Voting Gauntlet: A Hero Rises 2020 (Feb. 28)

DarkAlf

Who are you supporting?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you supporting?

• Altina: Dawn's Trueblade
    • Sothis: Silver Specter
    • Leif: Unifier of Thracia
    • Edelgard: The Future
    • Alfonse: Askran Duo
    • Azura: Vallite Songstress
    • Sothis: Girl on the Throne
    • Alm: Saint-King

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2020 at 04:00 AM

42 minutes ago, Nym said:

I hope Sothis will win because while Altina will be useful in the short term (Astra is hell right now...), I do believe she will be benched later once they release Plumeria. 

I fail to see how a flying sword unit is in any way competing with a flying tome dancer.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I fail to see how a flying sword unit is in any way competing with a flying tome dancer.

Both of them compete for a slot on your Astra team. They provide lift and bonuses to your tank/galeforcer, but a flying tome dancer with debuff capabilities is infinitely more useful than a flying swordie, even of Altina's calibur. Plumeria is a direct improvement to your Galeforcer/Supertank and removes the need for L!Azura/a dancer in general while simultaneously increasing lift and freeing up a spot for the bonus unit if you care that much about scoring. Altina on the other hand, requires you still run a dancer if that's what you need and, depending on what tier you're on in AR, varies in usefulness herself.

As someone who runs Altina on my Astra team with Duo Alfonse in T21-25 battles as the supertank. Altina more often than not sees virtually no combat and half the time she does see combat, she dies. I'm not even remotely incompetent, but some people have crazy setups and even Thrasir has gotten surprise kills on her. L!Azura on the other hand only enhances my Duo Alfonse and secures me more wins, Plumeria would likely do the same without me still needing to run an Astra mythic on top.

I'm talking in circles, but you get the point.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Both of them compete for a slot on your Astra team.

That's assuming Plumeria will be both an Astra and even a Mythic at all yeah she probably will be but I can still hope against it.

In my opinion, she's at least just as likely to be Dark as she is Astra. If Plumeria isn't Dark, then Triandra at least will be to contrast Peony (or they could both be Dark like how Lif and Thrasir are both Anima).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

One, what the hell does Plumeria have anything to do with Altina past also being a red flier? Two, bold of you to assume that everyone will both want and get Plumeria when she gets released at least six months (likely longer) from now.

She's possibly the Astra fairy since I imagine her sister is dark. And Leif has taken the red spot for anima so... (if colors matter which I am not sure myself...)

Maybe not everyone but those who plays AR will probably want her. The difference in term of difficulty between Light and Astra right now is like day and night. And having a dancing mythic is part of the reason why Light isn't a pain to go through.

I think the fact that we may or may not get an Astra dancer mythic at the end of this book doesn't invalidate the fact that Altina can make AR better now for a huge portion of players like my sister who didn't manage to pull her. That's 6-9 months of more grails for a huge portion of free-to-play players. And we don't have a guarantee of an Astra flyer dancer mythic- neither Thrasir or Lif made it into astra or light, so we don't know about the fairies.

So we'll see, but I think the benefits of Altina would be a huge help to the player base at large, rather than turning it away because we might get a flying mythic astra dancer later (that wouldn't be free to play, most likely).

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? Leif is a legendary hero, not a mythic.

I meant Lif. I hate that they have similar sounding names, I always mix one of the two.

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

I meant Lif. I hate that they have similar sounding names, I always mix one of the two.

Oh okay. I never thought Lif was pronounced the same way. Weird indeed.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh okay. I never thought Lif was pronounced the same way. Weird indeed.

Maybe that's just me but that isn't the first time it happened.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Because she's a dancer.

Having a dancer mythic means you can have two dancers or another support unit (like Bridal Fjorm, Loki, Aversa, Virion) and still have a dancer. Which could be difference between a clean win or your units getting killed versus team that have double dancers or any similar shenanigans.

Having a mythic vantage isn't all that helpful outside of bonus stats and scoring when there's already plenty of counter to vantage.

31 minutes ago, Venmi said:

I think the fact that we may or may not get an Astra dancer mythic at the end of this book doesn't invalidate the fact that Altina can make AR better now for a huge portion of players like my sister who didn't manage to pull her. That's 6-9 months of more grails for a huge portion of free-to-play players. And we don't have a guarantee of an Astra flyer dancer mythic- neither Thrasir or Lif made it into astra or light, so we don't know about the fairies.

