Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

dkrmR9f.jpg

Posting this official art of the Xenoblade 2 gang+a few of the Rare Blades just camping out in Tantal for no reason other than it's really neat.

Yes. Lining up the puzzle-pieces when there's a bunch of enemies is very satisfying (though sometimes the game can be a bit stingy on what counts as a lineup), everything costs a good amount of coins, especially accessories and even after upgrading your confetti bag several times, the bigger holes will still drain a considerable amount. 

What i'm saying is that there is genuine incentive to battle.

Awesome artwork! Love the way everyone groups up and cuddles and such!

Okay. So it's got puzzle solving like most Paper Mario games, that's good. 

Always good when theres a reason to battle, too.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Kaguya is a slice-of-life, romcom kind of anime, right? Sounds like something I would enjoy watching, actually.

Yep. Can get serious when it needs too but it's for the most part very funny.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Okay. So it's got puzzle solving like most Paper Mario games, that's good. 

This applies to the dungeons too. Very Zelda-like, this game is.

I apologize for turning into Yoda for a sec.

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Small tip: elemental effectiveness

200 doesn't mean 2x damage, but 2xATS stat, which makes it deal much more damage due to how the formula works

120 effectiveness might be closer to double, while 90% might as well half your damage xD

I see, I see! I always wondered how that worked (yes, I didn't figure this out even after 3 CS games... yes, I feel embarrassed about it)
Thanks! ^^

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Atelier Estella

Ngl, at times, Estelle reminds me of Meruru with how she acts and reacts to things and people.
Also, I'd play that game.

---

I love Aerial...
Especially how, if I position Joshua right, I can bait enemies into walking right into its range. Hehehehehe...

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I probably won't play those games anymore, anyhow.

*sad CS noises*

But seriously, Sky FC (and most likely the rest of the trilogy) is so good that I can imagine the follow up arcs would have a hard time matching them in quality.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

*sad CS noises*

But seriously, Sky FC (and most likely the rest of the trilogy) is so good that I can imagine the follow up arcs would have a hard time matching them in quality.

The more I play Sky FC, the more I start disliking Cold Steel.
It's downright uncanny, really...

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The more I play Sky FC, the more I start disliking Cold Steel.
It's downright uncanny, really...

That’s like me playing older FE and disliking the Fateswakening games more and more, haha.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Though with FE, I still like Awakening more than anything pre FE9.

I can agree with that, maybe barring FE7 for me personally, but I think Awakening is the more easily replayable of the two.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

I can agree with that, maybe barring FE7 for me personally, but I think Awakening is the more easily replayable of the two.

Yeah, especially with how you can build your units in different ways through reclassing. And that's not even talking about the children characters...

1 minute ago, Julian Teehee said:

It's mainly the orbement system and main characters which make me to like Sky and Crossbell more than Erebonia.

Main characters is a definite point in Sky's favor. Gameplay-wise, they're pretty equal currently (but I haven't gotten that far yet), except that Arts feel a lot more meaningful, but what stands out about Sky FC to me right now is how it's missing some of the things that annoyed me to no end in Cold Steel, namely the constant character wank, and the fact that your party isn't allowed to have any meaningful accomplishments whatsoever.

Also, the pacing is a lot better in Sky FC. I'm still in the Prologue, but accomplished a lot more than in CS.
If this was CS, I'm pretty sure I'd still be in the middle of Bracer Guild Training...

26 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

(yes, I didn't figure this out even after 3 CS games... yes, I feel embarrassed about it)

Tbf, the games don't do a good job of conveying it. I played through the whole series not knowing how the calculations worked.

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Crossbell is the best arc right now imo.

Also, the pacing is a lot better in Sky FC. I'm still in the Prologue, but accomplished a lot more than in CS.
If this was CS, I'm pretty sure I'd still be in the middle of Bracer Guild Training...

I'm not one to praise any game for doing anything perfectly, but to me, Sky FC comes the closest to being perfectly paced out of any game I've played before. When it feels like the story is just about to slow down, it picks right back up and catches your attention again.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Tbf, the games don't do a good job of conveying it. I played through the whole series not knowing how the calculations worked.

For the longest time, I didn't know a higher elemental efficacy number means that the element is more effective against that particular enemy...

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I'm not one to praise any game for doing anything perfectly, but to me, Sky FC comes the closest to being perfectly paced out of any game I've played before. When it feels like the story is just about to slow down, it picks right back up and catches your attention again.

