Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, nice! I'm happy for all the RF fans!
This reminds me that I wanted to try RF4, actually.

Unfortunately, it'll probably be quite a bit longer for Western localization to happen (XSEED most likely), but who knows? Maybe a worldwide release is in the works.

Since you enjoy the Atelier games (which I need to try myself sometime), I do think you'll enjoy Rune Factory 4 if you end up trying it of course. They're somewhat similar in pace and some gameplay aspects like crafting, even if RF4's crafting isn't as involved as Atelier's is.

And there I go shilling a game I like. Sorry if I sound pushy or overbearing.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I just read a short comic series called Godzilla: Rage Across Time. In the second issue, the Big G kills the Greek Gods and was powerful enough to make Zeus himself feel fear. Awesome. Really putting the "God" in Godzilla.

Also, i found this

RCO001.jpg?width=280&height=430

Screenshot_20200809-184220_1.png?width=2

4 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I would also say that Bravely Default and Trails in the Sky are both good first JRPGs as well. I enjoyed them, and I'm not even a massive JRPG guy.

Yeah, as Shrimpy said, Trails in the Sky isn't really a gateway JRPG. Gateway JRPGs are generally very accessible and very easy to get into, as well as rooted in the mainstream concious. Square Enix games usually tend to be gateway JRPGs as Square Enix is seen as the JRPG studio by most casual players. Pokemon (duh) and the first two Paper Mario games are also gateway JRPGs.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

As to what I've been doing during my brief absence these past two or three hours: I started a new playthrough on the best my favorite game in the world featuring my favorite character.
Since I know the game, though, I'll challenge myself, and restrict myself to only using the initial party of Servans you get, which would be these four adorable critters:
aV4lS1s.jpg

I saw this screenshot and was like "since when does DragonFlames play gachas" and then i remembered it was Nights of Azure.

It really does look like a gacha screenshot tho.

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Nice to see RF5 still on track for its release date even with a pandemic going on. RF4 was such a great game. Hopefully RF5 will be an expansion of what RF4 did so well. Maybe have a bigger town, more characters, an orchestrated soundtrack, etc.

Awesome.

I suppose the big question is, will it still be top-down like most games in the series or will it be full 3D? I'd prefer the former since you have a bigger field of view when farming.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This reminds me that I wanted to try RF4, actually.

As i explained to Lightcosmo a few pages back, if you're a fan of Atelier, chances are, you'll like Rune Factory as well. Give it a try!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

For her? Or for the Story?

For Arnice.
In a nutshell: Lilysse gets kidnapped, Arnice goes completely mad, because she is told that Lilysse is dead, and she stays in that state for who knows how many years while the Moon Queen tries to do what the previous Nightlord failed at (that is, bring Eternal Night upon the world).

The story in NoA2 is a tad bit weaker than NoA1 overall, I'd say, but NoA2 has the better antagonist.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Unfortunately, it'll probably be quite a bit longer for Western localization to happen (XSEED most likely), but who knows? Maybe a worldwide release is in the works.

We can only hope!
Though worldwide releases have become more and more standardized lately, so I think there is a good chance for it.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Since you enjoy the Atelier games (which I need to try myself sometime), I do think you'll enjoy Rune Factory 4 if you end up trying it of course. They're somewhat similar in pace and some gameplay aspects like crafting, even if RF4's crafting isn't as involved as Atelier's is.

That does sound really nice!

And there I go shilling a game I like. Sorry if I sound pushy or overbearing.

You tell that to the guy who shills Nights of Azure every chance he gets. XD
Don't worry about it! I don't mind at all!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I saw this screenshot and was like "since when does DragonFlames play gachas" and then i remembered it was Nights of Azure.

It really does look like a gacha screenshot tho.

Since I'm unfamiliar with gacha games beyond the mechanics, the comparison never came to mind. Very interesting!

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As i explained to Lightcosmo a few pages back, if you're a fan of Atelier, chances are, you'll like Rune Factory as well. Give it a try!

Will do!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We need to establish a "never apologize for shilling a game you like" rule

I would say I agree...
Then I remember I do that all the time myself. XD

RCO006.jpg?width=280&height=430

Godzilla can't read.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We need to establish a "never apologize for shilling a game you like" rule

I thought this was already established.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Since I'm unfamiliar with gacha games beyond the mechanics, the comparison never came to mind. Very interesting!