So we'll see, but I think the benefits of Altina would be a huge help to the player base at large, rather than turning it away because we might get a flying mythic astra dancer later (that wouldn't be free to play, most likely).

I don't disagree since I could use an Altina myself but I still think it would be less potent in the long term.

Unless triple mythics is a must have later.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

That's assuming Plumeria will be both an Astra and even a Mythic at all yeah she probably will be but I can still hope against it.

In my opinion, she's at least just as likely to be Dark as she is Astra. If Plumeria isn't Dark, then Triandra at least will be to contrast Peony (or they could both be Dark like how Lif and Thrasir are both Anima).

I don't know where the assumption that Plumeria will be Astra came from (though it makes sense if Triandra was dark for obvious reasons), I was merely basing my argument on that assumption.

There's nothing wrong with more Astra mythics, to be sure. A free one would completely change the dynamic of Astra season however. But that's another conversation entirely.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

There's nothing wrong with more Astra mythics, to be sure. A free one would completely change the dynamic of Astra season however. But that's another conversation entirely.

Yeah, and also a conversation that’d be completely irrelevant to me who hates Aether Raids and only barely plays it just to have some sort of weekly grail income.

I want Altina just to have Altina and partly because those type of banners are a complete crapshoot.

The fact that Lif and Thrasir are the same element suggests Trianda and Plumeria easily could be as well. It's very difficult to guess who will be what, and I think over time, even colors will get less informative. For example, Hel seems pretty likely to be a second green Dark mythic soon.

Also for the record, I already often field Altina alongside a flying red tome support unit, sometimes at the expense of color balance. Sometimes you just don't need a certain color if Altina is buzzsawing her way through everything. And my Altina is the worst possible nature.

50 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and also a conversation that’d be completely irrelevant to me who hates Aether Raids and only barely plays it just to have some sort of weekly grail income.

I want Altina just to have Altina and partly because those type of banners are a complete crapshoot.

As someone who's had probably the most enjoyment overall of this game watching supertank Matthew utterly destroy everything (pre and post refine), I derive a good bit of enjoyment watching him crush people's +10 meta units and the like, even if it can be frustrating at times. So climing up to T21 was mostly fun for me. Astra on the other hand was a completely frustrating and unfun experience until Altina, Thrasir and Duo Alfonse showed up and completely changed the dymanic. I don't love the mode and it can be frustrating, but it's fun at times too and the ladders made it a lot less stressful than it used to be. Even if you fall out of T21, it's pretty easy to get back in if you have the right tools.

I actually played and beat FE10 multiple times and got a small way through on hardmode. That plus I watched the entertaining videos of a former YT'er by the name of GoldieX39 (before she went off the deep end) and her Altina video was amazing. So as soon as I saw her I knew I had to have her regardless of what her kit was. The fact that she's probably in the top 10 best units in the game overall and universally amazing across all modes (with the sole exception of abyssal) was just the icing on the cake. I was extremely blessed to get her in under 100 orbs on her initial banner.

If I hadn't? I'd probably be on her team right now, pressing for that free copy. She completely changes the dynamic of the game, for F2P players? You likely won't have a better content clearer for a while.

EDIT: We ran away with this conversation, but on the topic at hand? Leif is done. The next hour coming Altina should have a multiplier. If she doesn't she'll get one the hour after but it doesn't matter. Neither one nor two hours is enough time for Leif to catch up. Altina is in the finals, not that it surprises anyone.

Alfonse vs Sothis on the other hand is a much bigger tossup. But it still seems to be in Sothis' favor. I'm predicting Alfonse will pass her up in the hour after the one coming, giving her the last hour multiplier and sealing the deal. The only way to avoid that will be for Alfonse supporters to chill or Sothis to really press near the end to screw herself over. It's fine either way for me as Sothis is someone I've been hunting since her debut and I want her pretty much the same as Alfonse.

Altina vs Sothis is the most likely finals. 

