• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I didn't mind them at first, but after a while just found them annoying, honestly.
The way they talked, their personalities, I didn't really see the appeal.

But what really sealed the deal is that every single one of the most annoying sidequests in Xenoblade 2 comes from a Nopon.
"Oh you did this for me? Okay great, now do that! Okay, but you need this field skill! Okay great, now do this for me! Okay great now go find me in this other location. Your reward? Pfff. Not even worth the trouble" Satirically exaggerated somewhat, but you get the point, I believe.

I guess Xenoblade 2's best character was made by a Nopon. And beating the crap out of that one mafia-type Nopon was satisfying.

Sorry about that.

In 2, they were just treated as citizens, I felt like. It felt almost natural, in a way, because nobody ever made a special mention of it. To quote Hapi: "Oh, these guys are here. Makes sense". That you see them nearly everywhere helps this impression, though I think a large portion of them were merchants or scientists, iirc.

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And yes, he annoyed me too. He didn't appear often enough or was grating enough to really get on my nerves.

It's mainly the voice that bothers me. It's like they tried to make him too cute. But his personality is fine for what he is.

He's better than the blue thingie from Tales of the Abyss at least (I forget his name).

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't mind them at first, but after a while just found them annoying, honestly.

I can see that when it comes to the NPCs. But between Riki, Tora, Nene and Kino, I feel like Xenoblade handles it's cute mascot characters generally well (we do not speak of Tatsu). 

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In 2, they were just treated as citizens, I felt like. It felt almost natural, in a way, because nobody ever made a special mention of it. To quote Hapi: "Oh, these guys are here. Makes sense". That you see them nearly everywhere helps this impression, though I think a large portion of them were merchants or scientists, iirc.

It's like this in 1 as well. Only X treats them as a new race since humans and Nopon didn't know of either's existence until the White Whale crashed on Mira.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He's better than the blue thingie from Tales of the Abyss at least (I forget his name).

Oh my God, the Cheagles... the Cheagles, a ha ha ha...

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It's mainly the voice that bothers me. It's like they tried to make him too cute. But his personality is fine for what he is.

Mieu?
I kinda liked him. His voice was... was something, but he was otherwise fine. Not too bad, but not too great, either.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I can see that when it comes to the NPCs. But between Riki, Tora, Nene and Kino, I feel like Xenoblade handles it's cute mascot characters generally well (we do not speak of Tatsu).

I appreciate that Tora wasn't as in your face annoying as some of the other Nopon, certainly.
As for his personality, well... he was alright? Once Poppi entered the picture and got her development, he kinda fizzled out and became background noise for the most part, except for one or two throwaway jokes (like when he tried to teach Pyra how to be "moe", to which Nia reacted with "f*** this, I'm out". XD)

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's like this in 1 as well. Only X treats them as a new race since humans and Nopon didn't know of either's existence until the White Whale crashed on Mira.

Interesting!

Okay, finally continued with SoV. I likely forgot to mention, but I already made it to the Southern Outpost. Now I'm at the Deliverance Hideout. I'm close to end Act I... hmm, maybe I should try to get that Dracoshield that Desaix... 's double, carries. Or maybe I should leave it for next time...

There are two sides to every story. And of course, people will lie, but once you take out everything from both sides and filter out what is true and what is not, then you get the truth, and that's all I want. I don't judge people without full knowledge of a story. If one side is guilty, then yes, they deserve to be punished, but I will not judge anyone without full knowledge. I don't want any more people getting away with things, nor do I want any more false allegations that ruin people's lives. It just annoys me when people would rather judge first, it's okay to be upset, or angry, but every story has two sides, that's how I feel.

This is my opinion whenever a scandal comes out.

Just wait it out, guys, it's not good to judge immediately.
I know people like to do this a lot and it's not something I enjoy. So.
Just my two cents.

Just now, Caster said:

This is my opinion whenever a scandal comes out.

Just wait it out, guys, it's not good to judge immediately.
I know people like to do this a lot and it's not something I enjoy. So.
Just my two cents.

You're right, of course. I have the same mindset as you when it comes to stuff like this.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

true, and i'm with you there.

accusation =/= proof, after all.

Indeed.

Even though I have no clue what this scandal is even about.

I would honestly appreciate if you guys took this to PM if you wanna talk about it, I don't really like talking about this stuff in a group chat I come to relax in, same thing with political stuff, so.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

if you want to know, check the subreddit

I think I'm good, but thank you!
I tend to stay away from this kind of stuff. Don't want to depress myself even further, frankly.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

I would honestly appreciate if you guys took this to PM if you wanna talk about it, I don't really like talking about this stuff in a group chat I come to relax in, same thing with political stuff, so.

Don't worry, don't worry. I just wanted to say that I have no clue what that stuff is about. And I'm honestly better off not knowing.

*Wraith walk into the room, replete with the clinking of whiskey bottles* 

Hey guys, how’s it going? I’ve been gone for the last few days wondering around the Appalachian Mountains following in the footsteps of John the Balladeer. So, anything exciting happen while I was away?

Edited by Wraith