Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

SC prologue makes grown men cry. It made lower difficulty to normal for a bit, before i restarted on hard again because i found Normal too easy xD

Oof. I may want to play on easy then, lol. I'm not too great at the vidya gaems, y'know.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oof. I may want to play on easy then, lol. I'm not too great at the vidya gaems, y'know.

Try normal first. Easy is definetly Story only.

I would've suggested hard, but only if you played FC on hard or higher and like super challenging games (and know the battlesystem really well)

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

CS1 Nightmare is easier than SC easy xD

wat

SC prologue makes grown men cry.

Yikes!
I might just do what twilitfalchion plans to do in that case.
Because I'm also not the best at these games (as evidenced above).

gimme some time then

'Course! Take your time!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Yikes!
I might just do what twilitfalchion plans to do in that case.
Because I'm also not the best at these games (as evidenced above).

Normal shouldn't really be too bad xD

SC is quite a bit harder than FC yes, but it's expected since you have a full game behind you.

The best comparison would be going from FE9 to FE10

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Glad you enjoyed it! ^^
The only Atelier game I haven't enjoyed was Atelier Totori. Every other game I've played gave me a fantastic experience.
If you think this game is for you, then the others are, as well, I'm sure!

Is there any that stand out more compared to the others? Or vice versa?

Damn am i rusty

or it was hard

or both xD

And my Recorder fucked up

a 30 Minute battle

pls

that was fun though

the Classic Trails rush haha

Also noticed again how much of a difference buffes make

Debuffed = 0 damage

buffed = 5k damage

Anyway gotta record again, and this time probably not a 30 minute battle that will scare you all away

Edit: Another recording gone lmao

Edited by Shrimperor

The joys of living in a rural area...electricity gets knocked out with just a few strong winds and stays off for most of the day. Still hasn't come back on.

But I'm lucky of course. Could've been one of the ones who died in NC. What's a little power outage compared to losing your life, after all?

Edited by twilitfalchion

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

@lightcosmo Thanks. We've actually had worse weather here before, but apparently whatever caused the problem still hasn't been fixed.

Being okay is most important! 

But sadly, no electricity sucks too! 😪

Also, your welcome!

Xenosaga Episode II update:

Got past the point where you have to exit before the time runs out, cant remember the places name. 

Levels are fine, and now that everyone has the ep restoring ability when stocking, cost is no issue.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

All right, im at Atelier Ryza's endgame, and my analysis is:

This game honestly blew me away. It was super fun and I thought the story was really fantastic and the I felt like the characters really grew, which was cool. Are all the other games that good? If so, I'll check into them.

Ryza's the third best game in the series imo. It has good gameplay and i liked the characters but it's character interactions were on the low side. The other Atelier games have way more character interactions.

I'd say avoid Atelier Totori and Atelier Ayesha. There's nothing wrong with them writing-wise but their gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. especially the former.

Just now, Armagon said:

Ryza's the third best game in the series imo. It has good gameplay and i liked the characters but it's character interactions were on the low side. The other Atelier games have way more character interactions.

I'd say avoid Atelier Totori and Atelier Ayesha. There's nothing wrong with them writing-wise but their gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. especially the former.

Yeah, it could have been better, but considering I thought it was honestly sincere for the most part. Yes, the gameplay was very good, i agree with you. 

Well, since I think gameplay is very important, what's wrong with them? If I may ask, if it's not too much, of course. 

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlames @twilitfalchion

after 4 tries, finally, a recording.

Of course the only succesful recording is the least exciting one xD

Anyway, this is a Zero Nightmare boss battle, compareable to Sky hard.

Careful use of debuffs and healing arts definitely helps on the harder difficulties, I see. I also see where CS got some of its features or new aspects (unless they were introduced in Sky SC or 3rd) like counterattacks in battle from and against nearby enemies. Interesting to see how the series advances from title to title.

Btw, are you playing the translated PSP version? I noticed the PS buttons so I assumed that that's what it was.

18 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, since I think gameplay is very important, what's wrong with them? If I may ask, if it's not too much, of course.

Atelier Totori is just poorly-designed in general and Atelier Ayesha is way too vague on what you have to do and synthesis and weapon crafting is unneccisarily complicated. No joke, i have eight Atelier games under my belt rn and Atelier Ayesha is the one game in the series at the moment where i genuianly do not understand synthesis.

14 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

also see where CS got some of its features or new aspects (unless they were introduced in Sky SC or 3rd) like counterattacks in battle from and against nearby enemies

Counterattacks in battle were introduced in Crossbell.

Crossbell is like the middle ground between Sky gameplay and Cold Steel gameplay. Crossbell plays more similarly to Cold Steel than Sky but still has Sky elements such as the Orbment system.

