Doctor Seuss Mafia - X-Site Summer Invitational (Day 5 - *YLO)

Iris

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Naana said:

much sorting, owenwillsonwow.wav 

Hide contents

Chelsea, MariaR, Maki Harukawa

i feel like that's dirty for oog reasons.

i can't really recall a game i've been in with you where i've actively read you, let alone where you've been scum/town tbh

2 minutes ago, moonbird said:

have I been reading

not really

has thread been stuck on the same general topic for fifty pages, nonetheless

yes

what argument do you find to be true :think:

You said an assumption was probably correct about both AM and I.  Do you think we have w/w in us two?  W/V?  What assumption is correct?

1 minute ago, moonbird said:

i feel like that's dirty for oog reasons.

i can't really recall a game i've been in with you where i've actively read you, let alone where you've been scum/town tbh

The first post names the alt.

Just now, Naana said:

You said an assumption was probably correct about both AM and I.  Do you think we have w/w in us two?  W/V?  What assumption is correct?

it's a blanket statement made upon the fact that the conversation has been about you and am, no one else, every time i've popped into thread

the fact that there hasn't been a hammered lynch and we haven't driven off into some corner of the trashfire is indicative of someone being on the right path

not reading doesn't get you very far aside from blanket statements, kid

Votals
(1) Red RyuMello
(3) Donald Trump: Magnificence Incarnate, LaserGuy, Omega.
(1) ShinoriEvanManManMan
(1) JohnCarterAnimal Midwife
(5) NaanaShattiel, moonbird, manti, Elemina, Shinori
(4) Animal MidwifeRefa, dyachei, JohnCarterDonald Trump
(1) Magnificence IncarnateRed Ryu
(2) Omega.SB., Ichigo
(1) dyacheiOrihime
(1) EleminaAlpha Male
(1) moonbirdNaana

(3) Not VotingJinrou, Ryker, SpankGangsta
With 24 alive, it takes 16 to hammer.

You have ~19 hours until deadline at 6/19, 10 pm EDT

2 minutes ago, moonbird said:

it's a blanket statement made upon the fact that the conversation has been about you and am, no one else, every time i've popped into thread

the fact that there hasn't been a hammered lynch and we haven't driven off into some corner of the trashfire is indicative of someone being on the right path

not reading doesn't get you very far aside from blanket statements, kid

if you're in a state of mind where you want a call on who's the wolf, then i could take that gun and just shoot myself in the foot and be more productive

i don't have the wim or alertness to read thread and make a call on that, so i'm lurking around rn to get some sexy in thread interactions, since those require substantially less effort

16 hours ago, moonbird said:

JC is, in general, is relaxed as fuck coming in and it's townie.

Weird tinfoil on Ori, but it might just be conf bias working from having the naana wagon as a default.

Speaking of which, forgot to vote top wagon.

## naana

whew

14 hours ago, moonbird said:

am is cw to naana, this there must be a wolf between the two

this is how mafia works

43 minutes ago, moonbird said:

taking the naana/am conversation as a whole, if I'm able to pop in every thirty pages and twelve odd hours, skim, and still have about the same grasp on the conversation as before, either a) an argument is correct or b) scum is sitting back and not doing anything as town drives doubles mls into the ground.

former is still the more likely

I know the middle one is jokes, but I included it because that is all she has posted about me or her scumreads in general.

"Weird tinfoil on Ori, but it might just be conf bias working from having the naana wagon as a default."

Do you remember what this tinfoil was and what it had to do with my wagon?  That would really help me out.

if you're expecting collected or multidimensional, you came to the wrong gal, but k

1 minute ago, Naana said:

"Weird tinfoil on Ori, but it might just be conf bias working from having the naana wagon as a default."

Do you remember what this tinfoil was and what it had to do with my wagon?  That would really help me out.

every time i say "weird tinfoil" it's the inner tos moon screaming that because ori soft defended you coming into the game, you two are thus scum together, even though that's a completely unreasonable read

10 minutes ago, Naana said:

Moonbird hasn't even given a reason to sus or vote me aside from "voting the biggest wagon" and "considering the gamestate we must be on the right track".  

hey naana

i'm literally taking the largest fencesit dump i've ever taken on am and you rn

gamestate and some pixie dust is all i got honey

On 6/17/2018 at 5:14 PM, JohnCarter said:

indicating that whenever someone gets a few votes on them, i should change or at least 'update' my read

why didn't you ask me to update my read when Omega got votes?

At the time I didn't care to, I had a null. I was more interested in my scum read of Wolf at the time.

On 6/17/2018 at 4:46 PM, Orihime said:

#vote Ichigo

Why did you vote Dunnstral here? Usually I can trust your scumreads so I would think you'd have something here. What you got?

