What else can we expect yo summon?

Midnox

Well, at this point, we can expect pretty much any kind of summoning. We got seasonal heroes, which are now a tradition, we got the brave heroes, later fallen heroes, two playable final bosses, non seasonal alt versions of heroes (ex "Marth" and Zelgius), non OG legendary heroes, and recently, the Askran are not exempt from being summonable nor seasonal themselves. So, what else can we expect? Well for start, we'll probably get promoted alternative versions of them as separate characters as the main story progresses (in fact, I see this "Power to defeat the Flame Ganondorf" to start it). As I've speculated in a thread previously, we may get FE characters cosplaying as other Nintendo characters, if not those characters themselves as guest LE characters at this point, and just wait until the Smash Switch comes this year. 

I wonder what would happen if they did another remake of an early FE game and the characters designs were significantly different from the original. Would they just make entirely new copies of the entire roster for that game? e.g. What if there was an original Gray in FEH prior to his significant Echoes redesign.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I wonder what would happen if they did another remake of an early FE game and the characters designs were significantly different from the original. Would they just make entirely new copies of the entire roster for that game? e.g. What if there was an original Gray in FEH prior to his significant Echoes redesign.

I was wondering that myself.

But after thinking about it, I have a feeling the characters will probably look similar to their FE Heroes version. In a sense, you could say they've already been designed for potential remakes.

One of the reasons why the characters from Echoes got redesigned is because their original designs were very bland. After that, the characters in Mystery of the Emblem were redesigned for New Mystery of the Emblem. Meanwhile the designs in the Jugdral games are fairly decent as they are (at least if you look at the old TCG), although I think Heroes did a great job of touching them like up (eg. Deirdre and Julia).

Edited by VincentASM

3 hours ago, Midnox said:

later fallen heroes

I'm still not convinced this is a class of its own. Celica and Robin aren't particularly different from Eirika and Chrom as simply normal alternate versions.

I'll echo the hope for Emma, Shade, Yuzu, Randal, Alice, Valjean, and Neve - as it stands, we could easily run two Banners(since they decided normal New Hero Banners don't need four Focus Units anymore) and have the last one be a Tempest Trials Unit, since at least the first four seem to fit Tempest Trials' theme(Boundless Chaos, anyone?) and of the other three, Alice and Valjean had colorless Cost 1 cards implying them to be from either the world of Heroes or the world of Warriors. We don't know enough about Neve yet to make assumptions, but I'm assuming she's Heroes/Warriors too.

26 minutes ago, PB&J said:

Teir ring saga characters? Very unlikely. But imo it would be good as "guest" characters.

That would open up a huge can of worms. Nintendo sued Shouzou Kaga over copyright issues when he created Tear Ring Saga as it was too similar to Fire Emblem.

I'm still just waiting for characters from spinoff games. Cipher, Warriors, TMS#FE, maybe even the FE6 spinoff manga. They've all got characters that would be pretty neat to see in Heroes, and I can't help but think about Itsuki, Rowan, Lianna, and Al every time someone mentions Leif being the last Lord in Heroes.

Admittedly, I could see TMS and Warriors causing issues to do with copyright or whatnot, but at the very least, I'd like to see the Cipher characters, and it irked me greatly that we weren't allowed to vote for them in CYL2, despite their appearance in Echoes.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

That would open up a huge can of worms. Nintendo sued Shouzou Kaga over copyright issues when he created Tear Ring Saga as it was too similar to Fire Emblem.

Is that copyright stuff still intact with teir ring and nintendo? 

7 minutes ago, PB&J said:

Is that copyright stuff still intact with teir ring and nintendo? 

I do not remember how it turned it out, but he made some changes such as giving Berwick Saga a hexagon grid instead of the usual square one.

I am not sure if Shouzou Kaga and Nintendo still have bad blood, but I would not call the relationship cordial enough to reestablish a business relationship.

Characters from other Nintendo IPs such as Link have a higher chance of being added into Heroes than units from Tearring Saga, despite how much I'd love it to happen.

Tearring Saga had some really cool dragons.

I’m still hoping for the rest of the characters from the actual games; if they bring spinoff characters before them I’ll be worried they’re never going to be in heroes :( 

I’m still a little irked that after two Easter banners, (especially with the many Awakening banners recently) still no Panne or Yarne; I’m starting to doubt if we’ll ever get any of the non-dragon shapeshifters. Where are all the laguz? And Kaden and Keaton?

6 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I’m still hoping for the rest of the characters from the actual games; if they bring spinoff characters before them I’ll be worried they’re never going to be in heroes :( 

I’m still a little irked that after two Easter banners, (especially with the many Awakening banners recently) still no Panne or Yarne; I’m starting to doubt if we’ll ever get any of the non-dragon shapeshifters. Where are all the laguz? And Kaden and Keaton?

Bunny Alf and Shaz talk openly about Taguel in some of their dialogue, which some people have taken as foreshadowing.

52 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Many of the highest-scoring characters on CYL 2 not yet in Heroes are 3DS beast shifters: Selkie (21), Keaton (34), Panne (44), Kaden (46), and Velouria (54). (Yarne is a ways lower, at 215.) That in mind, I'm sure they'll start adding them eventually. Adding new weapons for them should be feasible, especially now that we're finally getting our first (sort of) new weapon type since launch, although it might be challenging to implement the weapons in a way that works well and doesn't just make them feel like worse versions of the other melee weapon types. Even if they don't add new weapon types, giving them conventional ones is certainly an option, and in fact the 3DS ones can all access conventional weapons in their own games.

