Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

22 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

Do you feel closer to the community in the sense that you like us enough to stay a member of SF for some time to come? I'd feel after an event like that, I'd have a stronger bond with community here. I mean you already have to know enough people to get nominated but that is beside the point @Slumber

It's nice enough to know that people would put me up for something like that.

That said, I left a forum 2 years ago that I had been on for about 10 years after getting interviewed... but the circumstances there were weird. The place was becoming more and more toxic, whereas the toxicity here tends to get localized to certain places.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey: I'm researching various aspects of the internet and I'm wondering if any of you could point out what is probably one of the most toxic places on the web? I don't wanna join it, but I want to observe it. My only experience right now is with Serenes, and I want to know just how good we have it here I guess.

If you want to know the most evil-est and most heinous part of the internet that would be the **** ***. I mean we aren't just talking the break local laws. They break laws across the world. People who get into the **** *** go there for all sort of illegal reasons such as human trafficking, prostitution, steal government information, blackmailing, extorting, hacking on levels that aren't just are jokes but ruin lives (in a way that makes dying the desired option/choice). It also requires skill to even get access to the **** ***. It's such a terrifying place i don't even want to type it's name. I"m just punching in * as a substitute. Like hell i'd bring that kind of attention to myself. Even googling it marks you by government agencies across the world. You bet they are watching your computer. They are downloading every single file as we speak if you googled it and are reading this, crossing it with multiple programs that are fact checking and scanning for who you are, what do you want, what are you planning, if you've even said words like "president". All of which i'm kinda doing since i did google it like 3 minutes to remember the name. They are even watching me and you talk about it RIGHT NOW. You asked for toxic. I just gave you a hint of a place that exists that goes beyond toxic. 

But enough of the boogy man stories to scare good little kids into behaving properly. Its a legit place but your not suppose to get into it unless you have a death wish. I kinda regret talking about it. I'm sure old enough people know what i'm talking about though. I hope nobody ever says it's name on this website. That's unwanted attention.  @SullyMcGully

Edited by Tediz64

I believe criticizing other websites here on SF is worthy of mod intervention. Regardless of the epistemological validity of these criticisms, badmouthing other sites at all unless they actually engaged in real crimes, is verboten. I believe there was a topic about websites that have declined within the past few months, and it was locked, it wasn't outrageously negative, but it was impolite enough to apparently warrant a modding. 

I can understand why the forum rules are such, but at the same time, I think we can generally agree some websites are better than others according to roughly objective criteria. And I can think of one other website featuring FE that vis a vis SF handles discussion of it much more poorly (although some other games are handled well there). But I'm bound from going into any more detail.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I believe criticizing other websites here on SF is worthy of mod intervention. Regardless of the epistemological validity of these criticisms, badmouthing other sites at all unless they actually engaged in real crimes, is verboten. I believe there was a topic about websites that have declined within the past few months, and it was locked, it wasn't outrageously negative, but it was impolite enough to apparently warrant a modding. 

I can understand why the forum rules are such, but at the same time, I think we can generally agree some websites are better than others according to roughly objective criteria. And I can think of one other website featuring FE that vis a vis SF handles discussion of it much more poorly (although some other games are handled well there). But I'm bound from going into any more detail.

is this north korea? you cant state an opinion about how shitty another website is? lol id really love to see where you got this idea

the fact youre minimodding while also incorrectly citing the code of conduct is just killing me here

There's never a bad time or place to piss on--say--Stormfront. Fuck Nazis. They can suck my hairy Hebrew balls, tbh.

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 minutes ago, Belisarius said:

is this north korea? you cant state an opinion about how shitty another website is? lol id really love to see where you got this idea

You wish to know?

The locked topic I meant is this one.

And there was a different topic where I did participated in criticizing a website, I forget if the topic got locked or not, but @eclipse did have some words against it IIRC.

By the way, oh mod whose word I shalt not challenge for I loveth the forest and wish not an exile right now, could you clarify what is acceptable and what is not in this matter?

14 minutes ago, Belisarius said:

the fact youre minimodding while also incorrectly citing the code of conduct is just killing me here

As for charges of minimodding, well I like this topic, and don't want it to be locked. The intended tone of that message was not a strict one, only a suggesting of some caution about what is said.

I have no intentions of being mean or dictatorial at all! Only cautious! More the oppressed trying to tell other oppressed to monitor their behavior lest they be punished for it. Not at all to call SF in any way an oppressor, it is very chill and fair and certainly a good website. And I do sincerely mean that. Do you see the obscene amount I post and visit this site?

...Let's try to find another topic to discuss, but alas, I am without such creative initiative.

8 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Indeed. Thought I was gonna get rained out this weekend--hosting a BBQ and getting that perfect grill weather. Any of you guys BBQ?

My dad does a lot of grilling, and I'm usually his right hand man when he does it, but I haven't taken control of it for myself 

Just the normal grilled stuff, nothing special. Want to try doing grilled corn once, but last time I had it on the cob, well my gums bled a little (although to be fair, I had just gone to the dentist that day- not the best of ideas). Grilling pizza would also be a great thing to try as well, and maybe I could expand into another protein with the one meat permitted by all major non-vegetarian religions (or so I hear)- lamb. I really need to experiment more. 