On 6/17/2018 at 5:26 PM, Shinori said:

Note to self read John v elemina when I get home

What did you conclude from this?

On 6/17/2018 at 5:33 PM, Omega. said:

Took a bit of time to skim through the thread again and write out some of my reads along with reasoning as to each person's lean. Also put down a bit of meta/expectations in an effort to get villagers a little more woke with how to treat/read other players.

Hide contents

Villacore
Omega.
YOLOSWAG
SWAGYOLO

I lol'd at this

On 6/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, Donald Trump said:

so id like to have a verbal banter about my elemina read with somebody not named elemina because the mere fact of him "asking questions and getting the ball rolling" is such a dumb reason to townread somebody but like half the thread has a townread on him. so its gotta be more than that, right? and if not, well, please go ahead and look at my post talking about him and tell me how im wrong. that post was in regards to elemina from pg 10 but the general feel hasnt really changed, like i still see it as like the equivalent of a guy coming into work, putting in enough to get by so that people can see his timestamp. idk i dont see... heart.

I already explained this. I was going to also say 'yeah I did that to get the game started' and I have already explained that. Like you aren't really going to be satisfied either way. You are going to just have to listen to my scumreads then. Because I'm %100 correct.

On 6/17/2018 at 8:13 PM, Shinori said:

You have to install a script.  IT sucks. This forum software is poo poo.

She has like 7 total posts though.  I can just quote them for you.

I now scum read Nanna, ever since DISCOVERING (thanks to Laser's post I skimmed) he is SMOCAINE. THAT DUDE IS INDEED FROZEN. As a user I have not seen play before, I probably wouldn't be that hard pressed to wagon him. Yet, he plays AGGRO as town and gets HYPE about it. I've seen him play as town v mafia in TEAM MAFIA. He switched games and alignments and then transferred into his scum game which is an exact replica of this game. FULL CHOO CHOO ON NANNA

On 6/17/2018 at 8:29 PM, JohnCarter said:

Yes it is. He doesn't read agenda driven and is always tonally town.

Ele was based on something similar to you actually, reading but not giving the beef to back it up in the questioning. 

Is that a common thing here? Baseless questions with little follow up? 

What do you mean little follow up? It's not like I'm just asking q's to follow up with a vote, it's more to understand what you and others are doing. Also to generate discussion. Doesn't matter at this point as I have scum reads now.

On 6/17/2018 at 10:15 PM, Shattiel said:

Naana is a frozen wolf he only posted 3 times and non of it is game related

I agree.

On 6/17/2018 at 10:21 PM, Shattiel said:

@Elemina is yolo town af right now?

No, just null.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:05 PM, Alpha Male said:

I'm willing to give Naana some time to show up and play, making a case on low activity not even halfway through the day seems brash at best

He'll clear this up one way or another when he gets back I expect, but if he stays low activity till EoD then yeah he's a good target

This is scum with Nana.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:08 PM, Shinori said:

I'll be honest, everything except the bold just put Alpha male on my list.

Good.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:30 PM, Vi-astra said:

I'm still scumreading elemina, I'm not voting naana because a vote there right now would be useless until laterday 

This is scum. (For the 'i'm not voting nana because it's be useless later')

5 hours ago, Omega. said:

People who can live: Elemina, Shattiel, JohnCarter, Shinori, Naana, Animal Midwife
People who can go: Donald Trump, dyachei

I'd shoot Gorf if he lives past today. Maybe look at Marth if Gorf's innocent, idk, need about 1000% more from him. If whoever replaced wolfy ever flips wolf, dya probably a villager. Leaning wolf on her independently though.

Why do you town read Nana? Also this is Gorf's town game. I don't see what you see with Dya.

On 6/18/2018 at 12:07 AM, Vi-astra said:

naana realtalk if you're town and don't want to play the game you can just sub out. i don't mean this in a jerky way i mean this in a real way

This is scum frustrated with their partner.

On 6/18/2018 at 12:13 AM, Vi-astra said:

yes?

i'm just saying if naana is scum they're not helping their team. if they're town they're not helping their team either. i just don't really get the point of being in the game if you aren't going to participate at all.

Scum.

17 hours ago, SB. said:

I had a bad reaction to Omega during the Via/Naana thing. I think it's that I would have expected town!Omega to have a stance on it or egg it on in a way that would help him readwise but instead he kinda awkwardly asks Via for totally irrelevant read when he gets called out? It seems out of place even if you just want to sit bakc and watch fro a bit.

I feel like Naana is less likely to fuck up meta stuff (thinking Shinori is someone else) as scum than town. At the very least they aren't scum with Shinori. I don't explicitly like the rest of what they've posted but I think there'd be more of a signal if they were scum.

