Let's Discuss Legendary Heroes

Icelerate

Pertaining to the future of legendary heroes.   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be more legendary heroes after the two charts are filled?

2. 2. Which four lords do you want to see get a legendary alt?

3. 3. Which four lords do you think will get a legendary alt?

There are two pair up Legendary heroes and two regular Legendary heroes remaining. According to the charts (1)(2). We are missing a regular earth res and fire speed legendary hero. We are missing a wind and water pair up legendary hero. If I were to guess the identity of these, I'd say earth res would be Micaiah, fire speed would be Celica, water pair up will be Corrin and wind pair up will be Eliwood just because they don't have room to fit him anywhere else and he is popular enough to be a legendary hero due to winning CYL3. 

I chose Corrin because there is currently one more female version than male which leads me to believe that due to IS wanting equal number of avatar characters per gender, there will be a new M!Corrin alt eventually and they'd most likely be a legendary considering Azura and Ryoma were made legendary despite lacking the plot relevance of Corrin. 

Even though Xander isn't a lord I included him as an option because Ryoma made it but Ryoma and Tiki do open a whole can of worms justifying a lot of other options. But for the sake of brevity, I'm not going to add any other characters with Xander tier importance. 

Finally, do you think there will be more legendary heroes in the future? I think so but for the unforeseeable future, I see the focus will shift to AR almost exclusively once these four spots have been filled. 

Edited by Icelerate

You forgot Elincia in your poll. She so counts if Tiki, Ryoma, and Xander can be legendaries. Please add her so I can change my vote to her. Honestly annoys me that people forget her so much when she's a very significant Tellius character...

Anyway, I do think there will be more legendary heroes and mythic ones as well as long as IS can keep finding characters who would fit those roles. Since Ike, Ephraim, Ryoma, Alm, and Marth already got legendary versions, my most wanted are Elincia, Sigurd, and Leif. Elincia is my most wanted of all because she's best girl imo, and she'd most certainly be a flying healer, something we still kinda need because the only ones so far are seasonal.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You forgot Elincia in your poll. She so counts if Tiki, Ryoma, and Xander can be legendaries. Please add her so I can change my vote to her.

I didn't I simply chose not to add characters of the same tier of importance as Tiki and Ryoma with the exception of Xander because there'd be too many options such as Caeda, Nyna, Guinivere, Hardin, Lilina, etc.

Xander stays because he's a direct parallel to Ryoma. Elincia isn't a direct parallel to Ike in terms of plot relevance. 

26 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Even though Xander isn't a lord I included him as an option because Ryoma made it but Ryoma and Tiki do open a whole can of worms justifying a lot of other options. But for the sake of brevity, I'm not going to add any other characters with Xander tier importance. 

Edit: Ninja’d

Edited by Vicious Sal

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I didn't I simply chose not to add characters of the same tier of importance as Tiki and Ryoma with the exception of Xander because there'd be too many options such as Caeda, Nyna, Guinivere, Hardin, Lilina, etc.

Xander stays because he's a direct parallel to Ryoma. Elincia isn't a direct parallel to Ike in terms of plot relevance. 

Elincia is a direct parallel to Ike in PoR though. And some people do count her as a lord (although I actually don't, tbh). Micaiah is Ike's parallel only in RD.

Just saying though, if you don't add Elincia, my votes in your poll do not reflect my true desires here.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Edit: Ninja’d

Thanks anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Elincia is a direct parallel to Ike in PoR though. And some people do count her as a lord (although I actually don't, tbh). Micaiah is Ike's parallel only in RD.

Just saying though, if you don't add Elincia, my votes in your poll do not reflect my true desires here.

Elincia is to Ike what Pelleas is to Micaiah so in that case I'd have to add Pelleas as well. Why not Sanaki, Zelgius and Soren as well? See where I'm going? No reason for me to add Nyna archetype characters like Elincia when I didn't add Guinivere, Nyna or Pelleas to name a few. And no, I'm not going to add over a dozen options to the poll. 

Ike was more important than Elincia in PoR. Elincia was mostly an excuse for Ike to go on his hero's journey and she never had command over the army in PoR. 

