• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

sorry sorry xD

I know alot of people love it, but i couldn't get into it at all

Nah it's fine, I understand. 

In my defense, I played it with another person, so it was a bit more enjoyable for me.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...in the US, not in Japan? Oh wow

Yeah that's the surprising bit, it's not exclusive to Japan. It definitly feels like it would be but it isn't.

Although i will say i've never seen these outside of Dave & Busters. Dave & Busters is basically the arcade place here in the States so if a Mario Kart booth would be anywhere outside of Japan, it'd be there. I'm not sure if other countries have it though.

Edited by Armagon

Just found out that there's actually three arcade Mario Karts: Mario Kart Acade GP, Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 and Mario Kart Arcade GP DX. There's also Mario Kart Arcade GP VR so actually, there's four.

75313798_p0.png?width=610&height=431

78743036_p0_master1200.png?width=303&hei

74139465_p0.png?width=1013&height=430

Idk why Megalon, Titanosaures and Gabara are in that last one, they weren't in Final Wars. 

Sauce 1

Sauce 2

Sauce 3

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

ZN_h7OCgqswvk7VppRdyW12sZ9GR0nx1hh1Vj6MRqV4.jpg?auto=webp&s=fe27af78eff1839e7432ca047d9e977f6571b44e

wat?

where do people get ideas for stuff like this? xD

Oh, if you think that's bad, wait until you see a creation of my own. You see, one of Musse's costume options is called "Musse sans hat". You can already tell what this means.

Screenshot_21011.jpg?width=764&height=43

(The Ghirodrah wings were added upon suggestion from DragonFlames, who said i should give Musse dragon wings).

Zestiria first impressions

• Wow the story just.....begins, doesn't it? Idk, the pacing in the beginning here feels odd.
  • Sorey, Mikleo and Alisha seem alright. I like that you can see your party members follow you when on the field. Curious as to why Berseria didn't do that.
  • Hmmmm idk how to feel about Skits being restricted to save points and specific locations.

Wait no, why do i have to hold a button to move in three-dimensional space? I don't remember this from when i played the first hour four years ago. No game no. Stop. 

tenor_3.gif

I will say it doesn't feel as awkward as, say, Abyss but damn, this could be a turn off. I could've sworn that Zestiria was full 3D. Instead, it's LMBS but forward and backward instead of side to side.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait no, why do i have to hold a button to move in three-dimensional space? I don't remember this from when i played the first hour four years ago. No game no. Stop. 

tenor_3.gif

Big oof.

I will say it doesn't feel as awkward as, say, Abyss but damn, this could be a turn off. I could've sworn that Zestiria was full 3D. Instead, it's LMBS but forward and backward instead of side to side.

Isn't Abyss considered one of the best Tales games? I mean, I personally didn't like it when I tried it. I just thought that was the case based on what I've heard from other Tales fans.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

3i1uhg5qvcf51.jpg

Man, poor Lulua. Not only does her game get released after the big 20th anniversary celebration game, but the same year, Atelier Ryza gets released and completely overshadows her.

Lulua has like the least amount of fan-art out of any modern Atelier protag.

Also Sophie and Plachta don't get to say "we only have cameos" when they are playable characters in Warriors All-Stars.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Isn't Abyss considered one of the best Tales games? I mean, I personally didn't like it when I tried it. I just thought that was the case based on what I've heard from other Tales fans.

It is. 

I couldn't get into it on account of me just not liking LMBS in general.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I personally would prefer Xeno Warriors rather than just Xenoblade, in order to have XS!KOS-MOS & T-ELOS involved

Correction! +Some Gnosis grunts to massacre. Because we know the way things sadly stand.

And on the topic of Xenoblade Warriors, when XW happens, how many characters are going to be in the base roster?

Looking at Hyrule Warriors for comparison, the original Wii U release had...

Spoiler
  1. Hylian/Master Sword!Link
  2. Giant Blade!Impa
  3. Rapier!Zelda
  4. Great Swords!Ganondorf
  5. Sheik
  6. Book of Sorcery!Lana
  7. Darunia
  8. Ruto
  9. Midna
  10. Agitha
  11. Fi
  12. Zant
  13. Ghirahim
  14. Cia (Free DLC)
  15. Volga (Free DLC)
  16. Wizzro (Free DLC)

16 characters.

