Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

SB.

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Congratulations!

Reveal hidden contents

But you died.

Reveal hidden contents

Killed by the scum you were supposed to roleblock.

Reveal hidden contents

Just saying.

Reveal hidden contents

Also who said I was rooting for the town?

So you weren't watching this game because I was in it?

I hate you too

Also my death rate is ruined but my 100% win rate remains intact! Ha ha! 

3 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

But regardless good job town! Fastest game I've ever seen. Granted I'm not a Mafia veteran or anything, and only read though a couple games, but still, good job!

Just remember who beat who in my first game (I think that was your first game too?)

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

This was a pretty fun game to spectate, good job guys.

Not sure what to think about there being no misslynches in the game I didn't join though

You're a bad luck charm

• SB. changed the title to Alice in Brexitland Mafia - Game Over

Postgame Part 1

This game started out as an attempt to make a very small game with an ITP. I think originally it was 11p but I could never get an 11p setup which felt right so I moved it up to 12p at first, but then realised that 9/2/1 means things are really hard for anti-town if one of them gets lynched D1 (so is 9/2/2 as it turns out) so I swapped to 9/2/2 and changed the setup's goal to be something 'unpredictable' with the Riddler faction and secret multiball. It's been a long time since we've had a NOC multiball game and almost all of them were fiestas so... I guess this one followed suit. Oh well.

The Riddler faction was a strange brain child of j00's Trump Card role from Big NOCers and some university stuff I was doing. The idea was to make the ITP faction work to unlock their things in order to stay competitive (if the game was closer I would have expected more rolefishing etc from Riddlers in order to sort through their hints but that never happened obviously) and to make them stronger lategame when compared to the mafia who were stronger early. This game was imo fairly easy to rolespec but it didn't give away alignment information, which I think is pretty healthy since it rewards smart scum without placing them at a pregame disadvantage.

For this reason I gave the mafia almost no way to actually interfere with actions, but they had a lot of inferences about the setup that they could make wrt Watcher existing, 2 more docs and an obvMayor, as well as the Rolecop to pull it all together. Meanwhile the Riddlers had less info to work with in the beginning but could actually fuck with town actions, and could hijack kills potentially to make up for their own not coming online until ~D4 (which was what I expected). Both factions had a designated info role to hunt and didn't care as much about the other one.

For the town, the docs and neighbour roles were all meant to be easy Riddler guesses. I added the Watcher because it's one of the only info roles which couldn't bruteforce PoE the scumteam with a dead member and I wanted the RB because only 2 nights of doc in 9/2/2 is kinda low for protection. The Mayor and the RB/Vig were there to give town some lategame insurance considering the game could be potentially spiral out of control very quickly for the town and I didn't want the Vig to activate quickly or the Roleblocker to go late so it made sense to just stuff them into one role. Idk why this claim was doubted, who lies about a vig shot as scum?

Player comments may come later tonight or tomorrow, idk.

Postgame Part 2- The Dead Guys

Bard:

oh good it's 11-pages

It'd be tolerable if people weren't fucking around and doing anti-Town things like WHOOPS I MISREAD and OH SHIT LEMME JUST DISSECT FIVE POSTS QUOTE BY QUOTE THIS SURELY HELPS.

I wish I had a ##SUICIDE power.

Despite being not-town Bard was right about a lot of the D1 posts being unnecessary and that they just made the thread harder to read. He unfortunately caught a case of RLitis and when the wagon swung his way there was no real hope to push the lynch away from him. One thing I would say is that people asking for your opinion on the biggest wagon is valid (forcing players to commit to opinions is good D1 play imo) but otherwise I think you wouldn't have been lynched if you'd stuck around. Hopefully your family is okay.

Eury:

On 05/03/2018 at 9:09 AM, Eurykins said:

I am... attempting to utilize Makaze's ISO reader thing, and while it's working fine, I'm hoping the quoting/linking thing will work as well as I remember being able to do when I actually played Mafia. 

I will confess that I probably did not read a single Eury post in depth this game and just let town do it for me because they were right. I would say wrt the above though that I don't think ISOs (especially 4 pages into the thread) are good way of scumhunting, considering you miss all of the context and it's easy to get tunnel visioned if you rely on them. I know that you were mafia, but still.

Omega:

On 06/03/2018 at 1:14 PM, Omega. said:

Good morning.

I'm having difficulty believing Prims' top scum is Weapons, and I sensed TvS with his original Arcanite push. I'd like to lynch him. I won't cry over Eury, but yeah, I slept on it and want a Prims flip.

Omega played really well this game (baiting both non-town factions to kill him). His scumreads were obviously very good but he was also able to read into the gamestate accurately and found things that others missed while remaining confident in his own reads. The only thing that I would say is that your role-power expectations were a little off but it never affected anything and you're probably just used to other sites meta over SF meta. Good shit, keep it up.

