We Need Serenes Forest Mafia Mafia 5 After All! - GAME OVER

Iris

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/12/2018 at 1:41 PM, Magnificence Incarnate said:

Well I guess I should explain the delay part: any action on me including the scum kill gets delayed by a phase.

3 hours ago, Omega. said:

I want to give you guys some things to consider with regards to my slot. I normally don't put excessive energy into defending myself, but I think it's appropriate here because I don't want to lose this game and people are still suspecting me which I think is ridiculous. At this point villacore needs to unite and not just shit on each other out of paranoia. So here:

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/82524-etrian-odyssey-3-mafia-game-over/&do=findComment&comment=5169075

https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/83026-i-dont-need-serenes-forest-mafia-mafia-5-day-4/&do=findComment&comment=5189104

The first link leads you to the last game Marth and myself played where I pushed him when he was villa. If you look at the third paragraph, he says "Omega's case on me sucks" and proceeds to suss me. If you go to the second link, you'll see how he says "Junko's read on me sucks" when describing why he susses him as well. Now, some players use the same language regardless of alignment, but in my experience, MOST are bad at controlling/replicating their language as both alignments over a long period of time. His language choice here is one of those subtle things that tells you a lot about his alignment; most people do/say/pull the same shit as the same alignment over time.

I'd also tell you, why the hell would Marth claim at that point in the game as mafia/SK? Here's the votecount:

First off, this village was largely bad D1, so LOL @ thinking we had possibly 3 wolves (I'm not townreading athena) being wagoned. That's just ridiculous with the nonsense that was happening in this thread D1. His role as mafia/SK would be EXTREMELY useful, so claiming it and effectively making it worthless when he didn't have to is such a bad play that I argue he never pulls as scum/ITP. Also, in the last game we played, Marth got frustrated and actually posted his role PM so he'd die. I think he was probably annoyed that he was getting wagoned/pushed here for shitty reasons (I read him as wolf last game, but once I learned he was innocent, I understood his town play more. I was reading him V as I was spectating this game, and I really don't think anyone who has played with him before should have been reading him wolf here), and claimed to get people off of his back. I don't want to link/quote where Marth did that in the last game or even discuss it because I don't want him to get a bad rep for it; I'm only bringing it up to illustrate that his behavior here in this game is consistent with what he's done as villa before.

Also, I don't come/replace into the thread and put 3 of my bros on my wolf list, and I don't have that interaction with Shinori where he gets salty with me. I think everyone was calling him V for shitty reasons as well, so I would have just left him alone and proceeded to powerwolf with him. I also don't try to change the dynamic of the gameflow to go between Junko/kirsche; I don't think any of them were being wagoned/voted when I replaced in.

It's silly that so many people have come at me today and some, maybe all, are actually villa. I've been trying to draw the kill, and y'all are pretty much ensuring that never happens out of paranoia instead of anything reasonable.

... It's silly that so many people have come at me today and some, maybe all, are actually villa. I've been trying to draw the kill, and y'all are pretty much ensuring that never happens out of paranoia instead of anything reasonable.

... I've been trying to draw the kill, and y'all are pretty much ensuring that never happens out of paranoia instead of anything reasonable.

Gy0e_f-maxage-0.gif

@Refa  @Snike I barely call this tunneling because i'm bad at casing and I have stated exactly why I found you scum yesterday. Snike you ignored the fact that i've mentioned various other lean scum reads throughout D3.  My other scum reads are less strong than yours because the way Arc starting posting towards the end. That made me fishy about Kill/Kirsche, and now I see your point Refa because Shinori kept mentioning him. Would Shinori bus other members though?

1 minute ago, Fable said:

Like there kinda is a world where it's mak/walrein and walrein does nothing and mak just strongarms his way through a billion mislynches to victory while hard defending walrein. 

It's a slim chance imo, but like I keep flip flopping with my Walrein read. 

4 minutes ago, Alette said:

@Refa  @Snike I barely call this tunneling because i'm bad at casing and I have stated exactly why I found you scum yesterday. Snike you ignored the fact that i've mentioned various other lean scum reads throughout D3.  My other scum reads are less strong than yours because the way Arc starting posting towards the end. That made me fishy about Kill/Kirsche, and now I see your point Refa because Shinori kept mentioning him. Would Shinori bus other members though?

Are you referring to Athena?  I believe so.  In fact, Athena would be the ONLY member that he bussed.  He mentioned suspicions on Junk and Jaybee, but never voted them nor pushed them in any significant capacity TMK.

3 minutes ago, Refa said:

Are you referring to Athena?  I believe so.  In fact, Athena would be the ONLY member that he bussed.  He mentioned suspicions on Junk and Jaybee, but never voted them nor pushed them in any significant capacity TMK.