Just now, Armagon said:

Atelier Totori is just poorly-designed in general and Atelier Ayesha is way too vague on what you have to do and synthesis and weapon crafting is unneccisarily complicated. No joke, i have eight Atelier games under my belt rn and Atelier Ayesha is the one game in the series at the moment where i genuianly do not understand synthesis.

Yikes, that doesnt sound too fun. Well, I'll take your word for it, I trust you. 

What are your recommendations, in any order?

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Careful use of debuffs and healing arts definitely helps on the harder difficulties, I see.

And AT-Manipulation. It's not really visible in FC, but each Action has a Delay amount, that determines turn order. Manipulating that is the key to Victory. Healing Arts for example have a very low cast time, perfect for AT Manipulation.

Debuffs also depends on boss, you have to see which boss is immune to what. Like in this battle, Boss was immune to Status and AT-delay, however could be stat debuffed. The clones weren't immune to anything.

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, are you playing the translated PSP version? I noticed the PS buttons so I assumed that that's what it was.

Pc Versio, but with the amazing geofront patch

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Crossbell plays more similarly to Cold Steel than Sky but still has Sky elements such as the Orbment system.

eh

I say Crossbell is more Sky like, except that you can do 100% evasion builds like in CS xD

Edited by Shrimperor

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What are your recommendations, in any order?

• Atelier Lulua is the best game in the series.
  • Atelier Escha & Logy is the second best in the series.

Escha & Logy has margianlly a better cast of characters than Lulua but i prefer Lulua's gameplay more (and Lulua in general is just a really well-polished game). 

• Atelier Rorona was the first "modern Atelier" and it's very easy. Combat actually just doesn't matter but i don't mind it there. 
  • Atelier Shallie is good gameplay-wise but it's cast is a bit mixed. The returning cast from E&L is very good, the new cast isn't all that great except for a select few.
  • Atelier Meruru is basically an improved Atelier Totori in everyway though i'd still put it towards the lower end of the series tbh.

I'd recommend playing Atelier Lulua after Atelier Rorona for the best enjoyment. Mainly because Lulua is Rorona's daughter. Ideally, you'd want to play Atelier Lulua after the Arland trilogy for maximum enjoyment but you don't need to. 

I'd prioritizie playing Atelier Lulua, Escha & Logy and Rorona, in any order. Atelier Shallie is probably better played later and Atelier Meruru i'm honestly kind of iffy on it. I liked it but again, i'd still put it towards the lower end.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And AT-Manipulation. It's not really visible in FC, but each Action has a Delay amount, that determines turn order.

The tl;dr here is that Trails is ATB but the kind that's permanently set to Wait as opposed to it being a constant like in Final Fantasy.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Debuffs also depends on boss, you have to see which boss is immune to what.

They're immune to everything.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I say Crossbell is more Sky like, except that you can do 100% evasion builds like in CS xD

Honestly, playing Sky after playing Crossbell and Cold Steel just feels really strange at times because no attacking on the field and no counterattacks during battle.

For that reason, i'd say Crossbell is more closer to Cold Steel but i see your point.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
  • Atelier Lulua is the best game in the series.
  • Atelier Escha & Logy is the second best in the series.

Escha & Logy has margianlly a better cast of characters than Lulua but i prefer Lulua's gameplay more (and Lulua in general is just a really well-polished game). 

• Atelier Rorona was the first "modern Atelier" and it's very easy. Combat actually just doesn't matter but i don't mind it there. 
  • Atelier Shallie is good gameplay-wise but it's cast is a bit mixed. The returning cast from E&L is very good, the new cast isn't all that great except for a select few.
  • Atelier Meruru is basically an improved Atelier Totori in everyway though i'd still put it towards the lower end of the series tbh.

I'd recommend playing Atelier Lulua after Atelier Rorona for the best enjoyment. Mainly because Lulua is Rorona's daughter. Ideally, you'd want to play Atelier Lulua after the Arland trilogy for maximum enjoyment but you don't need to. 

I'd prioritizie playing Atelier Lulua, Escha & Logy and Rorona, in any order. Atelier Shallie is probably better played later and Atelier Meruru i'm honestly kind of iffy on it. I liked it but again, i'd still put it towards the lower end.

Alrighty, thank you for the info! 

I will for sure check those out!

Sorry for asking so many questions, by the way.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They're immune to everything

The one i just fought disapproves that 😛

depends on game really though

SC for example they resist everything (except debuffs sometimes xD)

ah, also @twilitfalchion Positioning is very important. In one of the failed recordings my Party was grouped together, and got s-crafted...

Had quite a hard time to come back from that, and could've easily lead to game over.

However grouping up makes it easier to buff your party, so decisions decisions...

Edited by Shrimperor