Arcanite:

On 10/03/2018 at 5:36 AM, Arcanite said:

Well I know for sure that I'm who I am and my action went through, so to me it just looks like this is exactly what scum team is trying to do. Make me look bad, get me lynched easy so they won't have to waste a kill on me at night time (and take away my role from town), kill someone else at night time, then you finally lynch Eury Day 3.  

All this does is make Eury look even more scum to me so

Arcanite was a budget bearclaw in this game in that their posts were alright but their night actions (well, N1 action anyway) totally messed up anti-town. I think that you'd do better with more structure to your posts and less quote responses, both for readability and it makes it easier to see any faulty logic before you post it. Still, you essentially made scum lose the game solo, and this was a huge improvement over your first game. Good job for that.

Shinori:

17 hours ago, Shinori said:

Explain please? How so? And why?  An empty vote with no basis or reasoning behind it is poor play and I'm sure you know of this.  Why am I scum?  Do I make sense as Eury's buddy? Do I make sense as Bard's buddy?

I ended up assuming some people would attack me for defending Eury over night so I took the time to look at some things.  I'd like to hear how I make sense as their buddies because I know I'm not and I feel the only thing that connects me to Eury was the fact that I was town reading her and defending her.

I think that your actual play was mostly fine and you played well to save Eury on Day 1, even if it went up in flames later. What I think was suspect though were your night action choices in that you made some fairly weird decisions (sending the scummier nightkiller N1, forgetting about the Watcher) which meant that you really had no way out. It was a tough decision to be in N2 but I think that aiming for the Watcher made more sense than the obvious PR kill when Arcanite realistically couldn't do anything to you anyway.

Prims:

I'm gonna claim vanillized, I think, so that people are more open to the idea of lynching me / shooting me LOL.

Prims got wagoned D1 for reasons that I don't even remember and then managed to bullshit his way into half the town misreading him afterwards which was kinda funny. I don't really know what I would have done differently in your situation so if anyone else has feedback here feel free to give it because I admittedly didn't read Prims too closely after he wasn't a wagon. Thanks for not giving up immediately though because I would have felt awful after Day 1 too.

I'm breaking up this post so I can do other things for a bit and so that SF formatting doesn't explode later and make me cry.

Postgame Part 3 - The Living

BBM:

On 05/03/2018 at 12:26 AM, BBM said:

i agree; wish I could screenshot me telling iris that my role blows

8a3748e5b9cbd98a64cb8c2e3e212ddf.png

BBM's roleclaim was the only thing to happen that I didn't expect (other than the townsweep, but y'know) and his reads were solid all game and I don't have much else to say. Your rolespec sometimes left Iris and I a little confused but you didn't let it cloud your reads so that's fine.

eclipse:

On 09/03/2018 at 12:00 AM, eclipse said:

I made a stupid comment about subbing into Rapier's slot.  Little did I know that it was a prophecy.

eclipse had the funniest sub in for sure. I think that you were reasonably suspicious of the right things wrt players and role interactions and Actually Submitting A Night Action ended the game. I thought it was weird that you were waiting on interactions considering it was confirmed to be 1/1 for scumteams when you had the Shinori guilty but the game was essentially over so it didn't matter by then.

Jaybee:

On 10/03/2018 at 5:29 AM, Jaybee said:

I don't mean to flake but please don't wait for me to be active or post anything unless there is some desperate need for me to hammer??? I'm currently at page 1 and will be busy for the next 10 hours or so.

JB was truly a paragon of townplay this game. I don't think that he ever suspected a townie and he didn't even need to reach 8 pages into Day 1 before achieving ultimate victory. We could all learn a lot from this 8 year old birthday boy.

Via:

On 06/03/2018 at 6:46 AM, Vi-astra said:

bard complains a lot about people not reading enough into interactions/"meat" in the thread for scumreads and people succumbing to their gutvibes on people for someone who has done little to actually read into the game himself--how can you take the refa wagon as just based off D1 shenanigans?? how can you have nothing else to say about anything else happening in the game if you're so against the current wagons

idk it might be the attitude throwing me off but i really don't like it

Via was his usual townie self and used the OC well like in Persona 5 but I think this reads and how he articulated them improved a lot from that game. The only thing I remember you doing which was questionable which was thinking Prims was town for iirc being Deathproof? Even when it hadn't been proven. That being said I don't think Prims would have survived PoE anyway and this was a mistake a couple of players made. Also you were the only player to send me fanart for the game and it made me laugh a lot.

Refa:

On 05/03/2018 at 12:24 AM, Refa said:

Your role kind of blows.  Are you sure it's not a fakeclaim?

Refa spent most of the first day mind melding with BBM and they lynched scummy mafia members together. Otherwise you were widely townread more or less and that's most of what I remember aside from the same Deathproof = town assumption but you and Via were fun to read in the convo. There were a lot of fun to read players in this game, actually, so thanks guys.

