Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I can also link you some youtube let's plays instead.

So long as you’re leaving out Mageknight404 from the list.

Edited by Wraith

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

If you're looking up Fate stuff, I recommend checking out a playthrough of Fate/Extra, as well.
Though if you have a working PSP emulator, you may as well play the game for yourself.

OpenEmu works really well for Mac, so yeah PSP is good, although doing any emulation more modern than that makes my computer feel like it's going to burst into flames.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

OpenEmu works really well for Mac, so yeah PSP is good, although doing any emulation more modern than that makes my computer feel like it's going to burst into flames.

Just a fair warning if you do try the game: the gameplay is a bit on the weird side from what I've seen in the playthrough I watched.
It's basically rock/paper/scissors.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just a fair warning if you do try the game: the gameplay is a bit on the weird side from what I've seen in the playthrough I watched.
It's basically rock/paper/scissors.

Oh, good to know. Thank you.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

No problem! ^^
I hope you don't feel like I'm forcing you. It's not my intention, believe me.

Not at all. Thanks for recommending it. After all, I'm still a Fate scrub.

6 minutes ago, Wraith said:

How much of the plot of DQ5 do you know @DragonFlames?

As of now, not much. I've only played the game for like 8 hours or something as of yet.
Right now, I'm trying to navigate my way through a dungeon that has you sliding on ice (a.k.a. one of the unholy trifecta of bad dungeon design alongside teleporters and pitfalls.).
And my tiger thingie died, which means I'll have to leave the dungeon to heal up again. Or not, because he auto-revived after the battle ended.
Okay then!

Edited by DragonFlames

Hey man, even a skeleton gotta soak his bones to relax or something.

Or, you know, it's winter. Gotta stay warm.

Seriously though, by now you should know Faerie Lea is home to more than just faeries. I'm sure you've seen the slime wandering around. Since you already know about the monster taming mechanic, I guess it's no spoiler now to say monsters aren't just mindless... well, monsters.

As of now, not much. I've only played the game for like 8 hours or something as of yet.

It's for the better this way that you don't know much in advance.😛

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Right now, I'm trying to navigate my way through a dungeon that has you sliding on ice (a.k.a. one of the unholy trifecta of bad dungeon design alongside teleporters and pitfalls.).

Whilst I agree with teleportation insanity and the pitfalls, I actually like ice slide puzzles, they usually aren't that difficult to figure out. I generally find them fun in moderate doses.

I made it to la imperial capital

and then ~40 (timed) side quests happened and i saved and closed the game for now

maybe later, dunno, but i think i am suffering from quest fatigue.

My brother as well...

I need a small break

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whilst I agree with teleportation insanity and the pitfalls, I actually like ice slide puzzles, they usually aren't that difficult to figure out. I generally find them fun in moderate doses.

Personally, that particular one is a bit annoying. At least in the DS/Mobile versions of DQV, and maybe also the PS2 one.

Mostly since ditching the tile-grid for more open-world navigation means it's very possible to overshoot. I remember I had to start over due to that. Or maybe I was just a bit clumsy with the touch pad.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's for the better this way that you don't know much in advance.😛

There are some things I'm pretty sure will happen.

Pankraz will die. There will be a timeskip.

Knowing that DQ is basically the grandfather of JRPGs, I don't expect too many surprises, to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I got sick of them, to be honest. They're just so omnipresent that they feel like a cop-out for dungeon design by now. Like "Hey, what do we do for this dungeon?" "Eh, just throw a sliding puzzle in there. Who cares?"
Etrian Odyssey IV and Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey Redux (the game with the single worst dungeon design in video game history imo) just drove the nail into the coffin by making it not just annoying, but frustrating, too.