No, him was referring to Kirsche since I wanted to get your say on that.

Just now, Beru said:

I think it's worth it to note that both other flipped mafia were avoiding the top two wagons entirely

re: Junko lynch

sometimes when I'm tired my brain gets ahead of what I've actually written

2 minutes ago, Alette said:

No, him was referring to Kirsche since I wanted to get your say on that.

Oh...I don't get what you're asking?

2 minutes ago, Beru said:

I think it's worth it to note that both other flipped mafia were avoiding the top two wagons entirely

That's what I thought but 1) I don't think Scum!Junk would hard bus his buddy (he voted Kirsche from his first post, and kept voting him until he got lynched) and 2) Jaybee wasn't on at deadline, but Shinori was, making an Eclipse vote and saying he'd switch to Kirsche in a few minutes if nothing happened.  My guess is he didn't anticipate a town switch, but I could be wrong on that one.

sorry if I'm for the most part annoying/elusive in terms of my reads; as evan observed i am as fact as confident in my scumreads as a carton of grapes which probably can't feel any confident at all because it is a harvested food waiting to be eaten. i will not have very much in way of explanations at this point @Beru because i am playing highly on PoE. HOWEVER. i was reading marth scum before omega subbed into his slot. and i still don't know if he just claimed scum or was kidding. we already had a lot of weapons doin stuff like that and i'm not really in the mood at this point to accept omega is just fucking around cuz he's frustrated. also he's using a lot of language i can bring up if you need me to that reads me scum trying to pander to the town in like this "i'm so disappointed in you for scumreading me" sorry but i just hate it when people do that and it's also scummy.  his post was good aside from that but i still don't know and again I'm working off of PoE. i'm still worried about makaze because i know that he's good enough he would put a lot of effort into wolfing were he in a good spot.

so far from what i see athena did not hard-bus last game. but i'm still reading.

quick catchup thoughts

Evan's entrance was pretty solid, and i really enjoyed most of the content. obviously i like being cleared :^), but i think a lot of the times the way he's coming to his conclusions is just super townie. like, he's putting a lot more thought and game solving into his posts than i've ever seen him before... and i really, really enjoy that. idk if personal bias is getting in the way because i'm proud i invited him, but i'm really enjoying what that slot is bringing so far. i wasn't necessarily scumreading LG anyway, so this just brings me another level on that slot. 

generally would like to interact with walrein a lot more, but i'm going to give them that respect that i won't try to pressure them while their away on v/la. hope they come back soon ready to play, or at the very least, having a much better week! :]

beru hasn't really done much at all. i need some meta on sully because i'm sorta not paying attention to the slot because of what HE DID. i gotta look there harder.

omega is seriously playing against everything i know about him as villa. super defensive, using meta to defend himself, driving his own defense harder than anything he's attempted to do in terms of game solving. everything just feels a lot more in his wolf range once he started getting pressured, and i'm not sure i care too much about associative. the way he started playing once votes started laying down on him is wolfy af. i've never seen him like this before.

gotta look into hydra. sort of villa gut read them because of the way satsuma hit me hard when i started targetting snike for trying to guess into scum's thoughts. generally really liked that, but they lost all the aggro and presence they had once they stopped getting pressured. i expect it'll build up once people start pressuring them a bit more, and that really irks me. yesterday they were actually coming to conclusions and attempting to solve, today, a lot of the posts i read aren't very memorable. 

there was a point shinori claimed doctor and athena said like "if shinori is scum that means prims is scum because prims cleared shinori" and prims & athena were buddies, i'm assuming atm athena was riding off of prims's claim cuz he claimed rolecop and most of the game bought it for a while although people still had their misgivings. from what i am reading here actually athena was hard-bussing snike but snike was already on the hotseat when this was happening. and everyone had snike on their scumlist on PoE. i didn't on ONLY PoE but that is irrelevant.  athena looks like he wants to tread lightly w/ the bussing unless his buddy's about to die.

OKAY SO confirmation bias but I think that fits here WRT his Junko case?  LMK if they read differently to you.

athena posted two possible scumteams, and each one of them had one of his buddies on it, but not both at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Refa said:

Oh...I don't get what you're asking?

That's what I thought but 1) I don't think Scum!Junk would hard bus his buddy (he voted Kirsche from his first post, and kept voting him until he got lynched) and 2) Jaybee wasn't on at deadline, but Shinori was, making an Eclipse vote and saying he'd switch to Kirsche in a few minutes if nothing happened.  My guess is he didn't anticipate a town switch, but I could be wrong on that one.

I'm saying that there is still that small chance that Shinori bussed scum buddy kirsche. Is he the type of the player that would go for town cred at any time?