Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Enjoy your weekend, Julian

I will manage the competition later today.

5 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Strangest game title I think I've ever heard:

"Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Familia Myth Infinite Combate"

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Nani the f***?

You guys never got into light novels huh

Probably for the better xD

Also decided to wait on XB2 a bit, even if it was very hard to resist, i just finished a big game and don't want to jump into another one right after. That, and i wanna finish my current backlog (Lulua, Astral Chain and DMC5) and deal with some rl matters first (as i am the type who leaves everything else hanging ehen playing big games)...

It's so so so tempting though xD

Inb4 later today i tell you all i got XB2 xD

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Have a good weekend, Julian Teehee. 👍

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

The only light novel with a name I'd even recognize is Toradora, and IIRC that actually differed from the anime in a few ways.

5 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

The best kind of gifts.

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Bestest of best Girls

It's the truth.

Have a great weekend, Julian!

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Annoying characters... I think it varies from person to person, so I can't say if characters who didn't annoy me would annoy you. Though, going off of memory:

• There is Kaph in LA2, an old man who runs a witch tabloid magazine and his flavor class is literally "Witch Otaku", and also a rather lousy unit so you'll never feel like you have to use him. Ignore him and LA2's cast is fine to me. Kaph's LA1 equivalent on witch-obsession is Nikolai, but I don't remember him being pervy at all, more purely a hopeless romantic.
  • If you dislike shotas merely for existing, Theo and Pip in 1 and 2 respectively may bother you. 
  • There is a tsundere in LA2, if that trope you find loathsome. I'm not sure if LA1 had a tsundere, Lucia the main witch would be the closest to one I think, but she lacks one visual trait I've come to associate with the trope.

Those don't sound too bad.
Tsundere characters in general don't bother me at all, actually, and the other two I'd be fine with so long as it's not too overbearing.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, since it doesn't look like DragonFlames will play the postgame, then I'll continue without the spoiler tags now.

Thanks for the consideration! 🙂
And congrats for succeding!

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Eh, nope. XD
I wanted to try reading some, but then I got distracted by other things and never had the opportunity. Now I've kinda lost interest to be honest.

6 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Inb4 later today i tell you all i got XB2 xD

It happens.

Fairly recently, I was like "oh, I wanna focus on other games first before getting Fate Extella Link".
Me literally one day later: "So, I got Fate Extella Link..."
XD

---

Been playing some Sky FC today, and met Olivier.
Poor Joshua...

Also, I found some more chest quotes, but one of my favorites so far is this one, which I found just about ten or so minutes ago:
7N7vQXF.png
I'm... sorry? I guess? XD

In other news, I wanted to tell you about my personal favorite aspect of the Trails series (and this might be a bit of an odd aspect to have as one's favorite in a series): I just love getting to a new place, exploring it top to bottom, and just talking to people.
Trails really nails this aspect, in my opinion, and Sky is - so far - no exception to that.

And another thing I want to ask about: I found a Deathblow 2 quartz and it says in the description that it breaks. It also has no elemental value, so my question is why would I use it if it can break (and thus most likely only works once)?

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

7N7vQXF.png

You have nothing to be sorry about, the chest is inanimate so it isn’t people. If it talks back to you again, throw it over the cliff to set an grisly example for any other chests who are thinking about getting to uppity with you.

Edited by Wraith

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Fairly recently, I was like "oh, I wanna focus on other games first before getting Fate Extella Link".
Me literally one day later: "So, I got Fate Extella Link..."
XD

Oof. That's me but with RD and Sky SC.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Been playing some Sky FC today, and met Olivier.
Poor Joshua...

tenor.gif

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I found some more chest quotes, but one of my favorites so far is this one, which I found just about ten or so minutes ago:
7N7vQXF.png

The time taken to add little touches like that mean everything to me when I play through a game. It shows such care that Falcom added to the overall experience.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In other news, I wanted to tell you about my personal favorite aspect of the Trails series (and this might be a bit of an odd aspect to have as one's favorite in a series): I just love getting to a new place, exploring it top to bottom, and just talking to people.
Trails really nails this aspect, in my opinion, and Sky is - so far - no exception to that.