Although it should be worth considering the alternative weapons available in the base game, which are new movesets, but not the costlier addition of new character models.:

1. Magic Rod!Link
  2. Gauntlets!Link
  3. Great Fairy!Link (which is basically a separate character)
  4. Naginata!Impa
  5. Baton!Zelda
  6. Spear!Lana
  7. Summoning Gate!Lana

For a total of 23 different different fighting styles.

If we add paid DLC from the Wii U game, and but not the 3DS port because that sounds like "too much".:

1. Twili Midna
  2. Young Link
  3. Tingle
  4. Spinner!Link
  5. Horse!Link
  6. Dominion Rod!Zelda

29 distinct movesets, 19 of which are different characters.

Looking at other DW starter games: 

• Dynasty Warriors: Gundam looked like about 15 characters.
  • The very first Samurai Warriors, adding in Xtreme Legends (basically DLC before DLC existed) was 18. 
  • Warriors All-Stars, after deducting the Samurai/Dynasty carryovers, is 19 (maybe 16 if Ryu, Ayane, and Kasumi use their Warriors Orochi 3 movesets).
  • Dynasty Warriors 2, the first Musou, was 28. -But I don't know if anyone shared movesets back then.
  • Ain't gonna look at Pirate Warriors because Anime is Yuck, mecha sweetened the pill of quickly skimming the Gundam roster.
  • Not sure how many unique movesets Fire Emblem Warriors has, is it 16? Or are there a few more? The DLC added 1 moveset I think (or is Olivia's distinct?) but 9 character models- which is 4 more than the DLC bundle of HW.

Now, let me try to make a 19 character base roster for a hypothetical roster in the realm of possibility. And I'll add in 5 paid DLC additions, considering the Spinner of HW required a separate purchase of an Amiibo. I'll throw up an ALL XC GAMES SPOILERS! because I'm lazy.:

Spoiler

XC1

1. Shulk
  2. Fiora
  3. Melia
  4. Dunban
  5. Riki
  6. Reyn
  7. Sharla
  8. Metal Face

XC2:

1. Rex & MyPy
  2. Nia & Dromarch
  3. Tora & Poppi
  4. Morag & Brighid
  5. Zeke & Pandoria
  6. Jin
  7. Malos

XCX:

1. Elma

Xenosaga: 

1. KOS-MOS
  2. T-ELOS

+1 Playable Original Character to provide just enough cement for the world of the crossover. The villain can remain unplayable.

Paid DLC:

1. Lora & Haze- For a 100% Torna representative.
  2. Lora & Jin- Because I've already made Lora with Haze, why not give her the option of working with the Jin model thats already going to exist too? They can make the duo work differently than solo Jin, leave his awesome Abz to his one man showing, and emphasize the tag-teaming.
  3. Catalyst Scimitar- We need them.
  4. Lao- Important to XCX, but I can't squeeze them into the base game.
  5. Egil- Somebody has to be Xenoblade 1 DLC.

I was going to add Lin, but I opted to send her the way of the Lone Hero. That way, I could fit Reyn and Sharla for a complete XC1 playable roster included. 

I was intending to leave Mad Taunt and My Rifle Is Getting Hotter to die trapped in interdimensional space due to failure to properly phase-transition when the world merge happens. And instead, I would've given XC1 and 2 an equal number of characters in the base roster by including the XC1 DLC character in the starting set and replacing them with someone else who I hadn't thought of. I feel that I should to include or leave out R&S as a package deal, it would be awkward if they weren't. And Tora and Nia being around mean I'm not being biased against tanks and healers.

I considered making Lin DLC by excluding Lora's first pairing, but I opted to strengthen Torna's representation instead.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correction! +Some Gnosis grunts to massacre. Because we know the way things sadly stand.

And on the topic of Xenoblade Warriors, when XW happens, how many characters are going to be in the base roster?

Looking at Hyrule Warriors for comparison, the original Wii U release had...

