What characters could retroactively be made Brawlers?

Jotari

Okay, first off wow, I open this forum and almost every thread is a Grand Hero Battle. Maybe specific gameplay maps should be moved to their own sub forum. This forum is already pretty active. It's very easy for things to get buried.

Anyway on to my actual topic of discussion. Gauntlets are a hip new thing in Three Houses. Are they a one time experiment for the series or a full new weapon type future games will have? Don't know, but let's assume the latter. In which case they will certainly be making their way to Heroes. With that being the case, what characters from throughout the series prior to Three Houses could be retooled as a Brawler? I think the obvious one would be Fomortiis who people were kind of shoving into the beast or breath category before now. Beyond that I guess any warrior or barbarian style character could fit the bill. Though the issue with that is that Green units are the lowest in the game and it'd be a shame to pass up on any potential axe wielders still out there. I could see basically anyone being a Brawler as a Halloween Seasonal dressed as a werewolf. Ike punches in Smash Bros too which would be good enough justification for me. Though given how inaccurate Heroes can be with weapon types sometimes (*cough* Narcian *cough*), basically anyone could be retooled. So who would you like to see is probably more the question than who could be. Anyway, discuss. I'd like to hear interesting and fitting suggestions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boyd, ike (don't know why, i think they'd fit him even though not backstory-wise), sumia (he punched chrom once iirc), draug and charlotte for now come to my mind

43 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Technically each untransformed Laguz because they punch in enemy phase. 

Only the Tigers, Lions, Hawks, and Dragons do; Cats, Wolves, and Ravens kick.

Of the Laguz, I think there is a line where Tibarn says if the war ended peacefully now, he'd have to punch out every one of his men. So he'd be the best fit. And Reyson, ideally with Fury or Atk/Spd Push 10, a maxed Spd-Res statline.

Renault is a good choice:

Bartre: I don’t need your prayers! Don’t heal me–just punch me!
Renault: Punch you? Me?
Bartre: Yeah! Warriors speak with their fists!
Renault: I don’t really understand, but will my punching you really make you feel better?
Bartre: As hard as you can!
Renault: Well, all right then. Like this?
Bartre: Gwooh!
Bartre: You hit me in the eye… Cra…zy…priest…
Renault: Bartre? Hey, get up. …He passed out. …So I have to punch him, and then I have to heal him? Elimine, grant me the grace to endure this man…

40 minutes ago, Etheus said:

So that's a no to Bridal Bartre and Groom Karla? 

Alas, it's not up to me (if it were Yarne and Panne would have been Easter seasonals in their default design, and Legion would have been a Halloween one).

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of the Laguz, I think there is a line where Tibarn says if the war ended peacefully now, he'd have to punch out every one of his men. So he'd be the best fit. And Reyson, ideally with Fury or Atk/Spd Push 10, a maxed Spd-Res statline.

Renault: I don’t really understand, but will my punching you really make you feel better?
Renault: Bartre? Hey, get up. …He passed out. …So I have to punch him, and then I have to heal him? Elimine, grant me the grace to endure this man…

I fully support this. We have plenty of staff users in the game already (though I guess he could fill a niche as a defensively bulky staff user of which there are few). Give him a pair of gauntlets to reference his mercenary past and a special prf healing alt to reference his redemption.

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All this really shows is that Bartre is a pansy. Serra could punch him out. 

Innes: L’Arachel.
L’Arachel: Yes?
Innes: Are you sure you’re supposed to be here? I wonder if you’re truly here with the permission of your superiors.
L’Arachel: Of-of course I am! What gives you the right to speak to me in such a manner?
Innes: Well, I have heard a bit about your wild behavior…
L’Arachel: H-how rude you are! If I were not a holy woman, I would beat you senseless.

Make it happen IS.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh thanks for clarification. 

I thought they could do both. 

11 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Oh thanks for clarification. 

I thought they could do both. 

Well if it helps, even though they don't have weapons on their feet, people using gauntlets do occasionally kick in their animation.

Anyone who has an alt with the same weapon type and move type as an older version. To my knowledge, this would encompass:

- CYL Alm
- Eviller Berkut
- Zelgius
- One of the Byleths
- CYL Celica
- Adrift M Corrin
- Evil Delthea
- Legendary Eliwood
- Valentine's Hector
- Legendary Hector - and to avoid duplication, change his move type
- Legendary Ike
- Legendary Marth
- Masked Marth (works either way you slice it)
- Legendary Roy
- Evil Takumi
- Bride Tharja
- Adult Tiki or Young Tiki

I'd say that's a pretty healthy starting lineup for gauntlets.

Edited by Humanoid

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

boyd, ike (don't know why, i think they'd fit him even though not backstory-wise), sumia (he punched chrom once iirc), draug and charlotte for now come to my mind

Boyd for sure, yeah.

And Ike does fit too, because he can definitely punch, at least in Smash. 😛 His jab starts with a punch!

Oh yeah, I think gauntlet/brawling in Heroes should be colorless, so we finally have a colorless melee weapon beyond a few dragons.

Edited by Anacybele

I really don't think fists will become a staple in Fire Emblem, I very much doubt they'll make it into Heroes and I kind of don't want them to, especially if they plan to give that weapon type to characters like Gonzales.

That said, I wouldn't mind if they made it a colorless melee unit type and kept it unique to characters like Caspar and Raphael. 

Edited by Vince777

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Boyd for sure, yeah.

And Ike does fit too, because he can definitely punch, at least in Smash. 😛 His jab starts with a punch!

Oh yeah, I think gauntlet/brawling in Heroes should be colorless, so we finally have a colorless melee weapon beyond a few dragons.

Dragons are magical units (unless against a 2 range enemy). The wolfskins are colourless melee units though.

Edited by Jotari

42 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Dragons are magical units. The wolfskins are colourless melee units though.

Uh, I didn't say dragons were physical. I said they're melee, which means they attack close up. They're not ranged. I always forget the wolfskin exist because I dislike them. And there's only two, and that's a tiny number. Gauntlets need to be colorless to expand the melee colorless options.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Keaton is red anyway. Not colorless. We only have one colorless physical melee unit total.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Dragons are magical units (unless against a 2 range enemy). The wolfskins are colourless melee units though.

The Wolfskins are not Colorless Melee units. ONE Wolfskin is a Colorless Melee unit. Keaton is Red.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey hi, I'm here from 2018 with a suggestion. Just make them manaketes? That's how I see Laguz getting added.

...Wow, you saying you're "from 2018" explains a lot here.

Firstly, laguz/beasts were added months ago, and they're in their own weapon type. Making them manaketes would've made no sense since they're not dragons and don't use breath. Except the actual dragon laguz, of course, but they're still not in yet, so yeah.

Second, making brawlers manaketes makes even less sense. They don't even transform. 😕

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

...Wow, you saying you're "from 2018" explains a lot here.

Firstly, laguz/beasts were added months ago, and they're in their own weapon type. Making them manaketes would've made no sense since they're not dragons and don't use breath. Except the actual dragon laguz, of course, but they're still not in yet, so yeah.

Second, making brawlers manaketes makes even less sense. They don't even transform. 😕

Ana...he's being sarcastic. 

Also, gauntlets are freaking amazing. It makes me sad that females don't get a brawling class option.