown Special) or Special Spiral (with a 2-cooldown Special), and while she has Time's Pulse 3 by default, it would be nice to free up that slot for something else that grants stats. I would personally like to see her get Special Spiral on her weapon so that she can run Flare instead of Ruptured Sky, but that's probably not going to happen.

Other than that, every other version of her has had the Desperation effect in some slot by default, and it would certainly be nice for this one to get it, too. Null Follow-Up and percentage damage reduction nullification of some sort would also be nice to have if they intend for her to keep her default Lull Spd/Res instead of replacing it with the generally better Mag. Null Follow.

Fallen Julia: Dark Scripture

Current effect is:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • With a Solo condition:
    • -6 Atk/Res to opponent in combat
    • If opponent does not have effective damage against dragons:
      • Guaranteed follow-up

I would not be surprised if they just made her a near duplicate of Legendary Julia and gave her Dragon Wall 3, either stat penalty nullification or the Unity effect, and Close Counter against at least dragons. Plus one new thing that sets her apart to make up for likely not getting effective damage against dragons. Dominance or Sabotage would make sense given her having Panic Smoke 3 by default, though I think it would be more interesting to make her inflict Discord since there still aren't many sources of it.

Jorge: Daniel-Made Bow

Current effect is:

• Bow common effect
  • Slaying effect
  • Grants the following effects to allies within 2 spaces:
    • +5 Atk in combat
  • Inflicts the following effects to enemies within 2 spaces:
    • -5 Atk in combat

The ally effect should be expanded to at least 3 spaces, and the enemy effect really should be expanded to at least 4 spaces or Ploy 4 if they want to be competitive. I can also see them also be upgraded to also apply to Spd.

Otherwise, Jorge's stat spread is basically just Legendary Chrom, but with more HP and Res in exchange for less Atk. Even if they do improve his combat performance, it's unlikely he'll be anywhere near as good as Legendary Chrom, so I hope they just stick to giving him the rudimentary combat effects and then spending the rest of his refine on support effects instead.

Lilith: Astral Breath

Current effect is:

• Permanent +3 Spd
  • Unit can move to a space adjacent to a support partner
  • If unit's support partner is within 3 spaces:

Locking the base effect's stat boost behind being near a support partner seems unlikely for a modern refine, so I'm expecting the base effect to get an additional stat boost with a condition that is not dependent on a support partner on top of the obligatory stats from the refine.

I also expect the teleportation effect to be updated to within 2 spaces of a support partner to match her Fallen version. She also wants Null Follow-Up and some form of defensive effect, noting that her Fallen version has Dive-Bomb 3.

Now that dragons actually have a premium Special that isn't Aether (or Blue Flame), it kind of feels bad to not have any source of Special acceleration to activate Dragon's Roar in a single round of combat. If she doesn't get something for this, it'll feel somewhat lacking, even if everything else is good.

It would also be cool if the teleportation effect worked both ways and let support partners warp to her, but that's probably not going to happen.

Bride Nailah: Bride's Fang

Current effect is:

• Slaying effect
  • If opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat:
    • -5 Atk/Spd/Def to opponent in combat
    • If unit's Special activated during or before combat and unit attacked in combat:
      • -1 Special cooldown after combat
  • Old infantry beast transformation effect with standard condition

Glare is pretty weak nowadays since it's basically just a worse version of Fallen Star, so if they want her to be incentivized to keep it, she kind of needs at least +6 Atk/Spd as visible stat buffs to discourage replacing it with a tier-4 Oath or Rouse skill. Both of her other versions also have Canto to move away after landing Glare's Gravity effect, so it's likely she'll get that, too.

Beasts still don't have a premium Special other than Aether, which is a situation that kind of sucks, so if they want her to actually be able to make use of her weapon's Pulse effect, she really needs percentage damage reduction nullification when her Special activates so that she isn't forced to run Phys. Null Follow or Special Spiral 4. It's a pity she can't run Vital Astra.

Ideally, she just gets a bunch of B-skill effects so that she's free to run a Beast skill or Counter Roar 4 in the B slot over all of the other possible options.

Lysithea: Hades Ω

Base effect is updated:

• Slaying effect
    • +5 Atk/Spd in combat (previously +4)
    • Nullifies stat penalties to Atk/Spd in combat (new)
    • If unit has a Special equipped and cooldown at start of combat is 2 or lower (previously if Special is fully charged at start of combat):
      • +7 Atk/Spd in combat (previously +6 Atk)

Refine effect is:

• With a Blow condition or if opponent is a ranged weapon type:
    • +5 Atk/Spd in combat
    • Additional damage equal to 20% of Spd, excludes AoE Specials
    • Nullifies opponent's stat bonuses to Spd/Res in combat
    • If unit is equipped with a Special that activates on unit's attack:
      • -1 Special cooldown before unit's first attack

Her stat boost is upgraded from +10/4 offenses to a massive +17/17 offenses with somewhere around 15~17 additional damage based on her Spd. Additionally, she nullifies her own offensive stat penalties and the opponent's defensive stat bonuses and gets a Pulse effect before her first attack.

