Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Yeah, Fae is probably not a great choice (I have a W!Fae I retired because Thrasir wrecks her so hard). A dragon tank in Astra that's constantly at risk of running into Thrasir would probably have to be a highly invested red. Unless you're a super whale, the choice there is basically Bantu. Oh, and I guess Garon. Actually, that might be interesting, since his Breath of Blight negates dragon effectiveness.

I'm currently using my Fjorm, since it's water season, but I've also got B!Ike and Libra for my Astra tanking needs (I know B!Ike does a little better on Light, but I have Surtr there). I've also got a F!Berkut, but he doesn't see as much use anymore because he has a lot of problems with melee just running up and stabbing him through his ~35 defenses, which just don't cut it anymore (a very sad weakness, since he has closer to 50 at range, plus the follow-up negation).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

Not sure who to build for Astra. I am thinking of Fae, but I am a little concerned about dragon Effective Weapons.

Healing is also more difficult without Eir.

i use Leanne - but I really notice the lack of Eir in Astra. 

i have Camilla/Caeda - and they can generally handle the magic issues (if they aren't danced and Bride Fjorm can do her job - she obviously can't touch Silvia or Ninian)
but i want a infantry team or something. 

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Teams that go that hard on anti-Vantage typically sacrifice their ability to deal with super tanks. Might be a good time to dust those off.

That's the beauty in my Matthew. He's a super tank that doubles as a Vantage unit. 

And yeah, like the rest of you I'm kind of unsure who I should build as an Astra tank. B!Ike is an attractive choice, but then there's the issue of Naga boosting DEF and his RES not being the best and I can't have him getting oneshot by mages despite the damage reduction. Then there's my potentially +1 +SPD Fallen Corrin as well as Fae but now that Thrasir has become a thing I'm afraid to invest in any dragon really. 

Lukas lacks the res, Fir and Donnel would have to be built from *4+10s to *5 +10s and Ross isn't ready. Currently at a loss.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

That's the beauty in my Matthew. He's a super tank that doubles as a Vantage unit. 

And yeah, like the rest of you I'm kind of unsure who I should build as an Astra tank. B!Ike is an attractive choice, but then there's the issue of Naga boosting DEF and his RES not being the best and I can't have him getting oneshot by mages despite the damage reduction. Then there's my potentially +1 +SPD Fallen Corrin as well as Fae but now that Thrasir has become a thing I'm afraid to invest in any dragon really. 

Lukas lacks the res, Fir and Donnel would have to be built from *4+10s to *5 +10s and Ross isn't ready. Currently at a loss.

Could you build W!Cecilia? She's working well for me so far.

I decided to use Kronya one last time, and I sort of gave up after saw the map, but I still tried anyways. I might be able to win it if I spent an hour on it, but that defeats the entire purpose of why I made the Kronya team in the first place. The units themselves were not too bad, since it is only Ophelia and AOTB!Veronica, VS!Azura, and some armor units, but there was so much shit in the way in the corner that makes it really cramp to do anything. I might have won if I had Null C-Disrupt, so I can knock out AOTB!Veronica on Enemy Phase, but I spent like 200 Orbs on the recent Foci and all I got was F!Morgan. I ended up timing out because I could not get my AMH!Hectors quickly enough to the front lines to smack the armor units; with all the shit in the way, I cannot Reposition the slowpokes forward.

After that loss, I just decided to stick with my Player Phase team for the rest of the week since I can win most maps in less than a three minutes without much thinking.

Edited by XRay

I laughed hard at my defs this week.
First one, my units killed all the 5 of the enemies. Second def, killed 4. Third def, killed 3. Fourth def, killed 2. Fifth def, killed just 1 (but the enemy surrendered). Gladly the next one wasn't a defeat to complete the cycle. Killed 1 again (but had lift loss control active) and then killed all the 5 again. Pretty good def week so far. I'll post my setup later.