I think JohnCarter is probably town for trying to get ISOs working. Also I think his posting looks natural but that's a less funny reason. 

@Refa Ftr I read the Via thing and was kind hoping there was more to it but I can empathise with struggling to sort things this game. I'd say that I'm tonereading AM as fine but I feel like I have to be wrong somewhere because I only really remember scumreads on Omega+Marth+Maybe Shinori? now unless there's a huge scum lurkblock.

##Unvote
##Vote: Omega

I like this post.

17 hours ago, SB. said:

@Omega. I'm pretty sure Via called you out at the time? So you had to respond with something. I guess it makes more sense if you asked for it earlier but I still think it's a weird time to interject.

Are you scumreading Refa here or are you just curious about Via's reads? If so I'm interested in what you have to say on it.

I like this too.

16 hours ago, Alpha Male said:

@Naana find someone to push for me so I can read you

This is scum asking his buddy to actually do shit so he doesn't have to push nana.

15 hours ago, dyachei said:

@Donald Trump

She doesn't freeze when she's scum. She still posts but they are stilted and awkward and don't do much game solving. 

Which I think fits this game.

Also fine with the naana wagon but I don't know the meta there. He's doing a fat lot of nothing and can die

##vote: animal midwife 

Join me on the Nana wagon.

12 hours ago, LaserGuy said:

Hi everyone!

I'm visiting here from xkcd mafia/Mafiascum. I've only read that last page or two, will try to skim a bit and get caught up as best I can.

@Elemina  why was Vi voting for you?

##Unvote 

He said my reasoning for asking Animal to give self meta was BAD and some other stuff. I talked to him yet he stubbornly kept the read, he was sheeping Gorf. He's scum.

11 hours ago, LaserGuy said:

Magnificence, john carter, wolfy, shinori, evan, shattiel, alpha male, elemina all look okay to me. Not liking trump, orihime, SB, shinori. Lead wagons are both on shitposters and I have no idea if that's AI for either of them. 

##Vote: Donald Trump

Don't like the vote. So skimmed back to see who were lead wagons: Animal and Naana. So, sorry Laser but you're scum. You have one scum in your town list, one in your not like, and one in your 'they are shit posters so not AI' list. Yet, you vote town. 

7 hours ago, Orihime said:

I forgot I was voting him tbh

7 hours ago, Alpha Male said:

literally don't care between AM and Naana, but we should always lynch between those two today

This is scum.

5 hours ago, manti said:

Villagers and Up and Comers

JC - Confident pushing, shows convictions in his pushes. Projecting town via tone and shit. Ezest villa read of my life.
Ele - At first thought he was wolfy, then kinda got a hold of the cutlure he plays with. Like him going tryhardy aggro very early. He's asking level 0 questions early on, things that could be snapped back at him, but doesnt give a shit. He transitions from that into fuller questioning and pushing, so transition felt like the sorta shit you see, say MS, RVS + bad pushes -> real pushes and reads.
Shinori - This is where the reads start getting less absolute. I love the way hes pushing his reads out, not really giving a fuck when people push back, and just going down on peeps. In specific i like him dumpstering Evan. The down side is super thin, their 2/2 reads which had self as villa which forces out a 2/2 which is ehh but they shouldnt have had a whole lot of reads at that point anyway.
Wolfy-Slot: Like them pushing Refa when they do. Backs off right away cause theyre proven wrong, which is fine. 

Allies and Others

Zara - He's fine for now. Havent seen him do much other than give a lackclear read on AM. Gonna sponge that for now.
VI - It feels like VI is on the opposite side of the fence from Ele, and some of their posting kinda clashes with me or pings with me, but then at the same time all i can think when reading their posts is "this guy's a villager". Either im right on both, and one of them are barking up the wrong tree, or my grasp on the culture here is worse than id hope itd be, idk i could be out of touch. in general, dudes a villager but doesnt get to sit at the big kid's table

Wolves

refa - dislike their questions, and their followup was weaksauce. It feels like shes attaching herself to the Ele slot (pockety and just riding the dudes coattails) havent seen anything worth changing my opinion on.
ichigo - making weak ass posts. Not a lot to say bout the guy, cause he hasnt said a whole lot himself. id vote him, and if the day had ended, id shoot him.
Evan/AM - I feel like these two slots aren't w/w. On Evan's end, the questioning there looking at some core shit doesnt feel like how a partner would push a partner. I have both players as independently wolfy (AM completely misses the JC read, and pushes the dude hard), (Evan felt like he was worried about becoming a wagon early on, and hes posting like he woofin), gonna sponge zara on AM for now and just have Evan slotted nicely in my wolves.

