SF's "Write Your Butt Off" Competition HD II.5 Remix

AnonymousSpeed

16 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

So Kyle, what have we got here."
"This is a wooden spatula. You can use it to scrape metal pans without damaging them. As you can see, this particular one has a handle carved to look like a dog."

I honestly see Lute as more of a W, now that you mention it.

Hmm...Yeah, Lute is totally W. I guess Anna could be Alex Guarnashelli since she shows up everywhere? (Guy's shows, Bobby Flay's shows, Alton Brown's shows...)

Feedback!

@ShoblongooI had no idea that Alton Brown was on these forums! You had a near perfect interpretation of him. I loved this, but I did feel as if it dragged on a little bit towards the end; it was not a slow read by any means, though. Great job! I found it quite funny, seeing as I am a food network fan. It kept a lighter tone well without being boring, which is not easy to do.

@TheSilentChloeyNot bad, not bad. A bit slow and meandering, but not bad.

@Anacybele I do agree here that given the amount of action, the hefty word count did not work that much in your favor. (Or should I say flavor?) By the time I'd reached the action scene, I'd kinda zoned out a little; beyond that point, it grabbed my attention much more. In the future, I'd consider both working towards having a lower word count and getting to the action sooner rather than later.

8 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Except for the fact you have the reader having to wade through it to get to the point of your story, which need I mention is never a good thing unless it's for multi chapter stories which give you more space to work with a given theme.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How you feel is not how other people feel. Other people might not have felt that they needed to "wade through it." Also, you were VERY fucking wrong about my entry not fitting the theme. If you weren't lazy and actually READ my piece instead of skimming it, you would have seen the scenes where blueberry cheesecake was being cooked.

I don't have to cater everything to your preferences and you don't speak for other people.

Good lord, this again?! Urgh, we get it, you won't agree on this. Please just accept each other's opinions and move on. This is getting rather tiresome.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Oh I saw it thank you very much.  And drop the swearing Ana, I did not swear at you at any point in this discussion and you have no reason to act like a child, because swearing is entirely unnecessary.

All I'm saying is bare in mind that for this specific area, you need to make the work more easier to read through.  Shorter for this contest is better- that's not to say yours is bad, all I said was that it was long and difficult to read through.  

If you think swearing is childish, then you must think that nearly every adult and teenager on this planet is childish. Which is ridiculous. Also, you were pretty childish to call me rude after you just basically insulted my piece.

Then I don't want to be in this contest. If I can't write an entry without somebody complaining about petty shit like the length, I'm done. I've said before that I cannot and do not want to write pieces that are just a couple thousand words. When I tried to, I then got told that there wasn't enough going on in it. So I'm done trying to do that unless what I do write just happens to end up that way. I'm not forcing myself to write something short or else it will just come out even worse.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly now I kinda feel bad for not submitting anything considering the state of things. Oh well what can ya do? I’ve been a bit busy as of late what with Persona 5 Royal completely taking over my life these past couple of weeks

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If you think swearing is childish, then you must think that nearly every adult and teenager on this planet is childish. Which is ridiculous. Also, you were pretty childish to call me rude after you just basically insulted my piece.

Then I don't want to be in this contest. If I can't write an entry without somebody complaining about petty shit like the length, I'm done. I've said before that I cannot and do not want to write pieces that are just a couple thousand words. When I tried to, I then got told that there wasn't enough going on in it. So I'm done trying to do that unless what I do write just happens to end up that way. I'm not forcing myself to write something short or else it will just come out even worse.

Can you stop being so stubborn and actually just try to figure out the happy medium wherein you have enough details and hidden Easter eggs but short enough that it works out?  But okay, you do you, again.

I have never, never encountered someone so hell bent on complaining at an even worse level than I am capable of and that is really saying something, given I probably don't act like an adult either, but at least I try.

Not only are you ignoring the fact that you're literally refusing to take on board the more common suggestions- kudos to anyone who saw the implied M rated stuff hidden within my work- you act like you are always right about everything.  Very rarely have I seen anyone that...look I don't even have the appropriate words for you.  I just don't.

Can you stop being so stubborn and actually just try to figure out the happy medium wherein you have enough details and hidden Easter eggs but short enough that it works out?  But okay, you do you, again.

Oh yeah, like it's SO easy to find a happy medium. You think it's something I can just figure out just like that? It isn't. And like I said, I'm not going to force myself to do something just because you want me to. You're not the only person that reads any of my stuff.

I probably don't act like an adult either, but at least I try.

So you do admit it. Guess what though? I try too, you know. I've tried for ages to be patient and civil and mature with you. And that patience is wearing very thin.