My def setup for Anima:

M64slm7.jpg

Units:
+10 Nino (+Spd): Iris's Tome (unique), Rally Def/Res, Glimmer, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Odd Atk Wave, Atk/Spd 2
+10 Tharja (+Atk): Tharja's Hex (unique), Rally Spd/Def, Glimmer, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Drive Spd, Darting Blow 3
L!Azura (+HP/-Atk): Prayer Wheel, Gray Waes, Daylight, B Duel Flying, Aerobatics 3, Atk Tactic 3, Guidance
Ophelia (+Atk/-Spd): Missiletainn, Rally Up Atk+, Blazing Light, L&D3, Special Spiral, Atk Smoke 3, Hardy Bearing
Duma (+Spd/-HP): Fell Breath, Draconic Aura, Def/Res Solo 3, Bold Fighter 3, Upheaval, Armored Boots
Duma (+Def/-Res): Fell Breath, Smite, Draconic Aura, Def/Res Solo 3, Bold Fighter 3, Upheaval,  Fortyfy Res 3.

Edited by Rinco

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm still losing nearly every battle. Granted, this isn't Light week anymore, but can't I at least maintain my tier every week? I'm not going to this time, it looks like.

What tier are you in now?

And still, reminder for those mock battles, these things help.

4 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

What tier are you in now?

And still, reminder for those mock battles, these things help.

Still 20. True, but I've just wanted to do other things lately. Ugh... I really should try that at some point though.

Do you guys play with Confirm Action in the settings set to "Auto" or "Tap"? When I first started playing, I set it to "Tap" until I got used to the flow of the game, now it's always on "Auto". Well today it bit me in the ass somehow. After a string of 3-4 straight losses, not helped by the fact that almost everyone has a 3 point Fortress advantage over me, I came across an opponent that looked like an even match-up. I fielded a team that I thought had a chance and preceded to meticulously work my way up the right hand side of the map, snipping the bolt tower and getting everyone in position.  It was time to make my move, Byleth leading the charge to take out Sothis. The combat forecast showed in my favor, ready to strike with Alm coming in from behind. And then Byleth just stood in front of Sothis, his turn ended with doing nothing. I just got "fat fingered", and now the match is surely lost. And yep, Byleth gets taken out immediately on enemy phase, and at that point everything fell apart. I was able to take out a few enemies, at least letting me know that my unit match-up estimations are getting better, but it still hurts after winning almost no matches this season to lose again in this manner. Uggg.

One bit of good news after the match. To maybe make myself feel better after the loss, I figured I'd throw some orbs at a summon looking for some more DC fodder. After two garbage blue picks, the last green orb reveled a Nagi (+Atk -HP😁) So now after a bit over 200 orbs, I've summoned one of each of the distant counter heroes. Them problem is, after training them up and using them for a bit, I found I really like Byleth & Nailah. I'm sure the same will be said for Nagi. I originally wanted them for fodder, but now I'm not so sure. Does Nagi have a use in AR? Seems like an excellent answer to F!Tiki. Anyway, I have 6 more days to try and get some DC fodder I guess. "Ouch" says my wallet....

Screenshot_20191123-211905_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

Edited by TEKWRX
spelling derp

I've used Tap since forever, basically~ I'm way too indecisive about moves for Auto~

As Kuroi said, Nagi will be useful if you're having problems with Ophelia and AOE spam~ She is one armor that you may find useable in AR that works against some common threats. Don't be careless against F!Tiki, though, she still has Dragon Eff herself and is ridiculously fast. 

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I've used Tap since forever, basically~ I'm way too indecisive about moves for Auto~

As Kuroi said, Nagi will be useful if you're having problems with Ophelia and AOE spam~ She is one armor that you may find useable in AR that works against some common threats. Don't be careless against F!Tiki, though, she still has Dragon Eff herself and is ridiculously fast. 

Thanks, I think I'll switch to tap from now on.

Good to know about Nagi. Ophelia always seems to wreck me, so it will be nice to have a real counter to her. And I'll have my own F!Tiki right along side Nagi on that particular team to help out with a F!tiki if they have one. I've put Vantage on my Tiki and it seems to work well on her.

