Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I think it's a decent theme, but if you have to take into account that field themes in Ys are usually very fast and catchy, I can see the complaint.

Still not every final boss theme can be as phenomenal as this:

Spoiler

Ao final boss spoiler

Edited by Julian Teehee

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Still not every final boss theme can be as phenomenal as this

As a 4Chan meme goes

''We will never get another Azure Arbitrator''

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Like, cap it at 50%, however if you want it at 100%, you have to keep evasion buff up in battle

Would make it more exciting imo.

Yeah, okay, I can agree with that.
That would indeed be better.

---

How's this for a disappointing final boss theme?

's like my one complaint with the soundtrack in that game. The battle themes (with one exception) lack that certain something that makes them memorable or fitting for the mood.

---
And meanwhile, I'm sitting here thinking Gust makes the best OSTs...

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

....a disgrace xD

Especially if you consider what you're actually fighting.

Spoiler

Friggin' BUDDHA.

A final boss like that deserves better, imo.

Good thing you can override it with the Emiya theme if you picked Archer (which is exactly what I did, because of course. XD)

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We are talking so much about Trails Caster will not touch the games in a century xD

Nope. XD

3 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

How is this even a theme?

Good question.

The rest of the music on the OST is pretty damn great, though.
Except for the boss themes.

4 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

(Boss) battle themes are the most important musical themes in RPGs for me because they are still the hardest challenge of a videogame.

Definitely.

There exist themes that I hum along to in order to get into the rhythm of the fight.
There's even one I sometimes sing along to. Which always makes me happy that I can't be heard by strangers, because my singing voice is... not the greatest. XD

12 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

It's sad that the best song from P5 was replaced in Royal just by an instrumental version:

Actually, that applies to vanilla P5, as well.
You don't get to hear the version with lyrics until the second to last dungeon (and of course the beginning segment of the game).
Unless of course you never hear the version with lyrics in Royal, in which case I look like an idiot right now...

50 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True!
Even just the backgrounds for conversations look beautiful. Like this one:
sLDhLL5.jpg

Same. XD

I read that in the original version, after a certain amount of health has been chipped away, that cap gets lowered to 6,999.

Yeah they really look serene and gorgeous overall, like this one.

The original version... sucks, getting around without a speed function is tedious, damage is capped too low, of course this is my opinion, but traveling too slow can be a thing in games.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Yeah they really look serene and gorgeous overall, like this one.

Definitely!

I love the environments in Cyberdimension a lot, too. They're really gorgeous to look at.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

The original version... sucks, getting around without a speed function is tedious, damage is capped too low,

I was so grateful for the speed-up function, you have no idea! Made the hours spent for grinding levels and materials a whole lot less frustrating.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

of course this is my opinion, but traveling too slow can be a thing in games.

I definitely agree with you here.

54 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

True!
Even just the backgrounds for conversations look beautiful. Like this one:
sLDhLL5.jpg

Wow, that's really nice. Reminds me of something that would be in a Harvest Moon game or something like that.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We are talking so much about Trails Caster will not touch the games in a century xD

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Actually, that applies to vanilla P5, as well.

You don't get to hear the version with lyrics until the second to last dungeon (and of course the beginning segment of the game).
Unless of course you never hear the version with lyrics in Royal, in which case I look like an idiot right now...

So this hasn't been changed at all?

My memories must be really bad then.

I could have sworn the vocals version was played in the first dungeon in the part putting the calling card on the boss.

40 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

How's this for a disappointing final boss theme?

I appreciate it a bit, since the final boss theme of CCC is supposed to basically be a remix in the style of the final boss of this game, which I think is much better.

Edited by Caster

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, that's really nice. Reminds me of something that would be in a Harvest Moon game or something like that.

The sad part is that it's just a background image used for some scenes. You never actually get to visit that place, as much as I'd like that.

12 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

So this hasn't been changed at all?

My memories must be really bad then.

I could have sworn the vocals version was played in the first dungeon in the part putting the calling card on the boss.

As far as I'm aware, the instrumental version plays for every dungeon except the last two.

Then again, it's been a while since I last played the game, so I could be the one remembering wrong.

10 minutes ago, Caster said:

I appreciate it a bit, since the final boss theme of CCC is supposed to basically be a remix in the style of the final boss of this game, which I think is much better.

This should have been the version for the final boss in regular Extra, ngl.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

As far as I'm aware, the instrumental version plays for every dungeon except the last two.

Then again, it's been a while since I last played the game, so I could be the one remembering wrong.

This should have been the version for the final boss in regular Extra, ngl.

You are correct. 

And it wouldn't have fit the final boss of regular Extra, so I disagree.

Just now, Caster said:

You are correct.

Ah, so I didn't remember wrong.
That's good!

Just now, Caster said:

And it wouldn't have fit the final boss of regular Extra, so I disagree.

Better than the thing it currently has.
This sounds a lot more "final boss-esque", so to speak. The other one just kind of... exists. It doesn't give a vibe of "Hey, this is a life or death battle!".
The CCC one is much better in this regard. In my opinion, at least.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Definitely!

I love the environments in Cyberdimension a lot, too. They're really gorgeous to look at.

I was so grateful for the speed-up function, you have no idea! Made the hours spent for grinding levels and materials a whole lot less frustrating.

I definitely agree with you here.

They always have very eye catching graphics when it comes to that.

Speed up is convenient for a lot of reasons, and yes, grinding is #1 when it comes to that!

yep-yep.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Wish they developed Master Arts further instead (you see Lloyd using one multipe times in the video) instead of giving us those utterly broken brave orders with 0 drawbacks.

Master Arts worked like this: You get a one time huge buff + a Field wide buff in cost of a huge cast time and EP cost

Today i realized i had zero idea what the fuck Master Arts were. I then booted up a save state from before the final boss and checked my Arts. Only Lloyd and Rixia had Master Arts (Fire and Illusion respectivly).

No but really, i did not know what Master Arts were before today.

Tsk, just about any war I wage now in AtEFF increases Threat level by the dozens.

On the other hand, I'm quite powerful now... maybe I should just go "screw it", and just continue to expand.