• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

My current Pokémon team!

789490727_crystalclear.png.a36491a174157cb0a171886a40f445cf.png

I know, I really suck at pokemon.

I don't see anything bad about that team.
Then again, it's been a while since I last played Pokémon and I never really gave a crap about competitive viability, so I'm not exactly an "authority" of any kind on that front.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I don't see anything bad about that team.
Then again, it's been a while since I last played Pokémon and I never really gave a crap about competitive viability, so I'm not exactly an "authority" of any kind on that front.

Most of it is just my bias towards favorites that really suck on a statistical level, like Pidgeot, Raichu, etc.

I don't really know what's "best" either, I just go with the flow, the best I can.

371151222_crystalclearbattle.png.1410d1108f5eae1afa5a5fd6d22fd846.png

Fair fights 101 right here.

Honestly, this game puts me against level 55-63's and want's me to compete with that.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Most of it is just my bias towards favorites that really suck on a statistical level, like Pidgeot, Raichu, etc.

I don't really know what's "best" either, I just go with the flow, the best I can.

That was my approach to Pokémon, as well. I just used whatever creature I liked with no regard to how strong or weak they were.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That was my approach to Pokémon, as well. I just used whatever creature I liked with no regard to how strong or weak they were.

The idea doesn't "click" with me, if you know what I mean. I just can't visualize a battle and say, "well, if I do this, then X outcome will probably happen." So I end up doing something dumb and getting wrecked.

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thanks for the advice, then. I appreciate it.

No problem.

47 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

When I critique something, I tend to do so from my own perspective only, taking my likes and dislikes into account and then basing my opinion on something around that.
So whenever I write up a review, it's me giving my own thoughts.

Same.

32 minutes ago, Caster said:

At least in my opinion, sometimes you need to dip your toe into an area you aren't as comfortable in, to appreciate something more.

kinda agree but one shouldn't push themsleves to do so. For example, i refuse to watch horror movies. I cannot stand horror movies. I don't mind movies with horror elements (King Kong 2005 had a pretty horrifying insect pit scene and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is a thing) but anything that is straight-up horror, i won't watch, no matter what people say.

You can appreciate something more if it's something you're uncomfortable with but it can just as easily backfire.

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I just wanted to know enough to not be ignorant of what was being talked about when Fate was discussed. I've never even had a passing interest in the series otherwise.

I don't understand Fate discussions either, i guess this is how other people feel like when they got left out of the many Xeno discussions both this thread and the previous Last to Post thread had.

But hey, that means that those discussions intrigued you on Fate, even if it was just enough to get you to watch it.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Competetive viability hardly matters for the single player experience tbh. 

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

:lol: You would break the hardcore Pokémon fans hearts saying this.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I don't understand Fate discussions either, i guess this is how other people feel like when they got left out of the many Xeno discussions both this thread and the previous Last to Post thread had.

I feel called out.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Also very true.

---
4WGg7oe.jpg
Um... send help?

@twilitfalchion

Seriously don't try out any game what was brought up in this thread. Focus on series / games you are familar with and convinced they could match your interests. Don't do the same mistake I did. I trusted the rumors who said Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Ys are great series / games. I was naive and played them despite having no knowledge of these. The price is that I quitted all these games, means burnt my money. Since you completed FE9, you should focus on FE10. It's very a long game which has same and improved features compared to FE9. There's no real purpose of starting fanservice series like Fate if you're not familar with these characters and don't play games just for the fanservice. I liked the gacha (because of its gameplay), but most of the characters didn't appeal me to try out any of the real games.

Edited by Falcom Knight

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

kinda agree but one shouldn't push themselves to do so. For example, i refuse to watch horror movies. I cannot stand horror movies. I don't mind movies with horror elements (King Kong 2005 had a pretty horrifying insect pit scene) but anything that is straight-up horror, i won't watch, no matter what people say.

You can appreciate something more if it's something you're uncomfortable with but it can just as easily backfire.

No, I agree. I meant more if that's in the realm of your comfort anyways, trust me, I really don't like horror movies either. Horror elements are probably fine. I would be willing to give something like Resident Evil a fair shake, but I can't really stomach playing  purely horror based games or watching horror movies.

I don't think anything in Fate can really shake anyone up that bad, but yea.

Hey man, all you need to do is ask the for VN link on discord, I'll send it.

Edited by Caster

31 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

@twilitfalchion

Seriously don't try out any game what is brought up in this thread.

Focus on series you are familar with and convinced they could match your interests.

Since you completed FE9, you should focus on FE10.