Edited by TEKWRX

11 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Good to know about Nagi. Ophelia always seems to wreck me, so it will be nice to have a real counter to her. And I'll have my own F!Tiki right along side Nagi on that particular team to help out with a F!tiki if they have one. I've put Vantage on my Tiki and it seems to work well on her.

Be careful there are alot of Dragon effective Damage weapons on AR Defenses, fielding 2 Dragons at the same time might not be good.

Besides if you really want an Ophelia counter now is the best time:
Pulse Smoke is fantastic to deal with any kind of precharged Infantry Team
Witchy Wand is fantastic too

46 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

Like Hilda said, just be mindful about having too many Dragons on one team. You can have a Nagi-Tiki team if the opponent has no Armor or Dragon Eff weapons, but try to have variations without too many overlapping weaknesses.

Vantage isn't bad, and if it's working for you, that's good, but Tiki's default Special Fighter has inbuilt Guard and extra CD for Tiki so it can be very useful in helping her tank. There are also a lot of Armor/Dragon Eff Daggers with unbuilt Hardy Bearing to neutralize Vantage, so be mindful of that, too, when checking your opponents Skills.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

Be careful there are alot of Dragon effective Damage weapons on AR Defenses, fielding 2 Dragons at the same time might not be good.

Besides if you really want an Ophelia counter now is the best time:
Pulse Smoke is fantastic to deal with any kind of precharged Infantry Team
Witchy Wand is fantastic too

Yeah, I definitely look for dragon/armor effective weapons before deploying.

And speaking of Witchy Wand, I was lucky enough to pull 2 copies of H!Mia last month. I really like her, but I haven't merged her yet. I don't often use her in AR because I think either my B!Camilla or B!Veronica are stronger staff units. But Witchy Wand does seem like it would be useful in AR. So if I was gonna fodder off one of my copies, who should get the wand? I was thinking about giving it to Camilla, as that would also let me give her Hone Fliers at the same time. I also pulled a second copy of Camilla recently so I could start merging her, or would it be better to fodder off that copy to another healer (thinking about building Priscilla) for Wrathful Staff?

What's the smart play here?

1 hour ago, TEKWRX said:

And speaking of Witchy Wand, I was lucky enough to pull 2 copies of H!Mia last month. I really like her, but I haven't merged her yet. I don't often use her in AR because I think either my B!Camilla or B!Veronica are stronger staff units. But Witchy Wand does seem like it would be useful in AR. So if I was gonna fodder off one of my copies, who should get the wand? I was thinking about giving it to Camilla, as that would also let me give her Hone Fliers at the same time. I also pulled a second copy of Camilla recently so I could start merging her, or would it be better to fodder off that copy to another healer (thinking about building Priscilla) for Wrathful Staff?

I don't think you should rush into foddering or merging at this time. Where you are now, still working on team comps, you may not even end up fitting a Staff into your final lineup~ Even though Witchy Wand is technically on Silque now, it's still premium fodder you may end up wanting to make use of elsewhere~

That said, Cav Healers are better in AR because of the range that they have. Veronica and B!Camilla have great Prfs and you're never really going to not want to be running them. You should honestly just build Priscilla, Nanna, or Ethlyn rather than remove Veronica's Prf because that's what makes her so good. I personally recommend working closely on some conceptualized team comps before doing any expensive SI or merging. It's good to have a lot of built units but don't go too crazy just yet on something you may not end up using as much as you thought.

Edited by Landmaster

OK, that makes sense. I guess I'm impatient, lol. Might not be the best fit for this game as it seems to have a lot of long term goals, but it is what it is 😁 I'm glad you pointed that out, because Witchy Wand does make more sense on Priscilla over either the Brave staffers. I still haven't even upgraded my Priscilla to 5* yet though, just been sidetracked doing other units first. I will wait a bit, but does it make sense to save both the Mia and Camilla fodder to give the Wand and Wrathful staff to Priscilla? That will allow me to do the Dazzle refine on the Wand so that way she'll have the increased power along with the counterattack prevention, right? 