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Hylian/Master Sword!Link
  2. Giant Blade!Impa
  3. Rapier!Zelda
  4. Great Swords!Ganondorf
  5. Sheik
  6. Book of Sorcery!Lana
  7. Darunia
  8. Ruto
  9. Midna
  10. Agitha
  11. Fi
  12. Zant
  13. Ghirahim
  14. Cia (Free DLC)
  15. Volga (Free DLC)
  16. Wizzro (Free DLC)

16 characters.

Although it should be worth considering the alternative weapons available in the base game, which are new movesets, but not the costlier addition of new character models.:

1. Magic Rod!Link
  2. Gauntlets!Link
  3. Great Fairy!Link (which is basically a separate character)
  4. Naginata!Impa
  5. Baton!Zelda
  6. Spear!Lana
  7. Summoning Gate!Lana

For a total of 23 different different fighting styles.

If we add paid DLC from the Wii U game, and but not the 3DS port because that sounds like "too much".:

1. Twili Midna
  2. Young Link
  3. Tingle
  4. Spinner!Link
  5. Horse!Link
  6. Dominion Rod!Zelda

29 distinct movesets, 19 of which are different characters.

Looking at other DW starter games: 

• Dynasty Warriors: Gundam looked like about 15 characters.
  • The very first Samurai Warriors, adding in Xtreme Legends (basically DLC before DLC existed) was 18. 
  • Warriors All-Stars, after deducting the Samurai/Dynasty carryovers, is 19 (maybe 16 if Ryu, Ayane, and Kasumi use their Warriors Orochi 3 movesets).
  • Dynasty Warriors 2, the first Musou, was 28. -But I don't know if anyone shared movesets back then.
  • Ain't gonna look at Pirate Warriors because Anime is Yuck, mecha sweetened the pill of quickly skimming the Gundam roster.
  • Not sure how many unique movesets Fire Emblem Warriors has, is it 16? Or are there a few more? The DLC added 1 moveset I think (or is Olivia's distinct?) but 9 character models- which is 4 more than the DLC bundle of HW.

Now, let me try to make a 19 character base roster for a hypothetical roster in the realm of possibility. And I'll add in 5 paid DLC additions, considering the Spinner of HW required a separate purchase of an Amiibo. I'll throw up an ALL XC GAMES SPOILERS! because I'm lazy.:

Reveal hidden contents

XC1

1. Shulk
  2. Fiora
  3. Melia
  4. Dunban
  5. Riki
  6. Reyn
  7. Sharla
  8. Metal Face

XC2:

1. Rex & MyPy
  2. Nia & Dromarch
  3. Tora & Poppi
  4. Morag & Brighid
  5. Zeke & Pandoria
  6. Jin
  7. Malos

XCX:

1. Elma

Xenosaga: 

1. KOS-MOS
  2. T-ELOS

+1 Playable Original Character to provide just enough cement for the world of the crossover. The villain can remain unplayable.

Paid DLC:

1. Lora & Haze- For a 100% Torna representative.
  2. Lora & Jin- Because I've already made Lora with Haze, why not give her the option of working with the Jin model thats already going to exist too? They can make the duo work differently than solo Jin, leave his awesome Abz to his one man showing, and emphasize the tag-teaming.
  3. Catalyst Scimitar- We need them.
  4. Lao- Important to XCX, but I can't squeeze them into the base game.
  5. Egil- Somebody has to be Xenoblade 1 DLC.

I was going to add Lin, but I opted to send her the way of the Lone Hero. That way, I could fit Reyn and Sharla for a complete XC1 playable roster included. 

I was intending to leave Mad Taunt and My Rifle Is Getting Hotter to die trapped in interdimensional space due to failure to properly phase-transition when the world merge happens. And instead, I would've given XC1 and 2 an equal number of characters in the base roster by including the XC1 DLC character in the starting set and replacing them with someone else who I hadn't thought of. I feel that I should to include or leave out R&S as a package deal, it would be awkward if they weren't. And Tora and Nia being around mean I'm not being biased against tanks and healers.

I considered making Lin DLC by excluding Lora's first pairing, but I opted to strengthen Torna's representation instead.

Where are the Xenosaga reps!? 

