Langrisser M General

redlight

On 22.2.2019 at 10:51 PM, Sylphid said:

On a personal note, the one place I use Breeze enchants in is potentially cutting a turn in some of those map events where you have to reach a chest, in addition to using Teleport shenigans. The one with two bridges comes to mind where it actually achieved this.

Even if that is an use for this resonance it's:
1. still highly unreliable
2. dedicating your enchantment slot for 1 type of World Map mission is really not a good idea, especially since they have far greater uses for other battles

I added the equipment choices for Luna and made some comments about which one you should choose for which class. Completely forgot about her.

-------------------------

Btw. don't mind my ramblings below, I'm still trying to choose between Hein and Egbert.

Spoiler

Hein has a much more versatile Talent. He is not that great for the first two turns but pass that he basically gets a 20%+ INT increase for the entire fight.
He also has a much more offensive Hero Boost with 10/40/10/35 (Firebrand Archers) compared to Egbert's 35/10/10/35 (Hellfire Archers).
I also think his spell list more versatile between raw damage (2 ST spells, Meteor), debuffs (Thunder Storm, Forget) and utility (Cleanse for buff removal, Teleport). Pretty sure that Bernhardt's faction buff affects Hein's magic as well which means he will outright delete Infantry or Cavarly en masse.

Egbert on the other hand has the big advantage of being with the Strategic Masters faction which Hein lacks. If I need to deploy Altemuller Hein is basically not an option. His talent offsets some of his lack of damage against normal enemies but bosses usually sport immunity against it, making him kinda useless.
He has an interesting option in running a "magic tank" set with Dark Scythe and Healing which would still allow him to carry one of his AoE spells but his lack of damage makes it a bit sketch in my eyes.

I absolutely need another mage because Imelda alone doesn't do enough against those physically tanky enemies (Cyclops, Titans, the Ice Dragon etc.) but the choice is so hard. I don't plan on raising Bozel because raising 3 SSRs is a chore and he is not that great by himself; his greatest strength for Empire is to be deployed as a duo with Lana who I don't have.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The matchmaking for arena in this game is pretty shit. I just had three rank up qualification attempts, only to get 9/9, the worst match ups before I lost my patience, so that's pretty exciting.

Also not sure how I want to Angelina, she just couldn't come out the box good like her sister, alas. She's a serpent knight for now, but oof

On 2/21/2019 at 10:02 PM, Sylphid said:

@Soledaisent you a friend request. There are a lot of Aldreuses on Baldea it seems like.

It took me longer than I care to admit to find out where to accept friends, but I got you!

Edited by Soledai

So about those Guild Battles...

1: Holy heck do they take up a lot of time. Doing dailies takes long enough, but now I get to toss Guild Battles on top of that. When do I ever have time to progress in the Time Rift or the main story? This is not even counting stamina consumption! (At least Guild Battles doesn't use stamina, they just block the character from being used for that day in GB.)

2: The rewards are nice. The monthly Runestone is definitely one of the items to shoot for, otherwise it mostly seems to be getting Class Materials and some Gems to upgrade Equipment. Easing the load on the Time Rifts for Class Mats is appreciated, but I haven't actually bought any yet so I don't know if they are actually worthwhile.

3: Guild Battles definitely reward players who keep up a well built roster. Thinking about just building 6-8 Heroes? In Guild Battles, once they are used, they go on cooldown for the day.  I hope your roster is somewhat built and leveled! Oh, and factions are important too for the separate mapwide buff effect. You could go off-faction, but the enemies get some buffs too...

Overall, nice rewards (especially the monthly Runestone), but man it is draining if one wants to keep up with it daily. 

As an aside, I keep forgetting to do my Bozel dailies (at least I got the shards to redeem him). I just get caught up in everything else. It doesn't help that river map with the lancers hard-counters my Sonya. At times like this I wish I had a Ledin so I can just toss him in there and let him have at it...