Of the top 60 scores on CYL 2, the ones not yet already available (or announced for the Thracia or CYL banners) are:

• Loki (10)
  • Selkie (21)
  • Owain (26)
  • Laevatein (29)
  • Kliff (33)
  • Keaton (34)
  • Aversa (41)
  • Ishtar (43)
  • Panne (44)
  • Kaden (46)
  • Maribelle (51)
  • Sumia (53)
  • Velouria (54)
  • Tibarn (58)
  • Kaze (59)

Later this year, there will probably be some sort of "Farfetched Heroes 2" banner. The first one had the top-scoring characters not yet released except Micaiah, who was already set for a different banner that came soon afterward. For the second one, I think Heroes OCs would also get a pass (and may end up playable by then anyway, especially with seasonals now as an option) but that leaves a lot of shifters at the top. If they don't get added some other way, it'd be really strange to pass them up on Farfetched Heroes 2 for lower-scoring characters, especially with the option of just giving them regular weapons if it comes down to it.

With all the main lords and most of their closest allies added now with Leif coming soon, it's gonna be hard to guess who's coming when. We're probably gonna keep getting alts for lords like tome Eirika and Legendaries.

There's still high profile banners they could do without repeating characters though. 

There's the second generations from 4, 13, and 14.

The laguz from Tellius.

Most of the shepherds from Awakening. 

The Spotpass characters from Awakening.

Just to name a few ideas. If FE16 does come out this fall, that should hold us over without things getting stale until characters from that game start getting added.

20 hours ago, C. Turtle said:

I'm still just waiting for characters from spinoff games. Cipher, Warriors, TMS#FE, maybe even the FE6 spinoff manga. They've all got characters that would be pretty neat to see in Heroes, and I can't help but think about Itsuki, Rowan, Lianna, and Al every time someone mentions Leif being the last Lord in Heroes.

Admittedly, I could see TMS and Warriors causing issues to do with copyright or whatnot, but at the very least, I'd like to see the Cipher characters, and it irked me greatly that we weren't allowed to vote for them in CYL2, despite their appearance in Echoes.

I don't know any Cypher OC characters, but doubt there'll be any problem for them to appear in the game eventually. Them being Jap exclusive won't be an issue, otherwise we wouldn't get Holy War, Mystery of the Emblem, nor Binding Blade characters. Binding Blade manga shouldn't pose any issue either considering it's OCs weapons appeared in the game. Warriors and Mirage Session's main obstacle would be their ties with other developers, but I think it'll only add a bit more of time and maybe permanently missable if they decide to introduce them. Not sure with Warriors though, as I think there are only 3 OCs in there. Mirage Session they could either add the Mirages, or the people that summons them

17 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Characters from other Nintendo IPs such as Link have a higher chance of being added into Heroes than units from Tearring Saga, despite how much I'd love it to happen.

Tearring Saga had some really cool dragons.

Link will be a little hard considering how dialogue heavy the game is XD. It could be solved by having a FE character cosplaying as him tho. I'm pretty sure other Nintendo IPs will appear in the game this year when Smash comes. After all, Smash is a turning point for FE, and we already got a little bit of it with BRoy and BIke

I would much dislike seeing characters from other franchises in Heroes (save Tearring Saga but that's never happening) but I can't deny it to be a good cash-grabbing opportunity for them and I know that's how the operate.

If they want to pay tribute to Smash, maybe they should just release an alternate version of a FE character using a Super Smash weapon or something. That, I could at least get behind. 

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

I would much dislike seeing characters from other franchises in Heroes (save Tearring Saga but that's never happening) but I can't deny it to be a good cash-grabbing opportunity for them and I know that's how the operate.

If they want to pay tribute to Smash, maybe they should just release an alternate version of a FE character using a Super Smash weapon or something. That, I could at least get behind. 

The human protagonist of  Mystery Dungeon games finding themselves still a Charizard because that's quite a fan fave pokemon that can only talk to Kiran telepathically, wondering why they haven't return to human form yet but says they'll stay and help as they regain their memories. Not to mention USUM already introduced the concept of multiverse....

wait. 

I think promoted versions of characters is likely, though in a way we are already seeing that through alts. So possibly an alt for say Elise in the future as a strategist.

Sooner or later the Askr trio are going to get something. Refinements, update to stats, something. Maybe even Legendary Hero variants. This recent banner shows they arent scared to do variants of them, so we will just have to see.

Laguz/Beast units are going to pop up sooner or later, I guarantee it. Id say probably before the end of the year.

I doubt we will see much outside of FE in the realm of Tear Ring and all that noise. For one Tear Ring is a Kaga project, not Nintendo or FE related, so there isnt even really a connection there outside of the same person who created them.

Maybe TMS, I wouldnt hold my breath. Cipher stands a solid chance at somepoint though. Especially with them finally making it into an FE game with SoV last year. When this might happen, I dont know.

I also think a crossover one day happening isnt unlikely outside of the FE series itself? A lot of Gachas do this, and by a lot I mean almost every gacha out there. FGO, FF, Granblue. They all do crossovers. Fates done it with their own series made by the same writer, Granblue has done it with all kinds of shit, Final Fantasy and their games have done it with several things. FEH definitely might do the same. So I wouldnt be shocked to see a small crossover one day with some other Nintendo related property down the line at the least.

We just got our first Tome Flier outside of seasonals, I hope that maybe we can get an Armor Mage, and some of those other unique combinations down the line. Armor Mage doesnt have many potential users unfortunately, but something like a Bow Flier, or a Staff Flier would work just fine, especially if they are throwing out say an Elincia alt.

6 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Depends on the other franchise, i would for example welcome a Special Heroes banner (like Seasonal) with Zelda, Link, Ganondorf and Hilda. The Franchise has to fit the game theme though.