Voting Gauntlet - New Year's Showdown!

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet - New Year's Showdown!  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who you will support in this Voting Gauntlet?

• Fjorm: New Traditions
    • Camilla: Holiday Traveler
    • Gunnthrá: Year's First Dream
    • Takumi: Prince of Soup
    • Laevatein: Kumade Warrior
    • Azura: Celebratory
    • Hríd: Resolute Prince
    • Corrin: Enjoying Tradition

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2019 at 03:59 AM

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Takumi will get absolutely stomped in this, seeing as they put him up against the designated banner flagship. ugh 

That's not going to stop me from supporting him of course. I always stand with my faves.

For anyone in the same boat who hasn't gotten my friend code yet:  4494389072  

Lead will be my +10 Sakura for now. 

Edited by Nanima

Going with Azura since she is my favorite of the bunch and it would be funny to see if she wins the News Years Gauntlet two times in a row. Catria will probably be my lead for the majority of it since most of the participants are flier units.

The beginning of 2018 meets the end of 2018... It follows conventions already set in place, but this VG has a sort of poetry about it, if you think about it. Almost kind of sad.

As for who I'm supporting, though, I have to go with Hrid. I wonder where Ylgr is during this New Years celebration. Hope she didn't get sick or anything...

Technically I have all of last year's NY units, but I'm going to go with Takumi because I do still like him as a character.

He also cost me a shitton of orbs and a 5% pity rate to get, so even more reason to join him I guess.

I'm a bit of a free vote right now, as I have all the units from last year and hopefully I'll pull Fjorm as well. Which should I join with? Of these probably the best bets are the fliers from last year as both have been regulars in clears of tricky maps and they showed up in the same session.

9 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

As for who I'm supporting, though, I have to go with Hrid. I wonder where Ylgr is during this New Years celebration. Hope she didn't get sick or anything...

My headcanon (and I hope canon) is that Ylgr was too young to go and so she was left in the care of someone they trusted. Someone who already has been taking care of a younger sibling and could be trusted to keep an eye on Ylgr. Bit of a firey brute on the outside but he'd be staunch in keeping the two safe.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I'm a bit of a free vote right now, as I have all the units from last year and hopefully I'll pull Fjorm as well. Which should I join with? Of these probably the best bets are the fliers from last year as both have been regulars in clears of tricky maps and they showed up in the same session.

Do you want me to roll a d8 for you?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Uh, probably roll a d4 for last year's NY units and if I get Fjorm I'll pick her because she'd want the HM most.

Got it. Gonna roll my special cough drop yellow dice that I use for my character XD

My friends and I haven't had a D&D session for almost a month so I haven't been able to use my dice at all lately!

1-Camilla
2-Takumi
3-Azura
4-Corrin

Dice says 4-Corrin.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Got it. Gonna roll my special cough drop yellow dice that I use for my character XD

My friends and I haven't had a D&D session for almost a month so I haven't been able to use my dice at all lately!

1-Camilla
2-Takumi
3-Azura
4-Corrin

Dice says 4-Corrin.

So Norrin it is, Can't say he's a stellar unit but he has his uses.

My only unit from these is Takumi, and I barely use her him.

I like Laev, plus Azura probably drop her out with popularity, so that's a lot of flag usage for me.

Edited by Garlyle

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I don't have any of them so I'll go with Laevatein until she loses and then move to Azura~

So that's 2 of us. Did I add you in Heroes yet?

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

So that's 2 of us. Did I add you in Heroes yet?

Glossing over my FL, I don't think so~ 

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Don't worry guys! If you don't plan to summon on the New Year Banner and still want to support Fjorm or Laevatein, you can buy them in the New Year's Bundles! It's just $75 each. Cheap, right?

Don't tempt me with terrible life decisions I was considering on making

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Don't tempt me with terrible life decisions I was considering on making

Yeah... I was thinking to get the bundles... until I saw the price. I would get both, or at least the Fjorm Pack, but no way i will spent this much! Why they didn't do a special offer like the Black Knight's Pack?

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... I was thinking to get the bundles... until I saw the price. I would get both, or at least the Fjorm Pack, but no way i will spent this much! Why they didn't do a special offer like the Black Knight's Pack?

I wish they'd done that~ I can do without the Grails, though they'd be nice, for a lower price and less Orbs~

23 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Why they didn't do a special offer like the Black Knight's Pack?

I agree that the new packs are too expensive and making Aether stones part if it is plain unsympathetic. 

BK was a different case though, because he wasn't new (and shiny) but already available for free then. 

I tend to support Airzura btw. 

Edited by mampfoid

The only right choice is El Señor de la Sopa. The Sir of Soup, if you will.

Takumi’s also the only one I have (Corrin who?) so there isn’t really any competition. Plus it gives me an excuse to finally use him since all he does is gather dust in the barracks.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I agree that the new packs are too expensive and making Aether stones part if it is plain unsympathetic. 

BK was a different case though, because he wasn't new (and shiny) but already available for free then. 

I feel like the pricing of the New Years' packs turned off many potential buyers. There are probably lots of people who would've been happy to purchase a pack without grails or aether stones and far less feathers and orbs if it meant a lower price. It should've been an option in addition to the more expensive pack, at the very least.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I feel like the pricing of the New Years' packs turned off many potential buyers. There are probably lots of people who would've been happy to purchase a pack without grails or aether stones and far less feathers and orbs if it meant a lower price.

Something tells me the price tag would still be as jacked up as it is now. After all, the guaranteed seasonals are the draw here, the grails are just a bonus for their whales and to truly send out the message that aether raids is p2w.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Something tells me the price tag would still be as jacked up as it is now. After all, the guaranteed seasonals are the draw here, the grails are just a bonus for their whales and to truly send out the message that aether raids is p2w.

75 dollars for the unit in question, less feathers and orbs, and no grails or aether stones?

That sounds like a much harder sell, even to whales ... I feel like the current price tag makes sense only because they stuffed so much bonus goodies into it.