Edited by Sire

5 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

My guess as to why she isn't A- is that Rewind has a 5 turn cooldown while Liana's Again only has a two turn cooldown. But I'm not the one who made the list nor do I have Sophia, so I can't say much more on the matter.

That's strange. It is slightly more expensive in Canada (a 0.99USD pack should translate to 1.30CAD but is instead 1.39CAD), but that's a 6.5% increase in price, not something a 25% one. 

eh her talent isn't bad. i'd probably use her over anna. 

5 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

2. dedicating your enchantment slot for 1 type of World Map mission is really not a good idea, especially since they have far greater uses for other battles

I added the equipment choices for Luna and made some comments about which one you should choose for which class. Completely forgot about her.

-------------------------

Btw. don't mind my ramblings below, I'm still trying to choose between Hein and Egbert.

Hide contents

Hein has a much more versatile Talent. He is not that great for the first two turns but pass that he basically gets a 20%+ INT increase for the entire fight.
He also has a much more offensive Hero Boost with 10/40/10/35 (Firebrand Archers) compared to Egbert's 35/10/10/35 (Hellfire Archers).
I also think his spell list more versatile between raw damage (2 ST spells, Meteor), debuffs (Thunder Storm, Forget) and utility (Cleanse for buff removal, Teleport). Pretty sure that Bernhardt's faction buff affects Hein's magic as well which means he will outright delete Infantry or Cavarly en masse.

Egbert on the other hand has the big advantage of being with the Strategic Masters faction which Hein lacks. If I need to deploy Altemuller Hein is basically not an option. His talent offsets some of his lack of damage against normal enemies but bosses usually sport immunity against it, making him kinda useless.
He has an interesting option in running a "magic tank" set with Dark Scythe and Healing which would still allow him to carry one of his AoE spells but his lack of damage makes it a bit sketch in my eyes.

I absolutely need another mage because Imelda alone doesn't do enough against those physically tanky enemies (Cyclops, Titans, the Ice Dragon etc.) but the choice is so hard. I don't plan on raising Bozel because raising 3 SSRs is a chore and he is not that great by himself; his greatest strength for Empire is to be deployed as a duo with Lana who I don't have.

Spoiler

let's not forget that Hein also gets bonuses for the glory faction...

Since I could clear the Dark Contract event really easily by warping Ledin in the middle of the enemies, I went hard into it to farm it, despite only having access to the level 35 map. I managed to get 48100 points. Glad I did since the SSR pack gave me a really good Helmet that raise defensive stats while troops at 50% or more and raise Atk and Skill when below 50% (Carbon Fiber Helmet) and the SSR equipment netted me the Overlord Badge, which notably makes the wearer immune to stat down and mobility down debuffs. I was getting frustrated with my tank losing the ability to do its job, especially when it was undispellable, so this accessory is a god-send. If the map I can solo with Ledin comes back before the end of the event, I might try grinding for the second SSR pack. 

10 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Agreed on both accounts. It's not something I would recommend, just something I did :P:

On point 2, I used equipment I would otherwise throw away on a flier I'm not using anywhere else so it's not taking away from other content. Of course, picking said flier from the unit selection screen probably takes more time than Breeze might save lol.

I'm really liking Guild War, simply because it's a mode that let's me play the game without having to worry about stamina. Sure it's still limited in how much you can play, but it doesn't share this limitation with every other mode in the game.

I take what I said back about Guild Rewards. THEY ARE AMAZING!

10 class materials of your choice for some Guild Points. I caved and just upgraded Lana (45 class mats) for the Black Hole ability and now she wrecks Goblins like no tomorrow. Heck, due to Black Hole, I even decided to say "screw it" and redeem my Bozel. I'm gonna get his Faction Buff first so no Black Hole or Seal for me in the near future, but man...