I completely agree. This is probably the biggest thing that I've heard Sky 3rd doesn't focus on. Trails vets, correct me on this (since I don't know for myself), but I've heard in some videos on the series that Sky 3rd is more of a dungeon crawling RPG game than what Sky FC and SC were. And that it doesn't really feature Estelle or Joshua either. Again, if this info is wrong, please let me know.

20 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You have nothing to be sorry about, the chest is inanimate so it isn’t people. If it talks back to you again, throw it over the cliff to set an grisly example for any other chests who are thinking about getting to uppity with you.

Harsh.
But not untrue, either...

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

The time taken to add little touches like that mean everything to me when I play through a game. It shows such care that Falcom added to the overall experience.

Indeed! I also love little touches like this.

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I completely agree. This is probably the biggest thing that I've heard Sky 3rd doesn't focus on. Trails vets, correct me on this (since I don't know for myself), but I've heard in some videos on the series that Sky 3rd is more of a dungeon crawling RPG game than what Sky FC and SC were. And that it doesn't really feature Estelle or Joshua either. Again, if this info is wrong, please let me know.

Oh, that's interesting, if true.
I like dungeon crawlers as well (Etrian Odyssey, Mary Skelter, Labyrinth of Refrain), so this would actually be right up my alley.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Harsh.
But not untrue, either...

You’re damn right Draggy! Especially for the windows. When those damn windows start laughing at me I break them. They’re not so high and mighty when their glass panes are shattered and broken!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

but I've heard in some videos on the series that Sky 3rd is more of a dungeon crawling RPG game than what Sky FC and SC were.

Yes. Sky3rd focuses on fleshing out the cast even more, prepares for future titles, and has the best gameplay in the series.

And that it doesn't really feature Estelle or Joshua either.

No

While Estelle isn't MC, she's a side character there.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, with Mist being my only healer, should I load her up with BEXP to get her higher leveled as fast as possible? Or are there other units who could make better use of it?

If I remember correctly, Mist's stats are embarrassingly bad. Probably just better off holding out, TBH.

This weather..............

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

nashville-deacon-whew-o.gif

Oof. That was a rough chapter.

Ch. 3-2 was straight up tough, but a fun chapter nonetheless.

RIP Rhys and Ilyana.

You doin an ironman or something?

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, with Mist being my only healer, should I load her up with BEXP to get her higher leveled as fast as possible? Or are there other units who could make better use of it?

Other units could make a better use of it

19 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

RIP Rhys and Ilyana.

I think your using the wrong units as tanks, from what I can tell! :B):

Rhys wasn't cut out to be a knight, it seems. Too bad, Rhys, better luck next time!

Edited by lightcosmo

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yes. Sky3rd focuses on fleshing out the cast even more, prepares for future titles, and has the best gameplay in the series.

No

While Estelle isn't MC, she's a side character there.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You doin an ironman or something?

Other units could make a better use of it

No, but after resetting a dozen times on the same chapter, I decided to cut my losses and go with what I had.

Good to know. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I think your using the wrong units as tanks, from what I can tell! :B):

It's more me not keeping them out of range of the wyvern riders, leading to a bunch of stupid deaths and resets.

nashville-deacon-whew-o.gif

Oof. That was a rough chapter.

Ch. 3-2 was straight up tough, but a fun chapter nonetheless.

RIP Rhys and Ilyana.

Sorry for your loss.
But congrats on beating that chapter!

As far as Mist is concerned, she's not unusable (I once brought her into endgame and she was perfectly fine), but there are probably better units to use BEXP on.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

This weather..............

I know, right?
It's getting humid now. I could deal with hot, but when humidity is added into the mix, that's RIP Draggy.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The chest messages were added by the loc team from XSEED

you can thank Falcom's potato coding for that

Thank you to Falcom's potato coding in that case, because those things are hilarious.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry for your loss.
But congrats on beating that chapter!

As far as Mist is concerned, she's not unusable (I once brought her into endgame and she was perfectly fine), but there are probably better units to use BEXP on.

Thanks, and thanks also for the advice.