Fortunately, I have a good place for real BBQ (to be technical for a moment, grilled = hot and fast, barbecued = low and slow) goodness within like a 10 mins drive. I think I'm more beef brisket over pork; in sandwich form of course, ribs are just a needlessly more complicated way of getting at the same meat. Although I do love chicken wings, since I enjoy popping the joints and ripping the tendons and ligaments apart and devouring it all in a playful primal way. Odd since I'm normally not that savage.

Doing a mix of American and Korean BBQ ATM. beef/pork/chicken marinated in Korean BBQ sauce--onions cooked in the juices. Mushrooms and sliced bell peppers wrapped in bacon. Fish cake skewers. Corn on the cob. Haven't even touched the burgers or hot dogs yet--too much food. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Just now, Shoblongoo said:

Doing a mix of American and Korean BBQ ATM. beef/pork/chicken marinated in Korean BBQ sauce. Mushrooms and sliced bell peppers wrapped in bacon. Fish cake skewers. Corn on the cob. Haven't even touched the burgers or hot dogs yet--too much food. 

aside from mushrooms and fish that sounds really good

on the topic of bell peppers you ever had stuffed bell peppers? That's a favorite of mine 

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Wait @Interdimensional Observer Lamb is allowed in a vegetarian diet?

I explicitly said "all major non-vegetarian religions". So Hinduism is still a no for it, although a mystical Hindu sect consisting of holy men who esoterically embrace taboos including meat consumption does exist I believe. However, it is just a small group, the majority of Hindus do not consume meat. Although for Indian McDonalds, chicken is in some cases used instead of veggie patties IIRC. Beef is a no since cows are sacred to Hinduism, and pigs are haram (trans. "forbidden") to Muslims, more of whom live in South and East Asias (India is part of South Asia) than the actual Middle East.

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Doing a mix of American and Korean BBQ ATM. beef/pork/chicken marinated in Korean BBQ sauce. Mushrooms and sliced bell peppers wrapped in bacon. Fish cake skewers.

Just into Korean BBQ and fish cakes? Or is it family ties? Since fish cakes seem like a rather unusual thing for an American to develop a taste for. Still, it's meat, I'd be willing to try. It's protein-less side of things where I'm too shut off. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I explicitly said "all major non-vegetarian religions". So Hinduism is still a no for it, although a mystical Hindu sect consisting of holy men who esoterically embrace taboos including meat consumption does exist I believe. However, it is just a small group, the majority of Hindus do not consume meat. Although for Indian McDonalds, chicken is in some cases used instead of veggie patties IIRC. Beef is a no since cows are sacred to Hinduism, and pigs are haram (trans. "forbidden") to Muslims, more of whom live in South and East Asias (India is part of South Asia) than the actual Middle East.

Just into Korean BBQ and fish cakes? Or is it family ties? Since fish cakes seem like a rather unusual thing for an American to develop a taste for. Still, it's meat, I'd be willing to try. It's protein-less side of things where I'm too shut off. 

Oops

completey read that wrong I'm dumb 

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cooking for a mostly Asian crowd. Got Japanese and Chinese beer too, instead of my usual Blue Moon and Dos Eques accompaniment. (Made sure to get some Victory Golden Monkey just for myself though)

Edited by Shoblongoo

10 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Cooking for a mostly Asian crowd. Got Japanese and Chinese beer too, instead of my usual Blue Moon and Dos Eques accompaniment. (Made sure to get some Victory Golden Monkey just for myself though)

The little I know about Chinese and Japanese cuisine, I do know they have some pretty solid beers.

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

completey read that wrong I'm dumb 

No matter.

Although I don't think I'll ever get a chance to try lamb actually, since someone in the family happens to be opposed to it for some reason. I can only guess it's for the same reason they oppose anyone ordering veal at a restaurant- it's baaaad to eat young animals. Although I doubt a store bought chicken is older than like a year at the slaughterhouse. Oh well. I'll just have to have a gyro with lamb in it without them think it features lamb (since they can be made with beef and pork as well) the next time I go go to an outdoor event offering them or something, I need to try one.

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

(Made sure to get some Victory Golden Monkey just for myself though)

Just to clarify, is that the name of an East Asian beer right? Because a name like that just screams East Asian to me. Should be good though, don't see why in this day and age brewers across the world can't compete at the same level. To the art!

And whatever it is, probably better than this baijiu stuff China has that I've heard of. Apparently the spirit is very strong. Would be fun watching somebody down their first shot of it though, just to see the reaction. 

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

More or less to defend my name because you totally misunderstood me and probably didn't read what i said, but i wasn't talking about a single website. Like for example serebii (which i love by the way since i'm into pokemon). I was talking about an entire SECTION of the internet. Also i explicitly said that they do participate in illegal activities such as ....again i already said them above. I forgot one though and left it out so i'll say it now, assassinations. You can hire mercenaries or hit-man to kill people in that area of the internet. As for the "epistemological" regarding these claims, you can ask anyone who has been alive long enough and has eventually heard of this section of the internet about its validity.  IMO if you don't know about it, that is a good thing. My advice regarding researching that section is keep your nose clean and don't stick it where it doesn't belongs because that area of the internet is like a Christian's version of purgatory/hell. You don't WANT to go there lol. Unless you're evil and have business there. 

I'll stop talking about it though.