Hopefully the guild earns enough points so I can just nab my Runestone for the month, otherwise I'm gonna have to quickly grind some points before the month is over.
- - - - -
That aside, trying to do the Secret Realm stuff without Dailies sucks. I need to wait to level up my Bozel and I really want my Angel troops (just one upgrade away, I already got the rainbow tome). At least my Bonds tab is sorta open now since I got Liana and Cherie to 4-star status. Probably gonna focus on Lana (almost done), Bernhardt, and Bozel.

Took me all three daily tries, but I finally managed to 3 star 4-3 elite. All my units were level 40 and none had tier 3 troops, which made facing lvl 40 units that did have tier 3 soldiers a real pain. Had to switch Liana for Tiaris since the former lacks decent AoE healing until she gets Prayer and Tiaris' talent came in clutch to allow Freya to survive tanking 2 enemies.

I normally don't care that much if I can't 3 star a Star Rift right away since I can just come back when I'm stronger, but that rift is the only source of Samurai Scroll I currently have at my disposal, which I need to promote Luna and Cherie. Me reaching team level 40 tomorrow should also give me access to the level 40 promotion material in the guild shop, so that will accelerate my With that, I might finally be able to get tier 3 units of my own when I promote them, which should hopefully make dealing with lvl 40+ maps easier going forward. Luna is also starting to have trouble taking hits, so I might class change her to bow master soon. I am happy with how hard she hits though, all that MDef stacking is paying off. 

I was confused this morning when the Guild War round hadn't ended. Do we not get rewards unless we 100% clear it (aside from the individual contribution ones which I do have)? If that's the case, time to kiss goodbye to February's Rune Stone. I can still get two instead of one next month which is awesome, but getting that extra this month would be even better.

EDIT: one of the people in the guild said the forfeit button lets you end the round and get the rewards you've earned. Anyone know if this is true? That button gives a pop-up that says all the points will be lost and the guild's effort will be wasted in scary red text.

8 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Luna is also starting to have trouble taking hits, so I might class change her to bow master soon. I am happy with how hard she hits though, all that MDef stacking is paying off. 

My Luna feels rather weak despite using the MDef stacking thing with her, though I am comparing her to Cherie which is probably unfair.

Edited by Sylphid

I'm not going to touch the Guild stuff personally. Great rewards is certainly appealing (especially the bonus runestone), but I feel I'm already spending too much time on Langrisser Mobile so I'm not willing to add Guild Wars on top of it. The secret realm power boost helps of course and it's very welcome, but the time required is still pretty high in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Sylphid said:

I was confused this morning when the Guild War round hadn't ended. Do we not get rewards unless we 100% clear it (aside from the individual contribution ones which I do have)? If that's the case, time to kiss goodbye to February's Rune Stone. I can still get two instead of one next month which is awesome, but getting that extra this month would be even better.

EDIT: one of the people in the guild said the forfeit button lets you end the round and get the rewards you've earned. Anyone know if this is true? That button gives a pop-up that says all the points will be lost and the guild's effort will be wasted in scary red text.

My Luna feels rather weak despite using the MDef stacking thing with her, though I am comparing her to Cherie which is probably unfair.

My Luna hits harder than my Cherie. During battle, with Faction buff, my luna reaches 452 Atk with Wind Spiral active from her 301 MDef. Meanwhile, Cherie hits 400 Atk. Luna also benefits from doing her Bond Power since she her Hero Boosts give 40% more Atk to her troops compared to only 20% for Cherie. 

Edited by LuxSpes

2 minutes ago, Thokk Patrol said:

cherie's base atk is really high.

I know that. I'm not saying that Cherie's weak, just that Luna can hit in the same Atk once you invest in +MDef% gear. It can just take a while for her to feel powerful since % based increase are more noticeable the higher the base number is.

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I know that. I'm not saying that Cherie's weak, just that Luna can hit in the same Atk once you invest in +MDef% gear. It can just take a while for her to feel powerful since % based increase are more noticeable the higher the base number is.

also luna has the issue of not being a freebie and etc. She's still really good tho.

