Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Sleep Well, Draggy!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Today i realized i had zero idea what the fuck Master Arts were. I then booted up a save state from before the final boss and checked my Arts. Only Lloyd and Rixia had Master Arts (Fire and Illusion respectivly

you only had 2 LV5 MQ? 😮

I had everyone on LV5 MQ at the final dungeon

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

you only had 2 LV5 MQ? 😮

I had everyone on LV5 MQ at the final dungeon

Tbh, how I feel about Arts in the Crossbell games is the same way you and Draggy feel about Arts in the Cold Steel games. When I was playing through Crossbell, I was like "damn, Arts are.....actually kinda stinky in these games". More so in Zero than in Azure (though Arts Reflect for Zero's final boss is much needed) but in both games, I got the least use out of Arts compared to the rest of the series.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tbh, how I feel about Arts in the Crossbell games is the same way you and Draggy feel about Arts in the Cold Steel games. When I was playing through Crossbell, I was like "damn, Arts are.....actually kinda stinky in these games". More so in Zero than in Azure (though Arts Reflect for Zero's final boss is much needed) but in both games, I got the least use out of Arts compared to the rest of the series.

interesting...

especially since Arts are pretty strong in Crossbell. Especially Ao (and late game Zero)

Tio can map wipe Late game with Area Arts.

Especially with Bells in Ao

Edited by Shrimperor

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

So many recommendations for games to play, but where to begin...? Its so very hard to decide!

Well, time to get the Shrimp rec. machine working!
What are you in the mood for?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, time to get the Shrimp rec. machine working!
What are you in the mood for?

I'm always in the mood for RPG's. 

I tend to gravitate to games with good characters/story. Gameplay is also important, obviously. 

TBH, I'm not sure. I'm currently playing Xenosaga Episode II, for the 10th time, of course.

I dont enjoy shooters at all. So that's a no no.

Edited by lightcosmo

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I tend to gravitate to games with good characters/story. Gameplay is also important, obviously. 

Turn based or action? What are you in the mood for?

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Turn based or action? What are you in the mood for?

Either is fine with me! 

Edit: as you know, I'm a huge Xeno/FF/KH fan. And recently new Neptunia fan, as well.

Other than that, I suppose I could broaden my horizons a bit. 

Edited by lightcosmo

Either is fine with me! 

I see

Well, first rec. is an obvious one: Trails in the Sky! Characters you will find no better. Also your fellow SF'ers are playing it atm, so you can all help each other!

Ys Series - Action JRPG. Simple. Fun. Addicting. Amazing Boss fights. Banging Music. While used to be mainly gameplay focused (with some Lore), later games have become Story focused as well and stuff from the background from all games is starting to come together. You can start anywhere except Ys 2, since it's a direct sequel to Ys 1. Also made by Falcom.

Grandia - Battle System is pretty similiar to Trails.

Valkyria Chronichles - Anime World War 2 SRPG. With a Twist. When you select a character, you don't move em in a grid like map, but instead control them FPS Style. Pretty fun, with great characters and good Story.

Tales of Berseria - Fast smooth fun kinda button mashy action game. Cast is super good with an interesting Story.

Dragon Star Varnir - Might've a predictable story, but the cast is really really strong.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, first rec. is an obvious one: Trails in the Sky! Characters you will find no better. Also your fellow SF'ers are playing it atm, so you can all help each other!

Tales of Berseria - Fast smooth fun kinda button mashy action game. Cast is super good with an interesting Story.

I've always been interested in this, but wasn't sure what it was about.  How is the gameplay?

Any relations to Tales of Vesperia/Symphonia?

I've always been interested in this, but wasn't sure what it was about.  How is the gameplay?

Any relations to Tales of Vesperia/Symphonia?

Imo, Berseria's gameplay is much better that Vesperia's

Much smoother, faster, and it's all in 3D, no 3D/2D annoying switching

There's a demo on steam you can try!

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Imo, Berseria's gameplay is much better that Vesperia's

Much smoother, faster, and it's all in 3D, no 3D/2D annoying switching

There's a demo on steam you can try!

Vesperia's gameplay is kinda clunky for sure, but I have alot of bias for the awesomeness that is Savage Wolf Fury! 

In all seriousness, it's only good at best.

I might just do that, thank you!

I've not played a PC game before, haha.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

interesting...

especially since Arts are pretty strong in Crossbell. Especially Ao (and late game Zero)

Tio can map wipe Late game with Area Arts.