Edited by Icelerate

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Elincia is a direct parallel to Ike in PoR though. And some people do count her as a lord. Micaiah is Ike's parallel only in RD.

Whatever shall we do, balance has been lost in the world.

I voted Celica, Chrom, Micaiah and Eliwood. 

Added Corrin in the last part of the poll since those five feel like units that could all easily be the next Legendary hero. 

I find your reasoning for putting Xander there very logical, I didn’t expect Ryoma at all when he was announced. Though I might change my opinion later since I haven’t finished any Fates game, I currently find them similar in importance to funnily enough, the aforementioned Elincia. I wouldn’t consider her as a Legendary anytime soon since she was mostly a damsel in distress and then she learned something important to her as a leader. Not a legendary achievement in my books personally. Though her reign was eventually called a golden age so maybe after all the actual lords get their L!alts she could be considered.

Edit @Icelerate, you’re welcome! =]

Edited by Vicious Sal

Just now, Icelerate said:

Elincia is to Ike what Pelleas is to Micaiah so in that case I'd have to add Pelleas as well. Why not Sanaki, Zelgius and Soren as well? See where I'm going? No reason for me to add Nyna archetype characters like Elincia when I didn't add Guinivere, Nyna or Pelleas to name a few. 

Ike was more important than Elincia in PoR. Elincia was just an excuse for Ike to go on his hero's journey and she never had command over the army in PoR. 

Except Pelleas isn't nearly as relevant to the Tellius saga as a whole as Elincia because Elincia has major roles in BOTH games. Pelleas only has one game.

I never said Ike wasn't more important than Elincia, but Elincia is clearly the main female in PoR. She is the most plot relevant character there after Ike. She drives the plot, as you implied, though I wouldn't put it in the belittling words that you did.

Also, Elincia's ending in RD implies that she becomes a legendary level queen.

Elincia is not so much an active player in the story as she is a driving mechanism (in FE9) or a third party drawn into the conflict (FE10). She doesn't push the story forward as much as the Lord characters do. If she's Legend material then I agree with Icelerate, and including her as one opens up a slippery slope. (Granted you could also say that about Tiki and the Grima-possessed Robin.)

As for the next few, I'd be disappointed if Jugdral goes without any representation. Every other corner of the franchise has received at least one so far.

And my point is that since Ryoma, Tiki, and presumably Xander are legendary material in IS's eyes, Elincia should be too. And honestly, if it wasn't for those three, I probably wouldn't expect Elincia to be a legendary myself, as much as I love her and hate Micaiah.

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

. But for the sake of brevity, I'm not going to add any other characters with Xander tier importance. 

Once again, your complaint is addressed in the first post. Which was quoted twice.

You can disagree, but it is not your poll ns if you are so adamant about having elincie added you can always make a new topic with your own poll. 

Just now, Vicious Sal said:

You can disagree, but it is not your poll ns if you are so adamant about having elincie added you can always make a new topic with your own poll. 

This thread already exists though, so if I made one, it'd get locked. I'm not going to debate further though, since I got my answer on the matter.

Ryoma being a legendary was a mistake anyway, especially since he isn't a main lord, no one from Jugdral is a legendary hero, and all of our currently existing red legendary heroes are swords. Still think female Grima was a mistake too.

Tiki and Azura have a bit more of an excuse if IS really wants to have an even male-to-female gender ratio for the legendary heroes (although not the best one; FE has way too many male lords, and it's not fair that they need to lose out because of some dumb need for "balancing the genders"), and Azura is the second best choice for a Fates legendary after Corrin. But Tellius doesn't need more than two legendary heroes, and if Micaiah and Elincia are in direct competition for a second Tellius legendary then Micaiah should get it.

I just want a fucking Jugdral legendary. Don't really care which of Sigurd, Leif, or Seliph that it is as long as one exists.

Because apparently this didn't go through before the site crashed earlier.

