We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

On 4/16/2018 at 6:02 PM, Shinori said:

Also:

##Unvote

Since the Athena thing isn't going anywhere at the moment.  I still like that thing the best though.

This is Shinori unvoting Athena 30 minutes before EoD2.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

Also I don't know what to make of his self vote, it just didn't strike me as something scum in his position would do (speaking as someone who's been scum w/him before).

iirc Sully did it earlier, and didn't get burnt for it, if he is using AtE like Makaze proposed then it's a logical thing for him to try.

Just now, Baldrick said:

iirc Sully did it earlier, and didn't get burnt for it, if he is using AtE like Makaze proposed then it's a logical thing for him to try.

By in his position, I mean that only two players (Makaze, Via) suspected him at the time.  I don't see him needing to make a DO OR DIE move as scum.

Just now, Refa said:

By in his position, I mean that only two players (Makaze, Via) suspected him at the time.  I don't see him needing to make a DO OR DIE move as scum.

He does if he's ITP and getting lynched is the only way he loses. He has been super defensive ever since I stopped clearing him. I didn't even make him my main case today and he went nuclear on me.

yo mak

are you no longer pursuing my slot because past me can't answer your questions anymore or ?_?

where did your progression go. i'm confused

On the Walrein thing:

there are IMMEDIATE qualitative differences in his tone range

going to use the first post an example

On 2/4/2018 at 12:39 AM, Rumor Honeybottoms said:

page 2 catchup megaquote extravaganza

was on the fence about how i felt about this stuff for a bit but i think in the end i lean town on both of them? werner's post breaks town for me with the last bit, i think - i understand that it's a super thin reason to vote someone but at the very least he's following up and attempting to prod sally into more discussion. at the same time, however, i think the reasoning behind brineybeard's vote is coming from a towny mindset

super thin on both counts but it's there

p much agree with everything in this post, which is a good look for bvbb

i fail to see how this is disagreement? don't really draw any alignment conclusions out of it, just kind of confused

so my concern with your push on bvbb is that pushing at flaws in someone's logic is kind of a major component of scumhunting

like, you can push someone for interactions/voting patterns that look like scum. you can push someone for tone. or you can push someone because their reads are fake and there are internal logical inconsistencies. disagreeing with someone's logic is a pretty good reason to question them further, and i'm not super concerned about people flinging votes around early on d1

this is a Good Post

decent point about werner's disappearance. pretty much disagree with the first sentence though - rvs omgus is a pretty null tell

this post is very... i dunno what to call it. "safe", maybe? all of the reads made are pretty easy reads, with the possible exception of the kahl vote (and then the door is pre-emptively shut for any kahl rebuttal with him bailing from the thread immediately afterwards). not the biggest fan of this

starting to think the semantics stuff is just Kahl as a player and not anything that would be particularly alignment-indicative tbh. obviously impossible to know for sure what with these aliases running around but yknow

i think calling werner's vote reactive is a little disingenuous given that he did attempt to start dialogue (however limited) with sally. this, of course, is undermined by the fact that werner then bailed from the thread... but you later go on to say that it's unfair to accuse him of having bailed quite yet (and from where i'm sitting a few hours later he still hasn't returned)

do you have no thoughts on matchstick voting you? you reply to his post but say nothing about the vote itself. i do like you pushing him about his werner read, though

getting too lazy to quote uhhh

brineybeard's posting at the bottom of the page feels lightly town-motivated so good for him

kahl is right in that semantics/asking questions is alignment neutral in a vacuum, but doing these things in high volumes (especially having a very high questions:contributions ratio) can be a decent scumtell

i'm honestly starting to think kahl's stubbornness might be coming from town, though. a lot of wolves give up and concede the point way sooner than this.

WE'RE ON TO PAGE 3 haha kill me

he openly doubts his own reads. read - but i think in the end

and he has pauses with literal dashes where he is preparing his statement as if he is writing a speech with a caesura

i haven't seen anything like that this game

his scum game has structure and timing, its all about rhetoric

he argues his points and waffles on them by habit

this game he lacks that completely

i need to take a break from the thread, i'll be back tomorrow after work (or a little before work)

Also a thing that just clicked for me is the other kill probably is a 3p cuz if you're a villager and you killed either kaoz or mack you need to rethink you're life choices cuz they were both obv villa. 

This is probably something I'm super late to and me being a slow pony. 

I am also going to argue that this post has immediate differences from the way wal has excused himself this game:

On 2/5/2018 at 5:32 PM, Rumor Honeybottoms said:

i'll be here on and off until eod but i don't actually have time to reread anything

prolly about time i ##Unvoted though

he hasn't offered an excuse for not reading or not casing or anything like that

hes just said im going to be gone

and then hes gone

he hasn't excused or promised anything he hasn't delivered on

13 minutes ago, Beru said:

yo mak

are you no longer pursuing my slot because past me can't answer your questions anymore or ?_?

where did your progression go. i'm confused

i gave a change in my case in my first major post of the day and then in my snike reread i found a lot of stuff that looked good on him. then sully replied to my major post. i think he is town

13 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Beru, Makaze said he thought Sully's last post was townie. Don't ask me to find it.

that's ok because apparently i can't find it either 

There are two possibilities with LG's slot.

1. he is cleared as town because of his role. if snike flips scum, this also clears him because snike wanted to lynch lg today

2. his role is designed to predict any NON-MAFIA kill and he is scum.

i don't believe this would exist with a strongman on the same team. so i think LG is cleared by rolespec

it has to be Snike every way I look at it

4 minutes ago, Makaze said:

i gave a change in my case in my first major post of the day and then in my snike reread i found a lot of stuff that looked good on him. then sully replied to my major post. i think he is town

... ok

referring to someone who is me as someone separate from but also me at the same time as me is weird

1 minute ago, Beru said:

... ok

referring to someone who is me as someone separate from but also me at the same time as me is weird

i did not use you as a reason to read the slot, before or after, lol

you read tonally town though

ok so: how strongly do you feel omega is the itp

and also: how strongly do you feel there are 4 vs 5 mafia

if you think there's 5 mafia we should lynch omega to reduce kp but if you think there's four mafia lynching any Not Town Person is fine because it reduces kp either way

also

i'm concerned about the kills made this game.

is anyone else... also concerned about that

in a pinch if I absolutely had to id say walrein for the last mafia

but that is only because he lacks content and i have nothing else to clear him

i would not lynch until everyone is gone we only have hardcleared town alive

i can see a world where kill is somehow Mafia because the way they went for eclipse instead of either kirsche/junko bugs me, and is the only reason i can see for why kill would be suspicious

but it's more than i got for walrein