Edited by Zeo

22 minutes ago, Zeo said:

on the topic at hand? Leif is done. The next hour coming Altina should have a multiplier. If she doesn't she'll get one the hour after but it doesn't matter. Neither one nor two hours is enough time for Leif to catch up. Altina is in the finals, not that it surprises anyone.

Alfonse vs Sothis on the other hand is a much bigger tossup. But it still seems to be in Sothis' favor. I'm predicting Alfonse will pass her up in the hour after the one coming, giving her the last hour multiplier and sealing the deal. The only way to avoid that will be for Alfonse supporters to chill or Sothis to really press near the end to screw herself over. It's fine either way for me as Sothis is someone I've been hunting since her debut and I want her pretty much the same as Alfonse.

Altina vs Sothis is the most likely finals. 

That works for me. I'm not quite as invested in Sothis as Altina or Alfonse, but she does at least carry Times Pulse, fodder which some units can really enjoy (Ophelia wouldn't even need to be in a team of tomes to have a full charged AoE special). Though really any of the top 4 would be good, no matter what. My Altina and Leif both have meh asset/flaws while I plain don't have Alfonse/Sharena, and they're all great units no matter how you look at it.

I'll prob support Altina if Alfonse loses just because I don't need Sothis THAT badly...

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That works for me. I'm not quite as invested in Sothis as Altina or Alfonse, but she does at least carry Times Pulse, fodder which some units can really enjoy (Ophelia wouldn't even need to be in a team of tomes to have a full charged AoE special). Though really any of the top 4 would be good, no matter what. My Altina and Leif both have meh asset/flaws while I plain don't have Alfonse/Sharena, and they're all great units no matter how you look at it.

I'll prob support Altina if Alfonse loses just because I don't need Sothis THAT badly...

Altina has a multiplier now. Leif is dead like I said.

Sothis vs Alfonse is going to be a tossup though. Sothis is going to surge with the multiplier she has now and weather or not she wins will depend on weather Alfonse gives her a multiplier or not in the last hour. If he pulls enough to enter same, it's pretty safe he's got it in the bag, if he's still behind, it's in the bag, but if he gives her the multiplier it's curtains. Alfonse supporters basically just need to stop playing in the coming hour. Then blow all their flags in the last hour since he'll still have the multiplier. It's my plan.

I'd like Time's Pulse myself, but Sothis' value in dark season is too high to pass up so I'll be keeping this copy if she manages to take down the titan that is Altina.

Altina wins round 2, defeating Leif. And I believe Sothis will win her match against Alfonse.

I am happy with both final units. Any result will make me happy, but If I need to choose one... Would be Altina winning. However, I will be in Sothis's Team since she will probably be team feathers.

9 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

Well, I've done about all I can do. We're most likely going to lose after trying so hard. I just wanted to help people. 😥

Sorry Morgan! I think I read something about you wanting a non-earth legendary- do you have Fjorm? She's water, just like Leif, so you should have at least one non-Earth legendary. She's not the powerhorse he is, but she has her uses.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Altina wins round 2, defeating Leif. And I believe Sothis will win her match against Alfonse.

Sothis has the multiplier so yeah duo Alfonse is definitely dead.

12 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Sorry Morgan! I think I read something about you wanting a non-earth legendary- do you have Fjorm? She's water, just like Leif, so you should have at least one non-Earth legendary. She's not the powerhorse he is, but she has her uses.

Yeah, I have Fjorm and Legendary Erika, but I feel like I need at least 3 of each type to even think about taking on the remaining Blessed Garden Grounds. I figure a lot of others might too, so I started my campaign to vote in a free Fire/Water/Wind Legendary, just like L!Ike. 

As much as I'd like to get rid of the -Atk on my Leif, I don't want to deal with everyone spamming him. If I gave my B!Ike Null-C Disrupt those annoying horses wouldn't be a factor, but alas. I guess I'll have to go from Alfonse to Altina. Realistically speaking it might be better to merge her for my sake since she's already awkward to use, with the combination of having to use a bonus unit and her not being able to vantage sweep all of the time.

Edited by LoneStar

Sothis winning would not be a problem for me. I would be able to fix the Res Bane of my +Spd Sothis, and everyone having a Sothis is not a since Sothis is not a hard foe to deal with. Nowi can easily defeat Sothis.

Edited by Diovani Bressan