Also, I probably should've mentioned this sooner, I've been nursing a sore jaw/molar for the past couple days because my dentist office has been closed and won't open until tomorrow. So I've been uncomfortable and in no mood for crap.

Not only are you ignoring the fact that you're literally refusing to take on board the more common suggestions- kudos to anyone who saw the implied M rated stuff hidden within my work- you act like you are always right about everything.  Very rarely have I seen anyone that...look I don't even have the appropriate words for you.  I just don't.

Because I've already tried to write shorter things and it doesn't work for me. Simple as that. And I don't remember saying I was right or wrong about anything? I seriously have no idea what you're talking about at this point and I have no words for you either.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, like it's SO easy to find a happy medium. You think it's something I can just figure out just like that? It isn't. And like I said, I'm not going to force myself to do something just because you want me to. You're not the only person that reads any of my stuff.

So you do admit it. Guess what though? I try too, you know. I've tried for ages to be patient and civil and mature with you. And that patience is wearing very thin.

Also, I probably should've mentioned this sooner, I've been nursing a sore jaw/molar for the past couple days because my dentist office has been closed and won't open until tomorrow. So I've been uncomfortable and in no mood for crap.

Because I've already tried to write shorter things and it doesn't work for me. Simple as that. And I don't remember saying I was right or wrong about anything? I seriously have no idea what you're talking about at this point and I have no words for you either.

There's no reason to take your foul mood out on anyone, least of all the one person who has no actual functional patience for bull like that and who will bite back on impulse.

Just now, TheSilentChloey said:

There's no reason to take your foul mood out on anyone, least of all the one person who has no actual functional patience for bull like that and who will bite back on impulse.

Then why act so rude to me first?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Then why act so rude to me first?

I wasn't being rude, have you not noticed I've been entirely avoiding any and all swearing?

Because I'm being polite and minding my manners.  If I started throwing swearing around, that's me being genuinely rude.

I'm locking this until I'm done eating lunch.

Alright, @Anacybele and @TheSilentChloey, here are your options:

1. Hash this out over PM.  Remember that SF rules still apply, so if someone hits Report, and it is a violation, I'm gonna have to hand out a warning.
2. Put each other on Ignore, and don't review each other stories.  I'm not sure how badly the second point would hurt the competition, though.
3. Choose your next words VERY carefully in this topic. . .or. . .
4. Continue on with this argument.  I will warn you both.  It may or may not come with a suspension.  Note that this carries over to every other forum interaction, whether it be in this topic or elsewhere.
5. Find some other way to deal with it.  Preferably without invoking the mod team.

Edited by eclipse

Just now, Dragoncat said:

Eclipse, this has gone on far too long, so thank you for putting your foot down. It makes me sad and it makes the contest unfun. 

I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner.  If things get out of hand, and I'm around, please poke me!

This reminds me of an old piece of advice I once heard. Usually when you have someone criticize your work and they say it’s bad they’re usually right but when they say why it’s bad they’re wrong nine times out of ten

20 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

This reminds me of an old piece of advice I once heard. Usually when you have someone criticize your work and they say it’s bad they’re usually right but when they say why it’s bad they’re wrong nine times out of ten

Huh, I never heard that before.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So...no one else is giving feedback this round? 😞

Like I said Persona 5 Royal has taken over my life. Like fuck I haven’t been THIS absorbed in a game since like vanilla Persona 5 and that was like three years ago. The game is certainly addictive

Edited by Ottservia

Hey, who else besides Ana wants the bird fight portion that was left out of Harvest Trick? I'm thinking of writing it, want to gauge interest.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Like I said Persona 5 Royal has taken over my life. Like fuck I haven’t been THIS absorbed in a game since like vanilla Persona 5 and that was like three years ago. The game is certainly addictive

Okay, but what about other people here?

4 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Anon can attest I decided to pretend I knew how to draw this week. I'll put a pic up sometime.

Wut.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Like an Italian during finals week. I'm-a testing.

Wut.

Since it's 7-1-1 votes in f(l)avor of @Shoblongoo, could we possibly get the prompt soon? It's probably a done deal.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wut.

Tru story bro - a random chibi, two OCs, and a Yu-Gi-Oh! Equip Spell so far. Still got nearly double digits each of both OCs and existing characters I want to do. I also picked up Javascript the past two weeks.

31 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

not positive for COVID I hope

HYACK

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

Since it's 7-1-1 votes in f(l)avor of @Shoblongoo, could we possibly get the prompt soon? It's probably a done deal.

This would be okay with me, if @Anacybele and @Dragoncat decided to "cede" to Iron Chef Shob Lon Goo.