Special Heroes Coming! Summer's Arrival - June 21, 2018 ~ (VIDEO POSTED)

Coolmanio

37 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

You know a Summer Seth would've been nice. Maybe replacing Cordelia, so he can actually have a lance.

But yeah it's nice they put the spotlight on the other SS characters. I haven't played it but I really like the supporting cast much more and like their designs more than the main twin duo.

SS is definitely my favorite game, so it makes me happy when it gets any love. I take what I can get. I usually end up finding the side character of just about every game, story, etc. more interesting than the main ones. XD So it's especially nice to see the love spread outside of the main characters. 

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why not Ephraim or Eirika instead though? I don't even like Eirika and I'm saying she'd have made more sense. They're popular and from Sacred Stones and neither have seasonal alts. Sure, they do have normal alts, and Ephraim's even a legendary and also getting a CYL, but seeing a seasonal would be nice too.

And they're definitely fine with using characters who already got alts to make money. Cordelia is clearly there to make money. And we have two seasonal Lyns too.

I'll use my free pull on a blue though, if I get one. Cordelia is someone I like and find very relatable, at least. I wish she was a different color or at least had a tome or something though, to make her more different from regular Cordelia (and Summer Robin since their weapons look the same).

*shrugs* Maybe IS took feedback from last year and decided to venture out and try new things with seasonals to see how they'd do. Your guess is as good as mine. Personally, if IS only chose to give special attention to the "top" characters, the game would get stale really quickly. There's nothing wrong with Ephraim or Ike getting a seasonal, but there's also nothing wrong with Innes and Tana getting one either.

When Valter first appeared as a GHB, I was disappointed because Lyon's one of my favorite characters, and I'd definitely prefer to see him. But someone told me, it was nice to see Valter now. Lyon was popular enough that he would DEFINITELY get in, but Valter's appearance was more up in the air. Same goes for your guys. Ike and Ephraim are so popular that it's just a matter of time before they get another alt. We still have another summer banner and a whole slew of seasonal banners for the rest of the year. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Vax, probably because she has a modest swimsuit instead of being blatantly sexualized.

I thought Bethany wasn’t a fan of revealing swimsuits, not otherwise.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

Looks like she's flashing. When you remove the arousal from summer art, it just becomes vaguely disgusting.

Not like I was overly fond of her more womanly redesign, but I have nothing against that part.

Flashing? Where? I really don’t see it, and I am a straight male.
“More womanly redesign”? You have seen her official art for Sacred Stones, right? Her shapes barely changed between FE8 and Heroes.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, well, they said "I hope it isn't tasteful" and I thought that meant "I hope it's sexualized/revealing." Sorry.

And yeah, Tana hasn't had any change in breast size or anything from her original art as far as I can tell...

RIP, I gotta eat my words. It ended up being Innes, I was confident he'd never be popular enough. Nice to see the unused Wyvern model, though. I hope Cormag uses it when he gets added. 

With that said, I hate this banner. They've shilled the hell out of Awakening/Fates seasonals and Bridal Tharja and Summer Cordelia getting their respective fanservice bikini and wedding gown is tiresome milking. Not a fan of Noire being added as a silly costume, let alone being grey as well. Recent banner trends of 3 females and 1 male has become a frustrating meme. Yeah, I know women sell more, so it's inevitable, but I still don't like it (for the record I'm a straight male).

Will be an easy skip for me, but I do like that Tana/Innes were chosen considering they're not very popular characters.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Actually, if Tana is a red tome flier...then I might need that niche. Maybe she'd be faster than Nowitch...at least I like Tana's design better.

At last the art looks very colourful overall, judging by the banner image.

I wonder who would be a good first male mage flier? Should've been Leo

Leo or Shigure would have been a great first step -.-

Apparently men can only be infantry mages, though. We've only had Reinhardt and Henry added as non-infantry male mages since the start of the game.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How is he the best? All I can see from his stats is that he has okay everything except Def which is terrible.

I'd say Bride Cordelia is the best infantry archer due to her potential brave bow quadding. Checking now, she has the same Atk, but slightly better Spd. So yeah, she's better.

I would say Innes is one of the better infantry archers for Enemy's phase. His bow is pretty good, and works pretty well with a Bond skill. He is also a good Ploy user. Cordelia is better for player's phase. For me, as a enemy's phase player, I prefer Innes.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

I would say Innes is one of the better infantry archers for Enemy's phase. His bow is pretty good, and works pretty well with a Bond skill. He is also a good Ploy user. Cordelia is better for player's phase. For me, as a enemy's phase player, I prefer Innes.

Innes has terrible Def though. He can only tank mages, so he's only doing half the job as an enemy phase unit.

Huh, I find Tana's swimsuit more classier (or at least, looking more like the retro swimsuits) compared to the skin-showing bikinis. At the very least, her damaged art isn't as bad as others (like Corrin). At least, I like it better than F Robin's one. Maybe it's the pose that can be off-putting?

I guess the towel also sort of balances things out?

Also I totally though Innes would be a surfer or something (axe surfboard?) with that get up. Flag-bearing wyvern rider is a bit random, but I guess if any unit had a snake-looking wyvern, it had to be a SS unit. Wyvern Tana when

@Anacybele But that is Innes's niche- to be an anti-mage (he even comes with Cancel Affinity to fight raventomes). He works like Felicia that way, except he has better attack and is also effective against fliers. He doesn't have to fight physical units (if there are any, that's what teammates are for to cover that weakness). If anything, he's a good mage counter for things like Arena assault.