It's very a long game which has same and improved features compared to FE9.

There's no real purpose of starting fanservice series like Fate if you're not familar with these characters and don't play games just for the fanservice.

I liked the gacha (because of its gameplay), but most of the chracters don't appeal me to try out the real games.

You're right. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Enjoy the ice physics. Unironically one of the best parts about the game.

Also, you might wanna make use of that bonus EXP soon. The boss fight at the end of Valak Mountain marks the beginning of a difficulty spike.

Nice :D

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

decided to just look up a detailed summary of it.

You could've watched the movies instead...

Summaries never ever show character interaction well.

I can get not being a fan of Dark stories though

1 hour ago, Caster said:

I really started to appreciate it after Fate route

We're kindered apirits aren't we xD

When it comes to stay night, that is.

@DragonFlames

Atelier Ryza 2 has been officially announced (i timestampped it). Well, no Western announcement for now but it's gonna happen. Koei Tecmo Europe is gonna be showing an English trailer on the 29th.

I'm actually very pleased with what i saw, it seems to be doing new things. Riding creatures on the field, new grapplehook item, you can swim underwater, suggesting new underwater exploration. Also it looks very good visually.

Also SMT5 was announced for a worldwide 2021 release.

43 minutes ago, Caster said:

Hey man, all you need to do is ask the for VN link on discord, I'll send it.

Thanks for the offer but i'm just not into VNs. Unless there's a legitamate gameplay element like in Professor Layton or Phoniex Wright (i've never played the latter), VNs aren't really for me. Might as well just read a book at that point.

Edited by Armagon

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/atelier-ryza-2-lost-legends-the-secret-fairy-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

O:

This looks kinda sick ngl

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

True, but I ended up not caring enough to take the time to do that. But again, thanks for the recommendations though. I know I probably sound like an annoying idiot at this point, but I do appreciate them.

I think if you didn't care you shouldn't have forced yourself for us in the first place.

Sorry for sounding a bit mean, but reading a summary and then writing a big review is kinda... uh, how can i say it, when iw was active in anime forums that was a surefire way to find a troll.

I am not calling you one, but it kinda gave me flashbacks xD

Like Falcom Knight said, don't try something you aren't atleast the bit interested in

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I think if you didn't care you shouldn't have forced yourself for us in the first place.

Sorry for sounding a bit mean, but reading a summary and then writing a big review is kinda... uh, how can i say it, when iw was active in anime forums that was a surefire way to find a troll.

I am not calling you one, but it kinda gave me flashbacks xD

Oh crap I never meant to sound like that. I was just giving something a go that I heard was popular to see if I liked it for my own self. Sometimes I really do sound like an absolute idiot.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Oh crap I never meant to sound like that. I was just giving something a go that I heard was popular to see if I liked it for my own self. Sometimes I really do sound like an absolute idiot.

All well that's ends well. We're thankfully in a nice place here. Fate threads of yore were not nice places xD

I still stand by my point though, giving a review based on summary is sketchy xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

All well that's ends well. We're thankfully in a nice place here. Fate threads of yore were not nice places xD

I still stand by my point though, giving a review based on summary is sketchy xD

Fair point.

Let me shut my mouth before I make myself sound like an even bigger idiot.

We all do mistakes, so please stop blaming yourself!

The only person who has the right to say idiot is Tear Grants, and this only to Luke.

When I was new in this forum I was the literally the same.

Friends prayed series and made me curious with that. Of course I kinda felt like being foced to play these games to be talkative to the others (I hate using the word group pressure here, but it was definitely not the case since no one ever forced someone to play something, and still other topics could be discussed about). Since I was very green with RPGs . Fire Emblem was my first RPG series at age of 23. I wanted to dip in other series. Of course some series appealed me, but some didn't. It happened. Just discover with your mind the games and find out what could be interesting and what not. Relying on someone's praise or review won't open your mind to judge about your own interests. You must see it on yourself! You like Fire Emblem, so I recommend to try focussing on this first! 

Edited by Falcom Knight

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yea that was my main problem.

Though I suppose it proves my point in my mind that people who ship Shirou with Saber haven't read the VN or even watched the animes.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Thanks for the offer but i'm just not into VNs. Unless there's a legitamate gameplay element like in Professor Layton or Phoniex Wright (i've never played the latter), VNs aren't really for me. Might as well just read a book at that point.

I don't mean to be rude... but like, uh... why not just treat them like books? I never... especially got this comparison. "Oh, I'm not into VN's, I would rather just read a book." Well... why not like, just treat it as such, it basically is anyways. I dunno.