I want Celica, Male Corrin, Eliwood, Leif, Micaiah, Sigurd and Seliph but knowing IS we'll get Chrom and Xander~

Not that I dislike Chrom but, we have enough of him, same for Xander~ I really don't want to see Legendary Xander but they did Ryoma so he has to be coming, I guess~

Long as I get Regain Celica and Leif, Sigurd, and Seliph get the alts they DESERVE

I guess no on more legendaries after the charts are filled. Of course, I got burned back when it was just the ONE chart, but maybe they couldn't think of any other way to make money off of Pair Up since Mythic Heroes are already very desirable units that putting Pair Up on them would feel like a waste. 

As for what I expect: Corrin, Xander, Eliwood, Chrom. Fourth pick is a tossup between Chrom or Celica the way I see it.

As for what I want: Nothing, but I can't submit my vote with no choice selected so I chose only Seliph.

i hope they're giving us a second wave of legendary heroes and make it spicier, since i quite hate this first (and potentially only) wave's concept (promoted main characters, in most cases)

for me, mythic heroes are much more enjoyable, because i can get to play units i couldn't use in their games

legendary heroes wave 2 could introduce ACTUALLY legendary heroes such as some of the crusaders, the elibe legends, guys like freaking deghinsea and so on (i would hate to see deghinsea as a simple banner unit or as a mere ghb unit)

also legendary sigurd when

Edited by Yexin

I expect more slots to be made for more Legendary Heroes. IS already made four more slots when people only expected 12 Legendary Heroes and there are still plenty of Lords/Plot relevant characters for to choose from. Also, Three Houses alone is bringing in at least 5 more potential Legendary Heroes candidates which makes me think at least one more set will be made.

I picked Celica, Chrom, Xander, Micaiah as expected future Legendaries but really I believe all Lords+Xander will eventually get a Legendary alt. As for who I want...Celica (please don't be red), Chrom (again, please don't just give him Falchion again) and Eliwood.

I'd rather they just retire the Legendary Heroes and just go with Mythics, who have been new units so far, rather than alts, but I know they won't.

Just now, Othin said:

Like it or not, Camilla is a noteworthy legendary possibility.

The rest of the Legendary Heroes would all be Camillas.

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

Like it or not, Camilla is a noteworthy legendary possibility.

I often forget that some of the non seasonal alts, like Chrom and Hinoka aren't already Legendary.

There's no way they'd stop making Legendary Heroes unless they run out of characters. Even then, seeing as they're every other month now, I don't see that being for a long, long time.

Anyways, I really would love to see Seliph and Leif, the former deserving a shiny new version and the latter being my favorite lord, as well as Chrom and Eliwood to complete their duo and trio respectively.
Realistically, though, I expect Xander to match Ryoma, Celica to match Alm, Corrin, and Eliwood to finish his trio.

Kind of a random hope, but Falchion Owain. Make it happen, intsys.

Three Houses is also important to consider. Like, it's not like they're gonna not have Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude all get legendary versions for their promotions. And there are other possibilities along with them, like Byleth and Sothis.

As much as I dislike the exclusivity of the pair-up legendary heroes, I really think that since they're here and they're rather crucial to Allegiance Battles (which themselves are becoming more important from this week onwards) means I think we should have at least another round of them. I'm thinking it may even go to four rounds: one for each movement type so people can take proper movement emblem teams to the mode.

The identity of the specific heroes doesn't matter much to me, unless they happen to be the few characters I'm particularly fond of. Since the chances of any of them being selected is essentially nil, I'm happy for it to be anyone, alt or otherwise, lord or otherwise. Down with the monarchy!

In the meanwhile, I will absolutely continue prioritising Legendary heroes over Mythic ones - even old, near-outdated Legendaries over shiny new Mythics. I may have crumbled and finally started to do ARs, but there's still a ridiculously disproportionate amount of attention given to summoning for and building units for that specific mode when it's one of the least rewarding modes in the game. Legendary heroes are relevant for 90%+ of the content in the game, Mythic ones are not. And while I now know that Mythic heroes count as having an omni-blessing in regular modes, unless I can heavily merge one they're still an inferior choice to common, easily merged regular units with blessings. And in any case, I won't need more than one such unit anyway, probably Eir due to her ubiquity.