• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Or actually give us a proper Phantasia port please and it gets localized. Or any of the Narikiri Dungeons... or even Summoner's Lineage... BUT finally bring something that remains for the most part Japan-only over here!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ah, gotcha, thanks! 

Also, is there a reason behind the JP only voicing? I kinda like to understand the characters sometimes. Although I can read alot of it, I'd rather hear it too, personally, of course.

12 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

No, only since Lulua and then Ryza.

All games before also have English voices.

Correction, ever since Firis, Atelier has ditched English voice acting. 

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Is there any that stand out more compared to the others? Or vice versa?

Atelier Lulua definitely stands out by being one of the longest Atelier games. It also looks the best after Ryza. And in my personal opinion, it has the best characters and the best combat system out of all of them.
Atelier Sophie on the other hand is probably the smallest (in that the areas aren't exactly big), but it's also one of the cutest in its character interactions. It has a really welcoming atmosphere to it overall, which I can appreciate.
Atelier Rorona meanwhile is one of the most relaxing ones due to being pretty easy, as Armagon said.

So you see, they all have their areas in which they stand out one way or another.
Well, these three in particular happen to be my personal favorites in the series, so... sorry if I am gushing about all three of them a bit. XD

Maybe a word on the combat system: in these games it's different from Ryza in that it doesn't use a variation of FF's ATB system, but is instead more like Final Fantasy X and Megadimension Neptunia in that you can see the order of upcoming turns on a timeline.
Atelier Sophie allows for up to 4 active combat members, which makes it unique in comparison to the other two, which "only" allow three.
Atelier Lulua meanwhile introduces a "back row". Characters in the back row can be switched into battle and they can also use support attacks depending on what the front row team does (which can lead to a pretty insane amount of attacks and thus damage).

As for everything else, Armagon already explained stuff (and much better than I ever could).

9 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

The joys of living in a rural area...electricity gets knocked out with just a few strong winds and stays off for most of the day. Still hasn't come back on.

But I'm lucky of course. Could've been one of the ones who died in NC. What's a little power outage compared to losing your life, after all?

Glad you're doing alright!

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

@DragonFlames @twilitfalchion

after 4 tries, finally, a recording.

Of course the only succesful recording is the least exciting one xD

Anyway, this is a Zero Nightmare boss battle, compareable to Sky hard.

I see, I see!

Interestingly, you just debuffed the boss' speed and movement, not their attack or defense. Very interesting and very valuable learning experience, too.
Thank you for sharing! And thank you for the trouble you went through to get this! ^^

That boss be like: "Four against one? Time to even the odds! ... wait, why are my copies not doing anything?"
The party: "Haha, Chrono Down go brrrr".

Also, nice to see Randy and Tio in action! I loved these two in CS3.
tfw Randy sounds like Kojiro Sasaki.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

fbOVQ1I.png?2

Why now?

iCqMyyd.png?1

Well, I will take vacation for tomorrow and friday.

Also means at least one week without real sleep.

What luxury! I survived the Death March of 05’ when it was 49°C and the humidity was around 70%.

Edited by Wraith

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

nterestingly, you just debuffed the boss' speed and movement, not their attack or defense.

1. Didn't have any attack to do that

2. Debuffing is expensive and does not last long, so try and focus on the most important stats. Some bosses do need to be atk debuffed, for sure. Usually self buff s more efficient (lasts longer + cheaper) and Bosses can't stop you from doing that (as alot of Bosses resist stat downs)

That boss be like: "Four against one? Time to even the odds! ... wait, why are my copies not doing anything?"
The party: "Haha, Chrono Down go brrrr".

actually it was more At-delay xD

while boss was immune to it, Clones were not, so i had to let someone, in this case Randy, AT-delay them

Chrono down was mostly used to counter boss self buff

tfw Randy sounds like Kojiro Sasaki.

aq2TnG9.png
GVfrE8I.png

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

1. Didn't have any attack to do that

Ah, okay. xD

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

2. Debuffing is expensive and does not last long, so try and focus on the most important stats. Some bosses do need to be atk debuffed, for sure. Usually self buff s more efficient (lasts longer + cheaper) and Bosses can't stop you from doing that (as alot of Bosses resist stat downs)

I see, I see!
Good to know!