This means she no longer needs to run her default Lull Spd/Res and can now replace it with whatever else she wants in that slot.

The new Special-based condition on her weapon requires her to have a cooldown of 2 or lower at the start of combat and provides a Pulse effect before her first attack. With Ruptured Sky, she'll always land it on the first attack (unless the opponent has a Scowl effect). With Flare, she'll land it on the second attack unless the opponent has Guard, but it can be accelerated to the first attack if you keep a Pulse skill on her. She can theoretically also run Astra with a Pulse skill or Aether with Special Spiral if she really wanted.

It's worth noting that she has no defensive effect at all on her weapon and also no Null Follow-Up on her weapon, so you'll probably want to get both from her passive skill slots.

Fallen Julia: Dark Scripture

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Atk
  • At start of both phases, inflicts the follow status effects to enemies within Ploy 4 range with Res equal to [unit's Res]+5 or lower:
    • -7 Atk/Res (new)
    • Sabotage (new)
    • Deep Wounds (new)
    • Non-Special Miracle nullification (new)
  • With a Stance-or-Solo condition (previously Solo condition):
    • -6 Atk/Res to opponent in combat
    • -4 Spd to opponent in combat (new)
    • Guaranteed follow-up (previously only if opponent doesn't have effective damage against dragons)

Refine effect is:

• -4 Atk/Spd/Res to opponent in combat
    • Follow-up prevention
    • Additional damage equal to 20% of Res, excludes AoE Specials
    • Dragon Wall 3

She now gets Atk/Res Ploy 3 built into her weapon, but with Deep Wounds and Miracle nullification instead of Exposure. Additionally, her in-combat stat boosts were increased from an effective +9/0/6/6 to +13/8/10/10 in addition to about 12~14 additional damage based on her Res. Also, she got a more lenient condition on her guaranteed follow-up and the addition of follow-up prevention and Dragon Wall 3.

Sabotage and Dragon Wall were expected, but I wasn't expecting Deep Wounds or Miracle nullification.

The fact that she basically gets Atk/Res Ploy 3 on her weapon means she don't need to run it in the C slot. She can still run something like Spd/Def Ploy 3 once it's released, but she can alternatively just run Oath 4, Pledge, or Incite instead.

No Slaying effect or any other form of Special acceleration means that she'll probably want to run Ruptured Sky unless you give her Pledge.

Jorge: Daniel-Made Bow

Base effect is updated:

• Bow common effect
  • Slaying effect
  • Grants the following effects to allies within 4 spaces (previously 2 spaces):
    • +5 Atk/Def in combat (previously only Atk)
  • Inflicts the following effects to enemies within 4 spaces (previously 2 spaces):
    • -5 Atk/Def in combat (previously only Atk)
    • Receives guaranteed follow-up from opponents (new)

Refine effect is:

• If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally at start of turn, grants the following status effects to unit and allies within 2 spaces:
    • +6 Atk/Spd
    • Hexblade
    • Pledge
    • +5 Atk/Def in combat

Both support effects on the base weapon were expanded to a range of 4 spaces, adds Def to the stats affected, and also causes opponents in range to receive guaranteed follow-ups similar to Crux. It also grants +6 Atk/Spd, Hexblade, and Pledge to nearby allies at the start of the turn and gives him an additional +5 Atk/Def in combat on top of the effective +5 Atk/Def from the base effect.

They did end up expanding both of his base weapon's area effects up to 4 spaces, but unlike my predictions, the second stat added was Def instead of Spd. Instead, it gains Crux's effect of making enemies in range receive guaranteed follow-ups, which somewhat covers for not granting buffs and debuffs to Spd. That's probably a good thing since Spd creep is pretty ridiculous already.

Granting nearby allies Pledge at the start of the turn is super useful, as there are a lot of unit classes that don't have easy access to the effect and would love to be able to receive it from a teammate.

It's definitely a good thing that they focused his refine on boosting his support effects instead of trying to make him compete with Legendary Chrom in combat performance.

