Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

...My Baron I’ll say this for the sake of our dark alliance, but do not be so hasty. If we are to unite the great fell powers of Germany and Italy into one unstoppable force we need more subtly. Presenting yourself as a twenty-something year old who likes the animes was a stroke of resplendent genius, but the charade most continue. We must first beguile our future thralls a bit more and lull them into a false sense of security. Then and only then, can we go for the jugular, a turn of phrase that I think you’ll find very delectable, no?

Wraith.
Suppose I was your "Baron" (which I am not). How would I know that you are a loyal servant when you have already sworn allegiance to your Emperor of mankind?
Only a treacherous one would serve two masters.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And Yeah, Chika is immensely popular, especially with the anime crowd (not so much with the manga crowd)

The choreography is on point! Song is catchy, as well.
And also, she's adorable as heck. I can see why she'd be popular based on that alone.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Wraith.
Suppose I was your "Baron" (which I am not). How would I know that you are a loyal servant when you have already sworn allegiance to your Emperor of mankind?
Only a treacherous one would serve two masters.

You’re not the only one who can put on airs and be Janus faced my Baron, many webs of deceit can be woven for darkness weaves in many shades. And I never said anything about being a ‘loyal servant’, only that you signified to me that you wished to create an unholy alliance betwixt our grandiose powers. Your winking in earlier posts was all the indication I needed.

Edited by Wraith

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

And Yeah, Chika is immensely popular, especially with the anime crowd (not so much with the manga crowd)

Aww...that's so cute, and really solid dancing ngl.

Tbh, I thought she was the lead character of the anime based on some clips you shared from before, at least until I noticed her name isn't Kaguya.

Reminds me, Kaguya was one anime that actually looked like something I'd enjoy watching. I need to check it out sometime.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

You’re not the only one who can put on airs and be Janus faced my Baron, many webs of deceit can be woven for darkness weaves in many shades. And I never said anything about being a ‘loyal servant’, only that you signified to me that you wished to create an unholy alliance betwixt our grandiose powers. Your winking in earlier posts was all the indication I needed.

raw

seriously, please

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbh, I thought she was the lead character of the anime based on some clips you shared from before, at least until I noticed her name isn't Kaguya.

I thought the same, actually.

raw
seriously, please

Seconded

58 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

52 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I thought the same, actually

10.png?v4

she's the Heroine of the Story, whatever that means while not being MC or Love Interest  xD

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

she's the Heroine of the Story, whatever that means while not being MC or Love Interest  xD

Doesn't "Heroine" kind of imply that she's the protagonist, though...?
Weird. XD

I like her already though, just from that description.

---

Playing Trails in the Sky right now I really have to force myself not to use the acronym... and I got an Impede 2 quartz as a quest reward.
Should I really have something that strong this early?
Anyway, what I find surprising is that it's a wind-element quartz here, whereas in CS, it's time-element. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, I am just surprised that they changed it come CS.

And one other thing: there was a quest that asked me to help train some new recruits. At the end of the battle, they were on their knees.
Similar quests in the Cold Steel trilogy? Your party are the ones on the ground, no matter how badly you curbstomped them.
Shrimpy, I am beginning to fully understand you.

Edited by DragonFlames

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

The opening (which would be the Red Streamer) is slow as fuck but once you reach the Blue Streamer, things start to become way more enjoyable.

Okay, and what about the gameplay, is it enjoyable?

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Aerial Time!

Anyway, what I find surprising is that it's a wind-element quartz here, whereas in CS, it's time-element. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, I am just surprised that they changed it come CS.

There are alot of smaller changes like that going from Sky to xbell to CS

For example: La Tear arta line (water) became Breath (Wind). Same With Curia. Mind Quartz went from Water to Mirage

Shrimpy, I am beginning to fully understand you.

Tfw, and you didn't even finish early game yet haha

Yes, join my Side!

Edited by Shrimperor

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Aerial Time!

Thanks for reminding me!
I need to put the quartz next to each other to unlock Arts. I forgot that for a moment and was wondering why I didn't get anything beyond Air Strike and Sylphen Guard.

For example: La Tear arta line (water) became Breath (Wind). Same With Curia. Mind Quartz went from Water to Mirage

Interesting stuff.

Tfw, and you didn't even finish early game yet haha

Yep. Still in the Prologue. XD
I'm trying to do all the quests, and I'm also playing DQV on the side, that's why it's taking a bit.

Yes, join my Side!

Sure thing! XD

Edited by DragonFlames

50 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Heroine, but not the MC or love interest. okay....

She sounds interesting though.

38 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sky FC, at least in my experience, is a bit like BotW in that you get some really useful tools early on that you'll continue to use throughout the game.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm trying to do all the quests, that's why it's taking a bit.