On 24.2.2019 at 4:27 AM, Sire said:

When do I ever have time to progress in the Time Rift or the main story? This is not even counting stamina consumption! (At least Guild Battles doesn't use stamina, they just block the character from being used for that day in GB.)

Overall, nice rewards (especially the monthly Runestone), but man it is draining if one wants to keep up with it daily. 

If you do the guild battles you can substitute your class mat grinding with that.

But yeah, once you pass Lvl 40 your progress in Time Rifts and the main story tanks a lot. There is a lot to do between:
- maintaining your roster (levels, class mastery, equipment)
- a lot of daily quests
- the current Bozel event
I'm out of burgers because I used all of them for Aniki farming (to unlock Angels, Dark Guard and Lava Titan). Now I'm reliant on natural stamina regen + the daily burger supply.

Upgrading your equipment past 30 takes so much gold and hammers it's not even funny and you regularly need to farm the gems if you get new equipment or want to upgrade it to the next star level.

For the dailies the only one I really find unnecessary is Goblin Hunting. It's really puzzling why they have the key resource AND a stamina cost attached to this. If they let us hoard the keys instead of being forced to do 1 battle every day it would be much better, giving you the option to fully dedicate yourself to gold farming and have 20 more stamina each day.

Everything else is borderline necessary for progress though. Imagine no daily bonus for training school or Aniki, it would be a nightmare to farm this stuff. Some of the other stuff like using X item is not really a chore either, it's nice free EXP.

Edited by Magus of Memery

So I'm one of the newer servers and the previous Echo of Light, which ended later there since it started when the server launched, finally ended yesterday. I was strongly considering going full whale for the twin princesses' skins and maybe try a couple more pulls on the banner, but when I looked this morning, we had no Echo of Light. I sent a ticket to ask when we could expect to have the Echo of Light up and they said we'll have to wait for when the current Echo of Light finishes for the older servers and the new one arrives. I asked for them clarify if that meant newer servers would eternally lagging behind when it comes to Echo of Light or if they'll just skip the current Echo and its rewards, and if the latter was the case, when we could expect the skins to be back . The reply was pretty ambiguous, just telling me that they'll open this event in the future and to please be patient. No idea what that means honestly. 

Kind of think this might hurt their sales number since I'm pretty sure a lot of people willing to spend might hesitate if there's no Echo event to make their spending more worthwhile. I'd honestly have preferred they cut short the previous Echo to keep my server in-line with the others instead of this ambiguous waiting period with nothing going on. 

44 minutes ago, Thokk Patrol said:

also luna has the issue of not being a freebie and etc. She's still really good tho.

That is true, but I was addressing, Sylphid's comment about their Luna feeling weak, so whether or not Luna is a freebie is not a factor. And I just used Cherie as a comparison point since she's a premium attacker .

8 hours ago, Sylphid said:

For Guild Battles...

1: Previous rounds will carry over into the new week. (This was news to me, I thought it would automatically end.)
2: When the week "resets," it gives your Guild 2 more "rounds" to attempt. it will refresh the amount of Guild Attempts to 2. (There is a max of 2 new attempts a week [2/2]. Unused attempts are lost, so try to get in all of your rounds!)
3: "Forfeiting" a Guild Battle is a giant misnomer. What it actually does is retreat and reset the round (and this can only be done by the Guild Leader or Vice Leaders). You will not lose any accumulated rewards and will be rewarded accordingly to your progress. So, if the guild managed to clear 40%, you'll get the 20% and 40% Guild Bonuses when the round is reset. All that happens is you can no longer progress in that round. // Personal rewards are given immediately, Guild Rewards are received through mail.
4: Guild Battles are sorted by difficulty, which essentially determines the levels available. For example, the highest levels on Easy is 40 while Normal is 45. It is best to join a guild with a similar power level to yours so you can get them most out of Guild Battles. The idea is to clear as much as possible as fast as possible so the guild can reset the round for more rewards. // At the moment, I think full clearing easier difficulties gives more rewards than making some progress in harder ones, but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Sire
Clarifications

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

My Luna hits harder than my Cherie. During battle, with Faction buff, my luna reaches 452 Atk with Wind Spiral active from her 301 MDef. Meanwhile, Cherie hits 400 Atk. Luna also benefits from doing her Bond Power since she her Hero Boosts give 40% more Atk to her troops compared to only 20% for Cherie. 