Lilith: Astral Breath

Base effect is updated:

• Permanent +3 Spd
  • Unit can move to a space within 2 spaces of a support partner (previously only adjacent spaces)
  • If unit is within 3 spaces of a support partner at start of turn, grants the following status effects to unit and support partners within 3 spaces:
    • +6 Spd/Def/Res (new)
    • Dodge (new)
  • If unit is within 3 spaces of a support partner:

Refine effect is:

• Boost to all stats in combat equal to number of spaces moved by attacking unit, maximum +4
    • Additional damage in combat equal to highest total stat bonuses on unit or allies within 2 spaces, excludes AoE Specials
    • Null Follow-Up effect

She now grants +6 Spd/Def/Res and Dodge to herself and support partners within 3 spaces at the start of the turn, but only if she has a support partner within 3 spaces. Additionally, she gets post-combat HP recovery, an additional maximum +8 to all stats with Clash-like calculation, the Treachery effect using her own or a nearby ally's stat bonuses, and Null Follow-Up.

I'm a bit surprised that they kept all of her weapon's base effects reliant on her having a support partner on the team and made all of the new effects on her base weapon also reliant on it. I'm also a bit surprised that she gets no Special acceleration of any sort on her weapon, which prevents her from reliably running Dragon's Roar.

Otherwise, she gets what amounts to +31/22/19/19 from just her weapon effects, assuming the maximum Clash effect, which is pretty insane, but almost all of that is reliant on having a support partner and therefore can't be used when controlled by the AI. Which is nice as long as you pretend Summoner Duels don't exist.

Bride Nailah: Bride's Fang

Base effect is updated:

• Slaying effect
  • -1 Special cooldown at start of turn (new)
  • With a Blow condition (new) or if opponent's HP is 75% or higher at start of combat (existing):
    • -5 Atk/Spd/Def to opponent in combat
    • 40% damage reduction on non-follow-up attacks (new)
    • If unit's Special activated during or before combat (previously also required unit to attack in combat):
      • -2 Special cooldown after combat (previously -1)
  • New infantry beast transformation effect with standard condition (previously old effect)

Refine effect is:

• If transformed:
    • Canto (Rem. +1)
  • If unit transforms or is transformed at start of turn, grants the following status effects to unit:
    • Treats all passable terrain as flat ground
    • +1 movement
    • -4 Atk/Spd/Def to opponent in combat
    • Percentage damage reduction nullification when Special activates

Her stat boost is upgraded from an effective +5 to all stats to an effective +9 to all stats. She also gets Pulse at the start of the turn, Special Spiral 4, 40% damage reduction on non-follow-up attacks, Canto, +1 movement, terrain nullification, and HP recovery after combat.

No stat bonuses is a bit of a disappointment, as it means you need to rely on teammates to get stat bonuses if you want to keep Glare. Glare is still worth running sometimes for the old Gravity shenanigans, but Claude does it better, and there are stronger skills to run in the C slot.

She doesn't have Null Follow-Up on her weapon, so it looks like they're trying to push Beast Agility on her, and we don't have the tier-4 version of that yet. However, they did give her both damage reduction and Special Spiral 4 to free up her B slot to run it.

Speaking of Specials, she'll charge 3 points of her Special from her post-combat effect and her start-of-turn effect, and unlike Time's Pulse, the start-of-turn effect activates regardless of her Special cooldown at the time. The infantry beast transformation effect also gives her Tempo, so in the end, she can somehow actually reliably activate Aether on every round of combat, including the first round if you wait a few turns.

She also grants herself 2 Bonuses by herself from her weapon, which means she can very easily fully activate Prime 4 for Distant Counter, too.

Additional thoughts

Lysithea's stat boosts are comical. I'll have to run some tests to see if she can one-shot enough things with that massive boost to Atk and additional damage. With how huge the boost to Spd is, she might not even need a stat-boosting Sacred Seal.

Julia and Jorge have solid support effects. Julia looks like a solid combat debuffer, and Jorge is a new source of the Pledge effect for units that don't have easy access to it themselves.

I'm a bit mixed on Lilith, but that's mostly because she's still stuck without a good way to activate Dragon's Roar and is still almost entirely reliant on having a support partner on her team, which tempers the fact that her stat boosts are almost as high as Lysithea's, but actually has defensive effects and Null Follow-Up.

Nailah looks solid, even if the stat boosts aren't crazy like Lysithea's and Lilith's and are more normal-looking for a refine. She's got basically every effect that boosts Specials, and I'd complain that she doesn't have access to any premium Specials if it weren't for the fact that she can reliably activate Aether.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Fallen Julia has been one of my MVPs until at least the end of book V (and I still use her a lot of times), so it's awesome that she's getting such a good refine!

Also, great that there's some justification on spending orbs to try to get Bridal Nailah now, I've always wanted her but after each year it feels like I'll be wasting orbs because I only wanted her cause I like her art and character anyway (and I'm not too much into building units so I'd be using her with her base kit or ay least no premium skill inherited from anyone), but now the refine totally justifies it!

Hm... I remember Weapon Refine updates usually include Legendary and/or Mythic Heroes too. Are they spacing it out more and slowing that down?