Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Does someone here play Super Mario Maker 2?

I made my very first level.

Reveal hidden contents

YG7-NN6-FSG

It's not entirely hard, but thanks to my poor jump precession I needed 30 attempts to beat my self made stage.

Sure, I'd be glad to check it out.

------------

Lysithea and Flayn were easy choices, and so was Tamamo actually, knowing what I know about her character.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sure, I'd be glad to check it out.

Nice!

Though don't expect too much...

To be fair I know neither Flayn's nor Musse's opponent (latter only the series she is from), so my votes don't have much expressiveness here.

If I knew the two and liked them, I might have voted for them.

It's not that Flayn and Musse are the best characters for me in any way.

Edited by Julian Teehee

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

So, I played the first 40 minutes of the DQXI demo (and I would've played more if I wasn't so damn tired), but I will put this game on my list of games I will get. 
I'll get it next time there's a sale, I think.

The demo data carries over to the actual game, but I understand if you feel like it'd be too jarring to do that.

Or, you can wait for the sale, play the demo to its end to see if you really like it, and then purchase the game while the sale is still ongoing. That'd let you fully test it out, without the narrative disconnect from having put down the game for a while.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I could play it in 2D with sprites, too?
That's neat!

You will have to put up with random encounters then, which makes things a bit tougher I would think than being able to dodge visible enemies on the map as you can in 3D. Also, narratively, I believe the game will reset some recent events for some reason if you play partway into a "segment", so if you want to swap from 3D to 2D or vice versa, do it after the plot resolves what you think would be a "chapter".

Setting that aside, Tickington exists in the game to give you a small dose of optional 16-bit fun. When you visit Tickington and any of the snippets of the prior DQ games within it (some areas peaceful, but a few dungeons too), it will always be pixilated.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I actually want Rune Factory 5 to bring back that thing where everyone gets married, i think it's a fantastic concept for this kind of game.

Same. And it makes the world feel more real than you being the only one looking for love in town, that smells harem-y.

As I read, they ditched the concept in Story of Seasons because male players got angry at the NPC bachelors for trying to steal their would-be spouse ("Get a life you incel!" I'd shout at them for being infuriated over pixels), and female players felt unworthy for the love of who they wanted compared to the rival.

Of course, there are two ways to address this, the first is to give the rivals cold feet until they ask you "I've had been having feelings towards X, should I confess to them?" and you answer "yes". The second is easier- an "off" switch in the options menu that keeps rival marriages from happening and maybe pre-marriage rival love events too.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I don't know if kids are a thing in every Rune Factory game but if 5 does it, i hope we get a lot more family bonding scenes. Cause when i say that RF4 had a few, i mean, a few

Children exist in the other RFs, but they're an afterthought that don't do anything from I'm aware (and you can have 3 kids in RF3 for some reason). Not that I ever played until a baby was born outside of RF2, I rarely even married because I was noncommittal, more substantial postgame content would help with this. 

Admittedly, it's difficult to give a ton to unplayable kids when they can't fully age because the games have no time limit. And I don't want Rune Factory: A Wonderful Life.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Rune Factory has marriage in it?
I had no idea!

To be precise you have:

• RF1: 11 Bachelorettes
    • Pick based on looks, because every girl gets like 1 event at most. Creating the foundation of the franchise seems to have absorbed all the creative juices, leaving nothing for characterization.
  • RF2: 7 Bachelorettes
    • Must marry in order to move on to the meat of the game- the 2nd generation. You can "pretend marry" in the second Gen, but it's purely for fun, since you are now a child.
  • RFF: 13 Bachelorettes
    • Six are from the first game, and the remaining seven are new. Two of them are basically the same person. And Eunice the chubby girl can be put on a diet for a smaller visual difference if you think she'd look better that way.
  • RF3: 11 Bachelorettes
    • Must marry one to finish off the last bit of story.
  • RFTOD: 9 Bachelorettes and 3 Bachelors +Whoever you didn't pick of Aden and Sonja to play as in the postgame.
    • Finally, a game where you can play as a female! However, you cannot marry until after finishing the story and have gotten every bachelo' character to 6 FP. This is because it'd be weird to date and marry while Sonja is stuck in Aden's body.
  • RF4: 6 Bachelors and 6 Bachelorettes
    • A game at last where you can be female from the start.

And as an unspoken rule, every game has at least one mother who you'd want to marry, but can't.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

RF4: 6 Bachelors and 6 Bachelorettes

And, if you want to put the effort in, you can actually be dating everyone at once. Not my kind of thing, but yeah. It's there.

Edited by twilitfalchion

It can potentially be more amusing when using the Order to change appearance into that of the other protagonist. Even if the text remains the same.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

So me and Draggy lost our best girls in the first round 

F

jUhhnI2.png

Jokes aside, I am legitimately surprised about Estelle. I almost expected it for Arnice (and I know Hinako won't last, either), but I fully expected Estelle to win the thing.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or, you can wait for the sale, play the demo to its end to see if you really like it, and then purchase the game while the sale is still ongoing. That'd let you fully test it out, without the narrative disconnect from having put down the game for a while.