Snike:

On 06/03/2018 at 5:50 PM, Snike said:

Aside: I don't know if casing eury wall by wall would be the best way to go about it since (As I think it was Prims who said this) a good deal of her content is theory, so any attempt to go all in would devolve into a theory argument and not really do anything except waste data and space on a webpage. This applies townside or scumside.

This is a very good post that people should read.

Snike owns for responding to the sub request so quickly and picking up a dead slot. You were pretty on point with your reads all game and iirc swung the lynch wagons on D1 towards scum/scum instead of town/scum which led to a series of unfortunate events for the anti-town. although I remember laughing that you pointed out the Eury+Shinori interactions in role pm but then didn't think they were scum for it at first. No harm done though.

Weapons:

I'd probably vote Bard if there was a wagon on him comparable to Prims; I'm wary to vote him for disagreeing philosophies instead of game specific stuff. Idk I just expected more out of him based on hype from the General Discussion thread lol. He hasn't seemed to integrate into the flow of the game well, and his posturing sticks out, which gives me scumvibes, but I'm having trouble getting past how he reminds me of Eury.

Also, in the new meta, scum Weapons will definitely have better jokes, so that's how you can tell.

Weapons said he was trying to change playstyles this game I think it helped to make him a lot easier to read. Stick at it imo because your posts are still really funny. You seemed to ask the right questions to progress the game and get people on the same page which was helpful for town. The only thing that I didn't really get was that your Omega suspicion seemed to last for a pretty long time but idk if this is informed bias talking here. 

I think d1 lynch going onto bard was really more via's work than anything. I spitballed a scumread on bard which then Via picked up and posted on which then lead to the wagon. Weapons also voiced his concerns earlier, but his neighbor was who really got things roller.

Fun game though, probably the most I've enjoyed a mafia game in a while. Good game to all.

i know i was dumb to think prims's claim was town because his ed1 still read to me like demotivated scum and i couldn't shake it off; when i was thinking about it i almost came to the conclusion he was scum faking the vanillizer but there were other things that came in the way (like when i started scumreading shinori) but i should have pursued that more.

hey by the way no harm done or hard feelings but bard's last post before we lynched him "im going to go back to hating myself now" really rubbed me the wrong way and his attitude was not fun to read in the game or scum QT; it didn't really affect me that much and i don't mean to be That Guy but can we maybe discourage talking like that in future games?

(i know the d1 spam was not fun to read but it just sucks going through the thread and it's all just "wow i hate this game" "wow i hate myself" "wow i hate everyone playing this game" "wow can i suicide lol")

Edited by Vi-astra

In a weird, roundabout way, Prims' vanillarizer game lost it for mafia.  Had he not claimed that, I probably would've been on Weapons/BBM instead of Arcanite.

2 hours ago, SB. said:

Arcanite was a budget bearclaw in this game in that their posts were alright but their night actions (well, N1 action anyway) totally messed up anti-town. I think that you'd do better with more structure to your posts and less quote responses, both for readability and it makes it easier to see any faulty logic before you post it. Still, you essentially made scum lose the game solo, and this was a huge improvement over your first game. Good job for that.

I did something right for once

Thank you ~

What would you write for my death flavor text btw? just to sate my curiosity

32 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

What would you write for my death flavor text btw? just to sate my curiosity

tbh I have no idea. I just just wrote the first thing that came to my head for every flip so it would probably be just as shitposty as Iris' flip for you was.

The only exception was that I had a plan for BBM where he kept calling Marth Pikachu and telling him to use Thunderbolt to save him and then Marth just wondering WTF he was doing.

2 hours ago, SB. said:

The only exception was that I had a plan for BBM where he kept calling Marth Pikachu and telling him to use Thunderbolt to save him and then Marth just wondering WTF he was doing.

ORANGE ISLANDS BBM

On 05/03/2018 at 12:06 AM, Bard said:

##VOTE: Prims

Mafia is the game where you lynch your friends, right?

I totally soft-claimed Prims and me being on the same team, I'm disappointed no one lynched him for it.

Other than that, my family's fine. We were hysteric 'cos we thought Grandma's cancer was back.

Again.

But no, it was just a fucking cat allergy gone horribly wrong due to a weakened immune system.

She's fine now. We're all fine.

I hate cats.

Glad to see my scumdar still sorta works, Shinori was actually scum!

I still don't like commenting on people I townread because it's already tedious enough to have to read walls of text! I didn't really feel like Refa was going to be lynched anyway because the case was flimsy, but being ITP makes me stop caring so much about who gets lynched so badly. If I were townie, sure, I'd agree I should've made more than a passing comment on it or more strongly condemned it for what a bogus wagon it was, but as ITP I don't need to give a shit about what anyone's doing so long as it isn't "lynching me or my ally."

Boy, what a Day 1.

57 minutes ago, Bard said:

I hate cats.

BRB, ban.

Good to hear that your grandma will be okay.  Kinda wondering what that looks like, since my body's all sorts of whack, and I've got a cat.  I hope I'm not allergic to my little fuzzball!