Yeah there's a very gacha-like feel to that screenshot. That's what prep screens in gacha games tend to look like.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Though worldwide releases have become more and more standardized lately, so I think there is a good chance for it.

>XSeed

>Worldwide release

Pick one.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Once I finish Berseria, I'll get there!

Just now, Shrimperor said:

F

No rest for her eh?

Nope.

At least you can snap her out of her madness if you fulfill a lategame quest for Christophorus, whose entire goal in NoA2 is to do just that.
So it's not all bad for her.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah there's a very gacha-like feel to that screenshot. That's what prep screens in gacha games tend to look like.

Very interesting indeed.
NoA is not a gacha game at all, however. Though you can summon new Servans for your party with items, what Servan you get is never random, since it's determined by the item you use for the summoning. For example, if you use a Moonstone, you'll always get an Alraune.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>XSeed

>Worldwide release

Pick one.

Ehehe. Yeah...

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

At least you can snap her out of her madness if you fulfill a lategame quest for Christophorus, whose entire goal in NoA2 is to do just that.

Good girl Christophorus

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just read a short comic series called Godzilla: Rage Across Time. In the second issue, the Big G kills the Greek Gods and was powerful enough to make Zeus himself feel fear. Awesome. Really putting the "God" in Godzilla.

Also, i found this

This reminds me of a long-standing rumor where there was meant to be a “Godzilla vs. the Devil” movie, but it turned out to be untrue. I think this rumor derived from the original version of The Return of Godzilla that included Bagan, who is notorious for never appearing in a film despite being planned for several of them (he did, however, get to be the final boss of Super Godzilla). Conversely, Batman vs. Godzilla actually was meant to be a real movie.

I’ve never read any Godzilla comics, but I’ve heard Godzilla: Rulers of Earth is pretty good.

38 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

NoA is not a gacha game at all, however. Though you can summon new Servans for your party with items, what Servan you get is never random, since it's determined by the item you use for the summoning. For example, if you use a Moonstone, you'll always get an Alraune.

So it's Xenoblade 2 but without the RNG. Although, is there a Servan tier-list or can you get by with just any?

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

This reminds me of a long-standing rumor where there was meant to be a “Godzilla vs. the Devil” movie, but it turned out to be untrue. I think this rumor derived from the original version of The Return of Godzilla that included Bagan, who is notorious for never appearing in a film despite being planned for several of them (he did, however, get to be the final boss of Super Godzilla).

Interesting. I wasn't aware there were any video game exclusive Kaiju in the Godzilla franchise.

18 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I’ve never read any Godzilla comics, but I’ve heard Godzilla: Rulers of Earth is pretty good.

Godzilla comics are pretty short so i'll check this out soon. 

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So it's Xenoblade 2 but without the RNG. Although, is there a Servan tier-list or can you get by with just any?

There's no real tier list, but there are some that are more useful than others, certainly.
As for whether or not you can get by with just any... that's what I'm about to find out. XD

But I do believe you can. I think the only two Servans I'd call "mandatory" are the Alraune (one of the three you start with), because it is the most effective healer (it might even be the only one, but I don't remember this exactly), and the Rock Golem for one boss fight later on (the Rock Golem can remove damaging floor tiles with its special ability, which that boss loves spamming).
Uniquely, you can have multiple of the same Servan if you want. You just need to find the items for it.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Umu

Edited by DragonFlames

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Interesting. I wasn't aware there were any video game exclusive Kaiju in the Godzilla franchise.

Besides Bagan, there are also Krystalak and Obsidius from Godzilla Unleashed (the last Godzilla game that I played), MGR-IInd and SMG-IInd from Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact (variations of MOGUERA and Mechagodzilla), and seven monsters from Godzilla: Trading Battle (which includes just about every other Toho kaiju that existed at the time as well). And for a certain value of "video game exclusive Kaiju," Godzilla Generations featured Giant Dr. Serizawa as a character, along with Godzilla, Minilla, and Zilla (though the latter was called "Godzilla-USA" because he wasn't named Zilla yet).

P.S. Here's a cutie

Well, I just finished Ch. 3-3 of RD and got two skill scrolls in it, Shade and Blossom. Is Blossom worth using, since it reduces exp amounts gained?

I also got a Master Crown as well. Is there any unit in particular that I should use it on?

Edited by twilitfalchion

I also got a Master Crown as well. Is there any unit in particular that I should use it on?

A healer if you can't get them to lvl20 fast enough

Blossom huh? Never used it