Other

MI - Dude is all over the place for me. Half his shit i agree with, other half makes me want to lynch him. Need more info. Doesnt help i dont got the guy felt out yet. Leaning more wolfy than not but not dropping him into wolves just yet. 
Trump - He made a post at one point where he called someone a "bitch", post felt force, felt like someone who'd never sworn in their life trying it out. Havent really sorted him yet, want more info on the dude and some 1v1 time to solidify a read.
Ori - Was gonna talk to wolfy about the Ori slot, and go back and forth between the two, but guess i cant do that. Will talk to Ori l8r and get sorted, see if i can find a read there.

Rest of my notes are kind of a jumbled mess that im not gonna fuck with till l8r. glgl

You're wrong on Via and wrong on DT.

2 hours ago, Shattiel said:

Heres a vague reads

Ele - null leaning town on this one

Orihime - lean scum

Laser - town

Omega - lean scum hi

Evan - lean scum til his reads improve

AM - I'll sheep dya's only read

Shinori - Town for now but will change depending on people's flip

Moon - slick entry in the game

AM - Kinda on the fence with this one but I could very well see him as town

Dya - Feels like she's really considering things with how she's not giving much reads?

Donald Trump - Town tone ++1

JC - Town

Naana - scum

The rest are null

Town.

1 hour ago, Donald Trump said:

dawg the thing is i was REALLY hoping to develop my read on ran as the game went on toDay, i feel like my rationale is enough to go off of but i was really looking to see if things would change as the Day went on. but hes been ghost since like a small reappearance. so like what else am i supposed to go off of, and i refuse to give the benefit of the doubt to ran about him not being able to know how to ask haphazard questions. tell me those early questions actually feel like theyre going anywhere aside from being able to garner him some early game brownie points for looking like hes doing things

...which they clearly already have...

Dawg I said I was gonna be at martial arts god damn it's like in these games I tell people I'm gonna be out and then I get a 'Ran didn't even post this morning' and that shit annoys me.

1 hour ago, Orihime said:

Not really. Perhaps because it's 2 am and I'm sleepy but nothing really jumped out at me for the need to want to comment on. The AM wagon is really bad looking at the people on it I might vote Donald but not because I sr them. If I had my way I'd be voting Dya though. 

Go have your way pussy

Nana is SMOCAINE. He is scum. He is frozen, and posts in this way due to meta. I found out thanks to Laser's post. He is HYPER and AGGRESSIVE as town. He's not aggro here, he was kind of a nothing and still is. He is the NUMBER #1 LYNCH and will flip scum.

Alpha Male is scum. He isn't really trying to find scum he's also active lurking and only wants to CFD me because I'm pushing his buddy now. He has no real reason to push for me and even votes me BEFORE I post my catch up so he isn't actually interested in determining my alignment.

Vi-Astra (now LASERGUY) is scum for pushing me yet not trying to understand my alignment. His AtE around Nana also shows he is frustrated with his partner not doing anything and has given reluctance to voting him. #notbussing

Orihime hasn't given me a reason to town read her and hasn't really had any strong scum reads and dropped her Ichigo read for some reason. 

Omega is null right now. I understand his approach, it leans towards a 'game solving' approach but his reads aren't accurate so I'd say we keep an eye on him as days go on.

Dropping Wolf to null right now, and want to see more from Red Ryu to have a better read on him.

Shinori is slight town only due to me aligning with his read accuracy. Otherwise I was expecting more in depth content compared to the previous game.

Shattiel is town for having somewhat accurate scum reads.

John Carter is likely town for his early game and his follow up. I think he is suffering from the Gorf treatment as well but more so doesn't like my questionin and that's fair from someone who doesn't understand my playstyle.

Donald Trump is town for meta and truly not understanding me BUT he always has this problem with my questioning. He's trying to hold me to a higher standard of play, that's why it annoys him each time he sees people slap town reads on me for that. 

I liked SB's questioning towards Omega, it seemed a lot less aggresive or even shady from our last two games together. It seems more of a game solving approach rather then a scum 'force errors' approach which he did last game.

Refa's early game is null to me as I have seen that in the previous game too, I want to interact with Refa more to have a better understanding. No concern at the moment.

MI is also null his post seemed good but need more.

Manti I'd like more from as well.

8 minutes ago, Naana said:

We're both town though.  Midwife's return was lackluster today, so if you're committed to the two of us, you should pick her <3

self pres, pres

ori would have to be tmi'ing and being shit on am since early game, and it's something i'd rather solve by lynching am, which resolves naana/am, and then hounding ori in an ideal world

td;lr we don't lynch ori

---

with my recent meaningful contributions to thread, fucking off to crash hardcore