We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

hey refa do you have a convenient link/compilation of athena's junk push you were talking about or should i just not be lazy and look back for it lol

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vi-astra said:

hey refa do you have a convenient link/compilation of athena's junk push you were talking about or should i just not be lazy and look back for it lol

nope!  one of us has to not be lazy for the team and that person isn't going to be me

On 4/19/2018 at 1:39 AM, Walrein said:

mak's probably town based on what i've seen

i have a semi-strong townread on snike (and a null on satsuma which is good enough for me) so i'd rather not lynch that slot

i'll look into snike/gaius

On 4/19/2018 at 1:42 AM, Walrein said:

haven't seen the push itself but i think mack is probably town based on claimed role alone so my gut reaction is "cmon, man"

On 4/19/2018 at 5:15 PM, Walrein said:

this can die

this is how i re-enter the thread as scum

On 4/19/2018 at 5:26 PM, Walrein said:

more to the point, surely you don't disagree about the sliminess of arc's post

On 4/19/2018 at 5:29 PM, Walrein said:

i got a pretty strong town vibe from snike from like right after he subbed in that i'm riding out for now

i'd have to reread exactly why i had it but i remember it being pretty convincing in my mind

satsuma i haven't seen post in a while. iirc they're somewhat newish? i didn't get newbscum vibes from their d1 posting (which is what i remember lmao)

On 4/19/2018 at 5:39 PM, Walrein said:

Alette (replacing Fenrir Aesir (replacing Anime27Arts))
Arcanite (replacing Weapons)
athena_57
Baldrick (replacing eclipse)
Fable
Kaoz (replacing Bibbon)
Killthestory (replacing Zkirsche)
Lord Gaius (replacing Eärendil)
Mackc2 (replacing Nightmare)
Makaze (replacing zeus_112)
Omega (replacing Marth)
Refa
SatsumaFSoySoy + Snike (replacing Polydeuces)
SullyMcGully (replacing Elieson)
Via

locktown | town w/ confidence | town w/ reservations | shrug emoji | would lynch (PoE/old reads) | would lynch (actual reads)

On 4/19/2018 at 5:43 PM, Walrein said:

less than most

that's entirely a marth-based read

On 4/19/2018 at 5:45 PM, Walrein said:

if i knew exactly what pages i would have been more specific in my initial answer

i read the d1 eod and have skimmed the final votecounts for the others

based on your reactions i'm guessing i missed something

On 4/19/2018 at 5:58 PM, Walrein said:

yeah for some reason i have a hell of a hard time posting on sites that aren't MU

i remember that game fairly well, though, mostly because my reads were pretty garbage and i died anyways

re: Makaze, having against the grain opinions is what i would expect from them regardless of alignment, because that's just him as a person

now, if anyone who flipped scum/is in the scum poe tried to help further that eclipse wagon, that becomes a different issue, but if it's just makaze tossing a wolfread into the void with 0 chance of traction i don't really see the scum agenda

On 4/19/2018 at 6:04 PM, Walrein said:

if mak was the one to initiate the case it could just be opportunistic scum jumping at the chance to expand the poe

of course that could also just be me trying to confbias mak as town but i also just think he's been super villagery in a vacuum

On 4/19/2018 at 6:13 PM, Walrein said:

pretend i'm voting arc rn, i don't wanna accidentally hammer and idk where the hell we are votalswise

On 4/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, Walrein said:

i think this is a slightly disingenuous summary given that some people (me/makaze) are actively scumreading arc beyond just poe (weak re-entry content and slimy phrasings)

On 4/19/2018 at 6:17 PM, Walrein said:

i'm they/them actually

and i haven't been mislynched since 2016 and that's not a streak i intend to break

also ##Vote: Arcanite

On 4/19/2018 at 6:50 PM, Walrein said:

i have absolutely no prior meta on arc. if this is their town meta, i had no way of knowing that

i fail to see how this knowledge gap makes me look bad

6 hours ago, Walrein said:

eclipse's d1 was super towny

expect me to not post for the next 36 hours this weekend is hell 

I don't see how any of these are not town Walrein. Arcanite was hella scummy and I would probably have lynched him on a long enough time frame no matter what because his play is just that bad. Consider his ping setting me AND via off like crazy, and we are both in your town reads. I think Snike looks opportunistic but Walrein isn't sheeping and his tone makes sense from a lazy scum hunting PoE.

