• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Look forward to Sky 3rd, where he's the main protagonist.

......Wait shit, you're emulating these aren't you? Sky 3rd on PSP was never localized and there isn't a translation on account of it being on Steam already. Might have to watch a playthrough for this one. Same for you Draggy.

No, actually. I load up Windows with Boot Camp assistant and play the GOG versions. Turbo mode ftw.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Whenever Tales comes up, nobody ever mentions Symphonia, so I'm honestly not too surprised.

Wait, really? Symphonia was a gateway JRPG for a lot of people, especially those who grew up with Nintendo. I find it hard to believe that it doesn't really come up during Tales discussion. 

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No, actually. I load up Windows with Boot Camp assistant and play the GOG versions. Turbo mode ftw.

Ah ok.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, really? Symphonia was a gateway JRPG for a lot of people, especially those who grew up with Nintendo. I find it hard to believe that it doesn't really come up during Tales discussion.

At least not here, as far as I'm aware.
Though this is pretty much the only place I visit, so...

I would also say that Bravely Default and Trails in the Sky are both good first JRPGs as well. I enjoyed them, and I'm not even a massive JRPG guy.

Edited by twilitfalchion

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I would also say that Bravely Default and Trails in the Sky are both good first JRPGs as well. I enjoyed them, and I'm not even a massive JRPG guy.

Definitely agree with this one.
It plays like a classic JRPG, but has a crapton of QoL stuff added to enable players to tailor the experience to how they want it, which makes it perfect for beginners. Bravely Second does the same, as well.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

FFXIII is also a good gateway JRPG, actually.

Edit: I mean I agree with you. Ah, what is wrong with me right now!?

Curious why you feel that way, though.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Curious why you feel that way, though.

It's gameplay is not too hard to grasp and the initially linear progression helps with getting a grip on how everything works until it opens up towards the end. The story isn't too hard to follow, either if you pay attention to everything.
At least that's how my dad, who played the game along with me, said back when we played it.

---

As to what I've been doing during my brief absence these past two or three hours: I started a new playthrough on the best my favorite game in the world featuring my favorite character.
Since I know the game, though, I'll challenge myself, and restrict myself to only using the initial party of Servans you get, which would be these four adorable critters:
aV4lS1s.jpg
Normally, you can have four parties of Servans with you and you can switch between them, and of course there are lot more types of Servans than these four (Rise is for healing, Ace for attacking, Alvaro is to draw aggro, and Sophia shields you when you get knocked down). Not being able to use one Servan type in particular is going to make a later boss fight downright brutal, however... so we'll see how that goes!

3ebScQi.jpg

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What if you can save both, though?

Then you're an innocent Magical girl who has too much magical power xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Nice to see RF5 still on track for its release date even with a pandemic going on. RF4 was such a great game. Hopefully RF5 will be an expansion of what RF4 did so well. Maybe have a bigger town, more characters, an orchestrated soundtrack, etc.

Edited by twilitfalchion

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Then you're an innocent Magical girl who has too much magical power xD

*Illya intensifies*
... maybe.
Depending on how Prisma goes from here on out.

Spoiler

Arnice does manage to save both her girl from getting sacrificed to keep the Nightlord (who is the king of the Demons in NoA) sealed and the world from getting plunged into an Eternal Night by said Nightlord in the game's golden ending (which is only available by beating the postgame).
... By becoming the Nightlord herself.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nice to see RF5 still on track for its release date even with a pandemic going on. RF4 was such a great game. Hopefully RF5 will be an expansion of what RF4 did so well. Maybe have a bigger town, more characters, an orchestrated soundtrack, etc.

Oh, nice! I'm happy for all the RF fans!
This reminds me that I wanted to try RF4, actually.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That's cool ngl

Told ya she's amazing. XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And sad 😕

A little, yeah.
That is, until you get to the post-credits scene.

Though then NoA2 happens and it all goes down the drain.
Big time.