I think this is what I'll do.

You will have to put up with random encounters then, which makes things a bit tougher I would think than being able to dodge visible enemies on the map as you can in 3D. Also, narratively, I believe the game will reset some recent events for some reason if you play partway into a "segment", so if you want to swap from 3D to 2D or vice versa, do it after the plot resolves what you think would be a "chapter".

I see, I see.
Thanks for the heads up!

I probably won't use the option when I do get to the game, because the environments look absolutely stunning as far as I've seen (and I don't really expect that to change), but it's good to know what will wait for me if I do use it.

Setting that aside, Tickington exists in the game to give you a small dose of optional 16-bit fun. When you visit Tickington and any of the snippets of the prior DQ games within it (some areas peaceful, but a few dungeons too), it will always be pixilated.

That's neat!

To be precise you have:

• RF1: 11 Bachelorettes
    • Pick based on looks, because every girl gets like 1 event at most. Creating the foundation of the franchise seems to have absorbed all the creative juices, leaving nothing for characterization.
  • RF2: 7 Bachelorettes
    • Must marry in order to move on to the meat of the game- the 2nd generation. You can "pretend marry" in the second Gen, but it's purely for fun, since you are now a child.
  • RFF: 13 Bachelorettes
    • Six are from the first game, and the remaining seven are new. Two of them are basically the same person. And Eunice the chubby girl can be put on a diet for a smaller visual difference if you think she'd look better that way.
  • RF3: 11 Bachelorettes
    • Must marry one to finish off the last bit of story.
  • RFTOD: 9 Bachelorettes and 3 Bachelors +Whoever you didn't pick of Aden and Sonja to play as in the postgame.
    • Finally, a game where you can play as a female! However, you cannot marry until after finishing the story and have gotten every bachelo' character to 6 FP. This is because it'd be weird to date and marry while Sonja is stuck in Aden's body.
  • RF4: 6 Bachelors and 6 Bachelorettes

I see, I see.
I like that you can start out as a female character in RF4 if you want to.

40 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And, if you want to put the effort in, you can actually be dating everyone at once. Not my kind of thing, but yeah. It's there.

I never go the harem route. Haven't done so in Persona 5 (even though you could), and I won't do it in RF4, either.
0zNjLc4.jpg

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Jokes aside, I am legitimately surprised about Estelle. I almost expected it for Arnice (and I know Hinako won't last, either), but I fully expected Estelle to win the thing.

Welsh cat girl stronk

We might get Melia vs. Nia, that would be interesting

Especially sinca i am 100% sure Nia will destroy Emma

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Welsh cat girl stronk

We might get Melia vs. Nia, that would be interesting

Especially sinca i am 100% sure Nia will destroy Emma

Now that Estelle's out, I actually see one of the Xeno girls winning.
Since if there's one thing equally popular as or even more popular than FE around here, it's definitely Xeno.

I myself only voted for Nia because I know more about her than I do Estelle. If I had actually finished Sky FC before this, I might have voted differently, who knows?
Also, since I played XB2 with Japanese voices, she was "only" a cat girl to me.

---

In other news, today's votes were easy compared to yesterday.
Flayn, Lysi, and Tamamo.
Two of the best FE characters ever and the best written character in Fate.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now that Estelle's out, I actually see one of the Xeno girls winning.
Since if there's one thing equally popular as or even more popular than FE around here, it's definitely Xeno.

The whole thing us just a Trails vs. Xeno  proxy war xD

But yeah, either FE or Xeno girl will get this, i think. Especially since Trails girls are getting eleminated fast xD

Edited by Shrimperor

The whole thing us just a Trails vs. Xeno  proxy war xD

But yeah, either FE or Xeno girl will get this, i think. Especially since Trails girls are getting eleminated fast xD

Unless a miracle happens and Nep takes the win. XD

Draggy, my mobile likes you

It memorized your name xD

Yay!
tenor.gif

---

For some reason these past few days, I have this theme stuck in my head.
Not that I hate it, but... when it basically plays on loop, it can get a little bit... weird. The base drum is amazing in this one, though.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It never got cold...

Rain didn't help xD

Double oof.

I wish it would rain for like 3 days straight, tbh. Or at least every night from now on.
But... there is no rain in sight until at least Friday.
Yaaay...

yCglJLF.png
I love this image for some reason.

Btw, the Illya tries to cope/get along with Kuro and hilarity ensues chapters of Prisma Illya were some of my favorites, ngl. XD

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Btw, the Illya tries to cope/get along with Kuro and hilarity ensues chapters of Prisma Illya were some of my favorites, ngl. XD

Fake Illya and perv Illya trying to get along

Hilarity ensues xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Fake Illya and perv Illya trying to get along

Hilarity ensues xD

Yep, exactly! XD
The humor in that manga was on point. I'm a little sad it's sort of gone now.

Is it bad that I kinda like the Prisma version more than regular Illya?