10/10 dissapointed. 

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

This seems like a good base roster+DLC, especially given the three-way ownership of the series. Of course, ideally, Fei at least should be in a hypothetical Xeno Warriors. He was the original after all.

I'd include Shion in the base game as well if only because having her be DLC does feel a tad bit wrong. KOS-MOS and T-elos crossover in everything, leaving Shion out of it doesn't feel right.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

He included KOS-MOS and T-elos, it's just that the list was mostly focused on Xenoblade. Because realistically, that's what would end up happening.

22 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thing is, some of the older Tales games have that 3D but actually 2D thing, where the gameplay takes place in 3D, but you can only access the third dimension by pressing a button, otherwise the game makes a 2D plane between you and the enemy (imagine fighting games).

It's jarring af, and i couldn't really get into it (and neither could Armagon)

Night was better than expected despite having 30 °C in my room.

Abyss was my first Tales game and I loved it for two reasons:

• simple battle system
  • best dungeon design of all Tales games I've played yet

Also the music deserves a mention which is pretty damn great and memorable.

Musse was nominated, hmm, sorry Tio, but I'm afraid to betray you.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

otherwise the game makes a 2D plane between you and the enemy (imagine fighting games).

Adding to this, it works better in fighting games because in traditional fighting games, there are only ever two characters on the screen at any time. Even the "3D fighters" such as Soulcaliber and Tekken still follow these rules.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing is, some of the older Tales games have that 3D but actually 2D thing, where the gameplay takes place in 3D, but you can only access the third dimension by pressing a button, otherwise the game makes a 2D plane between you and the enemy (imagine fighting games).

It's jarring af, and i couldn't really get into it (and neither could Armagon)

Wow, that sounds really awkward, to say the least.

I guess my time with FE has gotten me so used to a turn-based system that I find it hard to adjust to anything else. Except Rune Factory, which is basically Zelda combat.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Adding to this, it works better in fighting games because in traditional fighting games, there are only ever two characters on the screen at any time. Even the "3D fighters" such as Soulcaliber and Tekken still follow these rules.

Yup.

I found it extra annoying than enemies could come from the 3rd dimension and attack freely while you have to follow the 2D rules

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow, that sounds really awkward, to say the least.

I guess my time with FE has gotten me so used to a turn-based system that I find it hard to adjust to anything else. Except Rune Factory, which is basically Zelda combat.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/207350/Ys_Origin/

there's a Demo, go check it out xD

And good morning, Julian

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

10/10 dissapointed. 

You tell me where to fit them. Kill Morag? Skin Tora alive and use his fur for a new hoodie for Pyra? Does Dunban Thunder!-fart himself to the moon?

I haven't played XS either, so I'm not familiar with their roster. Either I get a non-Mac computer that can run ePSXe2 (I'm not going to try Wine on my new MacBook), or I wait for XS I&II DS to be fan-translated. Until then, I only know K&T and MOMO.

Of course, ideally, Fei at least should be in a hypothetical Xeno Warriors. He was the original after all.

In an ideal world, of course Fei would get in, his fisticuffs aren't exactly common either. For the rest:

• Elly and her ether magic + baton would be entirely distinct from Melia.
  • Citan can blend punches with katana slashes to not copy Dunban and Jin entirely.
  • Bart has a whip and thats very unique too, a little bit of Lora aside.
  • Emeralda can reformulate herself- how is that not awesome? 
  • Maria of all filler characters can try to rep Xeno's liking for mecha via unending summons of Seibzehn.
  • Billy has a niche, for there really aren't that many gun users in Xenoblade. 

Rico could be fun too. Though I'm feeling ChuChu can get merged into Maria's moveset- they get their big moments together and both are very filler.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd include Shion in the base game as well if only because having her be DLC does feel a tad bit wrong. KOS-MOS and T-elos crossover in everything, leaving Shion out of it doesn't feel right.

But we know thats how it's been. That said, the one time Shion did get in a crossover, she was paired with MOMO, do it again to fit in two XS characters at once? Here is their tag-team fighting, I didn't actually watch this segment of the vid, for the sake of the day I play NxC myself and experience it firsthand.