August Banner New Heroes Prediction Thread

August 2019 New Heroes  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Will this be a Three Houses banner?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will this be a BE, BL, or GD banner?

• Black Eagles
    • Blue Lions
    • Golden Deer
    • Mixed
  3. 3. What Black Eagles student would you want most?

• Hubert
    • Dorothea
    • Bernadetta
    • Ferdinand
    • Caspar
    • Petra
    • Linhardt
  4. 4. What Blue Lions student would you want the most?

• Dedue
    • Felix
    • Mercedes
    • Ashe
    • Annette
    • Ingrid
    • Sylvain
  5. 5. What Golden Deer student would you want the most?

• Hilda
    • Lorenz
    • Raphael
    • Lysithea
    • Ignatz
    • Marianne
    • Leonie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/2019 at 01:42 AM

Totally agree, it would be truly a strange thing not to take charge of the hype train here.

With the next banner they also need to be a little less careful with "spoilers". And people are more set on certain favorites I guess. I mean personally I am also like this, Edelgard..Dimitri, looking good. But what big information have I else on them outside of superficial knowledge from trailers. 

Luckily that changes in the next banner, we have some time to get to know them more until then. And certainly 3H even has a good structure for this. At least those who go with it from the release on.

CYL3 is not rushing. And was scheduled around end of August/ Beginning on September the last years anyway. 

2 banners with 3 heroes would have been nice. I actually would prefer this once in a time. Most of the time I only want one character and 3 hero banners just feel slightly more consistent for me.. And 3H has quite a big banner material anyway... 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could I have forgotten.

We need Dorothea on the next banner for one simple Reason. The next banner also has Forging Bonds, which means we would get her hat as an Accessoire. Not giving her hat as an Accessoire would be a crime!

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Hopefully they backflip on last year and give CYL3 a TT instead due to its timing.

Possible, although I'm not sure what they'd do for the TT unit. More Three Houses, maybe?

They could also do another Forging Bonds I guess, but that'd be 3 in a row. Although if they have a second Three Houses GHB the same month after Kronya, they'd still hit the usual 11 units for the month.

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

Possible, although I'm not sure what they'd do for the TT unit. More Three Houses, maybe?

They could also do another Forging Bonds I guess, but that'd be 3 in a row. Although if they have a second Three Houses GHB the same month after Kronya, they'd still hit the usual 11 units for the month.

The TT unit could be a Farfetched unit, in their regular form.

Or it could be someone obligatory, like Brave Marth.

Regardless of if the event it's GHB or TT

The Free Unit will most likely be a Three Houses character... Unless they pull a Gharnef.

Two NH banners in a month would be a nice change, but would they have CYL straight after TH instead of putting the dancer banner in between? It seems to be burning through the draw cards too quickly.

48 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

It seems to be burning through the draw cards too quickly.

On the other hand, two consecutive shiny new 3H banners would make for the perfect bait banners before hitting probably the most desirable banner of the year (in terms of raw power).

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

On the other hand, two consecutive shiny new 3H banners would make for the perfect bait banners before hitting probably the most desirable banner of the year (in terms of raw power).

I mean, we’ve just had the summer banners. Too many desirable banners in succession will just lead to people skipping because they can’t afford to pull.

I can see the next new heroes banner being Three Houses or CYL3 Braves. Personally hoping CYL3 is coming early though since that might mean Farfetched Heroes will come earlier in October as well. I have no idea who they would put on the next Three Houses banner though since I am not familiar with any of the non Avatar/Lord characters.

While I would prefer the next banner being a game that hasn't gotten a banner in a long time such as Archanea or Valentia, realistically it will probably be another Three Houses banner to cash in on that hype. I can see it being one character per house plus one of the "neutral" characters. As for who I would want, my picks would be Dorothea for Black Eagles, Ashe for Blue Lions, Lysithea for Golden Deers, and Flayn as the "neutral" character.

Edited by Gregster101

I'm not sure how well this would sell, but if the next new heroes are from Three Houses, then three banners with two characters each. To clarify, two characters from each house. This wouldn't be the first time we had six heroes introduced at once as we had that with Blazing Shadows introducing Jaffar, Karel, Lucius, Ninian, Priscilla, and Rebecca and Alm's Army introducing Delthea, Gray, and Mathilda and Celica's Army introducing Leon, Saber, and Sonya, but it would be the first time we had three banners for one new heroes event. Outside of character popularity, I feel like if this were to happen, Dedue and Hubert probably should be introduced first because of their connection to Dimitri and Edelgard, respectively. No idea for Claude.

From a business standpoint, it might not be that great for them since people are guaranteed three free summons, so they could grab three freebies and leave the banners because they don't care for the new heroes or Three Houses and two heroes banners are the easiest to +10 a unit, so that could mean less money is being dumped on the banners. That being said, there are three banners and people could go a little overboard on them if they want different characters from different banners.

Edited by Kaden

On 7/25/2019 at 3:03 AM, Baldrick said:

I mean, we’ve just had the summer banners. Too many desirable banners in succession will just lead to people skipping because they can’t afford to pull.

People who pay will pay. People who don't pay won't pay. It's a new month, and anyone on a monthly or biweekly pay schedule will have their money restocked. They have no problem putting two event banners in a row for summer and winter.

14 hours ago, Kaden said:

I'm not sure how well this would sell, but if the next new heroes are from Three Houses, then three banners with two characters each.

