Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Tbh, the only maps I've disliked so far were the FoW maps, and that's just because I dislike FoW as a mechanic in any FE game. Everything else has been very unique and (to me at least) seems very well thought out. As long as those reinforcement-heavy maps don't require me to use the DB exclusively or something like that, then I don't think I'll mind them all that much.

Spoiler warning for usable units in Part 4:

Spoiler

They don't, don't worry!
You can bench 'em all with reckless abandon once Part 4 opens its curtains. No more Scrub Brigade (aside from Sothe and Micaiah) required.
Unless that's the challenge run you want to do, of course.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ys 7 boss fights

Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

Ys 8 is much better in that regard

except for the final boss...

He is one of the worst series wide

Sponge of Life indeed

As for Celceta...

Well, Celceta is an easy game xD

The game where i had the least game overs in Ys

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Everything else has been very unique and (to me at least) seems very well thought out.

Really sad the game sold really badly ;_;

As much as the fanbase loves Tellius atm...

Nobody bought it back then

and the jp fanbase doesn't like those games (as i said before, we got a much better & improved version over here).

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, and probably many more games that I don't know about are "cult classics" now, but sold like garbage when they released.
It's an odd little phenomenon, that.
Almost as if sales figures are a really bad measurement of quality.

Also, until Awakening came around, IntSys thought "marketing" was something to put into one's morning coffee, which... probably had a hand in Tellius selling badly.

Edited by DragonFlames

Man, the first boss where this Theme plays :gasm:

Especially that last Phase

RUN, ADOL, RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

F5jwW0B.png

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, and probably many more games that I don't know about are "cult classics" now, but sold like garbage when they released.
It's an odd little phenomenon, that.

Many reasons for that. Bad release Date (Wasn't RD released in the same week as Mario Galaxy or something? That really was a galaxy brain move lmao) and bad marketing are usually the reason

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Spoiler warning for usable units in Part 4:

Reveal hidden contents

They don't, don't worry!
You can bench 'em all with reckless abandon once Part 4 opens its curtains. No more Scrub Brigade (aside from Sothe and Micaiah) required.
Unless that's the challenge run you want to do, of course.

That’s good to know.

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Really sad the game sold really badly ;_;

and the jp fanbase doesn't like those games (as i said before, we got a much better & improved version over here).

IIRC the more popular titles in JP are FE4, FE3, and FE7, as well as a few others. I mean, those games aren’t bad by any means, but Tellius is just on a level of its own in terms of scale, depth, and quality of the overall experience, imo at least.

Edited by twilitfalchion

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Many reasons for that. Bad release Date (Wasn't RD released in the same week as Mario Galaxy or something? That really was a galaxy brain move lmao) and bad marketing are usually the reason

Yep. Especially the latter.
It's why most of the budget for many "AAA" games nowadays is spent on the marketing campaign rather than the actual game. Or so I've heard anyway.
It would certainly explain how we ended up with so much overhyped garbage lately.

Edited by DragonFlames

Okay, finally started with SoV's Act 2. Made it only as far as Novis Greatpost and recruited Saber. I know it's expected, but I like that the place has quite the number of cats. Will continue some other time.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

IIRC the more popular titles in JP are FE4, FE3, and FE7, as well as a few others.

FE4 and the Marth games + Awakening are the most loved there afaik.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tellius is just on a level of its own in terms of scale, depth, and quality of the overall experience, imo at least.

Yeah, i agree with that, and i would love another game in the same style. Multipe Lords, Multipe PoVs, One route.

FE16 was the only one to compare to Tellius imo (and the reason i put FE16 about RD is a plot point you will know about later and part 4 Maps)

Honestly, i don't think i can go back to single lord again haha. Single route yes, but i want Multipe Lords/Armies

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ys 8 is much better in that regard

Good. 

Every time i feel like getting back to Ys 7, i remember the long-ass boss fights and i'm like

20181002_200829.jpg?width=582&height=431

Really wish i started with Ys 8 or a simpler Ys game. 

59 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

They are force deployed through much of the game. If you can cap their lvls/stats with lvl ups from maps, you can use Bonus EXP to overcome their weakness

It's for example why my Miccy was much much faster than yours

Eh, I personally still think raising Sothe to be more trouble than it's worth-a lot of exp/bexp has to be dumped into him to keep him up to par, and could be used on people who'd probably surpass him. (Like Meg and Laura) He still holds his own well enough for the last few maps where he's force deployed, at least enough to deal a tiny bit of chip and not get ORKO'd.