I'll check their in-battle stats when I have stamina, but looking at their stats in the Hero menu, Cherie has 290+126 attack while my Luna has 160+56 MDef. Even when adding 50% to Luna's, that's almost a 100 point difference.

That said Cherie's my most invested in unit so in hindsight the difference makes sense.

5 minutes ago, Sire said:

For Guild Battles...

1: Previous rounds will carry over into the new week. (This was news to me, I thought it would automatically end.)
2: When the week "resets," it gives your Guild 2 more "rounds" to attempt. (So if you had one running the previous week, you can do all 3.) Try to get all your rounds in for the week!
3: "Forfeiting" a Guild Battle is a giant misnomer. What it actually does is retreat and reset the round (and this can only be done by the Guild Leader or Vice Leaders). You will not lose any accumulated rewards and will be rewarded accordingly to your progress. So, if the guild managed to clear 40%, you'll get the 20% and 40% Guild Bonuses when the round is reset. All that happens is you can no longer progress in that round. // Personal rewards are given immediately, Guild Rewards are received through mail.
4: Guild Battles are sorted by difficulty, which essentially determines the levels available. For example, the highest levels on Easy is 40 while Normal is 45. It is best to join a guild with a similar power level to yours so you can get them most out of Guild Battles. The idea is to clear as much as possible as fast as possible so the guild can reset the round for more rewards. // At the moment, I think full clearing easier difficulties gives more rewards than making some progress in harder ones, but I'm not sure.

Hope this helps!

It certainly helps, thanks!

I might be misunderstanding something, but points 1+2 sound like going from 2/2 rounds at the end of week should make you have 4/2 at the start of the next week. I know for a fact that's not the case since my guild went from 1/2 to 2/2 (plus the ongoing round that didn't end). If that's not what you meant, my bad!

The part about forfeiting is huge, because what the game tells you is the exact opposite. I've noticed the translation is spotty at times but this one's actually the first time it's negatively affecting gameplay. Do the guild progress rewards come to mail immediately?

Now I'm hoping my guild forfeits the round so I can work on getting that rune stone this month. I wouldn't care looking for a new guild since I don't need a super active one as long as I can get that monthly rune stone. Class upgrading materials would be a very nice bonus of course.

1 minute ago, Sylphid said:

I might be misunderstanding something, but points 1+2 sound like going from 2/2 rounds at the end of week should make you have 4/2 at the start of the next week. I know for a fact that's not the case since my guild went from 1/2 to 2/2 (plus the ongoing round that didn't end). If that's not what you meant, my bad!

The part about forfeiting is huge, because what the game tells you is the exact opposite. I've noticed the translation is spotty at times but this one's actually the first time it's negatively affecting gameplay. Do the guild progress rewards come to mail immediately?

1: I probably should reword that to say "Weekly Resets refresh the amount of Guild Attempts to 2." There is a max of 2 new attempts a week, and if the guild did not use up all attempts from the previous week, those attempts are lost.

2: Tell the guild to forfeit and claim the rewards. My guild seems to be somewhat competent (we got 4-5 guys actively working on Guild Battles and teaming u[, with the rest of the members chipping in here and there). // As for the rewards, I believe they are immediate after the "forfeit."

14 hours ago, Sylphid said:

I'll check their in-battle stats when I have stamina, but looking at their stats in the Hero menu, Cherie has 290+126 attack while my Luna has 160+56 MDef. Even when adding 50% to Luna's, that's almost a 100 point difference.

That said Cherie's my most invested in unit so in hindsight the difference makes sense.