Sounds good, sounds good!
Right now, the story has been "this is how Bracer work works", but as I said, I'm still in the Prologue, so... yeah. XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

2 full games for bracer school :'D

Qt5qEXt.png

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I guess Caster won't be playing Trails anytime soon, huh? 😛

I mean it's been like 3 years since I made my case, don't mind it going on longer.

Claude x Olivier

B

Spoiler

Olivier: Today was a marvelous day! I’m impressed of the landscape and people here in Fodland.

Claude: Yeah, and you also met the cruelty of the ladies here.

Olivier: They are indeed a true challenge, but expected no less from a smart and beautiful lady in Fodlan. Well, the day isn’t over yet!

Claude: Aren’t head claps enough for you? Seriously how far do you want to go in bagging girls here?

Olivier: Tsk, that’s not like that. I just want to show them feel the power of my presence. They will not withstand the power of my lute and voice.

Claude: I mean, true, you draw some attention, but I don’t think it’s exactly the way you wanted. Being a Casanova alone won’t be enough to get all the ladies.

Olivier:  These are harsh as blunt words from a straight forward looking noble. Haha, I expected no less. You truly have some knowledge anthropology.

Claude: To be honest you are not really hard to be read…

Olivier: Oooh, then I will try to come across more secretly. Anyways Claude, I wanted to thank you for being my acquaintance today. I feel absolutely honored being guided by the Leader of House Leicester. But can I give you a final favor?

Claude: Hm, what is it?

Olivier: Could you give some recommendation about the nightlife here? To be more specific is there any good tavern nearby to spend some pleasant time in the dark hour?

Claude: Ugh, I have a bad feeling about this. Seriously I couldn’t trust you going to a bar all alone.

Olivier: How splendid, I’d greatly appreciate if you could accompany me.

Claude: No… that’s not what I meant to say.

Olivier: We could spend the time together to tell our heroic stories each other from man to man.

Claude: If this is really your true reason...then fine! But don’t get into mischief!

Olivier: You can count on me, milord! I always find the way to the tavern and out!

Claude: Well, that’s something at least. I guess I don’t have to keep you on a lead, then. I will guide you to the bar if you’re ready.

Olivier: Great! I’m looking forward. This will become the most eventful night for us!

Claude: …I don’t even think he’ll be wrong with that…

Inside the bar

Olivier: Hahaha… gulp… you’re more stable… than I thought. That’s what I expect from a modest person as you are. You’re a truly a model for your house!

Claude: …Why am I just doing this to myself… gulp.

Olivier: Keep going! Show me the maturity of a House Leader! Gulp… my…….. beauty…… could you bring another Rosenwasser for me and….. my prince… gulp.

Waitress: What on Goddess’s sake!? Claude what’s the meaning of this!? How could you bring up such a cub to the bar!?

Claude: …It was his desire. …Just don’t pay attention on him.

Waitress: You put your own house into the dirt. You should disgrace yourself!

Claude: Ugh… it was… gulp… jeez, women are way too impatient.

Olivier: Next Rosenwasser is on the way, keep strong! Night is still young!

Claude: Ugh… seriously. At least he has his fun… well… honestly… for me too… gulllllllp

Olivier starts to play his lute and mumble:

My dear you will hear me,

it’s the charmer Olivier Lenheim you see,

It is my biggest pleasure,

to sing for the biggest treasure,

I want you to ask to have a life,

as being Olivier Lenheim’s…. wi--

……….

Claude: Gulp…damn!

Waitress: He became unconscious. Seriously grab this guy and take it off from my bar! He can sober up outside. I don’t want to see you guys ever again, did you listen!

Claude: Gulp… crap… how shall I just pull him!?

Waitress: Get a clue! Off with you!

Claude: Yeah, yeah…goodness… she has no sense for a bit fun. Looks like as if I screwed up… gulp… How shall I just grab this dude!? He has a smell of booze…sheesh!

Claude: Pant… pant… done!  Why do always have to happen these things to me!? I guess I just have found a good sleeping place for you, Olivier. You liked the nature, right? You will definitely not freeze on the ground. Have a good night! gulp

Sorry, I know it's bad, but I don't know how to make people drunk, much less how they sound.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Early game in Sky FC is definitely preferable because it includes less text but more gameplay.

10 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Claude x Olivier

B

Hide contents

Olivier: Today was a marvelous day! I’m impressed of the landscape and people here in Fodland.

Claude: Yeah, and you also met the cruelty of the ladies here.

Olivier: They are indeed a true challenge, but expected no less from a smart and beautiful lady in Fodlan. Well, the day isn’t over yet!

Claude: Aren’t head claps enough for you? Seriously how far do you want to go in bagging girls here?

