Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, 101+101 today, which means that I need 900 (maybe 980) lift yet to go up to T21 and only 3 days left (4, but I’ve played yet today), so I’m probably out of the run for T21 too

AR season ends on Monday now so we do have 4 days left. But 250/day is kind of... difficult unless you have tons of Aether in stock, since it's hard to get 2 fights the last day.

@XRay My defense is Tibarn, L!Lucina, Lewyn, Aversa, Reinhardt and Eir. I think the reason was her high resistance and the fact that she had Steady Stance 4. Problem is she was so well positioned that Tibarn couldn't reach her.

As for today, it was a success. I've got 140 from a Surtr+L!Azura combo meal and 140 from a Cavalry rush defense team. The second one probably lost, because his Minizura was walled in into the top-left corner for whatever reason. Also, I only missed smashing 1 pot, meaning I have enough Aether to do 2 raids tomorrow again. Defense results are not in yet. Oh, and my Lv2 ladder is still fine.

8,980 Lift as of now. I'm not going to lie, I'm getting excited.

Edited by Garlyle

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

AR season ends on Monday now so we do have 4 days left. But 250/day is kind of... difficult unless you have tons of Aether in stock, since it's hard to get 2 fights the last day.

If only I had a better def map...but I don’t have either the units or the skill (or both) to make a challenging map. 

Also, I don’t think I’m good enough to make 250 lift every day xD

Yeah, I think I'm also out of Tier 21. Lost a match today, now I need 900 lift to get there. If my def manages to go undefeated, it would be easier. But counting lift loss from defs makes it pretty hard to promote. 

Well, there's always next light season, I guess. 

10,160. I just need one def win. But I don't get anyone. Was also the reason I tried to desperately get my hands on Leanne yesterday for a def setup.
Wish they already released a dark hero. Or I would have pulled more for second Eir... oh well.

My defense losses are improving. The first was a full -80. The second was a -60. Today's is a -40.

...Unfortunately, I lost 40 on offense from taking casualties. Getting 150 Lift per day is a pretty tall order for a Tier 18, especially when these opponents do a good job of protecting their pots.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Wow, my defensive team dodged the first attack with timeout. Good job team, I might survive one day without defense loss, which would be huge.

So, where does your AR defense belong on the Cancer Grading Scale: 

Spoiler

0xnskc55bbc21.png

Surtr also isn't that bad on defense, since he needs to keep Steady Stance 4 to not melt, leaving him wide open to other AI exploitation. I do love seeing Surtr +10s, backed by the 400-stone-orb-package-driven O Fort 4, get smited into my team and be virtually impervious, though. Granted, I did at least get a pick during the one defense that counted this morning because super whale Surtr doesn't solve positioning problems for other units. Laegjarn is supposed to cause rally trap problems for people trying to bait out Klein and Lilina, but the AI had an accidental genius moment against smited Surtr, lunging him out of the way so Klein could stroll down and smush their Aversa. Of course, Surtr then proceeded to stomp all over me, but it was slightly less painful than it could have been.

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Reveal hidden contents

0xnskc55bbc21.png

This list is definitely incomplete, no mention of Infantry Pulse or Ophelia

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Wow, my defensive team dodged the first attack with timeout. Good job team, I might survive one day without defense loss, which would be huge.

28 minutes ago, Johann said:

This list is definitely incomplete, no mention of Infantry Pulse or Ophelia

Also no mention of Guidance traps, Rally traps, Flier Formation/Aerobatics traps, Sturdy Impact + Hit and Run as a Wings of Mercy beacon, putting your real Traps in the opposite configuration of what people expect, and the 50 other gimmicks I've so far seen.

So far I have only gotten a -60 and a -20, with the counter being on ‘3 days left in season’, even though that’s actually 4, I still think that’s pretty great. If only I hadn’t flunked some attacks. 10160 right now, with 106 lift. So 176 at 08:00 in the morning. Wish me luck!

Fuck! I keep on losing track of the stupid turn limits. They should make the turn limit count down visible at all times instead of just at the start of the turn. Used up my last ladder, and won only one match today. They should also include Enemy Phase for the 7th turn. It is fucking stupid they cut it off.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Fuck! I keep on losing track of the stupid turn limits. They should make the turn limit count down visible at all times instead of just at the start of the turn. Used up my last ladder, and won only one match today. They should also include Enemy Phase for the 7th turn. It is fucking stupid they cut it off.

The options menu will show what turn it is, though that isn't exactly the most visible thing in the world. Agreed that no T7 EP is also a very weird decision.

I apologize in advance if anyone runs into my defense team. I broke down and went to the dark side of running two L!Azuras. >.>

4 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The options menu will show what turn it is, though that isn't exactly the most visible thing in the world.

Ah okay. It is a bit annoying to have to go through the options menu, but at least it is there.

4 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I broke down and went to the dark side of running two L!Azuras. >.>

That is okay. If people are running Sharena, she can nullify buffs pretty well.

I feel like I'm starting to get really good at my current main team of Halloween Myrrh, Winter Fae, Legendary Azura, and 2 Eirs.

I've been able to do a lot of sniping and tanking with Eir's reach and Fae's bulk, and Guidance on Eir has been instrumental in getting her in a Reposition chain to  send her all the way across the map to snipe the last Aether structure.

I think this week has been the most fun I've had with Aether Raids since it came out. I've used no ladders so far and have earned no fewer than 150 points every match.

Now, I should make a cheesier defense team so it's not constantly getting run over.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

putting your real Traps in the opposite configuration of what people expect

If you're caught by that you're just playing careless, tbh. Perfect play requires you to win in all 4 possible trap configs. (12 if we consider the level of the bolt trap---gravity trap is less affected by level changes.)

6 hours ago, XRay said:

You can check turn count by going to the menu---I check menu all the time in my Galeforce videos because I usually set my 'go' turn as the 2nd to last turn.

Off-topic: Finally get to play AR on an afternoon rather than midnight, so I don't wake up fucking sleep deprived as shit. +I make tons of impatient mistakes because I need to just fucking sleep already. (Tue & Thurs I'm busy 10 to 10, not counting commute, which is beyond hellish for someone used to 10-12 hours of sleep.)

As predicted, though, I didn't get hit today on defense, meaning it's still 'only' 500 lift to go. (I give myself something like 30% chance to crash and burn despite how good this looks---I'm so fucking inconsistent.)

Edit:

51 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've used no ladders so far and have earned no fewer than 150 points every match.

I'm glaring at you with mixed envy and disdain at the resources at your disposal, btw.

(For reals though I'm actually more jealous of the amount of light blessings you have than anything else. Fighting with stat disadvantage means you need to rely more on cheese, which further means you need to run a lot of different 'hard-counter' comps, which just isn't feasible without a lot of light blessings to toss around---and maybe different sets on Eir so I can actually run the cheesier sets my box technically allows but my team comp requirements forbid.)

Edited by DehNutCase

18 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Used up my ladder, and earned a total of 100 Lift, couldn't even properly break pots either. This is looking terrible fot me.

Yeah, I did not break any either today. I had a net gain of just 40 Lift (120 Win - 80 Loss) today. I think I can still make it to Tier 20, but it is starting to feel a little close.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

They should also include Enemy Phase for the 7th turn. It is fucking stupid they cut it off.

Yeah, I fell for that one myself a couple of times. Inclidung this week, spoiling my try for tier 21.