• Julius: Scion of Darkness
    • Duma: God of Strength
    • Idunn: Dark Priestess
    • Hardin: Dark Emperor
    • Garon: King of Nohr
    • Robin: Fell Reincarnation
    • Surtr: Ruler of Flame

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2019 at 03:58 PM

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Motendra said:

That reminds me, do I have you?

I don't believe so? I'll add you right away! +10 Cecilia in my lead ^^ Your Michalis looks amazing!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

One is an emotionless husk.  The other's a jerk, and I happen to be on his team.  D-don't look at me like that, he wanted to be my Valentine!

Valentine Grima when IS?

5 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Valentine Grima when IS?

I quite literally pulled him on the last Valentine's banner, while fishing for Greil.  Hence why I'm on his team.

(because he'll murder me and my future kids if I don't)

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I quite literally pulled him on the last Valentine's banner, while fishing for Greil.  Hence why I'm on his team.

(because he'll murder me and my future kids if I don't)

oof. Also I see what you did there and the smile on my face just keeps getting wider

Well, I'm just happy Julius got past round 1. At the very least, he can tie with his sister on her best gauntlet performance.

Will join Grima in the final round if he pulls through.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

When will we get FE7 fire dragon as the mythic hero? 

I was thinking a Ninian alt actually. During Hector C20, the climatic meeting with Nergal at the Dragon's Gate, Ninian is brainwashed, indicated by reddened eyes. The point to it is so that she can call dragons for Nergal. Why not just pull an Expiration with her?

Ninian + Julia + Mareeta + Tiki + Scarlet = Brainwashed Banner.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

It's been pretty much constant bonus hours on Team Hardin.  I'm probably going to save all my flags for tomorrow, since it looks like Grima hasn't gotten any yet, and the trend looks to continue.

It doesn't look like I should even bother spending flags for team Idunn right now. The difference in power is so big I can't see Julius winning at this point.

I'll just keep the 1.200 flags I have right now in preparation of the final round against Grima who should at least give us a real multiplier at some point.

Just now, Javi Blizz said:

I’m team Grima, have we ever had a multiplier in this round? A good one I mean

A Disadvantage Bonus multiplier? No... And I don't believe we will get one. The higher multiplier we will get is 3.25× in the final hour.

Well, I guess the final round will be Idunn and Grima Robin. In which case I hope Idunn wins since one, this Grima Robin actually already won a gauntlet, and two, I don't like Grima anyway. xP

6 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I don't get the hype behind Julius' character. He has no agency of his own. 

You could say the same about Idoun, who is apparently still insanely popular.

Julius has no agency of his own, yes, but at the very least possessed Julius is an entertaining villain because he's such an unrepentant asshole. There are probably people who also like him for the tragic element.

Edited by Sunwoo

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Julius has no agency of his own, yes, but at the very least possessed Julius is an entertaining villain because he's such an unrepentant asshole. There are probably people who also like him for the tragic element.

Same goes for Surtr. He's also a lot more intimidating when it comes to design. I legit get freaked out when he pops up on the screen unlike with Julius. Surtr has his own agenda which makes him more detestable and more rage inducing than Julius.

Edited by Icelerate

14 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Same goes for Surtr. He's also a lot more intimidating when it comes to design. I legit get freaked out when he pops up on the screen unlike with Julius. Surtr has his own agenda which makes him more detestable and more rage inducing than Julius.

Yeah sorry, there’s nothing intimidating about bootleg Garon (who himself is kind of a bootleg of Ganondorf). Maybe Surtr actually would be intimidating if he wasn’t one of the most generic looking evil overlords ever.

That, and having his own agenda means nothing when it’s unbelievably bland BURN, BURN TO THE GROUND and when the asshole has zero backstory that explains anything about him.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah sorry, there’s nothing intimidating about bootleg Garon (who himself is kind of a bootleg of Ganondorf). Maybe Surtr actually would be intimidating if he wasn’t one of the most generic looking evil overlords ever.

More intimidating looking and sounding than Julius who looks, acts and is a whiny brat. 

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That, and having his own agenda means nothing when it’s unbelievably bland BURN, BURN TO THE GROUND and when the asshole has zero backstory that explains anything about him.

Not anything worse than Ashnard wanting to flood the world. 

31 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I said Julius was entertaining, not necessarily intimidating. Surtr comes off as a villain trying to take himself too seriously in a game where the story is laughable anyway and has really poor pacing. Julius doesn't come off as someone taking things too seriously.

Like, did you literally miss the part where I said I like Julius because I think his being a jerk is at least entertaining? Not just because he is an asshole? Surtr isn't funny to me. And that is a difference between them.

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I said Julius was entertaining, not necessarily intimidating. Surtr comes off as a villain trying to take himself too seriously in a game where the story is laughable anyway and has really poor pacing. Julius doesn't come off as someone taking things too seriously.

Like, did you literally miss the part where I said I like Julius because I think his being a jerk is at least entertaining? Not just because he is an asshole? Surtr isn't funny to me. And that is a difference between them.

You said he's entertaining because he comes off as an unrepentant asshole, the same goes for Surtr, and as an added bonus, he's legit more intimidating. Pretty sure FE4 is a lot more serious of a story so Julius not taking things seriously compared to Surtr would make him worse, no? 

I didn't miss anything. How did you come to that conclusion based on my post? Julius doesn't seem funny to me so not sure how Surtr not being funny makes him worse. 

Edited by Icelerate

Wow, in the last hour team Hardin and team Grima were pretty close and Hardin still lost. I really didn’t expect the Grima team to be that big. Then again, I’ve been a bit out of the loop in this VG. 

5 hours ago, Icelerate said:

You said he's entertaining because he comes off as an unrepentant asshole, the same goes for Surtr, and as an added bonus, he's legit more intimidating. Pretty sure FE4 is a lot more serious of a story so Julius not taking things seriously compared to Surtr would make him worse, no? 

I didn't miss anything. How did you come to that conclusion based on my post? Julius doesn't seem funny to me so not sure how Surtr not being funny makes him worse. 

It's called opinions. You said you didn't understand why people liked Julius, I provided one possible reason. It doesn't matter whether you agree with it or not, because not everyone thinks like you.

32 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's called opinions. You said you didn't understand why people liked Julius, I provided one possible reason. It doesn't matter whether you agree with it or not, because not everyone thinks like you.

Sure but when the opinions seem logically incoherent, it seems strange that one would like a character for a reason but then uses that same reason to dislike another character.