His PoE is also very rational and lines up with mine (mostly).

If it comes down to athena/walrein i am going to assume athena, there is no world where Walrein is not town to me. Literally everything he says just has no agenda

Athena got tunneled by wolves and and helped push junko and corrected my bad on shinori but let's lynch him over walrein who tunneled a probable village slot and then scapegoated arc when pressured because ???.

Being ITT makes me angry. 

On 4/15/2018 at 9:07 PM, Snike said:

1) My reads are way off this game.

2) Athena is being coached.

And I'm currently pursuing the latter because I don't honestly think I'm that far off read-wise. There is fire to the smoke is what I'm thinking right now.

I like the recent kirsche post but at the same time the shinori stuff I don't agree with at all and it's been a consistent theme? TBH I was initially going to flame kirsche for the BBM push over the IO vote but then half the game thought he was actually in the game so it's NAI there.

Sully is throwing hard shade on my slot without actually naming it and that bothers me; I haven't been "sitting on a case" I've been the one casing and I have been pushing athena because that's been how i've been getting info on that case. That quote irritates me.

I know I had junko like null last vote but I'd be OK to lynch there today to settle that because I feel like junko also has a history of being inactive when scum and that was my first reaction when the lurking happened ed1 but I didn't feel as strongly about it as bart/Athena, especially latter in the heat of the moment.

I am reevaluating weapons right now bc like I honestly can agree with the criticism that I don't feel like he's been pushing and there's been votes swaps that made me ??? but like he has been weaponsing. But at the same time that's not a reason not to suspect him at this point? I'm starting to see what Bibbons meant.

This took way too long. I will be around so please point me to stuff you want addressed if I missed it.

Snike scumflip would clear Athena, that would thought I saw this and this is a world where I think Snike dying would be incredibly helpful.

2 minutes ago, Fable said:

Athena got tunneled by wolves and and helped push junko and corrected my bad on shinori but let's lynch him over walrein who tunneled a probable village slot and then scapegoated arc when pressured because ???.

I mean I agree but Refa has been saying Athena is in his PoE

So has Snike

I'm legit weirded out by Refa's reads atp

The second example still isn't questioning sanity; esp since I followed up that point by linking the exchange. I switched to relying on other people's input after I realized I had horrible reads when shinori flipped. I should've stayed that way

I was asking to double check. And I thought that what you quoted marth as saying was more telling bc he said the scum kill, not a scum kill.

For the record I think for at least the next 24 hours I am not going to case. I have been playing and doing my fair share of effort/ casing this entire game and it has not been productive in terms of actually finding scum and more to the point I am more than a little tired of this game.

That being said; I can see a world where omega is ITP, but I don't think he is ever mafia. Where he had reacted to the partial suspicion on the rolespec by me (I think it was on like 52 or so; when I went in on refa) was odd IMO but then he tripled pegged scum so I cleared him as not mafia off of that. 

In terms of scumreads I still think there was more than just 1 scum on the Bartozio wagon. The voters for reference:

Jaybee, WeaponsofMassConstruction, BBM, Zkirsche, athena57, Nightmare, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Fable, Fenrir, Refa

So I have to believe that one of the networkers is scum in this scenario because alette is probably obv town and I townread hard the other two.

Up until last third of D2 I was tunneling athena hard; coming into d3 I doubted that read, especially when read in relation to shinori.

The problem is Shinori's shaded both of those slots. I feel like kirsche/kill is probably the one shaded the most since on d2 I think it was just eclipse myself and shinori on the former, so I would think he is hard cleared the most. Yes there's the potential for the double bus but I think it's more likely athena of the two + I legitimately am townreading kill right now.

I also have couple of host meta reasons for suspecting that; A)I have no idea why my character would be a networker, or connected to gaius. B)I stabbed Iris really really hard in the eimm immediately before this game.

For other scum, outside of makaze, I was going to offer belu because I don't think self-watcher and lazy watcher can coexist, but I just realized that omega being itp solves that issue.  I think PoE I have to default to walrein despite the shade thrown on him by shinori because I would put Fable Refa Via over him and I think EvilManManMan is not that evil because he's only claimed vig variant.