OH BLOODY HELL WHY DOES LUNA HAVE TO HAVE 95 HIT AND 20 CRIT?! ELIWOOD JUST GOT 1% CRIT BY A 27 MAGIC LUNA DRUID WHO WAS THE THIRD TO LAST ENEMY ON COG OF HECKING DESTINY! REEEEEEEEEEEEE

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, i don't think i can go back to single lord again haha. Single route yes, but i want Multipe Lords/Armies

Oh yes, please!

1 minute ago, Benice said:

OH BLOODY HELL WHY DOES LUNA HAVE TO HAVE 95 HIT AND 20 CRIT?! ELIWOOD JUST GOT 1% CRIT BY A 27 MAGIC LUNA DRUID WHO WAS THE THIRD TO LAST ENEMY ON COG OF HECKING DESTINY! REEEEEEEEEEEEE

F

Edited by DragonFlames

I would also be perfectly happy if FE never had another avatar character. Each avatar has had some major writing issues (being glorified by other characters, being an emotionless blank slate, being too much like a Mary Sue/Gary Stu). I just think having actual characters be the leads in a game is better than trying to make a self-insert type character be a replacement for that.

It might be a long-term wish, as I doubt FE will ditch the concept any time soon. Unless it's a remake. Though even then it's not a sure thing.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I would also be perfectly happy if FE never had another avatar character. Each avatar has had some major writing issues (being glorified by other characters, being an emotionless blank slate, being too much like a Mary Sue/Gary Stu). I just think having actual characters be the leads in a game is better than trying to make a self-insert type character be a replacement for that.

Same here tbh

Honestly, the whole support system needs one big ass revamp.

But it's a series staple now

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It might be a long-term wish, as I doubt FE will ditch the concept any time soon. Unless it's a remake. Though even then it's not a sure thing.

True. And I wouldn’t blame IS for doing that when some of the best selling FE games, 13, 14, and 16, all feature avatar characters. It’s definitely a very popular concept to keep around.

EfGpi5sWkAAWGwD?format=jpg&name=small

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'm so sorry.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

True. And I wouldn’t blame IS for doing that when some of the best selling FE games, 13, 14, and 16, all feature avatar characters. It’s definitely a very popular concept to keep around.

Reminds me of that IGN review on SoV where the guy unironically docked points because there was no marrige system and i couldn't ship Saber and Celica.

The worst thing that can happen in a roleplaying game is the player hating the character they're roleplaying as.
I think nothing kills the immersion more than that.

Edited by DragonFlames
irrelevant tripe

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The worst thing that can happen in a roleplaying game is the player hating the character they're roleplaying as.

Tuu.jpg?width=299&height=431

I'm sorry.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Reminds me of that IGN review on SoV where the guy unironically docked points because there was no marrige system and i couldn't ship Saber and Celica.

Seriously? Oof.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Absolutely. I’m not typically petty enough to stop playing a game because of one character, but when that character is someone I’m viewing the world through in every scene and controlling in every gameplay bit, I’m going to have trouble wanting to continue if I dislike or even hate them.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Tuu.jpg?width=299&height=431

Exactly like that, yeah. XD

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm sorry.

No need to apologize.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Absolutely. I’m not typically petty enough to stop playing a game because of one character, but when that character is someone I’m viewing the world through in every scene and controlling in every gameplay bit, I’m going to have trouble wanting to continue if I dislike or even hate them.

Agreed. If a game has one stinker, that's fine with me. Though there shouldn't be too many, either, or the same applies for me (see Persona 4 Golden where half the main cast got on my nerves and I quit the game because of that).
To go with Armagon's example: If Otsuu was just a character in Mary Skelter 2, I would have gladly kept playing the game, since everyone but her is great in that series. But since she's the main character, my willingness to put up with her waned really, really fast.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Otsuu, the main character of Mary Skelter 2.
Unfortunately.

What's wrong with Otsuu?

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nice.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Seriously? Oof.

Yeah and i remember seeing a lot of people not be that interested in SoV not neccisarily because it was different (it was a remake of the series' black sheep after all) but because it lacked avatars and S-Supports. Not to be a gatekeeper but at least at the time, SoV kinda showed that certain FE fans would not play Fire Emblem or would think less of a specific game if they couldn't marry someone.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She is to me what Rean is to Shrimpy.

xD

You know what's worse? It's when you find the character ok when he is not in the focus/lead, but once he gets all the focus you hate him again lel