One thing I absolutely love about Zero already, just from watching the video, is that the Arts are actually sorted by category. Very nice UI choice, imo. ^^

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Chrono down was mostly used to counter boss self buff

Gimping their move was a good move too, I think.
At least that's what it looked like to me. No move = no range = no (or rather, very few) physical attacks

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

aq2TnG9.png

GVfrE8I.png

I knew it!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Gimping their move was a good move too, I think.
At least that's what it looked like to me. No move = no range = no (or rather, very few) physical attacks

Yup, they had to rely on ranged crafts to attack me, which lets them use CP, which means S-craft doesn't charge fast, and if it does, they don't get the 200 CP version (which is 50% stronger)

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup, they had to rely on ranged crafts to attack me, which lets them use CP, which means S-craft doesn't charge fast, and if it does, they don't get the 200 CP version (which is 50% stronger)

And that's why Tio and grey-haired girl (I don't know her name, sorry!) could tank the S-craft so well. I see now. I was wondering why they weren't dying in one hit.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

grey-haired girl

Elie!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I see now. I was wondering why they weren't dying in one hit.

Yeah...

As i said, you guys got the most boring recording xD

Other recordings had alot more stuff going on, including party member deaths and me going "oh shit" alot haha

I once ate a buffed S-craft to the face while everyone was grouped together

Thankfully Elie survived with like 10 HP and i could Aura Rain (heal S-craft) haha

Also, as you notice, S-crafts, player and enemy alike, aren't as strong here as in CS

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Elie!

Oh, so that's Elie!
Gah, I really need to brush up on my Trails lore...

Yeah...

As i said, you guys got the most boring recording xD

I found it rather interesting myself, but hey. XD

Especially since I finally got to see Tio's S-craft, which I didn't see in CS3 (because she doesn't have it there. Damn you, CS3!!!).

Other recordings had alot more stuff going on, including party member deaths and me going "oh shit" alot haha

I mean, Randy croaked in this one. XD

I once ate a buffed S-craft to the face while everyone was grouped together

Ouch!

Thankfully Elie survived with like 10 HP and i could Aura Rain (heal S-craft) haha

That's lucky! And a good thing such a thing exists.

Also, as you notice, S-crafts, player and enemy alike, aren't as strong here as in CS

Yep!
I am used to S-crafts, especially enemy S-crafts being basically instant death without any protection. Here, neither Elie or Tio were buffed (except for the Agility one at the beginning), and they still survived without too much trouble.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Especially since I finally got to see Tio's S-craft, which I didn't see in CS3

She gets 2 other S-crafts later on

The most useful one: Max Guard to the whole Party (x2 at 200 CP)

In Ao she gets a Mecha suit xD

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean, Randy croaked in this one. XD

Than god Thelas is a thing xD

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

they still survived without too much trouble.

If only you gotvthe recording where Elie was one shotted and Tio barely survived xD

But yeah, in Sky and Xbell S-crafts rarely mean party wipe, they just put you near death

There are 2 exceptions, and both are the strongest Bosses in their respective arcs, so it's alright.

That and you've means to guard yourself from them. No All Cancel bullshit

The most useful one: Max Guard to the whole Party (x2 at 200 CP)

Oh, like Emma's in CS3, then? That's awesome!
Saved my butt many a time, I think.

In Ao she gets a Mecha suit xD

Nice!

Than god Thelas is a thing xD

Yup. XD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

But yeah, in Sky and Xbell S-crafts rarely mean party wipe, they just put you near death

There are 2 exceptions, and both are the strongest Bosses in their respective arcs, so it's alright.

Yeah, that's fair.
I mean, you still have Breath and Holy Breath (or whatever they're called in Sky, since you said they're different there), so it's fine.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That and you've means to guard yourself from them. No All Cancel bullshit

And this is the best news for me!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Saved my butt many a time, I think.

Asssaving duo of Asssaving:

Sky: Lichtkreis (don't ask xD) + Grail Sphere

Xbell: Aura Rain + Zero Field

CS: just one shot boss bro xD

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nice!

latest?cb=20151217154233