I still think it's scum makaze though and it goes back to zeus slot looking bad with flipped scum from memory.

1 minute ago, Snike said:

B)I stabbed Iris really really hard in the eimm immediately before this game.

i can confirm this cuz i thought snike was also stabbing me by extension like a dumbass.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:18 PM, athena_57 said:

Bandwagoned a train with 1 vote? Not sure whether I'd call that a train tbh.

Abandoned easily? I listed you as one of my two prime suspects, how is that dropping the case? The vote was there to pressure you into giving reads, you made it clear you didn't have/want to say anything else, not much point in keeping it there then.

I am uncertain myself as well, but I'm talking to generate conversations rather than hiding behind my uncertainty.

"Comfy with Bartozio behind you", which is why I said I didn't agree with his reasoning? I made it pretty clear I wasn't agreeing with Bartozio in the sense that I agreed with his reasoning, I merely agreed with his conclusion.

This post makes some really weird OMGUS-y attacks.

Like there is no world where Snike/Athena is a thing

i'm down to flip Snike just to prove Refa wrong

still reading

1 minute ago, Vi-astra said:

drats! no wonder i had that nightmare about you murdering me 

it was snike okay, it looked like him so it must be him

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

I don't see how any of these are not town Walrein. Arcanite was hella scummy and I would probably have lynched him on a long enough time frame no matter what because his play is just that bad. Consider his ping setting me AND via off like crazy, and we are both in your town reads. I think Snike looks opportunistic but Walrein isn't sheeping and his tone makes sense from a lazy scum hunting PoE.

His PoE is also very rational and lines up with mine (mostly).

Scumreading Arcanite is fine.  Scumreading Arcanite off of one point and ignoring the rest of their content is not.  What really got to me was when Sully said that Arcanite's tone wasn't telling, and Walrein's defense was "well, excuse me for not knowing his meta" but then he NEVER FOLLOWED UP on his read!  Surely Town!Walrein would adjust his read (e.g. you/Via saying "I still think it's scummy despite that"), not just be like "I wouldn't know" and sticking on it w/no explanation.

1 minute ago, Fable said:

Who tunneled him?  I reread Shinori's push, Shinori voted him once D1 and said he had a "slight lead over Nightmare".  The next day, Shinori votes Nightmare over him.  If Athena is town being tunneled, why does Shinori keep his vote on Nightmare after his claim instead of switching to Athena?  He pushed Junk after Junk got several votes IIRC and I don't think it's outside of his scum repertoire.

I'm fine w/lynching Walrein.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

I mean I agree but Refa has been saying Athena is in his PoE

So has Snike

I'm legit weirded out by Refa's reads atp

I'm voting Athena, not because of PoE but because I think his play has been pretty mediocre these past few phases which has been bothering me.  Most of his scum pushes have been after the scum lynches seemed like sure things (Junko, Jaybee) and his slot doesn't put out content on unless he's getting pushed.

2 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

i don't think refa is scum...

it's a joke

he could be the itp but if he is there is no way we catch him so im not going to worry unless we get down to like 5 left

Day 4.9 - Votals
Omega. (6): Killthestory, Omega., Makaze, via, Baldrick
Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy (2): Alette, EvanManManMan
athena_57 (1): Refa
Walrein (1): Fable

Not Voting: athena_57, Beru, Snike + SatsumaFSoySoy, Walrein

You have ~63.25 hours left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 5 to lynch and 9 to hammer.

it makes sense scum would have a role like that in a game with an SK, and it would also make sense for an SK to have a role like that

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

it was snike okay, it looked like him so it must be him

Scumreading Arcanite is fine.  Scumreading Arcanite off of one point and ignoring the rest of their content is not.  What really got to me was when Sully said that Arcanite's tone wasn't telling, and Walrein's defense was "well, excuse me for not knowing his meta" but then he NEVER FOLLOWED UP on his read!  Surely Town!Walrein would adjust his read (e.g. you/Via saying "I still think it's scummy despite that"), not just be like "I wouldn't know" and sticking on it w/no explanation.

Technically I did this too. Granted that was when I was convinced they were both Mafia. This is an interesting point but I also read that reply as genuine. If it's scummy then it's by omission of not reconsidering?

If I'm wrong on Walrein then he must be the best tone player in the world