Olivier: Tsk, that’s not like that. I just want to show them feel the power of my presence. They will not withstand the power of my lute and voice.

Claude: I mean, true, you draw some attention, but I don’t think it’s exactly the way you wanted. Being a Casanova alone won’t be enough to get all the ladies.

Olivier:  These are harsh as blunt words from a straight forward looking noble. Haha, I expected no less. You truly have some knowledge anthropology.

Claude: To be honest you are not really hard to be read…

Olivier: Oooh, then I will try to come across more secretly. Anyways Claude, I wanted to thank you for being my acquaintance today. I feel absolutely honored being guided by the Leader of House Leicester. But can I give you a final favor?

Claude: Hm, what is it?

Olivier: Could you give some recommendation about the nightlife here? To be more specific is there any good tavern nearby to spend some pleasant time in the dark hour?

Claude: Ugh, I have a bad feeling about this. Seriously I couldn’t trust you going to a bar all alone.

Olivier: How splendid, I’d greatly appreciate if you could accompany me.

Claude: No… that’s not what I meant to say.

Olivier: We could spend the time together to tell our heroic stories each other from man to man.

Claude: If this is really your true reason...then fine! But don’t get into mischief!

Olivier: You can count on me, milord! I always find the way to the tavern and out!

Claude: Well, that’s something at least. I guess I don’t have to keep you on a lead, then. I will guide you to the bar if you’re ready.

Olivier: Great! I’m looking forward. This will become the most eventful night for us!

Claude: …I don’t even think he’ll be wrong with that…

Inside the bar

Olivier: Hahaha… gulp… you’re more stable… than I thought. That’s what I expect from a modest person as you are. You’re a truly a model for your house!

Claude: …Why am I just doing this to myself… gulp.

Olivier: Keep going! Show me the maturity of a House Leader! Gulp… my…….. beauty…… could you bring another Rosenwasser for me and….. my prince… gulp.

Waitress: What on Goddess’s sake!? Claude what’s the meaning of this!? How could you bring up such a cub to the bar!?

Claude: …It was his desire. …Just don’t pay attention on him.

Waitress: You put your own house into the dirt. You should disgrace yourself!

Claude: Ugh… it was… gulp… jeez, women are way too impatient.

Olivier: Next Rosenwasser is on the way, keep strong! Night is still young!

Claude: Ugh… seriously. At least he has his fun… well… honestly… for me too… gulllllllp

Olivier starts to play his lute and mumble:

My dear you will hear me,

it’s the charmer Olivier Lenheim you see,

It is my biggest pleasure,

to sing for the biggest treasure,

I want you to ask to have a life,

as being Olivier Lenheim’s…. wi--

……….

Claude: Gulp…damn!

Waitress: He became unconscious. Seriously grab this guy and take it off from my bar! He can sober up outside. I don’t want to see you guys ever again, did you listen!

Claude: Gulp… crap… how shall I just pull him!?

Waitress: Get a clue! Off with you!

Claude: Yeah, yeah…goodness… she has no sense for a bit fun. Looks like as if I screwed up… gulp… How shall I just grab this dude!? He has a smell of booze…sheesh!

Claude: Pant… pant… done!  Why do always have to happen these things to me!? I guess I just have found a good sleeping place for you, Olivier. You liked the nature, right? You will definitely not freeze on the ground. Have a good night! gulp

Sorry, I know it's bad, but I don't know how to make people drunk, much less how they sound.

XD
This was funny. I liked it!

10 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Early game in Sky FC is definitely preferable because it includes less text but more gameplay.

Especially because it's less "this thing/company/person is so awesome it can do this and this and that, look how awesome it is/they are, do you love that thing/person/company yet?" talk for textboxes on end, but actual, plot advancing or world building talk.

---

Draggy's Sky FC status report:
1rgACFy.png

Now, onto the last job I have to do for old Cassius. And the other sidequests that are assuredly there.
Yay!

11 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Claude x Olivier

B

Claude needs to meet Aina xD

Draggy's Sky FC status report:
1rgACFy.png

Now, onto the last job I have to do for old Cassius. And the other sidequests that are assuredly there.
Yay!

Getting max Rank in FC is very easy, or atleast much easier than other games. I missed 30 Bracer Points yet still achieved highest Rank!

good luck with it 😉

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Especially because it's less "this thing/company/person is so awesome it can do this and this and that, look how awesome it is/they are, do you love that thing/person/company yet?" talk for textboxes on end, but actual, plot advancing or world building talk.

So i am not the only one who feels that way huh? Alot of the text boxes in CS really feel like they are just there to have some text