The problem with that is the fact that we know we're getting a Forging Bonds event with the banner. Unless they're going to give the event a theme that doesn't match the banner, they can't really do 6 characters because of it.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

People who pay will pay. People who don't pay won't pay. It's a new month, and anyone on a monthly or biweekly pay schedule will have their money restocked. They have no problem putting two event banners in a row for summer and winter.

If we have TH2 in early August and CYL3 in late August, it will be five event banners in a row. CYL doesn’t have to coincide with the seasons or a new game release, so it could have been in September to capitalise on the next orb/pay check restock.

Edit: Based on M Byleth being summonable “in July”, perhaps it’ll be TH, then PA3, then CYL3 on the 31st of August. It’d also coincide with the end of the CYL1 free pick.

Edited by Baldrick

Thanks to the first Impression I finally have some kind of decision which characters I would like to have...

Blue Lion: Ashe, 
Black Eagle: Petra
Golden Deer: Hilda or Marianne. 

Neutral is still Manuela of course xD. Also I can say that I am pretty happy with Golden Deer, at first I thought I may be not too fond of them, but overall I like them even Ignatz is not so bad. But no more. We are still all in experiencing the game and I think it will take a while to really talk openly. At least from my point on. 

I think it'll be a mixed banner with one student from each house plus a neutral.

Personal picks, Bolded are the votes on the poll:

Black Eagles: Dorothea, Petra, Caspar, Ferdinand.
Blue Lions: Mercedes, Ingrid, Sylvain.
Golden Deer: Lysithea, Hilda, Raphael.
Neutral: Manuela, Hanneman.

Since there's no mention of any other updates aside from the new weapons being mentioned it seems a safe bet that we'll have a Feh channel with brave heroes for this new heroes summoning event

Hm... I wonder which characters we will get in the next 3H banner... I like almost, if not all students... It would be difficult to choose only 4 for a banner, or 3 from each house to make a 3 units banner for each house.

Personal Picks in case of three banners:

Black Eagels: Dorothea, Hubert, Petra, Linhardt.

Blue Lions: Felix, Mercedes, Sylvain, Ingrid.

Golden Deer: Hilda, Raphael, Lysithea, Ignaz.

You could add a couple more as GHB too.

Would it be too far fetched to expect 3 new hero banners? One for each house? They did a similar thing before with the Alm's/Celica's army banners. Even though those werent the shadows release banners.

I can imagine the house leaders being repeated on banners like that, together with their retainer and each house's most popular female character.

1 hour ago, Opdepov said:

Would it be too far fetched to expect 3 new hero banners? One for each house? They did a similar thing before with the Alm's/Celica's army banners. Even though those werent the shadows release banners.

I can imagine the house leaders being repeated on banners like that, together with their retainer and each house's most popular female character.

The only thing putting a damper on that idea is the fact that we know we're getting a Forging Bonds with the next banner. Unless they're willing to have Forging Bonds be missing a banner character, we can predict either the next banner will have 3-4 characters or the next banner is not Three Houses, and I'm leaning towards the former.

Like I said from my earlier comment, if the next new hero banner is from a older FE like New Mystery or Thracia 776, it will fail on terms of sales. Be honest, how many of you will waste orbs and money if it's a banner of New Mystery or Tharcia 776 right before CYL 3?

Having another 3H banner, just like with SoV back in 2017, will be a safer bet for IS than "wasting" a banner on a older FE that many people would probably won't even care about (since the focus is on 3H and CYL3), and will give IS a outlook of that FE game that it "doesn't sell enough" to make more banners for it (look at the revenue of Binding Blade, I won't be surprised if we don't receive another one for another 2 yrs.....or more).

As much as I want to FINALLY see a banner of New Mystery, Thracia 776, Scared Stones ect. I don't wanna see a banner for those games fail because whales want to save money for the upcoming CYL3, instead those banners should be released during and after September (the month that's also the 20th anniversary of Tharcia, it would be a perfect time to make a banner for it).

3 minutes ago, C.J.C. said:

Like I said from my earlier comment, if the next new hero banner is from a older FE like New Mystery or Thracia 776, it will fail on terms of sales. Be honest, how many of you will waste orbs and money if it's a banner of New Mystery or Tharcia 776 right before CYL 3?

I'd "waste" orbs on it if it was Tellius, since it's my favorite, especially if the banner has Kieran and/or Marcia. They're my most wanted Tellius units that aren't already in.

1 hour ago, C.J.C. said:

Having another 3H banner, just like with SoV back in 2017, will be a safer bet for IS than "wasting" a banner on a older FE that many people would probably won't even care about (since the focus is on 3H and CYL3), and will give IS a outlook of that FE game that it "doesn't sell enough" to make more banners for it (look at the revenue of Binding Blade, I won't be surprised if we don't receive another one for another 2 yrs.....or more).

As much as I want to FINALLY see a banner of New Mystery, Thracia 776, Scared Stones ect. I don't wanna see a banner for those games fail because whales want to save money for the upcoming CYL3, instead those banners should be released during and after September (the month that's also the 20th anniversary of Tharcia, it would be a perfect time to make a banner for it).

Please tell me you are baiting

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I'd "waste" orbs on it if it was Tellius, since it's my favorite, especially if the banner has Kieran and/or Marcia. They're my most wanted Tellius units that aren't already in.

Me but with Jill