I wonder what summer Innes's stats would be like.

Edited by mcsilas

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Ana, I literally take pride in my collection of tome fliers being only the ones that are actually decently designed (no playboy bunny, no 'clothes about to fall off', no child stripper, no child bride).

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Flashing? Where? I really don’t see it, and I am a straight male.

The frills underneath her bust look like a skirt, and it makes it look like it's pulling up and exposing her underthings. It's not the art on the banner, but the full art I saw earlier in the thread (the one with the towel fitting the silhouette.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

“More womanly redesign”? You have seen her official art for Sacred Stones, right? Her shapes barely changed between FE8 and Heroes.

Would you believe me if I told you I have no idea what her boobs look like across designs? I'm talking about her face.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, well, they said "I hope it isn't tasteful" and I thought that meant "I hope it's sexualized/revealing." Sorry.

I said "it's not as tasteful as I would have liked", or at least close enough to. I actually feel a little sick inside looking at conventionally alluring designs like Tharja, Camilla, Loki and most bikinis.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Innes has terrible Def though. He can only tank mages, so he's only doing half the job as an enemy phase unit.

If you put a archer like Innes in a physical unit range, you are not playing this game right. Innes is used to bait mages. Any character have weakness, you just need to build the unit to make he/she works.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Owl effect is underappreciated and adds to his bulk considerably.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Huh, I find Tana's swimsuit more classier (or at least, looking more like the retro swimsuits) compared to the skin-showing bikinis. At the very least, her damaged art isn't as bad as others (like Corrin). At least, I like it better than F Robin's one. Maybe it's the pose that can be off-putting?

I prefer female Robin's damaged art despite it being revealing. Because you're right, Tana's pose is very off-putting to me and I never understood the point of drawing females shoving their asses at people like that.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How is he the best? All I can see from his stats is that he has okay everything except Def which is terrible.

I'd say Bride Cordelia is the best infantry archer due to her potential brave bow quadding. Checking now, she has the same Atk, but slightly better Spd. So yeah, she's better.

While Bridal Cordelia can quad, that’s all she can do. Touch her with either physical  or magic and she dies.

Innes on the other hand, has great Res, similar offensive spread and great Legendary Weapon. Not only Innes is great offensively, he also also works really well as an anti-mage units and Cancel Affinity means he doesn’t fear Raven Tomes. Plus his bow has an Owl effect meaning you can make him even tankier and stronger. And the only thing Brave Lyn has that he doesn’t is a horse and Sacae’s Blessing, otherwise their stat spreads are really similar.

Edited by Water Mage

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I prefer female Robin's damaged art despite it being revealing. Because you're right, Tana's pose is very off-putting to me and I never understood the point of drawing females shoving their asses at people like that.

Yeah I guess poses are part of the problem.

Noire's is really bad for example, which is a shame since I like Noire. Although I prefer Noire in normal clothes anyway, since her personality doesn't seem like the beach type.

@silverserpent Santa Reinhardt on a reindeer. Done.

Edited by mcsilas

3 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

Ana, I literally take pride in my collection of tome fliers being only the ones that are actually decently designed (no playboy bunny, no 'clothes about to fall off', no child stripper, no child bride).

I said "it's not as tasteful as I would have liked", or at least close enough to. I actually feel a little sick inside looking at conventionally alluring designs like Tharja, Camilla, Loki and most bikinis.

Yeah, again, I apologize for misunderstanding. I see now.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Innes has pretty great stats in everything except Def and HP. His job is to nuke magic users on both phases and even some Physical units on Player phase (Mine succeeds in that). So saying he is a bad unit means you don't know his full potential which is fine, but he can even nuke without skill inheritance. And it's not like Cordelia can take hits any better.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Innes has pretty great stats in everything except Def and HP. His job is to nuke magic users on both phases and even some Physical units on Player phase (Mine succeeds in that). So saying he is a bad unit means you don't know his full potential which is fine, but he can even nuke without skill inheritance. And it's not like Cordelia can take hits any better.

Well, I admittedly have never pulled him, I can only judge based on the stats I can find for him online and when I've had to see him on the enemy side. And I never had any problems killing him and he was never really a threat overall.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

The frills underneath her bust look like a skirt, and it makes it look like it's pulling up and exposing her underthings. It's not the art on the banner, but the full art I saw earlier in the thread (the one with the towel fitting the silhouette.

Would you believe me if I told you I have no idea what her boobs look like across designs? I'm talking about her face.

But Tana is actually decently designed, and yes, I am looking at her full art leaked earlier in the thread. The only detail that looks eh to me is the suit somehow showing her navel.
Sadly, I don’t see how it looks like a lifted-up skirt. Then again, it might just be me. Eye of the beholder and all that.
Again, how? Same pointed chin, same wide eyes, same cheerful expression. How is she looking more mature?
De gustibus non disputandum est, I guess. Bodysuits look much more modest and reserved than open bikinis to me.

Sooo...Tana, Innes, Cordelia and Noire?

Well at least my orbs are safe. I'm very picky with Magvel characters (if it was Artur, Joshua or Natasha I'd be pulling), and I don't like Cordy or Noire.

It's a shame, I was hoping for Archanea. I need that Merric alt in my life.