I may decide to really take my time with SC and do the quests when I get to it. I usually like side tasks, but the story was so good in FC that I just wanted to keep progressing.

---------

On a side note, I haven't mentioned how much I love the attack animations in RD. The paladins especially look so nice charging in while spinning their weapons. Then again, anything looks nice compared to how stiff PoR's animations were.

Btw, I wasn't expecting to control the Greil Mercs so soon. I thought Part III immediately switched you back to the DB.

And yes, Mia is an amazing unit. I really like her RD redesign.

Edited by twilitfalchion

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's about time you realized it! Mia is simply awesome in RD, no questions asked!

it's why she's best girl, IMO, of course.

Edited by lightcosmo

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sky FC, at least in my experience, is a bit like BotW in that you get some really useful tools early on that you'll continue to use throughout the game.

I like it when games do this.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I may decide to really take my time with SC and do the quests when I get to it. I usually like side tasks, but the story was so good in FC that I just wanted to keep progressing.

I am also very curious about the main story, but at the same time, I am a bit of a completionist when it comes to stuff like this, especially when it's a game I enjoy.
Sometimes, it's hard to balance out.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Then again, anything looks nice compared to how stiff PoR's animations were.

To be fair, PoR was the first FE game that had 3D animations like that, so they probably didn't really know how to do it at the time.
But I agree, RD's animations look awesome.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah, it's great!

---

Those red bug things are... evil.
They're tanky at this point in the game, fast, and do a lot of damage. It's not too bad anymore, because I upgraded my equipment a bit, but fighting these things for the first time... oof! XD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

To be fair, PoR was the first FE game that had 3D animations like that, so they probably didn't really know how to do it at the time.

True.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

They're tanky at this point in the game, fast, and do a lot of damage. It's not too bad anymore, because I upgraded my equipment a bit, but fighting these things for the first time... oof! XD

They're definitely a pain early on. I learned pretty quick to never take on a large group of enemies, even if I did get stronger, lol. It's kind of like FE though where the first few parts are more difficult than the later parts, because you get so strong.

They're definitely a pain early on. I learned pretty quick to never take on a large group of enemies, even if I did get stronger, lol.

Oh yeah...
There are groups with five or six monsters at once very early on. I tend to avoid these, because with two people, it can get dicey, especially if three or more enemies decide to attack the same character.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's kind of like FE though where the first few parts are more difficult than the later parts, because you get so strong.

This is known as "earlygame hell", where the game is much more difficult early on than in later parts of it.
One good example would be the Etrian Odyssey series. Those games are at their roughest early on, when you don't have too many options to approach combat with. But once you have those options, the games instantly become a lot easier. Though most Etrian Odyssey games manage to stay challenging right up until the final boss.

Though I honestly wouldn't call Sky FC "hell" right now. There are a few enemy groups that are better off avoided, yes, but otherwise, the game isn't too hard.

Plays FE7: Sees Nils saying Linus uses a sword that drains HP, enters battle: sees Linus with Light Brand: Looks very confused.

Also me: Nils, you dirty liar! Light Brand does not drain HP!

Atelier Estella

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Small tip: elemental effectiveness

200 doesn't mean 2x damage, but 2xATS stat, which makes it deal much more damage due to how the formula works

120 effectiveness might be closer to double, while 90% might as well half your damage xD

Edited by Shrimperor

bureaucracy in corona times:

When you need anything: "online only might take 3-4 weeks"

When office/management needs anything from you: "3 days tops" "but i need x from other office and it might take weeks due to corona" "2days remaining"

Ffs

Edit: Sorry for the rant, but it is getting super annoying atm irl

Edited by Shrimperor

dkrmR9f.jpg

Posting this official art of the Xenoblade 2 gang+a few of the Rare Blades just camping out in Tantal for no reason other than it's really neat.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

specifically Xenoblade memes

28ff787.jpg?width=766&height=431

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The choreography is on point! Song is catchy, as well.

That ED is what got me into the anime.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay, and what about the gameplay, is it enjoyable?

Yes. Lining up the puzzle-pieces when there's a bunch of enemies is very satisfying (though sometimes the game can be a bit stingy on what counts as a lineup), everything costs a good amount of coins, especially accessories and even after upgrading your confetti bag several times, the bigger holes will still drain a considerable amount. 

What i'm saying is that there is genuine incentive to battle.

40 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

SC is better with sidequests since they don't expire after every minor storybeat.

This is true for the rest of the series going onward.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

200 doesn't mean 2x damage, but 2xATS stat, which makes it deal much more damage due to how the formula works

Ohhhhhhhhhh that's how it works. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

That ED is what got me into the anime.

Kaguya is a slice-of-life, romcom kind of anime, right? Sounds like something I would enjoy watching, actually.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

SC is better with sidequests since they don't expire after every minor storybeat.

That's a definitely a nice improvement.