• Xander the Pimp
    • Kagero the Ninjabbit
    • Camilla the Naughty Bun
    • Sharena the Bun-Bun Pal
    • Lucina the Eggsalt
    • Catria the Bunnywing
    • Chrom the Helpful Rabbit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/2018 at 05:00 AM

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That made me question as to why I borrowed Birthright from my friend. Imagine playing this game in your class when you're having a break and then a girl decides to take a look at what you're playing. And then that cutscene comes up

Yeah, or your parents look at what you're playing and that cutscene comes up! I was afraid of that the most.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

The problem isn't so much the sexualization itself, it's how over the top and in your face it gets sometimes. Loki is over the top. But Lyn is mild fanservice and doesn't bother me as much (except when she's drawn seemingly underwearless). Then we have Camilla who has a whole cutscene based on shoving her assets in our faces. That's what bothers me.

Understandable, and I'll even admit that that Camilla cutscene was over the top. And I can't even deny that Loki's design is an obvious attempt to appeal to a certain demographic, but again, they're in the minority, even though they appeal to a large demographic. Amongst the Heroes OCs Loki's the only one so overtly out there. Camilla is the only... actually Nohr does have a strange dress code, but Camilla is the only one so overtly out there, even though it'd appeal to a large demographic. Heroes aside, I seriously don't think fanservice is as big an issue in the mainline games as people try to make it out to be. But with Heroes it's a gacha game. Even if some may dislike it, it should at least be understandable why some summonable characters would be clear fanservice, especially in the case of special units.

I purposely showed my mom that Camilla cutscene and her only notable reaction was "... is she the bad guy?"

Also, I don't know why arguments about Camilla keep on coming back to her looks. I just don't like her personality -- never liked the obsessive, yandere-ish character whose main purpose in the story seems to be just that. Does she seem to have an interesting backstory? There are hints of it, but you only get bits of it in selected supports so it feels to me like the game itself focuses on the less interesting aspects of her. I might not like her character design, but I don't think it's a reason to hate her. Now, do I hate the fact that I think her looks and design garner her more sympathy than if she'd been flat but otherwise the same character? Yes, but that is neither here nor there.

2 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Understandable, and I'll even admit that that Camilla cutscene was over the top. And I can't even deny that Loki's design is an obvious attempt to appeal to a certain demographic, but again, they're in the minority, even though they appeal to a large demographic. Amongst the Heroes OCs Loki's the only one so overtly out there. Camilla is the only... actually Nohr does have a strange dress code, but Camilla is the only one so overtly out there, even though it'd appeal to a large demographic. Heroes aside, I seriously don't think fanservice is as big an issue in the mainline games as people try to make it out to be. But with Heroes it's a gacha game. Even if some may dislike it, it should at least be understandable why some summonable characters would be clear fanservice, especially in the case of special units.

Least it's not FGO with some of it's very skimpy and over the top boobs. Some of the art in that game including essence is NSFW.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I purposely showed my mom that Camilla cutscene and her only notable reaction was "... is she the bad guy?"

Also, I don't know why arguments about Camilla keep on coming back to her looks. I just don't like her personality -- never liked the obsessive, yandere-ish character whose main purpose in the story seems to be just that. Does she seem to have an interesting backstory? There are hints of it, but you only get bits of it in selected supports so it feels to me like the game itself focuses on the less interesting aspects of her. I might not like her character design, but I don't think it's a reason to hate her. Now, do I hate the fact that I think her looks and design garner her more sympathy than if she'd been flat but otherwise the same character? Yes, but that is neither here nor there.

Your mom is cool. Mine would laugh at me and make jokes about me playing sex games.

28 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Yeah, I get Heroes being a big cow for fanservice, but the main games should kind of keep it off to the side imo, and even in Heroes, at least give these characters some interesting characteristics instead of just making them walking fanservice and calling it a day. Even Camilla had potential to be a really interesting character, but there was too much focus on her body.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

But he lacks the cleavage

He doesn't need it, he is so beautiful that he deserves to be nr. 1 in any top 10 in regards to things of beauty.

Edited by Hekselka

Not sure who I want to support since I have none of these spring variants. Might just go with Catria for Archanea support and see what happens from there. Catria also seems to be the only Whitewing who is ever in these voting gauntlets.

13 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Catria also seems to be the only Whitewing who is ever in these voting gauntlets.

Even though her big sis got a turn eight months before Catria got her first.

Though speaking of Catria, she is now my definite second choice in the probable event of Lucina losing to Sharena.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Even though her big sis got a turn eight months before Catria got her first.

Though speaking of Catria, she is now my definite second choice in the probable event of Lucina losing to Sharena.

Please be joking.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Please be joking.

Don't mind me. I'm just feeling particularly pessimistic right now because watching the Braves get killed by the Nationals for like the 100th time in as many seasons will do that. I'm still planning to do all I can to bring Lucina glory.

If you were talking about Catria being my second choice though, then I wasn't joking about that.

I know I said I was going for Xander, but having some second thoughts because I have no idea how (un)popular he'll be compared to Alfonse. So I might take the ultra-cynical route and wait for the first hour scores to be tallied to see how each matchup is going.

4 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Wait, which VG was Palla part of? I actually don't remember.

The Wyvern Rider v. Peg Knight one. Though she did lose in Round 1 (to her liege) and that VG is almost a year old now (started April 5th of last year), so I don't blame you for forgetting. 

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

The Wyvern Rider v. Peg Knight one. Though she did lose in Round 1 (to her liege) and that VG is almost a year old now (started April 5th of last year), so I don't blame you for forgetting. 

Oh right thanks for reminding me. I forgot Palla was part of that. All I really remember was being part of Cordelia's team before being crushed in round 2.

Hmm, difficult deciding who I should vote for. Ah, screw it, I'm gonna go for Sharena. I like her, I have her, she's adorable, and she'll probably get me a bunch of feathers.

Now, to decide on my lead.

(Edit) Here's my number: 2751683072

Edited by Inferno lizard

21 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

My guesses for the winners of round 1: Xander, Kagero, Sharena, Chrom

I really doubt both Xander and Chrom advance. If one of them does, it'll be courtesy of the standard-issue multiplier "upset" but it'll only be one of them. That, and I really don't want that to come to pass since Chrom is the only one of those four I have, and he'd definitely lose to Sharena.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I really doubt both Xander and Chrom advance. If one of them does, it'll be courtesy of the standard-issue multiplier "upset" but it'll only be one of them. That, and I really don't want that to come to pass since Chrom is the only one of those four I have, and he'd definitely lose to Sharena.

This is again assuming Sharena wins. Without multiplier shenanigans, that seems unlikely.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I had multipliers in mind