Anyway, today was a good day. Won both my matches and only lost one unit between the both of them. I still need to work on my team comps though. Baby steps I guess

48 minutes ago, TEKWRX said:

OK, that makes sense. I guess I'm impatient, lol. Might not be the best fit for this game as it seems to have a lot of long term goals, but it is what it is 😁 I'm glad you pointed that out, because Witchy Wand does make more sense on Priscilla over either the Brave staffers. I still haven't even upgraded my Priscilla to 5* yet though, just been sidetracked doing other units first. I will wait a bit, but does it make sense to save both the Mia and Camilla fodder to give the Wand and Wrathful staff to Priscilla? That will allow me to do the Dazzle refine on the Wand so that way she'll have the increased power along with the counterattack prevention, right? 

Anyway, today was a good day. Won both my matches and only lost one unit between the both of them. I still need to work on my team comps though. Baby steps I guess

Long terms goals are actually fine, just better to wait till you have a strong grasp on builds/Skills/how units work and their roles, etc so you know exactly what you're gonna go for.

Camilla has a much more valuable Skill in Atk/Spd Push 4, which she is the only one to possess at this time. So if anything, I would fodder her for that over Wrathful Staff, which is on many units.

Also, would recommend watching this~

Akariss does good guides for 3-4* units of certain weapon and movement typies and how each one works best. I just used Priscilla as an example but you may find another Healer's stat spread works better for you, so I'd watch this before definitively deciding on one. 

Cool. I've seen a bunch of his unit analysis videos, they're pretty good. Don't remember if I saw his staff cav one, so I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm not super concerned with stat spreads, unless one unit is so obviously better than another. If they're close enough to be similar, I'll go with the character I like better. Priscilla has decent design/art and her voice actor doesn't annoy me like some units do (Peri, I'm looking at you) 😝

Also, for the first time since I started playing, I pulled a 5* with my free summon ticket tonight! I got Dorcas and it's cool because I don't have him yet. Although the absolute worst IV he could have. -Atk +Spd. Yuck.

It looks like Infantry Pulse is a cool skill and has use in AR? Should I integrate him into some of my raiding parties? I don't like to fodder off my only copy of a unit (I did it once with Takumi though), but if I did end up foddering him down the line what kinds of units would it be good for? 

@TEKWRX Infantry Pulse can be pretty cool, but I would be a little unwilling to sack my only Dorcas for it(assuming I had one in the first place). That said he is a pretty terrible boon/bane and he isn't a particularly high in demand unit.

If you do sack him for someone I would recommend giving QR1 and 2 to the unit you are inheriting Infantry Pulse to. May as well pick up QR3 at the same time. Many High HP units that can use Infantry Pulse are slow enough to appreciate Quick Riposte as well. Your QR2 sources would be 4* Subaki and Klein. So you'd also get swap and Resistance 1(or Sapphire Lance if a lance unit) or Chilling Wind and Glacies as well.

Though IP Aether teams tend to use more glass cannon type units(or at least many of the teams I have ran into have), but even many of those guys can soak one hit and may not be so fast as to laugh at a QR offering.

Didn;t really pay attention this week because I was busy, so got to T26 this time instead of T27. Has 250 aether today, but even that 6th match wouldn't get me there. 

I did have a lot of replays now though! So please take a look, and please add your own!

12 hours ago, TEKWRX said:

Now that Silque is in the main pool - her staff (same as witchy) is a good option for other units. but it's still a wait for her legendary debut. I had this issue myself because i pulled for 3 mias, killed 1, and I have one waiting for Camilla (for the hone fliers like you mentioned). Now for me - I intend to +10 Camilla and I primarily use fliers (but there is the atk/spd push that most healers would covet - the only real other options is X/Y Bond, X/Y Solo and X/Y Form. all of which have their pros + cons. there is Leif for atk/res push

every 3/4 cav healer has their pros and cons but they all have somewhat of the same stat spread. (I'm building Priscilla - eventually if i can ever get enough feathers). Veronica (would be a great 5* project) and you get a lot of pity breakers that's coming to keep in mind. but she does have Balm+' (one of the best). but it depends if you like Balm+'s. a lot of people don't due to panics etc.