Especially with Bells in Ao

I guess i just saw Crafts as much more viable haha.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

TBH, I'm not sure. I'm currently playing Xenosaga Episode II, for the 10th time, of course.

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Xenosaga Episode II

10th time

I am genuianly concerned.

RPG recs, huh.

• Have you played Xenogears yet? I don't remember if you have.
  • I'm gonna recommend Trails, it's a pretty great turn-based JRPG series with an overarching story.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions is unironically pretty good, and i say this as someone who doesn't really like the idol genre. 
  • Gonna echo the Tales of Berseria and Ys recommends.
    • Do not start with Ys 7 though. The boss fights take way too long in that game.

As for non RPG games

• Astral Chain GOATED. One of the best games of last year.
  • The Azure Striker Gunvolt series is a fantastic spiritual successor to the Mega Man Zero games (it's actually made by the same guys too, Inti Creates)
    • On that note, Blaster Master Zero is also a dope series. Inti Creates is the king when it comes to 2D action platformers.
  • Tropical Freeze is a very good game but maybe get it on sale.
  • Origami King. Yes, i'm recommending it. Notice how i'm not listing it with the other RPGs tho. Origami King is more of an adventure game than an RPG and slow-ass opening aside, game's great.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I am genuianly concerned.

RPG recs, huh.

• Have you played Xenogears yet? I don't remember if you have.
  • I'm gonna recommend Trails, it's a pretty great turn-based JRPG series with an overarching story.
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions is unironically pretty good, and i say this as someone who doesn't really like the idol genre. 
  • Gonna echo the Tales of Berseria and Ys recommends.
    • Do not start with Ys 7 though. The boss fights take way too long in that game.

As for non RPG games

• Astral Chain GOATED. One of the best games of last year.
  • The Azure Striker Gunvolt series is a fantastic spiritual successor to the Mega Man Zero games (it's actually made by the same guys too, Inti Creates)
    • On that note, Blaster Master Zero is also a dope series. Inti Creates is the king when it comes to 2D action platformers.
  • Tropical Freeze is a very good game but maybe get it on sale.
  • Origami King. Yes, i'm recommending it. Notice how i'm not listing it with the other RPGs tho. Origami King is more of an adventure game than an RPG and slow-ass opening aside, game's great.

You know I like torturing myself as much as I can! I've played Episode I about 15, Episode III around 20-25, and II the least, so I'm okay, right?!

I have indeed! You recommended it to me a long time ago thank you! 

I've played TMS#FE a few times already, haha. 

Looks like Tales of Berseria is gonna be my go to! What system is that for? 

Is Tropical freeze a DKC remake? 

Paper Mario, I'm contemplating it, still unsure though.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

PC, PS3, PS4

as i said, there's a demo on steam 😉

PS4 it is, cause like hell I'd play it on the PS3. 

Is it similar at all to Vesperia/Symphonia?

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No, it's a separate game from the original DKC trilogy. And one of the best platformers of all time.

Ah, okay. I've been a big DKC fan, so I was curious. Is it similar to them gameplay wise?

Ah, okay. I've been a big DKC fan, so I was curious. Is it similar to them gameplay wise?

Better, imo. Less feeling like the platforming is so punishing but still being a very solid challenge.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Better, imo. Less feeling like the platforming is so punishing but still being a very solid challenge.

DKC is punishing? Huh, I never thought so.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Well, it felt like that to me, but I'm not very good at platformers in general.

Oil Drum Alley is the hardest level, IMO, and once you figure out the timing, it's not so bad. 

Haha, understandable, to me, it's a tempo thing, If i have the rhythm, I can breeze it, if I make a mistake, well, I'm screwed.

I have indeed! You recommended it to me a long time ago thank you! 

I've played TMS#FE a few times already, haha.

Nice.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That and the partner Kongs actually matter instead of just being an extra hit, levels are longer and generally way more creative with their set pieces and the music is God-tier.

Edit: well, Dixie Kong is OP, you don't need the rest.

Edited by Armagon

Well, I gotta check the PS store and see if tales of Berseria is on sale now. 

Edit: if I do buy it, be prepared for another 99+hour download. 

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, the Evolution version of SC looks and sounds beautiful, and the voice acting is a very nice touch.

You are like

the first person who says something positive about evo xD