@LuxSpes After I checked their attack stats when attacking (with faction buff and Luna's skill active), turns out the difference in attack was a measly 30 or so. At this point the only reason I can think that makes Luna feel so much weaker for me is the lack of attack skills and Wild Princess, which honestly speaking are pretty big deals.

Speaking of Luna though, if I make her into an archer with the next rune stones we get, what SR bow should she use, since I don't have an SSR bow? The one that gives attack seems pointless on her, as does the one that increases skill damage... So the one that increases skill stat?

@Sire Thanks for clarifying. And yeah I told them that, will see how it goes. We're up to 80% on the very first round right now and I don't think majority of the people in guild can do the level 45 one... Not to mention most aren't playing the mode lol.

With in-battle stats after the buffs, my Cherie has close to 600 atk and my Luna has around 450; there's a massive power difference between the two for me, even including the fact that Luna got two Runestones (so more stats). That's not including the fact that Cherie has skills with much higher damage multiplier too (1.6x versus 1x), so my Cherie easily does double Luna's damage.

Part of Luna's issue is that four of her skill points are automatically taken on my team: She's my team buffer so she needs the faction buff, and she needs her "damage is based on m.def" skill too, so she has a single point leftover (I'm using it for the "move your remaining points after attacking"). I have Luna as a cavalry archer since I find her more useful that way: at least, she's very potent against flyers, she can counter-attack mages while taking minimal damage, and she can "kite" slow melee units.

She's critical to my team, but damagewise, Cherie >>> Luna for me by a very significant amount (except against flyers).

Regarding Luna weapon as an horse archer, I got an SSR dagger that gives a tiny bit of M.Def (Nighthawk) and some Skill. I'm pretty sure it comes from a boss (Those on the map that takes 30 stamina)? It's just 2% additional m.def, but that's the best I found for her so far. And yes, you still have 2 range with a dagger.

12 minutes ago, Ayra said:

Regarding Luna weapon as an horse archer, I got an SSR dagger that gives a tiny bit of M.Def (Nighthawk) and some Skill. I'm pretty sure it comes from a boss (Those on the map that takes 30 stamina)? It's just 2% additional m.def, but that's the best I found for her so far. And yes, you still have 2 range with a dagger.

This... Is revolutionary. Also probably something I should have realized ages ago. But yeah I have that dagger too, so that works. Thanks!

I'm starting to think that for a lot of my characters, the level 50 class upgrade might not be that important. It gives them additional soldiers and most of them would rather use soldiers unlocked through training (angels, sorceresses, etc.) or ones unlocked already at earlier class upgrades (Liana using Bishop over Exorcist, for example). So the only one I really want that upgrade for ASAP is Ledin, so he can finally have lancer soldiers. Makes me think I could finally move some resources towards units who aren't in main team but I would like to use occasionally.

I finally managed to solo the level 40 flier Aniki, which allowed me to do the level 45. I walked away with 4 rainbow books, which allowed me to finally get Angels unlocked. This should be a big power boost for Cherie who was still using tier 2 troops. Not sure what to do with the 3 remaining books. I could unlock Gargoyles and Holy Pegasus, but I don't know is I should rather keep them to upgrade the Angels instead (if they need Rainbow books down the line that is. Right they only need gold material). Edit : Accidentally used one for the Gargoyles when I tried to check who could use them. The answer : none of the units I have leveled have use for them.

@Sylphid Like Ayra said, the free SSR dagger is the best weapon for an archer Luna until you get Ullr's Bow, a SSR bow that increases troop range by 1, meaning Luna can run Griffon Knights or Heavensguards to attack at range, which is much stronger than using Demon Hunters.

@Ayra From what I read, Luna can't really reach her full damage potential unless you have Shelfaniel to take care of the faction buff or you run her on Strategy team. When she doesn't have to to carry her buff, she can run Snipe, Move Again and Wind Spiral to go full offensive. Getting Ullr's Bow is also a big power spike for her. 

Edited by LuxSpes